Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 4 107 értékelés megmutatása
very unorganized, poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Salisbury, NC2018, július 17.
I worked at the Veteran Home for 7 months, the employees was very friendly.. the management is HORRIBLE.. it’s your word against everyone, don’t care about the employees especially cna’s.
Working with the veterans
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice place to work takes a long time for a position to open
Intern (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Winston-Salem, NC2018, július 17.
I am interning here in a finance department. Coworkers are really helpful and great at training. Flexible on work hours and telecommuting is an option once your full time. The bad part is it can take months for a position to open up and the application process is long and tedious
Munkahelyi kultúra
Healthcare for Homeless Veterans Case Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wilmington, DE2018, július 17.
Each day something was learned to assist veterans on a daily basis. This was informative and refreshing from not dealing with the same problem for each veteran.
Gratifying Work Helping Veterans
Pharmacy Customer Care Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waco, TX2018, július 17.
I enjoyed my job at the VA, since I was constantly helping Veterans with their questions, and helping them get what medications they needed. Interacting with them occasionally was really good, being a Veteran myself.
Time Off and Holidays
Kontra érvek
Some Management was difficult but not that bad
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very productive and kept busy with work
Motor Vehicle Operator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Martinez, CA2018, július 17.
Work all day from driving vehicles and maintenance various vehicles. I learned to operate various vehicles from 9 to 44 passengers buses. Everyone worked in harmony and respectful.
Good benefits
Limited promotion
communication
System Administrator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Great Lakes, IL2018, július 17.
Lack of communication between departments. Bureaucratic environment makes tasks incredibly hard to get accomplished in a timely manner. Issues that are brought up are not addressed fully.
Best job I've had
Office Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, július 17.
I miss the stability in working for the government felt like. especially that division, helping a cause that meant a lot to the well being of people period.
People/Staff members, benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
nice place to work and help our veterans
Patient Experienced Liaison (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cleveland, OH 441062018, július 16.
good retirement if you plan on staying for a while. some vets can be a hand full but its the challenge we have to face and to overcome daily. so with that being said its a great place to work.
good retirement
management needs work
Stressful environment
Voucher Examiner (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hines, IL2018, július 16.
- Dealing with angry veterans and explaining to them what are their benefits about the department.
- Supervision is minimal, we have to figure out everything as we go on.
Pro érvek
Helping Veterans about their medical bills
Dealing with angry veterans
Miserable place to work
RN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Martinsburg, WV2018, július 16.
Terrible middle and senior management. Uptight nurses and managers engaging in childish bullying behavior which drives out great nurses and leaves incompetence in their place. There are certainly great staff at the VA caring for our nations veterans, but it was not my experience. If you are an RN, lay low and try not to say anything to anyone for 2 years.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
bullying
Phoenix VA
Social Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, július 15.
Good opportunity to earn your LCSW. Sadly advancement is given to those that do not go against the grain. They do not have fair advancement practices and move "young" unqualified people into management positions without offering to interview others. You can advance if you are well liked, has nothing to do if you are qualified.
Great peers
Management is corrupt
Workplace culture
Supply Technician (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Salisbury, NC 281442018, július 15.
Nothing much to say about this organization. it would take too long. It would not be fair to my fellow Veterans to talk bad about this organization. Hope things will change for them
Nothing.
Kontra érvek
A two year probation period is crazy.
Challenging and rewardin
Strategic Planner (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  VA Loma Linda2018, július 15.
Honored to serve those that served in each of the branches of the Department of Defense and seeing how each Veteran worked through their service and what specific issue they now life with as a result of service connected health issues.
Learning new skills in dealing with Veteran Issues
Can be emotionally challenging
You decide
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denver, CO2018, július 14.
Disabled veterans are criticized for medical appt, and have to sign up for fmla even though the appt is a VA facility, and have 3 times of appt then a healthy person. Sr management is more concerned about numbers then quality of services. Changes to software and operating systems are constant, and causes slower operating speeds and work stoppage. New systems does not live up to what was promised to us, which was a waste of money. When we talk about employees can't do their job, it's really about not enough training. Take surveys and have meetings on what to do to improve, and nothing is ever done. Average handle times have never been recalculated for 7 years, even though master agreement state that any changes have to do a new study and update the evaluation process. The evaluation for performance and average handle time is on different matrix. Sr management don't want to do the required work to terminate someone and crates new policies in stead.
Pro érvek
It's working for the government
High turn over rate
Awful Atmosphere/Compenstation
Technical Client Analyst (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2018, július 13.
This place was like a high school. Drama, tons of people that had been there forever and were incompetent and allowed to do whatever they wanted. Very non HR friendly atmosphere
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Good to work for.
Student Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bakersfield, CA2018, július 12.
Great job for veterans and a good environment for students at Bakersfield College. They work around your class schedule and make working as a work study easy.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Workplace is what you make of it
Medical Support Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  El Paso, TX2018, július 12.
Typical eight hour workday doing patient administrative duties. Great opportunity to be able to serve others and meet the needs of all patients assigned.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Great place to work.
Medical Support Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ann Arbor, MI2018, július 12.
Enjoyed working and serving our veterans who gave so much toward the security and freedom of our great nation. Learned a great deal about the veterans.
Pro érvek
Overall, a good place to work.
Inadequate compensation
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Stable employment
National Committee-person Waiver and Compromises (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, július 12.
If your are looking for a stable job, decent pay and training, this is the place for you. Your flexibility is paramount. Your work day is stressful but you are compensated well. Management is approachable and honest when they can be. My work group is extremely hard working, open-minded, eager to learn, and is very dedicated. I definitely learned how to be myself and appreciate diverse points of view.
Pro érvek
Good place to put in roots
advancement opportunity
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working with a since of group effort on a daily basis.
Information Security Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hines, IL 601412018, július 12.
It was an enjoyable place to work but decided to relocate out of state but every where I worked within the department was enjoyable and I have good memories of working there.
Pro érvek
lunch period tine was somewhat arbitrary.
Kontra érvek
the job tasks could get a little boring.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van