Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 4 100 értékelés megmutatása
OK Employer
Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Temple, TX2018, július 5.
The VA is an okay employer overall but still leaves much to be desired as far as employee advancement, promotion, and recognition. Most are long term career employees who have been doing the same jobs for years and do not feel ability to progress in their careers. They need to hire many, many more veterans at the senior levels of the organization, but the current environment of the VA Health system does not seem to support this.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed the job with the VA and most likely would have stayed had a PMNP job locally been available.
Registered Nurse Care Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Plains, MO2018, július 3.
The VA does do a super job following it's mission, ensuring a good work environment, good employee benefits, and encourages care to be evidence-based practice. As well, patients are the center of care. Additionally, the quality of care is measured consistently to better understand what more can be done to improve care. This is important to providers who are very busy and sometimes fall short on time but do care.
Great company
Patient Service Account (Volt alkalmazott) –  Louisville, KY2018, július 3.
I loved helping out the veterans and making sure there check in time was quick and efficient. It was great to get to know them on a personal level.But management could be a little better.
Excellent People to serve for
Munkahelyi kultúra
Summary
Claims Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Muskogee, OK2018, július 3.
Working for Veterans Affairs was rewarding. I am a Veteran, and half of my peers were Veterans, so the work environment required a sense of humor and extreme determination to serve America's Veterans.
Pro érvek
Great benefits, consistent workload.
Kontra érvek
At times, low pay for the work required.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive work place,and friendly environment
Baker cellls pharmacy technician (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Maywood, IL2018, július 3.
This is an excellent place to work. easy,steady work,and you make tons of friends there. It does get busy from time to time,and attendance is very important to the VA.. you must be willing to be there every day, on time,and keep up with the point system,and follow the policy guidelines. The supervisors are helpful, and understanding of your needs,and willing to assist you if you dont understand something.
Pro érvek
Great hours, and overtime is good.. great pay
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, and they are really stingy on approving vacation time for you..
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to get your foot in the door
Housekeeping Aid (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Newport News, VA2018, július 3.
Great place to get your foot in the door and move around. I would not recommend staying put. As soon as you get the job you should began putting in applications to go else where.
health benefits
Kontra érvek
lack of staffing, open door policy is not in place
Fun Place/ Exciting
Ophthalmology Service Department (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Big Spring, TX2018, július 2.
Very satisfied - fun-exciting place to work. Real good management. Family first and very understanding. People are real good about taking care of veterans
Veterans Affairs
Receiving Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tomah, WI2018, július 2.
My experience with the company I was employed by was a great learning experience. I was given the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills and managed to be an efficient and competitive receiving clerk.
patient focused care
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Volt alkalmazott) –  Decorah, IA2018, július 2.
high paced job. Work is challenging. THe best government job I have had. Totally focused on quality care to veterans. Work environment was awesome.
Munkahelyi kultúra
post doctoral fellowhip very collaborative
Post Doctoral Fellowship (Volt alkalmazott) –  Milwaukee, WI2018, július 2.
The culture at the VA is great, as the environment working with Veterans is outstanding. I worked in a fellowship role and had the opportunity to learn from the best. It was very evident that all staff members, no matter the job title, were deeply committed to working with the Veteran population with exceptional care and compassion.
Good management
Pharmacy Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Martinez, CA2018, július 1.
Good work schedule, had a great boss and coworkers, taught me so much about pharmacy and myself. Able to grow so much as a leader and a trainer. Great working environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lots of good things and people. Just not a great fit for me.
Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  California2018, június 30.
Benefits are great. Pay is decent. The culture is different and although I've tried hard, (7 years, so I'm not wimping out) I don't seem to fit. And I'm a person who likes to fit in and be appreciated. The VA is very pro-education and offers many opportunities for learning. I've been fortunate to have learned many things which make me a stronger nurse. VA is a bureaucratic, paramilitary organization and I by nature I am more collaborative and appreciate flexibility. As in any job probably the most important factor for good or bad, is your direct supervisor.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
good workplace
File Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, június 30.
very productive and fun workplace. The main problem at the V.A. was the process to evaluate and organize compensation cases,as well, how slow was the customer service.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice place to learn to work with public
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Baton Rouge, LA2018, június 30.
I went to Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs through a senior employment training program. The program was for 48 months which I completed in November, 2018. The office was fast paced with veterans and family members coming for information, or to make a claim for benefits. During my time at LAD, Baton Rouge experienced inclement weather which caused extensive flooding in the EBR, Livingston, surrounding parishes. A fund was set up to help veterans who suffered losses their homes. During this time, the office was very, very busy with having people fill out forms of losses. This was a stressful time, in addition having to complete routine duties in the office. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting veterans/family members who appreciated what you could do to help.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Patient advocate
Health Technician (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Baltimore, MD2018, június 30.
Taking care of veterans, and giving back to those men and women who sacrificed their family, and loved ones to fight for our country. Being an advocate for the veterans and giving top quality care.
Advancements
Long days and nights
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pretty good place to work
Contact Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denver, CO2018, június 29.
Not a bad place to get started on your career. A typical day is answering calls and give benefit information. You may have to go the extra mile to assists not only veterans but family members as well. You will have a sense of accomplishment once finished.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Best Career Decision I have ever made
Nurse Recruiter (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Cloud, MN2018, június 29.
I am so proud to be a VA nurse. It is an honor and privilege to provide care to our Nation's Heroes. The VA offers RNs the opportunity to explore multiple types of nursing practice.
Appointments and Follow up
Executive Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, június 29.
Ever since I have been using the VA services, I have been meet with the primary care, counselors, and therapists. I have served with a quality service and outstanding customer service.
Veteran helping veterans
Veterans Service Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 337082018, június 29.
Typical day: At the regional office, day shift
What learned: Importance of veterans disabilities and compensation
Management: Energetic
Workplace culture: friendly
Hardest part: learning different disabilities
Enjoyable part: helping veterans
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
No team work
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tavares, FL2018, június 29.
I was a full time emp. for 17 yrs with 0 write ups with 0 suspensions that I know of, and was given the heaviest wk. load, & was forced to retire. A set up.
Pro érvek
No time card to punch in and out.
Health care.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van