Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 375 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was not the type of work environment I would recommend to anyone
Housekeeping Aide (Volt alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2017, november 27.
I would come in approx. 2:12pm,then go to the ladies locker room to put on my uniform if I did'nt already have it on and put away my personal effects. I would then stop by the Housekeeping office to sign in and pick up the keys for my assigned area, which for me was the Emergency Room practically the entire time I worked at the Decatur Hospital. I would then prepare the cleaning cart I would be using throughout my shift. I would then proceed to assess the bathrooms in the Emergency room area to determine if they needed attention.
I learned the people basically the same wherever you go.They will usually go along with the consensus of the majority. The Management in my area usually wanted to take the path of least resistance as in my case since I did not make trouble, or constantly complain, I was practically ignored, even when I would occasionally bring to their attention problems that I encountered. The hardest part of my job was working alone. I was never offered assistance even though the job assignments and work load was obviously overwhelming. I can not honestly say that there was an enjoyable part of my job. I felt harassed for reasons I believe were for personal standards I have that werre obvious and of which I would not violate for any perks or favors I would receive in return.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 1Jelentés
Volunteer
Volunteer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Menlo Park, CA2017, november 27.
Volunteering and assisting fellow veterans with their issues is extremely rewarding. There are challenges that come along with helping others but there's always another vet there to help.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Poor Work Environment
Accountant II/III (Volt alkalmazott) –  Largo, FL2017, november 27.
Strong "friend and buddy" system drove day to day interaction with managers and supervisors.
Rampant favoritism - regardless of work quality and output.
Skewed reports produced to show favored employee work volume.
Interviews were conducted after new employee selection.
Inexpensive Healthcare Insurance
Highly Political/Buddy System - High Resistance to Improvement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work
Advanced Medical Support Assistant GS (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2017, november 27.
A very humbling experience working with the homeless veterans. Being able to assist someone freshly off the street and watch them transform in front of your eyes and translation back into society really warms the heart.
Paid days off
Short staffed
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Love working at the VA.
Administrative Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2017, november 27.
Absolutely loved working at the VA. I really do miss it. Had to quit because I moved to another state. I want to go back for a job. I will see whats available soon.
Great benefits
Promises unfulfilled
Customer Service Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Salt Lake City, UT 841582017, november 27.
Worked me in higher than grade level duties then denied promotion. As the song goes..they’ll use you, yes and abuse you, they’ll take your soul if you let them, oh but don’t you let them!
Favoritism, nepotism, discrimination, unethical behavior.... i started out intensely committed to helping veterans and now see that the very agency whose mission it is to help them treats civilian employees who have integrity with disdain. There are exceptions as i know employees in other divisions who are treated well. If you work there beware and watch your back.
Pro érvek
Good benefits and good internship program
Kontra érvek
Management will throw you under the bus to get their bonuses
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
goo job
Surgical Service Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, november 26.
Teh VA is a great place to work. Job security is great but financiali stilpulations can make it difficult to get work done. Alot of staff have been emplohyed for a long time and do not work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 4Jelentés
Poor
HST (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Minneapolis, MN2017, november 26.
typical day at work would be fine.
i have not learned anything knew.
management was horrible it was a mess thing where all over the place nothing goes well.
the hardest part of work was no team work. no one listened to one another. you are on your own there.
the hardest part of the job was they didnt care about the slacker people if you worked your hardest and did one thing wrong they would get on you but if someone who slacks off didnt get anything from making the same mistake.
the most enjoyable part is making the residents feel like they where people.
pays well
horrible management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lots of promises that don't happen
Vascular Technologist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Seattle2017, november 25.
Hired as contract, 10 years later still not converted to a permanent position. Nice working environment however no job security. Management is terrible at present time.
No call
Lots of red tape
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
great
Chief Operations Officer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Olympia, WA2017, november 25.
A wonderful mission and great place to work. Pay is an issue but benefits and other incentives make it worth while. A great mission and mostly great people.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful place to work because of bad LIS & short staffing.
Medical Technologist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2017, november 25.
Stressful place to work because of bad LIS & short staffing. Retirement and health benefits are excellent but behind on salary adjustment. Some older workers have bad attitudes which adds to the stress for newbies.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Excellent place to work
IT Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Muskogee, OK 744012017, november 24.
Very fair and excellent benefits - awesome and caring management - pay is in line with similar jobs outside of the Federal Government - decent opportunities for advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Scary leadership team at the very top
Social Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wichita, KS2017, november 23.
Most providers care about veterans and try to do an excellent job. The leaders at the top locally are horrible and scary people who lie and sabotage staff objectives to elevate certain people to higher pay levels. This impacts veteran care on many levels but they ignore service needs and bully staff who question the ethical nature of actions taken. Middle management turnover is ridiculously high. If you have a good supervisor it can be a buffer and manageable. Love for providing care for veterans helps me stay in my position but it's hard to observe the dis function. I worry about being terminated for being ethical and not going along with things that challenge me morally and ethically.
Pro érvek
Working with veterans, pay scale, great training opportunities
Kontra érvek
Stress, poor leadership, poor planning, poor communication
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would go back in a heart beat
Medical Lab Technician/Lead Phlebotomist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2017, november 22.
I worked the typical 8 to 5 lifestyle with no weekends do to being at a outpatient clinic. and all national holidays plus veterans day were observed and PTO. great benefits package and of course veterans preference applies here. I loved working for the VA. I only left because I had to relocate.
the hiring process can take anywhere from 3 to 6+ months
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 3Jelentés
Nice place to work
Medical Supply Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2017, november 22.
the hardest part of my job was there was nothing to hard about my job. My typical day at work was most of the time fast pace. Management was okay they could of used more experience.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
nice
Financial Accountant /Analyst (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Las Vegas, NV2017, november 22.
Great place to work. Great Benefits. Very Flexible once you get you time in. Telework available depending upon job description. Paid Vacations are awarded every pay every two weeks.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do not work an "internship"
Veterans Services Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Detroit, MI2017, november 22.
If your time is limited, have a backup plan. There was no advancement. The internship was not really an internship. People were hired to clean up the government's backlog and then "let go."
Very Fast Pace
Warehouse Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fayetteville, AR2017, november 22.
A normal day would consist of receiving medical supplies from ups and fedex from 9-12 and distributing it through out the hospital and other VA's from 1-4.Iv learned how to work at a fast pace and how to do my job efficient on a timely manner and make certain deadlines.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good job to have but got replaced by veterans
Cemetery Caretaker (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2017, november 21.
It was a honor to work for the government and to give back in a way to the fallen soldiers and veterans this job made me a better person and gained a lot of experience .
Munkahelyi kultúra
Busy and very active place to work
Facility Revenue Technician (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL2017, november 21.
Very diverse place to work. Never a dull moment. If you are one of the lucky ones you get to hear some interesting stories of some of our war heroes.
Wear Blue Jeans on Pay Day Friday's