Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 4 532 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
good
Public Health Intern and volunteer (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, október 1.
learn a lot from them. Workplace culture is perfect!
• Provided care support to the epidemiology department
• Assisted RN staff in discharging patients in need of social services
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
No work-life balance no promotion punitive management
Emergency Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Regional2018, szeptember 29.
The VA does not follow it's mission to care for the Veterans. The leadership have often been toxic, and those who try and make true positive change are pushed out.
healthcare
everything else
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Productive and Compensations offerred
Computer Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tuskegee, AL2018, szeptember 28.
The last jobs at the VA (Central Alabama Veterans Health Care) consisted of working at the two main campuses, Tuskegee and Montgomery as well as the three CBOCs. Main duties included but not limited too are uploading and testing the computer software related to the Clinical Settings as related to the Computerized Patient Record. Resolved issues as related to the users and the input of information in the computer. Worked with users on a daily basis on hardware issues as well. Resolved help desk tickets relating to all of the clinical support software groups. 15 years out of 30 years in this position. The main objective of my job was to make sure that information implemented in the patient's record was not entered incorrectly.
Good Working environment and benefits
Kontra érvek
Not all employees were dedicated to their jobs
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 3Jelentés
Unhealthy wokring environment
Program Support Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, szeptember 27.
Great job security and benefits, however no one is happy working there and that created an unhealthy working environment. Advancement is easy once you get in. I'm sure each hospital is different though and I wouldn't rule them all to be the same
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 1Jelentés
Department of Veterans Affairs
Contact Representative First Party (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Topeka, KS2018, szeptember 26.
I help on a typical day Veterans with billing issues and making payments. They are always thankful for my service and the knowledge I have attained through this job. Management is good they try with all the moving parts in this organization to keep us moving upward and onwards to serve our nations Veterans. Everybody here works well with one another and has a true passion for Veterans. The hardest part for me is taking Death of a Veteran calls especially recent deaths. I have always tried to support Veterans in a way that honors their service to our country. My most enjoyable part is just helping Veterans without regards to time or adherence to any standards.
Pro érvek
Great pay and benefits for a job i like to do every day.
Kontra érvek
When dealing with peoples money they get irate sometimes..
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 4Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everything was chaotic due to lack of organization.
ADVANCED MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, szeptember 26.
Teams don't collaborate. There is not enough time during the workday to get all of your work done due to people constantly pulling you for other tasks.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Average Place to work
Management Analyst (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX 782292018, szeptember 26.
Overall a decent place to work, but the last service I worked in within the VA had problems in leadership to me. The training programs were not developed for the new position I entered which caused problems with daily assignments.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Helping Veterans was my pride and joy
Veteran Affairs Work Study (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mooresville, NC2018, szeptember 26.
I loved and enjoyed every second of this job. As a veteran I enjoyed to the fullest helping Vets get there benefits. Nothing ever bad to say. Getting the right documents from the veterans and getting them approved by the VA for a chance of a career after the military.
Help others, Great environment
Nothing bad to say
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9Nem 3Jelentés
Learning Experience
Information Technology Specialist (InfoSec) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hines, IL 601412018, szeptember 26.
While working at the VA they have given me the opportunity to advance my skills as IT Specialist (InfoSec). The training I received interfacing with stakeholder and partner enhanced my ability to communicate with people on all levels. Sharpen skills in the area of VPN (Rescue and Citrix). Write knowledge documents for other technicians and user as a subject matter experts. Create SSL for servers and troubleshoot issue; assist user with PKI and PIV encryption issues.
Ability to learn more
Hurry up and wait
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 2Jelentés
Caregiver
Primary Caregiver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Manchester, NH2018, szeptember 26.
Worked at home as a caregiver to my husband. I took care of him and met with a social worker at the VA annually. It was a stipend I received, not official employment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 2Jelentés
Horrible management!!!
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, szeptember 25.
A place where I lost most skills, lacked autonomy, and was guided by residents who had recently finished their basic training. Only a handful of attendings had a bit of knowledge. There existed little comradery between the different shifts, days vs. nights. Usually, the weakest nurses would try to outdo the ones with more knowledge by badmouthing them in front of doctors and managers. Management seemed nonexistent. When patients did poorly, usually due to poor medical care or preexisting conditions, the nurses were blamed for the matter. The hardest part of the job was trying to get patients to survive where there existed such lack of knowledge all around. Only a few nurses really knew and understood the concept of good patient care. On a rare occasion, a well-trained resident from Jackson would be on duty. A plus included the supervisors who didn't disturb the staff like they do in other hospitals. Floating all over the hospital, while short-staffing the home unit, was a big problem.
