Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 930 értékelés megmutatása
Love Working for Veterans
Program Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, május 26.
The sole reason I took the job at the VA is to help fellow veterans. My management wanted me to post 56 hours of AWOL for a staff member even though he called in and I could not consciously do that. My supervisor was off that day but I still got written up for not doing what I was told to do. The particular staff member went to our LMR Department and the department was told they could not do that because staff member had called in. I couldn't continue to work for those type of people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is what you make of it.
Food Service Worker Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Gainesville, FL2018, május 26.
Good job, but extremely poor management and ridiculous union agreement that rewards poor performers and makes it virtually impossible to discipline them.
Government job.
Kontra érvek
Lackluster "comfortable behavior", lazy employees, poor upper management
Nice
Veterans Service Representative, GS (Volt alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, május 26.
Awesome place to work, very veteran friendly. Awesome supervisors, awesome co-workers, nice environment. The Director is awesome, she cares very much for her employees.
Bad work envirome t
Security Officer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Erie PA2018, május 26.
Working for the Department of military and Veterans Affairs DMV a is it cuts code operation the turnover of Staff members is phenomenal nurses cna's mngment security it is a very Stern working Style erment and not a fair one I would not recommend this place to anybody that wants to have a long career or a fulfilling
Leave time
Lot of backstabbing
My Review
Nutrition Food Service Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sheridan, WY2018, május 25.
Working for VA was great except in the winter time; I had no vehicle and had to walk to work in subzero temperatures. The workplace culture for the most part was great; however, there were those in supervision that still believed in the old 'who you know' and caused some workplace friction rather frequently.
Pro érvek
help veterans re-enter the work force after being unworkable
Kontra érvek
short breaks and not many if shorthanded and/or busy
Fullfilling
Realty Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, május 25.
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs is a fulfilling experience. Veterans and Active Duty Service personnel sacrifice for our country. We owe it to them to support them.
Walking on broken glass
Configuration Analyst (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2018, május 24.
Worked with a very strong, intelligent team. Everyone had a lot of talent and information to provide and lend to the team. However, not sure if this was due to culture, however I felt that I was not allowed to share my knowledge with my team. Manager would seem fine one day, then make me feel like my job was at jeopardy the next. Never felt secure in my role and felt that trying to think out of the box or try new things with my job was always something they do not promote. Would never want to work for the VA again and would not recommend anyone else to do so either.
Benefits, hours
Kontra érvek
Work Culture, having to work with bitter employees
Love working at the VA
Home-Based Primary Care Occupational Therapist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Salem, OR2018, május 24.
HBPC was the most fullfilling Occupational Therapy position I’ve ever held. I was allowed to provide excellent care and endless access to equipment for our veterans.
Great team
Large caseload
Absolute nightmare.
Rating Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Milwaukee, WI2018, május 23.
Unless you are masochistic, do not accept employment at the VA. The pay is great - but NOT worth the stress. You will be berated if you work too slow - which about 90% of the population does. Awful place to work.
Lacks Professional Management
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (GS-6) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Asheville, NC 288052018, május 23.
Lots of nepotism within the VA system. Poor management, can go weeks without seeing or hearing from a supervisor. Physicians greatly hinder clinic patient flow. HIPPA violations are rampant. Difficult to move up even with an undergrad and while working on a master's degree. Too many family members working at the same facility. Pay isn't balanced with workload.
Health Benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job but very poor management
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2018, május 23.
Working at the VA as an MSA was an honor to serve the veterans. It's typically self-paced and self structured job where you schedule appointments and/or check in-out veterans.

HAS is a terrible service to work for though. Management will bully and retaliate when given the chance.
great benefits
bad management
Don't
Customer Service Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denver, CO2018, május 22.
Non-Veteran employees are taken advantage of, and are held back due to illegal actions of the VA. Job Offers are not followed through with because the staff is not competent enough to have researched what programs they are offering the jobs through.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Dispatching
DISPATCHER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Riviera Beach, FL2018, május 22.
The job is fast paced depending on the day. But you work dealing with customer service and making sure that the veterans are cared for. Have to fill out daily journals and look up information on DAVID/NCIC. Must be able to handle stressful situations can be very busy at times. Monitor security, panic alarms, and CCTV. Will be working shifts, overtime and in emergency situations.
Days off
Breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Advanced Medical Assistant, GS (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Newington, CT 061112018, május 22.
I love working at my Job helping the veterans, navigate through the system, that can be very confusing.

I have learned how to train staff and is the vice president of the union, and also help run the primary care clinics.
Pro érvek
Learn alot and help veterans
Promotions is selected
na
Work Study Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2018, május 22.
This is just a temporary position . just an affiliate.not a va employee. work is mediocre. no complaints on my behalf.I have nothing further to say about it
nothing
nothing
productive and fun place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Decatur, GA2018, május 22.
a steady pace at work and i learned that all veterans matter and i love taking care of the veterans. Im a supervisor so i am skilled and i learn new things everyday. The hardest part of the job is hearing what the Veterans are going through. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the Veterans Happy..
free lunch
short lunch breaks
Poor police
Police officer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington City, DC2018, május 21.
Three word describe the VA. Corruption, corruption, and corruption. Police and facikity staff are incompetant. My chief is a bully and jerk. He does not let officers do their jobs. Osle is useless and corrupt as well. Espicially the OSLE officers used to protect the secretary. Nonone knows what they are doing, and are allowed to get away with anything because they run to the right people.
Fresh air
Kontra érvek
Poor management, no quality leadership
Its ok
Senior Nuclear Technologist, Oklahoma City (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oklahoma City, OK2018, május 21.
Hard to get promoted. I like working with the Veterans and some of the employees. It is like any other job some people work some do not! I like the federal holiday and the insurance.
Not a good Department
Realty Specialist / Project Manager (PM) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, május 21.
The section of VA in which I worked was very clique, If one was not in the clique then desirable project opportunities and promotions were nor made available
NA
NA
It depends...
Program Support Clerk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Decatur, GA2018, május 21.
The VA is very political and lately it is all about WHO you know and not WHAT you know when it comes to upward mobility. Unfortunately those WHO people have absolutely no business working with veterans.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Disgruntled employees and employers, unaccountabilty (upper managment), no upward mobility
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van