Cracker Barrel
3.5 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Cracker Barrel Alkalmazotti bírálat

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 12,520 értékelés megmutatása

Challenging but rewarding

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Cracker Barrel has a strong foundation with a lot of terrific old fashioned morals. They set the bar high and expect a tightly ran ship. You have to take initiative and own your development.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

If you enjoy being treated horribly this is the place for you!

Servers are punished for not selling their expected quota of alcohol and crafted coffee. Management is a joke! They talk about each other to team members and team members about other team members. Favoritism is definitely a factor in what sections and side work each particular server is assigned.

Pro érvek

Some of the people you waited on and worked with

All of it!!!

Ugh

As my title indicates you'll will be saying a lot of that while working. The hours can be long with no breaks, management makes questionable decisions at times, and empty promises for cross training. And don't think cause your schedule says you're out at a certain time does not mean you will. But on the good side the other employees that stick around can help you get through the day, they are some managers are able and more than willing to help out and I have not had a problem with any requests for time off.

Other employees, schedule request

Working short staffed
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

No incentive to stay working there

The communication is terrible. Unfortunately few know how to effectively communicate (especially the managers). You are expected to do quite a bit of work for very little pay. There are so many rules, that it makes the environment exceedingly stressful. The customers can be rude and impatient. You are seldom praised for a job well done, and some employees hide on their phones, and do as little as possible (and get away with it). You have to watch your back because your coworkers (they are not your friends), go to the Managers and snitch.

50% off meals when you work, designated days for 45% off discount

Kontra érvek

No breaks, mandatory holidays with no holiday pay, repulsive employee break area

Stressful and constant

The work is steady and the money you can make on tips is good. You get little to no breaks during your shift and usually you do not get to leave for at least an hour after you are scheduled to be off. There is no consistency with tardiness or misbehavior and a lot of favoritism. The schedule changes weekly and no consistency (one week you could be scheduled for 2 days and the next you could be working every day). Getting time off if something comes up is almost impossible and even when you do get it approved by a manager there is no guarantee that you wont be punished for it. The Restaurant Manager is very abrupt and yells at the workers constantly.

Pro érvek

Discount on purchases, decent money from tips

No breaks, stressful

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

No diversity

I didnt feel a sense of belonging. We were always understaffed and I felt overwhelmed all the time. Would not recommend. I would never go back to that job.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

If you Love Living at Your Job, this is the place for You!

The Company continues to spiral downward in ethics, management training and care for their employees. Hiring managers will often tell candidates anything to get them to accept a position but will then refuse to honor all that was promised. Long term employees are overlooked for reviews and raises while continually expected to be overworked and ignore family and rest. Little work-life balance and low compensation.

35% discount after 30 days in General Store and Restaurant

No breaks. No respect.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The place has gone downhill since i started 3 years ago.

Management does not care about the employees. Hardly any benefits for employees that work under a certain amount of hours. Lack of communication from the management to the employees. My store is under new management and we’re being treated like children and the Gm targets people he wants to be rude to or just doesn’t like. They cut away at half of the people hours with no explanation or care. Overall the place has gone downhill and has become a place i dread coming in to for work.

Kontra érvek

No breaks. Lack of communication. Poor management.

productive fast working job

this job is fun at times but it can get to the point of being too much when others do not care about there jobs. overall a good place to work money wise.

good tips

stressful
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

10 years with company, watched it go downhill. But I’ve seen the potential.

I’ve invested 10yrs of my life to this company and watched my specific store go through a steady decline in quality and respect for their employees and the way they operate. After returning from the pandemic a little over a year ago, I was robbed of my built vacation benefits over technicalities, yet they still kept my Par and had me training immediately. I felt used and confused. When I was hired we all were like family, and now I feel like it’s a free for all, survival game.

Pro érvek

The 35% discount is nice, the $100 gift card for holidays is appreciated, the guests for me have been such a spirit lifter also.

Kontra érvek

Management often disappears if and when you need them, rules are inconsistent and seemingly based on favoritism, I.e job title/assignment/gender.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

As far as serving jobs go, this is a great one for people with little to no experience.

Restaurant is managed properly and runs well. I enjoyed my time there. It is a lot of work but solid money to be made. Customers certainly leave room to be desired.

Cash Tips

Kontra érvek

short breaks pay goes up and down with season
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The management is the best you could ever ask for (in the retail section at least). I've never had a nicer community to work in and for

The manager truly cares about the employees and the company looks out for their people. This is the best place I've worked for in a long long time. I will forever be a patron to this company simply for how wonderful they are to work for.

Pro érvek

Employee discount, great staff, flexible hours

Kontra érvek

Shorter breaks and it's a retail/restaurant job
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Strong company culture, but can't overcome the toxic environment of my location

Work was extremely demanding, the worst parts of retail and restaurant combined. I loved many of the people I worked with, and became attached to many of our regular guests, but at the expense of my health and sanity.

Free meals for managers.

Kontra érvek

Physically and emotionally exhausting.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Comfortable and friendly restaurant work.

As far as restaurant work goes, Cracker Barrel provides a comfortable environment. The guests are typically more mature and the environment is family-friendly, making it a relaxing dining experience both for the customer and the server. The work environment depends very much on your management staff, as a great GM or a few good managers can make or break the restaurant. The company boasts that they care and, in a way, they do.. at least more than other national restaurants. You can expect to get what you give at Cracker Barrel, if you want to enjoy it, you can - if you maintain a negative personality, you'll find a negative environment.

Pro érvek

It's not unusual to make $20+/hr as a server, The restaurant can be a home away from home, Some benefits & vacation pay starting a few months after your hire date.

Kontra érvek

Short breaks? Breaks are almost non-existent as a server, Can be stressful - usually caused when the kitchen gets buried, To-go orders have been overwhelming the restaurant.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great to work with the general public

Very unfair with scheduling. Especially where I had worked there for 8 years lucky if I got one shift a month. Male managers favored young ladies working there.

Great Coworkers

Kontra érvek

Could not talk to Manager about his scheduling felt age was a factor.

It's not too bad

I wish there was ways to get a pay raise from sales or something instead of just every few months getting a par raise. Communication between restaurant and retail sides can be a problem sometimes too. But the people are nice and it isn't a very stressful job

Pro érvek

Friendly staff, not too hard of a job

Kontra érvek

Feeling like you can't advance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

it's a nice place to be. They did have offers to level up but it took years/months to be eligible.

It's one of those jobs where your coworkers are your family, it's a nice place to be, but the pay was REALLY bad and i could not support myself. They did have offers to level up but it took years/months to be able to even be eligible. My manager was a sweetheart and my coworkers were friendly. It was a nice job just not for ME.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Always something that you could work on

People got tired and burned out easy cause they’re aren’t enough good employees to balance out the work and then they all talk about each other in negative derogatory ways. 😶🤯😘

Pro érvek

A lot of discounts and I didn’t have to go hungry

Drama
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good place for money for college

This place is fun to work at. Everyone has a good time. The negative reviews are from people who didn’t want to abide by the way CB operates. Any seasoned server can come in and think they know how to serve, but training at CB is different. Lots of fun when I worked there.

Very family oriented!

I absolutely loved working at Cracker Barrel! I honestly did not want to resign, it hurt me to do so! I felt as though I was abandoning my family. My coworkers were great, we made a great team, I met a lot of great people daily, I could see my real family whenever I wanted in the store! My direct manager was a sweetheart and amazing to work for! She was very understanding, and helpful! There were some managers that were not so great but they had their moments. Overall personally I would say that BARDSTOWN, KY Cracker Barrel is a 9/10!! I love and miss them and if I didn’t have personal issues happening I would most definitely still be there!

Pro érvek

Employee meals 50% off, 35% discount off merchandise for employees and friends/family
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The good things about working at this company is pleasing the customers and helping the company to grow

I really love working at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, but some manager doesn't respect and appreciate there best and loyal workers to the company.

Free drinks

N/a
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Cracker Barrel? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés