Compass Group-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Cook

162 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 4 246 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stop Leads from seeing Our Check stubs!They then start hating & cutting your hours! Compass Group, Welfare Kick Backs! 3rd party viewing Your Chec😖
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Orleans, LA2019, július 2.
Didn’t like the fact that the manager had been there for 25+ years & had just became manager 2 months before I got there, had no certification until I walked in with mine, She then obtained 1. Forced to work with an alcoholic because She knew him from high school! Lead had major mood swings, only because she was a jealous hater! Once she seen my chek stubs,Nomore 40 hrs hours!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Harassment and hostility
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brookwood Medical Center2019, június 22.
If you don’t mind being blamed for unsafe food storage, having the food you prepared sabotaged, being cursed at by a 64 year old coworker who is an admitted ex-habitual drug user who spends his shift drinking 2 to 4 energy drinks in order to keep up the pace of the jobs demand and having the executive chef demean you and your work ethic because you called him extremely early in the morning to inform him you’re quitting...work here! here!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 2Jelentés
Management is terrible!
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Burns, WY2019, május 28.
If you were the mean girl in high school this is definitely the job for you! Only the girls that are mean, rude and disrespectful advance. They have a speak up hotline. That is basically to get them a mention in Forbes Magazine! If you report to speak up the upper manager calls the district manager and makes an even bigger mess for you. If you actually work and learn everything you are treated very poorly. If you're lazy and take an entire day to do one job you are their favorite employee! They are not aware of how to say thank you or give any appreciation at all. They will roll their eyes and hang up on you when you're trying to discuss a problem with them. This job is not worth the stress that working here creates.
Good hours.
Kontra érvek
Low pay, toxic environment, disrespect unappreciation
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Garbage company ran by garbage people
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lapeer, MI2019, május 14.
Where to start...the management from the director to supervisors are incompetent who dont want to work and make up stuff about employees they dont like make employees they dont like work every holiday. Only promote people who backstab other employees and vote the way they want(and mock employees who didnt vote the wanted to there faces). The director kept on a manger who physically assaulted myself (in front of other employees and customers)and wouldn't let me call the police to report them and the manager didn't get in trouble at all.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful and unsanitary place to work
cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Flossmoor, IL2019, május 13.
The kitchen is unsanitary. Grease and food is left on floor behind the stove, which is never cleaned by maintenance. The food service workers are very juvenile, always gossiping. Management on several occasions yells in a threatening manner. Overall a low pay for the amount of work which is required.
free lunch
staff is unprofessional
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
4,0
Productive, but unrealistic
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portsmouth, NH2019, május 7.
They have plenty to keep busy during the workday, however with recent changes they are expecting more out of their workers without compensating for the workload.
benefits and hours good
Kontra érvek
Expects too much for little pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Worse place to work
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Massachusetts2019, május 2.
They not educated enough , they racist and they talked bad about every one specially the above bosses . The chefs are not good must of them can’t cook
Free lunch
Nope
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11Nem 4Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Co-workers for the most part are enjoyable to work with
Fmr cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lakeland2019, április 30.
Management team at Florida Poly Tech treats the employees like garbage, general lack of respect and likes to play at with peoples hours and doesn’t really listen to anything suggestions or comments. They know how to talk to people (ei superior to subordinate), in the case of the one manager i was told to loose weight because my uniform was tight and this happened after my duties were changed due to a physical injury that called me to be on restricted light duty. Once HR was called and the manager was talked to she didn’t speak to me for roughly a week, guess she was real salty. Co workers were great and free meals were not bad either. But paying to park on campus, seasonal nature and not getting 40 hours per week was rough.
Free lunches/meals
Kontra érvek
Hours, seasonal and specifically management at this location
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
very cheap
First Cook- Primary (Volt alkalmazott) –  Toronto, ON2019, április 5.
billion dollar worldwide company because they are very cheap. they over manage. they have so many managers what is hard to remember who is who. too many chiefs and not enough indians.
nothing
everthing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 17Nem 2Jelentés
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun work environment with a structured routine.
Corporate Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Neenah, WI2019, április 2.
I feel as though my days are fairly the same throughout the week. Mondays can become a bit hectic with all the prep work starting out the week, but my co-workers and customers make it enjoyable. I've learned a lot about time management and have improved my organization skills. Management could use improvements in ways of production and filling in employees with advancement opportunities. Overall my work experience with Compass group at Mercury Marine is average because the work itself is great, but management and compensation/room for advancement needs improvement.
compensation/ Lack of advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management makes it not a great place to work
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Richardson, TX2019, március 30.
Working at my location has a low morale. Management has lied to me several times. The expect you to do your job but, they don't fulfill all of their job duties as in raises on time and no performance review as expected. They say they want teamwork but, then get on to someone who does something outside their work done. They do not lead by example.
Pro érvek
No nights or weekends, free lunch
Poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 2Jelentés
Worst experience
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newark, DE2019, március 14.
The full time hours were 7:00am to 3:00pm. The hourly pay was low. Benefits avail after 90 days, but that would require half of your paycheck EVERY WEEK. I quit on the 91st day after I found out how much it would be. I was there for the benefits, but not to pay it with half of my paycheck.

