Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work but stressful
Medical Administrative Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Columbia, SC2018, február 10.
Overall love the job but experience challenges with management at times . Great experience with VA and love serving the Veterabs and their families. A good company to work for and learn a lot .
Making new friends
Supply Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  East Orange, NJ2018, február 10.
I enjoy working at the VA I met a lot of wonderful people and who has since became friends. I am a veteran so I felt right at home with other veterans
Learning new skills
bad management
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Baltimore, MD2018, február 10.
learned a lot but it was an awesome place to work helping others keep a kind smile and attitude the hardest part was the employees but i just ignored them and focused on my customers
Terrible culture, incredible mission
Office of Inspector General (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Washington D.C.2018, február 9.
The mission of the organization is an amazing one. But in the VA, I have met both some of the best people I have encountered in life, and some of the worst. The culture is one that fosters gossip, infighting and a lack of teamwork. Yet, the scope and breadth of the impact you can have on the Department of Veterans Affairs and veterans' lives, is amazing.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Stable employment
Readjustment Counseling Therapist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Naples, FL2018, február 9.
Good place to work. Social workers tend to make more than local economy offers. Management has been good. Benefits are great. Pension and match contributions Thrift Savings Plan.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Some co-workers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unionized with little chance to advance
Clinical Staff Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Erie, PA2018, február 9.
Government facility with a culture that appeared to promote on whether one was liked or popular. Union hospital with seniority enforced. I was unable to take vacation with my children during the summer or Christmas school break. No support from upper management for middle management.
Excellent retirement opportunities
Kontra érvek
Minimal support for growth, pigeon-holing culture
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Many good co workers, worked hard all the time, many times no lunch, never said not in my job description
Primary Care Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bedford, NH2018, február 9.
Very bad management. people are never fired,alot of nepotism and alot of dead wood. You can work very hard and still no respect. Loved the Va when I first went there but over time it has all changed-for the bad. There was no respect and left there feeling, very bad about myself-not respected at all
Pro érvek
Money is good so is benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not the job for a person starting in law enforcemnet
Police Officer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Decatur, GA2018, február 9.
Some days are slow pace, and other it can get fast pace. Good co-workers to work with. Management is not bad. No overtime, Promotions dose not come up very offer.
Good co-workers
Kontra érvek
Under paid for federal law enforcement agency. No overtime.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Job Security
Lead Medical Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2018, február 9.
The one thing about working for the Federal Government that everyone comes here for is Job Security.

However, the ceiling for advancement is VERY LOW... The hiring process is extremely slow and tedious. Advancement is based on answering questions not merit.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
good job
IT Intern (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, február 8.
the management just was not the type of people I wanted to work for. The team members are great, we always worked as a team to get the project done before its dead line.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Great organization
Claims Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Salem, NC2018, február 8.
I loved it.. i was therr 5 years. Lesrnef alit. They have lots of growth potential, snd the people are awesome. I had persomal issues and hsd to resign otjerwise i wouldvstill b yhrtr
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Love my co-workers
Program Support Assistant (PSA), Purchase Care (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jackson, MS 392162018, február 8.
Enjoyed working for this this agency working with the veterans. I felt needed. Made sure the veterans were taken care off in a timely manner because most of the care I assisted with was for citizen seniors.
days off
short staffed
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Challenging and Progressive Work Environment
Enterprise Service Desk Technical Trainer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Remote2018, február 7.
A new process or strategy every week.
Countless applications and immeasurable opportunities.
An incredible team that over-delivers every time.
A reason to wake up each day and improve the lives of others.
Infinite possibilities
Contracts end
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Enjoyable Medical envirnoment
Nursing Assistant/Medical Support (Volt alkalmazott) –  Birmingham, AL2018, február 7.
I enjoyed working for the Department of Veteran Affairs. If you are a nursing student or work in human resources this a great place to start and advance in your career. I started out as a Nursing Assistant and was promoted to a Medical Support Assistant. It is hard work, stressful at times and its not always the patients that brings on that emotion. The patients can be very hands on if your an attractive female but still the job security, teamwork, work atmosphere, is enjoyable!!!!!! I'm checking the va careers website often so that I may return to a Nursing Assistant position and pursue my educational goals to advance in my career. Go for it, its worth your time and attention!!! Good Luck!
Work Atmosphere, Compensation, Teamwork, Advancement potential
Kontra érvek
Veterans can be inappropriate, In mature nursing staff
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 2Jelentés
I was a student
Fellowship for Rehabilitation Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Little Rock, AR2018, február 7.
I was accepted into a Fellowship Program. I worked with Veterans who were recovering from various addictions. It was a very good experience and I enjoyed my colleagues.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
housekeeping
Housekeeping aid Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Syracuse, NY2018, február 7.
my job as manager, and working with my 32 housekeepers was enjoying, it was the new managers, and there not knowing the department or willing to listen was why i retired.
Pro érvek
working day to day with a great staff
Kontra érvek
seeing the new management destroy the work force
Department of Veterans Affairs
Field Examiner (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Louisville, KY2018, február 6.
If you want to help those who have sacrificed for what we take for granted, then join the VA.

As a Field Examiner you will:

Evaluate psychiatric and/or court determinations of incompetence by means of field investigations in order to arrive at independent determinations as to whether or not adult VA beneficiaries have the mental capacity to handle their own funds.

Perform on-site fact-finding to ascertain the total of a beneficiary's income, assets and obligations by inspecting the environmental setting and assessing the social, economic and industrial adjustment.

Develop information through observation, analysis of records, personal interviews and depositions of beneficiaries, their relatives, and/or disinterested witnesses in the community.

Verify evidence to establish accuracy and authenticity. In the case of a minor beneficiary, verifies or determines the existence, identity, and custody of the minor.

When a fiduciary is required, determines the most effective, practical and/or economical pay arrangement based on the beneficiary's situation.
Pro érvek
Meet real heros in person
Kontra érvek
May have to work above and beyond normal hours to help veterans.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Productive and Fulfilling job serving the Veterans of our nation
STAFF NURSE IN FEE BASIS (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bonham, Texas2018, február 6.
I work at the greatest place and for the best and most deserving people on this earth, Veterans! I have been employed by the VA for more than 27 years and have loved most of my time there. I have the privilege of caring for those that have born the burden and their families and truly believe in what I do.
Pro érvek
great hours, wonderful patients and coworkers, and pension plan that you cannot get anywhere else.
Kontra érvek
Occassionally dangerous due to Veterans with mental illness.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Great place for advancement
HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Milwaukee, WI2018, február 6.
Great benefits
flexible scheduling
great communications
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 3Jelentés
High Stress
Student Work Study (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint Paul, MN2018, február 6.
A lot of people were wonderful that I would highly recommend working with given the chance. However there are an overwhelming number of individuals with PTSD from wartime experience that made working within the VA very difficult. I, personally felt like I was walking on eggshells near every day which made it difficult to be excited about going about my task of helping Vets. I am sorry to say as a Veteran that this was not a culture I could recommend for everyone. However, my experience was unique, in that it was so one-sided. One should not have to guess if the person you are sitting next to has a thing about chewing gum and it may or may not cause this individual to have a negative if not violent reaction.
Pro érvek
Great 401K match, training.
Kontra érvek
Health benefits were very expensive, extremely poor middle management, unnecessary meetings
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés