Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 4 580 értékelés megmutatása
Veterans Affairs
Basic Contact Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waco, TX2018, október 17.
My time with the VA was short because I had some medical problems going on at the time and I didn't have enough time off to address the issues so I was only able to work for a couple months before I had to resign.
Very political ran.
Food Service Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dallas, TX2018, október 17.
Human Resources is rigged. They don’t hire qualified individuals for positions. They hire whomever they want including family members. Staff who are not veterans treat the veteran patients badly.
Leave
Politically ran. Human Resources is rigged! Especially at the Dallas VA
Stable
SUPERVISORY BUDGET ANALYST (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, október 17.
Great benefits and stable work environment. I enjoy having the time to spend with my family. The VA also promotes learning. I would work here until I retired if I could.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Phlebotomist (Medical Technician) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Salt Lake City, UT2018, október 16.
Overall a great place to work. Change happens very slow, but if you are looking for a secure job the VA system will provide this. This allows you to focus on your work. Also, you are helping veterans which can be satisfying.
Fast paced and stressful
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Casa Grande, AZ2018, október 16.
Great team, decent management but you are expected to complete so much and not given the resources to complete the task. You are often given the job that should be split into 2 positions. Very stressful and always fast paced. Very fast burn out rate.
Pro érvek
Great benefits, decent pay, weekends off
Stressful, fast paced, expected to do job of 2
Va Review Summary
MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Salt Lake City, UT2018, október 16.
The DVA is a great place to work with many rewarding opportunities to give back to the Veterans who served us. While it can be stressful as a clerk taking the brunt of all complaints and attitude, I still find it rewarding. I love being able to wake up and make a difference in the lives to who gave and sacrificed for us as a nation.

The bad: Poor management: Leadership is willing to listen to issues/concerns, but do not act upon it to help and move forward with progression in those complaints/issues. Understaffed: Working short hours to get a ton of things done on top of clerical duties, with nobody being hired to help share the load and become a team instead of us just becoming individuals and becoming the I in team.

Overall, My experience as a Vet working for the VA has been rewarding and a growing/learning experience shifting from Active duty to civilian lifestyle. Just the bad outweighs the good here unfortunately.
Rewarding
Poor Management / Lack of Progress with changes
Munkahelyi kultúra
poor management but a great place to work with co-workers and benefits
Imaging Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Marion, VA2018, október 16.
management was poor and expected you to do more than your job title. Asked to do things that were immoral and lie about concrete numbers. Job was very fulfilling and co-worker team was great. Management expected more than was reasonable in an 8 hour day. On-call 24/7 with no back up.
co-workers
management
Wow
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jackson, MS2018, október 15.
Pay was low i felt over used for stiff that was not protatining to me bit people whwere htere to help in time of need i ;ove to hate this place it great to be there but i was not enough pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place for veterans to work
Administrative Support Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cape Coral, FL2018, október 15.
A typical day at work was sometimes slow, other times very busy worked with leadership, weekly meetings, clinic scheduling, and offer support to providers.
Pro érvek
Comrade, work with variety of people
Kontra érvek
poor management, lack of accountability
Veterans Health Administration
Audio Visual Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, október 15.
I do not intend to ever work for that organization ever again. The micro-management and multiple meetings per day hindered my work progress. The senior management were more concerned with their own public appearance than to actually help Veterans.
N/A
Culture, mamagement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not enough work to do, would find things to do to keep busy
Medical Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brockton, MA2018, október 14.
I love serving the Veteran's, however my position as a Medical Support Assistant was not very demanding and I am not challenged enough. Would prefer a career where I am constantly learning and kept busy.
Detailed originated
Program Support Assistant- CPAC (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Smyrna, TN2018, október 13.
Must pay close attention to details . Veterans depend on the hard working veterans to ensure the accuracy of their medical accounts. Veterans have given so much to so many.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Awesome people trying to do the best for veterans
LPN/Phlebotomist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cambridge, OH2018, október 13.
It is unfortunate that the media portrays the VA in such a negative way by only reporting part of the story or what may seem bad, just to get ratings. What the VA does well is care for the veteran culture group better than anyone else will ever be able to do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
summary
Nurse Practitioner (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, október 13.
horrible work environment very transactional leadership best part of job working with the veterans needs overhaul very punitive environment this is the entire organization.
lack of leadership
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
OK to work here
Veteran's Affairs, Office of General Counsel (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2018, október 12.
This is an ok place to work. You have to be kind of agile and able to deal with change. This agency is a pawn of politicians at all times, so things are frequently chaotic.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Learning and useful.
Housekeeper Aide (Volt alkalmazott) –  Loma Linda, CA2018, október 12.
Very a Good Place to work, meet new friends. Most of learning more of Life /History. But this is the place I have worked. So far I like it. Sometime hardest part of the job, is driving to work where live I traveled 800 miles round and then when road is closed, I would have to travel a different route to go to it takes a 1/2 - 1 hour longer both work and home. I wish that VA had a Van or Bus transportation service for the workers who live this distance from work. We would be tired, stressed, from traffic going both work/home.
productive and satisfying workplace
Lead Technician (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, október 11.
productive and satisfying workplace with a lack of support from management. Friendly staff to work with and a great place to take care of our veterans
Pro érvek
Get to take care of our veterans that serve our country
Kontra érvek
poor management and not competitive salary
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
My job w/ the VA.
CONTRACT WORKER RDA CHAIR-SIDE ASSISTANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, október 11.
I was hired as a contract work. The Dept of Veteran Affair dissolved my position, or I was told that they no longer wanted as many Dental Assistants in the Dept., so I was let go.
I was paid well.
Kontra érvek
I didn't like my co-worker.
Competive/professional workplace
Police captain (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2018, október 11.
Great working environment working with all sort of people. Our mission in the service was to provide our veterans with a safe and peaceful atmosphere. Great place to work. I retired..
Career advantage
Kontra érvek
Worked weekends on a steady basis
A day at the VA
Medical Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  El Paso, TX2018, október 11.
A typical day at work is managing the environment between the providers and patients. I have learned that most of the management lack personal skills when it comes to team building and individual assessments. There seems to be a high impact of favoritism between employees. The hardest part of the job is dealing and handling patient care especially when they become disruptive. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van