Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 377 értékelés megmutatása
program management
Program Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2017, december 15.
this was an environment that was completely toxic and I had to move on to satisfy my goals and desire to place myself in a position for growth and progression.
working with other veterans
poor manangement
Really low ceiling
VA Home Loan Guaranty Service - Program Analyst (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2017, december 15.
Joined the VA because I thought I could help other veterans. Found out that the culture doesn't really let that happen. Senior leadership has their own ideas because they have to please the leaders down the street at the WH. So instead of developing the business practices needed to actually help veterans, you end up doing work the dumbest way possible and watching people pushing towards retirement.

Not what I really want to do, so I'm on my way out.
Great people in jobs, great pay when you make 12+
terrible management, terrible tech
Dept of va
Medical Support Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Salisbury, NC2017, december 14.
Working at the hospital was a challenge, but rewarding as well. However, I had to relocate because it was time for me to move out of that situation. Overall, had a great experience.
Pro érvek
paid time, discounts and military veteran benefits
Kontra érvek
pay did not match work load
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2017, december 13.
Many opportunities to advance with time. Ability to relocate as well. Nothing else to tell you. If interested look for jobs on USAjobs.Gov. Never regretted working here.
Place is a mess
Incident Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Arlington, TX2017, december 11.
The contractor tried to save money by cutting back on the work force and the VA admins let them do it until you were no longer able to support the volume and sla requirements.
Good Culture
Supervisory Program Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Minneapolis, MN 554172017, december 11.
The VA works to take care of it's customers and employees. It strives to provide top tier health care to our nation's veterans. As an employee I have felt valued during my time at the VA.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Professional interesting place to work
Housekeeping Aide (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Baltimore, MD2017, december 10.
The Federal Government is one of the best jobs in the world. This job can be all you want it to be, especially when it comes to planning a healthy retirement.
Pro érvek
The people are Professionals, and take pride, in taking care of the Veterans we serve, everyday 24 hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Could be a better place to work and grow
Material Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Loma Linda, CA 923572017, december 9.
Could be a better place to work and grow: People that work their butt off, taking the initiative to fill in the gaps where the need is greater, the dedicated and hard worker does not get his recognition when due, he is not appreciated, he is more so overlooked and taken advantage of. Meaning that Management is impartial to experience and background in the field. A lack of leadership. The staff that are in place do not have the experience to take the department to the next level. Not enough participation in implementing a true training turnover, conducive to new hires and constant refresher training on a regular basis.
no further comment
no further comment
Stressful being Employee and Vet
Telephone Advice Program (TAPS) Operator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbia, SC2017, december 9.
Conflict of interest at times being a veteran and an employee. Tough to decide weather to stick to the script or tell the truth. Other than that it was a great experience.
Clinical Rotation at the VA
STUDENT NURSE (Volt alkalmazott) –  Louisville, KY2017, december 8.
I enjoyed my clinical rotation at the VA. Staff is eager to help and answer any questions. They are enthusiastic about educating patients as well as staff. The most enjoyable part of my time at the VA was working with the patients.
productive
Non Rating Team Coach (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, december 8.
A cause that is deserving for the veterans that served these United States and the sacrifice the families made while doing so. it is a company that is well diverse and critical to the well being of our nations veterans.
serving those who served
red tape
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Veterans Service Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fredericksburg, VA2017, december 7.
Its a good place for getting started, definitely is what you make of it,. Sometimes you'll be drained from the work load and the clients. however if you work hard you can move up
We work for the Veteran
not answered (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Anchorage, AK 995032017, december 7.
Helping Veterans is our main concern. We strive to meet the Veteran where they are. We work together to ensure we do our best for each Veteran we see.
Helping people
Easy to get burned out
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Serving our veterans and their families
PEER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bedford, MA2017, december 7.
I feel the Department of Veterans Affairs Hospital in Bedford Massachusetts does a excellent job at serving our veterans and their family needs. We have a high priority of putting our veterans first. We have a no closed-door policy which allows veterans to get service at any department they enter.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hardest part of the job...
Advanced Medical Support Assistant GS (Volt alkalmazott) –  La Jolla, CA2017, december 6.
The distance and the parking were the only hardest parts of the position. I enjoyed my time learning and training at the VA hospital. There were so many kind people I met and would go back if I could.
Benefits, Pay, Job security
Distance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being around and working with retired vets.
Program Supervisor/Athletic Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Jamaica Plain, MA2017, december 6.
I find it very rewarding to work with and around Veterans and retired veterans that have served this country in one form or another. I enjoy the work.
I enjoy what I do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked from Home, great co-workers, lousy management
Business Intelligence Analyst / Report Developer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Long Beach, CA2017, december 6.
Working from home and excellent co-workers was definitely the best thing about the job.

Not having any clear direction or SOPs from management was the worst thing.
Pro érvek
Worked from Home, great co-workers.
Lousy management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job with a sense of purpose.
Health Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Providence, RI2017, december 6.
I enjoyed working for the Department of Veterans Affairs as a way to give back to our nation's veterans. I looked forward to going to work everyday to serve the men and women of the Armed Forces.
Ok place to work
Veterans Educational Claims Examiner (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, december 6.
good for some they keep employees that should be fired It is your typical government workplace some woirk others are there not earning their keep'
Fine VA day
Supply Technician (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2017, december 6.
You can get your job done at flexible time without supervisor looking over your shoulder. There are some slow days and busy days. If our pay matched with private sectors, it would be one of the best employer to work for. Good paid time off depending on years of service.
Pro érvek
Work at your own pace to get your job done (no micromanagement)
Depends on department