Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 4 470 értékelés megmutatása
Review
Medical Support Assistant (MSA) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Neuropsychology and Memory Clinic2018, szeptember 20.
It's a great place for benefits and career if your trying to have a stable place to work. We do need to hire more staff because work load is stressful at time for employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a great place to work
Voucher Examiner (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denver, CO2018, szeptember 20.
My job was pretty easy. A lot of office politics are played since it is an office environment. I stayed away from that and just did my job and went home.
Fast paced, diffrent routine
Unit Manager/ Administrator I (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, szeptember 19.
• Overall service delivery of the office, internal process management and company policy adherence.
• Collect, count, and disburse money (when in Travel Dept.)
• Coordination of onsite surveys, corrections action plan and compliance strategies.
• Collaboration with senior leaders in developing and implementing department changes to comply with regulations and standards.
• Resolve customer complaints and answer patient questions regarding policies and procedures.
• Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages as needed.
Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
Operate photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and computers.
Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
Maintain and update filing, inventory, and mailing and database systems. Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic surgeries as needed.
Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff. Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms as needed.
Receive and route messages and documents such as laboratory results to appropriate staff.
Compile and record medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
Hire, makes recommendation for hire, and evaluates direct reports.
Records and distributes minutes of Board of Director meetings (as needed)
Ensures
  több... compliance with all safety standards and regulations.  kevesebb
Pro érvek
job stability, different duties every day, etc.
Kontra érvek
the veteran employee ratio was too much and resulted on poor and slow service
Munkahelyi kultúra
The VA is a place where your career goes to die
Systems Administrator (Contract) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hines, IL2018, szeptember 19.
Life for a contractor is different than a tenured government employee. That being said - the individual at the VA isn't really important. This place is full of glad handlers, suck-ups and brown nosing foreigners. I was shocked to learn that this place was like the United Nations in terms of ethnic backgrounds. It was almost to a fault that there is an unusually large population of minorities that work at the VA.

Management is wholly inadequate in terms of vision, talent and leadership. Most of the directors and assistant directors are not even seen. I worked for systems in the IT department, which houses full blown losers that have to sell themselves into this situation due to lack of opportunities in the job market. The software is ancient. The techniques used are laughable. There is however a strict cache of policy and procedure rule to follow and document. The only saving grace is working on enterprise wide networks but most of it won't help your skills nor advance your career.
Stability
Kontra érvek
Pay, benefits, ancient technology, too ethnic, management must be on Zoloft
Great Benefits
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hines, IL2018, szeptember 19.
Great benefits
Good pay
Love working with the veterans
Able to combine my administrative knowledge with my clinical knowledge
Weekends off
Holidays off
Could Be a Better Place
CAREGIVER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Battle Creek, MI2018, szeptember 19.
Although I don't work inside the building, I have grown to learn how bureaucratic this place can truly be. Trying to coordinate care for a veteran, even if it is just with their doctor is like pulling teeth. The time it takes for nurses and doctors to respond to urgent matters is alarming and it leaves you to take it upon yourself to get pushy with other employees to care enough to do their jobs. I enjoy helping veterans, but the VA is a great example of a place that deters people from trying to or wanting to.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive place to work. Opportunities for advancement available.
Program Support Assistant GS-6 (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, szeptember 19.
Enjoyed time spent working for the Department of Veteran Affairs. The work culture could be tremendously improved. Some employees are not qualified for the positions they hold and demonstrate poor attitudes towards the patients they serve.
Pro érvek
With the right attitude a person can succeed at the VA
Kontra érvek
There are unqualified employees there
relaxed environment
intern college (Volt alkalmazott) –  Albuquerque, NM2018, szeptember 19.
It was a really good place to work but I found my preference was for independence. Nice atmosphere but every one is not made for office jobs. Good work mates though.
Pro érvek
nice people and you knew you were doing something good
Office environment I felt caged
Excellent Job Opportunity
Security Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dayton, OH 454282018, szeptember 19.
I love working at the VA Medical Center. Excellent growth opportunity and retirement plan. I now understand why it was so hard to get a job there. Everyone is so friendly.
Relaxed, but Stressful
Claims Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Petersburg, FL2018, szeptember 18.
This is a federal job, which provides many benefits, to include paid annual & sick leave, and retirement. With that, comes much stress! The job to be performed is too much for the time, points, & other factors.
Flexible and Collaborative Internship
Writing and Editing Intern (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Gaithersburg, MD2018, szeptember 17.
I participated in a digital internship to develop web content for the Veteran Affair's blog. This included research, writing, graphic design, and editing. Very flexible as I could work from anywhere, and the platforms they used for staying in contact were manageable. Learned how to be in constant contact with other interns and supervisors. Culture of the workplace was generally relaxed and friendly. The hardest part of the job was getting the hang of the communication platforms, and the most enjoyable part is by far the ability to work remotely from anywhere.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Production and Quality are very important factors
Data Entry Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2018, szeptember 17.
Must do a minimum of 150 claims per shift . It is easy to meet production when the claims are nice and neat and easy to ready , the leads are very nice people.
Relaxed work environment
Kontra érvek
Hard to meet production at times when the claims are messy
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Great for job security
Advanced Medical Support Assistant-Registration (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2018, szeptember 17.
There is a lot to learn both from the employees and the veterans. Also it is a pleasure being able to provide services to veterans. The work culture is exciting.
Discounts
health benefits
Working for the Federal Government does not provide extra frills
Senior IRB Analyst (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Milwaukee, WI2018, szeptember 17.
The Department of VA is a great place to work if you are one for structure with less planning required to do your job. There is a standard within the research field that is followed by all VA facilities, therefore making work within certain guidelines an easier approach to accomplishing goals.
job security
short breaks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Veterans
Student Clinician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint Albans, NY2018, szeptember 16.
I truly enjoyed my time spent at the VA. My entire life, I've known my true passion is to work with the United States Veterans. I was born into a military family, and take this population to heart.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Low moral
Personal (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Personal2018, szeptember 16.
Poor management which affects the moral of the good employees. Advancement doesn’t happen unless you know someone and unless you get close to you supervisor, you may not get a good recommendation to move to another area.
End of shift
No management support
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
great work environment
Patient Service Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, szeptember 14.
excellent job is the ideal job to jump start your career in Healthcare administration. very fast paced work environment and super competitive stations.
wonderful job
short breaks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work is wonderful, needs better management from mid-level up.
Supervisory Veterans Service Representataive (Volt alkalmazott) –  Winston-Salem, NC2018, szeptember 13.
Mid to upper level management is mostly made up of non-prior military who do not understand the culture and problems of the customers they serve. The non-management workers are awesome.
Pay and leave, telework
Micro management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start out.
Medical Supply Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2018, szeptember 12.
Good Hospital, only needing my Doctors and Nurses. Training Hospital. Great system of running the SPD area. I got all of my training from the VA. Work together.
Holidays, Bonuses
Some bad Supervisors
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Unsatisfactory experience
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Syracuse, NY2018, szeptember 12.
Absolutely no communication. No opportunity for advancement. Employee grievances are not followed up on. Respiratory department is perpetually understaffed. No clerical support for outpatient clinics.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van