Benefits and salaries.
Too much favoritism!!!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Having to pay attention to detail and support veterans needs.
File Clerk/Data Entry (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, szeptember 25.
Must be willing to help veterans and their families with issues of medical and claims to help the veterans receive their benefits and or family members who have survived agencies veteran.
Pro érvek
Off on weekends and all holidays
Kontra érvek
Very slow paced lots of paperwork
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 1Jelentés
Nice coworkers
Lead Civilian Payroll Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbus, OH 432192018, szeptember 24.
my coworkers were friendly. i enjoyed working at the Columbus, Oh VA. the hardest part of the job was the fact we were dealing with people's money, their livelihood and i wanted to do the best possible job i could.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the VA for almost seven years in different capacities as appointed to do so.
Medical Social Worker/psychotherapist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami-Dade County, FL2018, szeptember 24.
I was the home care social worker for the spinal cord injury department as well as being a controlled substance inspector. I traveled between 100 ans 200 miles daily to visit veterans, assess their needs and coordinated with other professionals to ensure optimum results for the veteran's care. I was part of an interdisciplinary team and attended weekly staff meetings to discuss patients needs, progress, issues, etc. I also participated in MS training, crisis management and intervention for veterans and their families/caretakers.

I loved this job even though it was extremely stressful but it was incredibly rewarding to know I could make a difference in a veterans life. My base of operations was the Miami Office.
Pro érvek
I was provided with a company car to use during the day to visit the shut-in veterans.
Kontra érvek
There were always issues between management and staff.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Good Place to Work
Clinical Research Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, szeptember 23.
I had a great opportunity with this organization. My research was able to take flight and the staff associated with the VA made it easy to publish my ideas. I was given a great opportunity to work on my research while I did my normal work as well.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrible corrupt place to work STAY AWAY.
Senior Veterans Service Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, szeptember 23.
All the stories you here in the news are true. There is rampant corruption and nepotism. It was one of the worst mistakes I have made. TOXIC WORKPLACE.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 1Jelentés
Nice environment
Homeless Veteran Outreach Coordinator (HVOC) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2018, szeptember 23.
I've really enjoyed my time with the Federal Government, Veteran Service Rep and Homeless Veteran Outreach Coordinator. Spending 12 years in a productive environment.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 2Jelentés
Great for Job Security
Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, szeptember 23.
Job security is great if you can get through the door. Incompetent employees hire new incoming incompetent staff who are not Veterans and don't understand the Veteran culture. They say how they hire 40% Veterans, well I have news for that. The majority of Veterans in the entire VA Workforce are janitorial or support staff making 40,000 dollars or less. You can't live off of that nowadays, especially in expensive areas. Thats why you have some employees who are Veterans living in their vehicles on site overnight every night. Managers are very unqualified for what they do. If the Director of the facility finds you corrupt, you will move up quickly. If you are too smart and know a lot about Veterans and how to make the place run well, you will get knocked down and not allowed to get back up. Forget about promotion opportunities, you will soon be identified as the face who knows too much and then you have to leave VA to gain upward mobility. VA doctors complain constantly about their patients, how Veterans are annoying and ask way too much. VA doctors take a lot of time off, resulting in long wait times for patients. Patients don't get their medications on time because of this, especially important ones like heart and lung. Wait times at the pharmacy are about 1 hour long if you are lucky. Cafeteria food is terrible. Fried chicken, sodium filled sandwiches, grilled cheese with fries, reuben, hot dogs, hamburgers, sodas for lunch. They promote healthy lifestyles but the medical center cafeterias lead to long wait times in the ER because of obesity and poor nutrition habits. No one  több... person can manage 172 hospitals and 1200 outpatient clinics. VA will never change unless they hire qualified people. But more than likely if you are qualified and know too much, and you are a Veteran, you're not getting hired. Employees who aren't Veterans don't like Veterans.  kevesebb
Health Insurance, 401K
Kontra érvek
Employees Abuse Veterans, GS Pay Scale results in no negotiations, private sector has better pay, managers are horrible and unqualified
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Sr. INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2018, szeptember 23.
Good place to work. There is an opportunity to work from home ( Has to be approved by your Manager) No hustle for parking. Quiet and great atmosphere to work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Decent place if HQ would keep out
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lubbock, TX 794122018, szeptember 22.
We work well and solve any issues, When our higher headquarters sees our success, they get jealous instead of celebrate them. It is almost as if they don't want us to succeed.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van