Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 615 értékelés megmutatása
Bad management
Human Resource Generalist/Recruiter (Volt alkalmazott) –  Milwaukee, WI2018, február 21.
The management staff at VA in Milwaukee is very bad. I would not recommend anyone to work here. They are very unfair toward staff and definitely minorities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
comments
Phlebotomis/Nurse support (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, február 21.
its very different from my others employers.
not enough salary paid.
no team work.
supervisor is not fair with all employees.
excellent benefits
approve of vacation/sick leave
pay vacctions/sick leave
not a any team work.
Great learning experience
Secretary (Volt alkalmazott) –  Marrero, LA2018, február 21.
Working at the Department of Veteran Affairs was a great learning experience. The environment is friendly and their is a since of community. It's also very fulfilling to be able to help and assist the veterans.
Typical Day
Contact Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, február 21.
Answer and complete veterans request. The 2nd shift management staff are all nice and very approachable. As long as you are there to do your job and meet your daily quota you will not be bothered.
Great mission.
Executive Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, február 20.
Great mission. Challenging political environment. Many wonderful staff trying to do well in an environment that is heavily focused on accountability and less so on engagement.
work study
Work Study Student.(volunteer) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Delaware2018, február 20.
It was okay while studying not a regular job was doing more of a volunteer work.
I was tasked by doing filing and customer service work.
It enabled me to learn alot about Veteran Affairs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
For most part was nice job and good environment
EMC Resident Engineer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Silver Spring, MD2018, február 20.
Typical day was mainly covering core responsibilities for assigned job duties & participating in meetings and discussions relative to job function as an SME.
Very good
Program Assistant, Federal Government (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  1 Archives drive, room 1022018, február 20.
The Department of Veteran Affairs was very professional as to evaluate to see if each candidate meet the qualification to assist veterans with their claims
Pro érvek
Paid holidays and sick leave
lack of resources
great benefits
Registered nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2018, február 20.
A great place to work simply because it allows me to give back to my nation's hero's. Otherwise, management is difficult to work with. They refuse to allow you advancement within the company. Personally, they made it very impossible for me to work and go to school, therefore forcing me to quit, losing 10 years of seniority in this company.
the mission
Kontra érvek
management, no ability for advancement
Fast paced and competitive
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kingman, AZ2018, február 19.
Overall, learned useful skills for future references. Enjoyed working with both staff and patients in the facility. My future goal is to return to the Department of Veterans Affairs as a Social Worker, given the opportunity.
Good Job
Federal Police Officer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL 331252018, február 19.
Great job If you want to be a VA Police Officer.High standards multiple weapon qualification to maintain every 90 days.

I am studying to be a Social Worker. I would like to use both job experiences.
Pro érvek
Graet pay and medical coverage.
No advancement.
Work place
Program Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Columbia, SC2018, február 19.
Work with various government applications in a professional environment. Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a great work environment.
Chance to move forward
Reasonable Accommodation
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like my job working with veterans and helping veterans too
Housekeeping Aid (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Salem, VA2018, február 18.
My job is to make and keep the facility clean in many areas and to assist any veteran in any way I can. When I get older I want to be treated in the same nice way I treat them. I like my job.
Pro érvek
Do a good joj and do it right the first time.
There are no Cons.
Excellent place to work
Social Services Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, február 16.
I am a Veteran and have family members who are veteran's I have been with the Department of Veterans Affairs for over five years. I have worked at various locations and held several job titles thought out my time. It's a wonderful place to work if you are seeking job security and its very competitive when seeking advancement opportunities. My very first supervisor told me to always remember that when the government shuts down that we serve the Veterans and we are essential personal and will all ways have to report to work. I have worked on amazing teams, with excellent supervisors, co-workers; clinical, providers, and upper management.
My favorite clinic I would have to say, was the Jacksonville OPC and of course the Red Team Primary Care. I currently work at the Veteran's Crisis Line and well it can be very challenging but the most rewarding part of my typical work day is when I am able to locate and save a veterans or civilian life who is in crisis. Anyone who knows me I am always trying to recruit people that I know is looking for and seeking employment. Every organizations has its issues and challenges, however what sets the VA apart from other Agencies is that it is always striving toward Excellence. As its just one of the five Core Values.

Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, and Excellence. The core values define “who we are,” our culture, and how we care for Veterans and eligible beneficiaries
Pro érvek
relocations opportunites; job security; excellent benefits
Kontra érvek
very competitives difficult to advance unless you are willing to relocate
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Na
Contracting Officer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Greenwood Village, CO2018, február 16.
Challenging job with a great mission. Always learning something new and developing new acquisition strategies. Great team atmosphere that includes multiple team building events every year.
Great Environment
Medical Support Assistant - Contract (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2018, február 16.
I enjoyed my time at the Department of Veteran Affairs. I was treated very well as an employee and it was wonderful to be able to work for the Veterans.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Department to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, február 16.
I had a wonderful time working for the Dept. of Vet Affairs. I went to the VA after a promotion with the National Institutes of Health. If afforded the opportunity, I'd go back in a heart beat.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive work environment, intellectually challenging, enjoyed working with professional colleagues and being part of a team.
Full Time, 40+ hrs/wk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boston, MA2018, február 15.
I enjoyed working at the VA and treating the patients with substance abuse issues and PTSD. I valued being part of multidisciplinary teams and supervising interns. I found it very rewarding to work with the disenfranchised patients who devoted so much to our country. I had many opportunities to engage in many professional responsibilities that only added to my growth as a psychologist, including evaluations for patients seeking service connected disabilities. There were many opportunities to be involved in professional conferences and presentations. The VA had many research interests and the richness of conversation and opportunities for learning were unending.
Pro érvek
Diverse clinical opportunities; professional development; opportunities for clinical growth
Kontra érvek
My expertise was clinical, this particular VA was more research oriented; career advancement for me was limited.
Excellent place to work
Graduate Intern (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pensacola, FL2018, február 15.
I have nothing negative to say about working for the VA. We have so many veterans returning home from deployment in need of services, and not enough employees to meet the demand.
Government work environment
Program Specialist GS9 (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, február 15.
A fast paced work environment. You will be required to work outside of your job description. Veterans will receive preference points once a DD214 is submitted.

Átfogó minősítés