Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 4 198 értékelés megmutatása
Decent place to work
Readjustment Counseling Technician, GS (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denver, CO2018, augusztus 7.
A typical day at work will depend on where one works (e.g., VAMC, CBOC, Regional Office, etc.). Management could be better and more receptive to putting voices of subordinates to action through more engagement and feedback and CSR best practices through transformational leadership styles. The culture(s) will also vary in locations with some teams working closely with each other while others may not due to environmental factors (e.g., telework or independent work). The hardest part of the job is complacency and redundancy. The most enjoyable aspect(s) is/are making a difference in the lives of veterans and family members.
Pro érvek
Good job security and benefits
Kontra érvek
May lead to poor job satisfaction and/or burnout
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Poor Managment
clinical pharmacy specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Gainseville2018, augusztus 6.
Experienced degreed workers overlooked for new grads in management positions. Upper management wants senior employees to train the new workers/managers. This decreases productivity of the senior employee and creates low morale and no incentive to go over and beyond. Most of my coworkers have transitioned to do the minimum required since the inexperienced managers tend to focus on metrics only when evaluating employees. So now we just do what makes us look good on paper which amounts to workload gaps. Everyone focused on hitting a number of patients seen now. No real evaluation here just hit the numbers and you appear to be a great employee. Easy game to play for seasoned employees. These inexperienced managers don't have any insight to see that less is actually getting done. But it is the new va way. Promote kids to manage adults. No upward mobility here for qualified managers with experience. Stay in the private sector if you are a serious business person. No growth for mature experienced qualified workers.
no weekends
management; no advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Finanical Specialist
Supervisory Financial Management Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bonham, TX2018, augusztus 6.
Poor management from the top down. Very poor training, all on the job training. Management would not listen to recommendations for improvement. Location was excellent!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Good and Bad
Medical Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Livermore, CA2018, augusztus 6.
Its a nice place to work given the pay and benefits but when it comes to management its horrible. Also the politics that are within the VA is really bad and our Veterans do not get the treatment they deserve.
Great pay and benefits
Kontra érvek
Bad management and to may politics
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
Wish I could have stayed
Administrative Assistant/ Work Study (Volt alkalmazott) –  Henderson, NV2018, augusztus 6.
Plenty of room for advancement. Management was absolutely wonderful and knowledgeable. I loved my coworkers. I went in smiling and left smiling. I will never forget my experience!
Pro érvek
Working with Vets, Making a difference, Great people, Great hours, Wonderful training
absolutely NONE
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Caregiver
Primary Caregiver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cape Coral, FL2018, augusztus 6.
It was a satisfying career. I got to meet fun and interesting people and I learned new skills. I also was paid a fair wage and support was always provided.
Fun
Stressful
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Rewarding
Police Dispatcher (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tuskegee, AL2018, augusztus 5.
Great to help our nation's veterans. Very rewarding when a veteran's needs are being met without issues or complications. Department I worked for had very little upward mobility.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
perfect opportunity for growth
Nursing Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, augusztus 5.
I had a great experience with this company. I would have loved to continue to work there. I learned a lot and had great benefits. I loved working with the employees as well as the patients.
great benefits
management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Fast paced program
HUD/VASH Case Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Omaha, NE2018, augusztus 5.
Fast paced environment with lots of learning and opportunities for advancement within the program. This is not a entry level position for a social worker it does require that you have some experience in outreach and mental heath.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Unprofessional
Mental Health Social Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hampton, VA 236692018, augusztus 5.
The worse place I ever worked. Not sure if all VAs are this bad, but Hampton, VA was not a good place for work. There was too much inconsistency. Promotions were based on neputism.
Overall great place
Veterans Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, augusztus 4.
Great place to work, excellent pay. Direct manager was really nice but still assertive manager. Case load high and relatively stressful. Overtime is mandatory when it comes up.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Loved my job
Veterans Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reno, NV2018, augusztus 3.
I worked for the VBA as a Veteran's Service Representative. It was a very rewarding job. You have to be technically inclined and like to do research as well. Great pay and promotion opportunities.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 2Jelentés
Stay Home Care Giver
Home Caregiver (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2018, augusztus 3.
Care Giver Duties
CNA Duties

Assist clients with personal care, including dressing, mobility, administering medication, personal hygiene, eating and transporting to doctor’s appointments
Monitor patient medications and update health charts
Maintain open communication between families and health care professionals regarding client’s medical and emotional condition
Document and report any changes in client’s health status
Ensure highest client safety and well-bein
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really dont have time for this
Medical File Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, augusztus 3.
Please I need to be applying for jobs and not wasting my time doing this nonsense. If you want to know call the human resources department. I really don't have time for these reviews.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 14Jelentés
What I learned
Advanced Medical Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lancaster, PA2018, augusztus 3.
I gained knowledge on how the VA differs from the Community. I learned a lot of interesting history from our Veterans who fought for our country. Enjoyed working FOR our Veterans
seeing a smile from a Veteran I helped
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Dva
Veteran Volunteer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Anchorage, AK2018, augusztus 3.
Not much to say, as a veteran this has given me the opportunity to give back to my fellow VETS. The Anchorage VA is solid, in terms of customer service, professionalism, and truly caring about the Veterans needs as well as their families.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very stressful work place and very poor management
Rating Veteran Service Representative (RVSR) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montgomery, AL2018, augusztus 3.
They need better management that dies not show favoritism or discrimination. Management at the Montgomery VA Regional Office has their picks and chooses of whomever they like gets the advantages.
Good pay and benefits
Poor management
Production driven
Field Examiner (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mineola, TX2018, augusztus 2.
necessary,
but no longer client focused,
driven by numbers not real needs
with the threat of punishment or removal if you do not produce what they expect.
constantly changing with no time to train for adjustments
compensation
poor leadership
good place to work
Health Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL2018, augusztus 2.
Typical day was busy in the clinic that I worked. This was the way I liked it to be. My nurse manager was very concerned about her employees. She was very easy to talk to. I can truly say I enjoyed the job. My coworkers were the best.
Transit vouchers
short lunches
Working Enviroment !!!
Nursing Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fayetteville, NC2018, augusztus 2.
Love coming to my place of employment, the environment is full of love growth. Admire the veterans that I work with and for. The Department of Veterans Affairs had allowed me to grow professionally.
time, pay
no overtime
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van