Compass Group-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Cook

153 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 994 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
very cheap
First Cook- Primary (Volt alkalmazott) –  Toronto, ON2019, április 5.
billion dollar worldwide company because they are very cheap. they over manage. they have so many managers what is hard to remember who is who. too many chiefs and not enough indians.
nothing
everthing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management makes it not a great place to work
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Richardson, TX2019, március 30.
Working at my location has a low morale. Management has lied to me several times. The expect you to do your job but, they don't fulfill all of their job duties as in raises on time and no performance review as expected. They say they want teamwork but, then get on to someone who does something outside their work done. They do not lead by example.
Pro érvek
No nights or weekends, free lunch
Poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Worst experience
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newark, DE2019, március 14.
The full time hours were 7:00am to 3:00pm. The hourly pay was low. Benefits avail after 90 days, but that would require half of your paycheck EVERY WEEK. I quit on the 91st day after I found out how much it would be. I was there for the benefits, but not to pay it with half of my paycheck.

As soon as you arrived, you were already behind. So much work with so little time. You can’t take a bathroom break, and barely have time for a 30 min lunch. You get discounts on food. Taking out the trash is a hassle... not convenient at all.

At this Newark location, you wash your own dishes. There is no dishwasher to do them. There is limited staff: Chef Manager, grill cook, prep cook, deli cook and cashier. When someone calls out or take off for any reason, it’s horrible. You get a lot of customers all day long, but there isn’t enough time (or maybe staff) to take care of everything properly. This Newark location also has a mouse problem. The higher ups were always setting up traps. Never caught them all.

The cafe itself is very nice. Window view of I-95.