As soon as you arrived, you were already behind. So much work with so little time. You can’t take a bathroom break, and barely have time for a 30 min lunch. You get discounts on food. Taking out the trash is a hassle... not convenient at all.

At this Newark location, you wash your own dishes. There is no dishwasher to do them. There is limited staff: Chef Manager, grill cook, prep cook, deli cook and cashier. When someone calls out or take off for any reason, it’s horrible. You get a lot of customers all day long, but there isn’t enough time (or maybe staff) to take care of everything properly. This Newark location also has a mouse problem. The higher ups were always setting up traps. Never caught them all.

The cafe itself is very nice. Window view of I-95.

They just didn’t pay you enough for how hard you worked there. Eurest (aka Compass) is very corporate. Recipes to follow. No changes. No creativity. It killed your soul. Even the Chef Manager was stressed daily because of expectation of him. Although, he was very nice.. but you had to know when to leave him alone. The rest of the staff was very friendly to work with, as well as helpful during training. A happy bunch!
Customers
Kontra érvek
Low pay, expensive benefits, large daily work load, limited staff
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 13Nem 1Jelentés
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Longview, TX2019, március 13.
Be sure you are clear about hours and availability on your application and also in person. The company is good to work for. Typical issues are those common to the food service industry such as: grumpy coworkers, lack of communication, irregular schedule, and occasionally unknown expectations. Overall, I would recommend Compass Group as a work place to friends. Opportunity for advancement is plentiful. After one year, transferring to other locations is available.
Free lunches
Communication breakdowns
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 3Jelentés
3,0
serving
Cashier/Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gray Court, SC2019, március 2.
clock in and prepare food to be cooked and then cook/ clean/ and was the only cashier also. how to cook like a chef. management could have been more involved. people were very raged at times. The hardest part was when I ended up doing everything mostly alone cause others couldn't do team work. The best thing was how much my customers appreciated me and the hard work that I did each day.
Pro érvek
discounted meals and our love to please our customers.
Kontra érvek
i had to be the adult most of the time because they started acting like children.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12NemJelentés
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Manager/Cashier/Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Bay, ON2019, február 25.
Good place to work, weekends off and some what solid hours
management is ... difficult, want you to cut hours all the time, abrasive aggressive emails... not worth the stress.
Bonuses for employees at the holidays is horrible. they dont take individual contribution into consideration and only care about money. worst pay grading and increases I've ever seen.
clientel
management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 2Jelentés
5 years have degree in culinary arts wont promote me
cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Santa Clara, CA2019, február 21.
you can study for years and then work for them and they will hire some random person whos never cooked before and put them in charge of you. the chefs think they are god and if you dont agree they will troll you. most chefs are incompetent and only hired cause of nepotism. my manager was amazing but the chefs made it impossible to feel good about a job well done. the guy they promoted could not read or write english and barely speak it, he did not have an education or experience. five years ive been here , what a joke. chefs more concerned about their hair than their manners, professionality, and welfare of their employees.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 14Nem 1Jelentés
Bad management
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bellflower community hospital2019, február 15.
I worked at bellflower hospital the manager would go in the office and and close the door and sit around and talk about you or talk about other employees to you talk bad about them he would tell them your personal information regarding your health and share patients information with you which is heppa the hospital is racist I could go on and on
Some good employees
Racism and poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12Nem 2Jelentés
Favoritism is key
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Easton, PA2019, február 3.
The pay is decent if you’re coming from somewhere that you make a minimum wage of $7.50 and get paid $11.50 but when you start moving around and doing everything that other people can’t do they don’t want to pay you for it. It’s a corporate company so “the most they can give is 3%”. Sous chefs are reckless and act like children most the time. It’s high school all over again. I’ve heard many racial comments even though I am white and we are a fairly mixed crew. The people at the bottom work harder then the people on the top, we are the face, pay us right and you’re company will run smoothly.
Pro érvek
Free food, comfortable working environment
Kontra érvek
Long breaks, become complacent, no overtime or they cut your hours, low pay, bad management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 21Nem 1Jelentés
Do not work here
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Irving, TX2019, január 23.
This is the worst company to work for. Management sits in the office doesn't work. They never give you ckeck stubs unless you harass them for it. And they treat you like a number not an employee. I felt like a kid in the principals office the whole time. Run dont walk away from this job.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 14NemJelentés
Stress full
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Minnesota2019, január 9.
Over loaded job with in limited time and never get enough entitled break. Unfair treatment from the managers. They have their favorites. Who are treated fspeacial from the rest of crews. Uneven job assignments.
Pro érvek
Free food and fun coworkers
Kontra érvek
Most rules don’t apply to everybody but always apply to some people
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12Nem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Compass Group? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van