Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 4 196 értékelés megmutatása
very stressful workplace
Pipefitter (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2018, július 25.
There was too much work and not enough workers. Management was terrible. Typical of a Govt. entity. My supervisor had no idea what my job entailed. I would not recommend this job to any of my friends. I feel sorry for the Vets that go there. they still are not getting the care they deserve.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Program Support Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, július 25.
Working with veterans and giving them the satisfaction of appreciation is tremendous

The Department of Veterans Affairs focuses on middle management and should focus on employee morale and the mantra "ONE VA"
Interaction with veterans
Kontra érvek
poor management in critical areas
Rewarding
Counseling Therapist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Coatesville, VA2018, július 25.
Having the opportunity to provide care and support to our Nation's Veteran was rewarding. The VA is a very large organization that offers many opportunities to employees and Veterans.
Nothing good to say
Computer Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Augusta, GA2018, július 24.
The absolute worst organization (for lack of a better word) that I have ever worked for. As someone said before, upper management has no caring or compassion for patients but wants those numbers to look real nice on paper. The workers (at least 75%) are lazy, don’t care and are not team players which gives good, reliable workers a bad name. Management has no backbone and has no idea how to manage. You can’t get fired unless you’re going to jail or you can be “let go” because of prejudicial unprofessional attitudes of supervisors. It’s extreme one way or extreme the other way. There’s no middle ground. The VA’s leadership at the higher does not care. There is no continuity with leadership. I saw at least 9 directors during my 19 1/2 years there.
401k (TSP) and health insurance
its all in the review?
Munkahelyi kultúra
Should be more tech savvy and cleaner
Health Administrative Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jefferson Barracks, MO2018, július 24.
This is where our vets get there medical care.
It's not clean and has bug issues. Management was clueless. Hardest part is seeing the veterans stand in the hall of a old hospital turn clinic.
HOURS
I CAN'T SAY ANY
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Not interested
Cemetery Caretaker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Holly, MI2018, július 24.
I do not feel like talking about it right now I am just trying to apply for new positions since I was let go by this one and need a new job immediately .
Munkahelyi kultúra
This company gave me an opportunity to work for the federal government
Nursing Supervisor, RN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hilo, HI2018, július 24.
I was able to work independently. Our clinic participated in many pilot programs that gave me the opportunity to evaluate and be in the process for further development of The Department of Veteran’s Affairs continued care.
Great work environment
Kontra érvek
Patients can be demanding, forceful and on occasion violent
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Great culture, awesome benefits
Medical Clerk (Federal job) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Birmingham, AL2018, július 24.
I worked in the administrative of the wings of high ranking GS 11 and GS 12's. They showed me how to organize and do my work in Microsoft Excel at that that which was new.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Great place to be
Dental Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Birmingham, AL2018, július 24.
This office really took the time with each individual patient which i loved. They had every patient leave happy with the work that was done. The enviroment was different being in a large hospital compared to private practice.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Social Worker for the Homeless Program (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  wv2018, július 24.
The VA is a great place to work. The department I am in is very family orientated and we work as a team despite feeling overwhelmed at times. I also love my supervisor
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
The Department of Veterans Affairs
Equipment Inventory Liaison (EIL) GS301 (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, július 23.
The Department of Veterans Affairs needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. There is no structure, no discipline, and very few employees are willing to go the extra mile to support the Veteran or the Agency.
Excelllent place to work
Pharmacist in Charge (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sacramento, CA2018, július 23.
I like the sense of community that this job entails.

In my position I am able to make a difference in the organization by providing input that can affect policy decisions.
Job Review
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Biloxi, MS2018, július 23.
Loved taking care of our veterans.
Excellent compensation and benefits. Tons of opportunity for career advancement.
Competitive salary.

However, always understaffed. More focused on collection of data via charting than provided enough hands-on staff to care for our veterans better.
It's not bad
Nutrition and Food Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fresno, CA2018, július 22.
The department of Veteran affairs is not a bad place to work. Great benefits and job security. The pay is ok. If you have a passion for helping veterans this is the place for you.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
good position
Dispatcher (Police) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Albany, NY 122082018, július 21.
Good position at location, like all position there were always way to improve. Just funding is a issue. Good staff helpfully willing to continue to self improvement
Reason for termination of position
A term position with not funding to continue.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved it. You were told what the functions of the position entailed; it was expected that you perform the functions.
Program Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, július 20.
I enjoyed the independent work environment and working directly with managers and scientists. The pay was good for a contract position and you worked well with manager of your program.
Pro érvek
Rewarding work environment; expectations were high from managers.
Kontra érvek
contract position; and insecure managers, uncomfortable with making decisions.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
My career at Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Licensed Practical Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2018, július 20.
Enjoyed my 27.5 year career
Best employer I have worked for
5 stars for Dept. of Veterans
VA provides opportunities for advancements with education reimbursement .
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Great people
Telemetry Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, július 20.
Absolutely love working here and hope to transfer with in the va in my new location. If I didn't have to move I wouldn't leave where I am. The benefits are amazing.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Some of the regulations
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 1Jelentés
Federal employee
VETERAN SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  West Palm Beach, FL2018, július 19.
Process claims in the work queue, solving Veteran's claims ensuring quality assurance and regulations are followed for Rating criteria. It is stable job with great benefits but I also looking to grow in career along with my education.
Work in Comfortable Environment
Upward Mobility
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 3Jelentés
Working for LEIDOS at the VA
Project Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2018, július 19.
I liked my job. Many VA FTEs look down on contractors. It is a very unstable environment. Contractor management were not good to employees. I was allowed to use my SSBB
Max 40 hour work week
Lack of job stability
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van