Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 907 értékelés megmutatása
fun and learning
Volunteer(Health Benefits and Enrollment Section) (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, május 15.
It's a respect full place all the workers are nice, they will teach you a lot about computers and how to do a lot of stuff you don't know you answer phone
work/life balance
Kontra érvek
short breaks, far to home
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
VA Employment Review
Claims Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  SeaTac, WA2018, május 15.
Nothing outside of what was previously noted in my overall rating of the Veterans Administration. .....which covered job work, comp, job security, mgmt. and job culture.
great
Veteran Student Rep (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roanoke, VA2018, május 15.
I worked helping vets and dependents with financial aid at vwcc. this was not a full time job just work study on campus at vwcc in the vets office. my
horrible management
SYSTEMS AND PROCEDURES ANALYST(Finance Manager) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, május 15.
horrible management, focus on mission is not priority. Titles supersede common sense and accountability. Reprisal is common in the current environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very stressful place to work
Medical Records Technician/Coder (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY 405022018, május 15.
I can handle stress any day of the week BUT the kind of back stabbing stressful environment here is just too much. Employees are not permitted to talk during work hours, you can hear a pin drop in an office of over 40 people. You are expected no mistakes and are not permitted to have a "bad day". I followed the advisement of my immediate supervisor to the word and got myself set up. Will never fall for that again.
Stress level
Poor management
LPN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Augusta, GA 309042018, május 15.
My most enjoyable moments were taking care of the veterans the worst part was poor management and the coroption of the va system down south if I would have stayed out west I may have not resigned ,
LOVED TAKING CARE OF VETS AFTER 14 YRS
POOR MANAGEMENT
If you value the E Quadrant the VA is a great place
Veterans Service Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, május 14.
Promotions are annually for the most part, either in a grade increase or in a step increase. Production and quality standards however give it very much a sales feel without the commissions.
Pro érvek
Job security as long as you do your job
Quality and Production Standards, no control of income
productive, friendly, relaxed
Lease Acquisition Coordinator/Contract Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bronx, NY2018, május 14.
I would recommend working with the VA because of it's culture and diversity. Nice place to work with a lot of perks and room for advancement. It doesn't discriminate against older people or disabled people and it give you a sense of security.
job advancement and security
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
nothing changes
Human Resource Administrative Specialist - GS (Volt alkalmazott) –  Martinsburg, WV2018, május 14.
the culture stays the same. Its always been done a certain way and nobody is open to changing or updating the process for improvement no matter how much talk or money is spent to do so. Its all government run-a-round.
If you get a job here, you have to play the game, get in with the right crowd and keep your head low. If you speak out or speak up, you are blacklisted and will never be able to advance.
great pay
Kontra érvek
bad culture, poor management, low moral
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not at all what was expected/promised
Coder (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2018, május 13.
Very slow to get hired and then when hired even slower to get to work. A lot of interpersonal drama in the workplace that is never addressed. Very dirty work environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Learning and productive work enviornment
Health Science Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, május 13.
I enjoy working with Veterans who are in need of support. I find that I have challenged myself to gain a better sense of the social work profession and how to ensure the safety and wellbeing of others in crisis.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I truly enjoyed working there.
Volunteer as 2nd Floor Greeter/Host (Volt alkalmazott) –  Grand Junction, CO2018, május 13.
Very good relationship and deals with the staff of several departments, veterans, and patience. They kept me busy, with numerous things to do or projects, daily helping to restock shelves and needed items to be issued out to patience. Spoke with and directed veterans/patience to their needed destination around the hospital.
Pro érvek
All my skills were used and needed there, my work made me want to come back, I enjoyed the people, I became more physically fit and able to do more things, kept my mind working, and helped me get a regular part-time job.
Kontra érvek
Just the pay and didn't work enough hours, head boss was difficult to satisfy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I thoroughly enjoyed working with veterans
Pharmacy Practice Resident (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dallas, TX2018, május 12.
For the most part, this is a positive workplace, there are always a few lemons. I got great satisfaction helping veterans feel better and increase their quality of health. Most employees are very cooperative and helpful.
positive work culture
location
shipper/packer
Shipper/Packer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Charleston, SC2018, május 12.
I love working in shipping and receiving. Easy to process orders in a timely manner; and ensure veterans have easy access to medications prescribed for them.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Educational
Supervisor, Medical Administrative Services (Volt alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, május 11.
The VA Medical Center is a teaching facility. There is training provided for all employees for every pprofession and position. It is a very diversed community. Fun, relaxed, but at the same time all employees have the same goal in mind; To serve those wo served.
Management has open door policy. The hardest part of the job is find parking with the large number of employees and the ever growing number of veterans seeking care, find a parking space is a job in itself.

The most enjoyable part of the job the to work with the veterans; being to play a part in fulfilling the promise wich was promised to them when taking the oath to serve and protect this county.And that was to be give the oppotunity to receive the best healthcare offered t them.

The staff at the VA Meidcal Center strive to make sure "Our American Heros and given the care and respect the so well deserve.
paid vacation and sick days, thrift Savings Plan
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
8 hour day
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Watertown, NY2018, május 10.
A typical day at work consits of being Responsible for helping patients select the proper corrective eyewear including frame and lenses to suit their professional needs and lifestyle, as well as accommodating for their particular vision correction needs
• Maintain responsibility for taking and recording proper measurements including segment
height, bifocal measurement, pupilary measurements, etc. to ensure patient has the best visual clarity possible. Laughing with the vets and trying to make the best.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Career Opportunities
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jackson, MS2018, május 10.
Opportunities for female employees at the Jackson VA Medical Center are great compared to other agencies in which I've worked. Females are given the opportunities to advance based on their knowledge, skills, abilities and education. Females holds to majority of top job positions at the Jackson VA. When selecting for candidates in top management positions, the decision to hire the gest candidate is not based on race, sex, color, or Military affiliation.
Overtime
Short Staffed
Contracting
Contracting Officer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wilmington, DE2018, május 10.
My job is very important to me. I feel like work for the Veterans is a fulfilling position that I have performed in my career. Working at the VA I received more training that anyone could ever want. It is important to get all the education you need to advance in your career. My previous Supervisor helped me get to where I am in my career and without his knowledge and pushing his experience I would not be where I am today. There is no hard part to my job, I always make sure I complete all my obligations.
Matching 401K
great place to work
Network Provider Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Albuquerque, NM2018, május 10.
nice place to work. culture of working with veterans is a great atmosphere. typical work day includes negotiating contracts and direct interaction with providers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Medical Support Assistant, ED (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Richmond, VA2018, május 10.
I have been employed with the Department of Veterans Affairs for 30 + years. I really enjoy working with the Veterans, and their families, ensuring that they are receiving all that they are entitled to administratively. Conversing with the veterans and listening to some of their stories. I worked in the Emergency Department for 12 + years. I think the hardest part was shift rotation.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Short lunch
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van