Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 4 657 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
welcome in a good, love to train
PIV Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, október 24.
hard worker
team player
love hand on training
I mostly work over night, watch over my follow veteran
I am trusting employee
being a caregiver
a friend
trustful, hard worker
come to work too ar
My Review
Housekeeping aide (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2018, október 23.
The veterans administration hospital is a great place to work. The benefits are really great you get 30 days a year of annual leave. Also, you get sick leave. All of my medical expenses are covered there as well.
long breaks
nothing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Run as fast as you can
Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, október 23.
A typical day at VA is to go along with whatever the 'cool' kids suggest that you go along with or get put in a corner.

I learned what not to do to be an effective leader. For example, don't alienate employees, don't show favoritism, etc.

The workplace culture is tribe driven...there are factions and tribes. You are either in or out.

The hardest part of the job is going in every day with a true intention of supporting the mission and not being able to because of all of the immature and unethical practices surrounding you.

The most enjoyable part of the job is not being there.
non
Kontra érvek
Absolutely unethical leadership. Plan to work for contractors.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Supports our Veterans
Program Support Assistant, GS-06 (Volt alkalmazott) –  Richmond, VA2018, október 23.
Great atmosphere
Education training
Be able to help Veterans
Incentives for employees
stressful, incompetent workers
Lead Medical Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denver, CO 802202018, október 23.
Management is a JOKE here. If you're good at your job you only get more work to make up for the incompetent workers. Supervisors and upper management have no idea what they are doing. The culture is bad. Patients are extremely rude. They don't discipline people who don't do their jobs, it's almost impossible to get fired from here. I can't stress enough how INCOMPETENT workers are here.
sick and annual leave
Munkahelyi kultúra
Structured and stable work environment, great benefits
Staff Physical Therapist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brooklyn, NY2018, október 22.
Patients is the greatest perk of this job, but the more conventional benefits package is nothing to frown upon either. Staff is short but work hours are stable and pay scale allows for fair amount of lateral movement in terms of compensation within the same position
Solid Internship Training, Good Mentorship
Recruitment and Placement Policy Service Intern (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, október 22.
Interning at the V.A. was a great experience, I felt I was doing meaningful work that made a real impact on the department. I was given lots of responsibility and great training/support
Work environment
Rating Veterans service representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint Petersburg, FL2018, október 21.
Management switch often. Not consistent with laws and rules and reviewing your work production. Some felt as if they were on a island by themselves. No team work. Numbers more important than the health of employees.
Benefits was great.
Kontra érvek
Work environment wasn't healthy.
Va
Veteran Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Little Rock, AR2018, október 21.
It is a federal department and has the usual federal work atmosphere. Hurry up and wait. Good working with veterans. Hated that veteran benefits were held up because of a typo on a letter. Veterans just did not seem to be a priority.
steady work
Kontra érvek
cut throat; veterans not a priority.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work that is great for professional growth.
Test Administrator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  University Park, IL2018, október 20.
Diverse culture that is team based as well as having the opportunity to grow as an individual. Management is understanding and willing to work and inform workers of any news that may impact operations of the workplace.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed working with veterans :)
Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bath, NY2018, október 19.
I loved working at the VA and the pay was great as well! The veterans gave me a reason to enjoy my job because they all had a story to tell and I was always thankful for their service! I worked in the emergency dept, and we worked well together as a team! We were a small group and we would even do ambulance transfers for psych to buffalo or Syracuse! Staff from different depts even worked well together too!
Pro érvek
12-16 hour shifts, Great pay, annual rate increase, working with the vets, benefits
Kontra érvek
Emergency dept closed, veterans can now go to civilian hospitals
Program Support Assistant
PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Amarillo, TX2018, október 19.
Day was quick-paced, very detail orientated, management is great. The best part of the job is the sense of helping people. Hardest part of job was meeting deadlines.
Benefits, Time Off, Employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Too much area for one person
Housekeeper (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Las Vegas, NV2018, október 19.
Heavy lifting constantly, over 15 offices to clean plus 5 long hallways and dialysis area with about 40 beds. Lots of wet sheets and wet towels. Much more then a person my age can handel. I did the best I could for as long as I could.
CLOSE TO HOME
TOO MUCH HEAVY LIFTING
Government Job
Study Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, október 18.
While the department I worked at is no longer there, it was a good place to work . It was my first job out of college and I really didn't know any better.
free lunches
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work when you're thinking about retirement
ICU Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, október 18.
Although the transition to practice residency gave me a great foundation, working in the critical care department, I feel that as a veteran GLA should work harder to give comprehensive physical and mental health care to both veterans and employees.
nice retirement package
poor culture
No issues
Health Technician/Clinical Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tacoma, WA2018, október 18.
I have nothing to say about this position. It was a great job. And I love the VA. I want to say that they are good organization with great benefits.
Veterans Affairs
Basic Contact Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waco, TX2018, október 17.
My time with the VA was short because I had some medical problems going on at the time and I didn't have enough time off to address the issues so I was only able to work for a couple months before I had to resign.
Very political ran.
Food Service Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dallas, TX2018, október 17.
Human Resources is rigged. They don’t hire qualified individuals for positions. They hire whomever they want including family members. Staff who are not veterans treat the veteran patients badly.
Leave
Politically ran. Human Resources is rigged! Especially at the Dallas VA
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Stable
SUPERVISORY BUDGET ANALYST (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, október 17.
Great benefits and stable work environment. I enjoy having the time to spend with my family. The VA also promotes learning. I would work here until I retired if I could.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Phlebotomist (Medical Technician) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Salt Lake City, UT2018, október 16.
Overall a great place to work. Change happens very slow, but if you are looking for a secure job the VA system will provide this. This allows you to focus on your work. Also, you are helping veterans which can be satisfying.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van