They just didn’t pay you enough for how hard you worked there. Eurest (aka Compass) is very corporate. Recipes to follow. No changes. No creativity. It killed your soul. Even the Chef Manager was stressed daily because of expectation of him. Although, he was very nice.. but you had to know when to leave him alone. The rest of the staff was very friendly to work with, as well as helpful during training. A happy bunch!
Customers
Kontra érvek
Low pay, expensive benefits, large daily work load, limited staff
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11NemJelentés
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Longview, TX2019, március 13.
Be sure you are clear about hours and availability on your application and also in person. The company is good to work for. Typical issues are those common to the food service industry such as: grumpy coworkers, lack of communication, irregular schedule, and occasionally unknown expectations. Overall, I would recommend Compass Group as a work place to friends. Opportunity for advancement is plentiful. After one year, transferring to other locations is available.
Free lunches
Communication breakdowns
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 3Jelentés
3,0
serving
Cashier/Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gray Court, SC2019, március 2.
clock in and prepare food to be cooked and then cook/ clean/ and was the only cashier also. how to cook like a chef. management could have been more involved. people were very raged at times. The hardest part was when I ended up doing everything mostly alone cause others couldn't do team work. The best thing was how much my customers appreciated me and the hard work that I did each day.
Pro érvek
discounted meals and our love to please our customers.
Kontra érvek
i had to be the adult most of the time because they started acting like children.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Manager/Cashier/Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Bay, ON2019, február 25.
Good place to work, weekends off and some what solid hours
management is ... difficult, want you to cut hours all the time, abrasive aggressive emails... not worth the stress.
Bonuses for employees at the holidays is horrible. they dont take individual contribution into consideration and only care about money. worst pay grading and increases I've ever seen.
clientel
management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
5 years have degree in culinary arts wont promote me
cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Santa Clara, CA2019, február 21.
you can study for years and then work for them and they will hire some random person whos never cooked before and put them in charge of you. the chefs think they are god and if you dont agree they will troll you. most chefs are incompetent and only hired cause of nepotism. my manager was amazing but the chefs made it impossible to feel good about a job well done. the guy they promoted could not read or write english and barely speak it, he did not have an education or experience. five years ive been here , what a joke. chefs more concerned about their hair than their manners, professionality, and welfare of their employees.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10Nem 1Jelentés
Bad management
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bellflower community hospital2019, február 15.
I worked at bellflower hospital the manager would go in the office and and close the door and sit around and talk about you or talk about other employees to you talk bad about them he would tell them your personal information regarding your health and share patients information with you which is heppa the hospital is racist I could go on and on
Some good employees
Racism and poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11Nem 2Jelentés
Favoritism is key
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Easton, PA2019, február 3.
The pay is decent if you’re coming from somewhere that you make a minimum wage of $7.50 and get paid $11.50 but when you start moving around and doing everything that other people can’t do they don’t want to pay you for it. It’s a corporate company so “the most they can give is 3%”. Sous chefs are reckless and act like children most the time. It’s high school all over again. I’ve heard many racial comments even though I am white and we are a fairly mixed crew. The people at the bottom work harder then the people on the top, we are the face, pay us right and you’re company will run smoothly.
Pro érvek
Free food, comfortable working environment
Kontra érvek
Long breaks, become complacent, no overtime or they cut your hours, low pay, bad management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 17Nem 1Jelentés
Do not work here
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Irving, TX2019, január 23.
This is the worst company to work for. Management sits in the office doesn't work. They never give you ckeck stubs unless you harass them for it. And they treat you like a number not an employee. I felt like a kid in the principals office the whole time. Run dont walk away from this job.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 13NemJelentés
Stress full
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Minnesota2019, január 9.
Over loaded job with in limited time and never get enough entitled break. Unfair treatment from the managers. They have their favorites. Who are treated fspeacial from the rest of crews. Uneven job assignments.
Pro érvek
Free food and fun coworkers
Kontra érvek
Most rules don’t apply to everybody but always apply to some people
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11Nem 1Jelentés
Great place if you like working 3 people positions getting paid for 1
Cook / Morrison (Volt alkalmazott) –  East Point, GA2019, január 7.
Horrible conditions. Like I stated above great place if you like working 3 people positions getting paid for 1. The bosses are clueless and never available.
Pro érvek
Helps with a couple of bills
To many to name
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 13NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I stayed 10 minutes from home and the seriousness of the manager adjusted my schedule based on my English class
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Schaumburg, IL2018, december 30.
I was evaluated and approved by the company, all very professional be the manager as human resources ... only that my daughter introduced me to another job and I regret having done it ... now I do not know if they accept me again in the company😩
Optimo seguro medico
Derechos humanos respetados
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 2Jelentés
very stressfull & unorganized Group
DISPLAY COOK (Volt alkalmazott) –  Upstate, New york2018, december 17.
DIRTY, Management normally non existent, Lots of backstabbing ,name calling even sou chefs calling people names ,pay could be better, low # of employees for job duties/ tasks for daily preparation, not following guidelines for all dietary needs, leave the work onto other people because there independent and can be left on there own. I can go on and on ,under union contract but does not always follow it.
Pro érvek
Chatting with the students and getting there approvalof dishes served by myself
Kontra érvek
Management, Uncleanliness no custodians, dishwashers clean bathrooms etc., there always smelly
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12NemJelentés
Bait and switch hiring
Cook 1 (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denton TX2018, december 16.
I was hired in as a cook after applying for a sous chef position. I later learned the two guys that got hired in after me applied for the same thing. All 3 of us were promised advancement after 90 days, but so far were covering positions that are not being filled at all. After being there a year ,its very clear that this company is running their own bait and switch program by attracting workers in with an attractive ad, only to find the manager is not hiring staff to fill those positions, but in order to gain a incentives for a nicer bonus at the end of the year. meanwhile keeping things in chaos and having the general employees do the labor.
Pro érvek
You are allowed to punch out for your break and continue working
Kontra érvek
At the end of the day, you will punch out no matter if your done cleaning or not
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 14Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was always treated different from everyone else.
2nd cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Shell/CNRL/Suncor2018, november 24.
Lack of food safety education by some managers. Military managers from Canada and the UK are great to work with. More Haccp, and proper education is needed in all mining sectors. Lack of Respect towards me and my privacy was bad. I only met 4 good managers in 10 years.
Pro érvek
Free meals, and a roof over my head while I was working.
Kontra érvek
Bullying and hazing/sexual harassment, by people that are not Canadian.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I never seen so little power go to a managers head
Float cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland maine2018, november 14.
I was a float cook they wil screw u anyway they can if your more qualfied then the chef manager they do what it takes to get u to leave stay away run fast
Schedule
Everything else
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
camp needed to be upgraded especialy some of the bunk houses
Night Shift Baker & Breakfast Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kemess mine site2018, november 8.
ESS at the Kemess mine was a good company to work for .The kitchen was designed poorly so was way more walking than there needed to be.350-500 man camp so very busy , alot of product produced.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
5,0
High work volume
2nd Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort McMurray, AB2018, november 1.
Work wise high volume of work load. Friendly environment. Safety 1st all the time. Always 12hours and and 14daus straight and highly paying company. Can recommend about pay
Free food accommodation
12 hrs
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Cashier/Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Memphis, TN2018, október 17.
Good place to work needs improvement in Management the workers work together as a team sometimes the managers help the food is great some areas are really short handed
Wellness Days a year
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9Nem 3Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Compass Group? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van