Compass Group-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Cook

117 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 186 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Clean environment for the most part. Lots of job security as long as you work hard as well as room to be promoted. Good benefits, sick days.
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ottawa, ON2018, június 5.
Overall a good place to gain experience in the food service industry. The high volume of customers gives cooks a lot of experience handling foods. Learning how to prep efficiently and properly with the high safety standards that Compass Group expects is an enriching experience.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive, keeps you busy, and great work/life balance
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, május 8.
I have currently been with this company for a little over a year and have honestly had a decent experience. The work/life balance is really as good as it gets especially in the restaurant industry. The job is stressful at times because you are often short handed (not sure if this is the case at all accounts). The great thing about this company is they have a lot of opportunities if you want to transfer where you work to a different job type or across accounts. Management is generally decent but their are times like every job where they are hard headed and difficult to deal with. Overall if you are looking into working for this company I suggest you give it a shot at the least.

A typical day is coming into work in the morning, setting up and gathering supplies needed for the day and then prepping for service. After that you have service then its clean up and go home.

P.S. As long as you work hard at you're job and ignore the people not doing their job, you will have opportunities with this company, just like most companies.
Pro érvek
Meal plan, benifits, vacation days and opportunities
Often shorthanded
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
they are no longer in service in Illinois
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rushville, IL2018, május 5.
Compass Group that I worked for are no longer in service. Not in Illinois that I believe. They may be in another state. Compass Group/canteen corrections was what the company went by.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I very productive to me i learn new things everyday at work and i'm always having fun.
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2018, május 5.
I say everyday is typical day at work becouse i'm always working with the customers but that i enjoy a lot.I have learned a lot of things in the company interacting with people working in the team and how to deal with problems at work communiction. The work place culture is simple you have to pantual and respect your coligues,management is always changing at work some of the manager are good managing the staff in the way of respect and we learn a lot from them. The hardest part of the job is that you work very hard long hours but salaries they don't suit our job the way we work under preasure but that what i enjoy the most becouse i grow everyday and learn to work under preasure. The most thing that i enjoy is being at work working with people it what i enjoy the most meeting new people from different countries that makes me grow personal and i enjoy working with people as per customer service.
They is free lunch
Kontra érvek
Normal working hours but theres too much preasure
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11NemJelentés
team work based
Receiving / Cook / Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, május 3.
its fast pace get it done customer first and definitely put the employees first good benefits and the managers where very hard workers right next to the workers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
The newest management team is terrible.
Cook/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hays, KS2018, április 20.
I honestly don’t intend on working for this company ever again. The director asks about your personal life just so they can cut your hours down to the max. Then give you more work to do in less time. The executive chef just sits in the office watching the business fail instead of pitching in and blames the staff for things that is clearly his responsibility. These managers work the staff to the bone. Then either terminate them or take away all their hours till they are forced to quit.
Pro érvek
Your days off, because it’ll give you time to apply elsewhere.
Everyone in management.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11Nem 1Jelentés
Not what it seems
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wilmington, DE2018, április 13.
Typical day at work was arrive at 6am, and then non stop prep and serve food. I would have to wait 5 hours to go to the bathroom because there was too much to do and no help.
What I learned: Don't work in corporate food service.
Management: Worst Ive ever experienced. I was lied to about everything from what the job actually entailed , winning awards, my paycheck, and even when my cafe was closing. Management seems to not actually know how to manage or be a good person.
Workplace culture: Everyone is depressed.
Hardest part of the job: No time to go to the bathroom, Watching the manager lie to everyone
Most enjoyable part of the job: The customers.
Weekends off
Everything else
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Cook food according to menus (Volt alkalmazott) –  Muncie, IN2018, április 11.
You are always busy and if your not someone will find something for you to do, Some people get by with just standing around and talking while everyone else is picking up there slack. I learned to watch who you talk to because the clicks are horrible there. I have learned how to read recipe's better and i was able to keep up. As far as Managers there were to many chefs and not enough Indians, And the manager was always a part of the clicks. I really don't think the job was hard.The only enjoyable part of the job was serving the kids.
Pro érvek
Being around the kids, free lunch
Managers, slackers, PAY
Management sucks
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Owensboro, KY2018, március 18.
I love what I do, I love cooking and serving. I don’t like the fact we have poor management and they don’t seem to care about the problems. Major favoritism.
Doing something I love
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 16Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressfull and never recognize hard work.
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  College station tx.2018, március 12.
The management never told you "good job" or have any kind of constructive criticism, they either told you you what you where doing wrong or just took over what you where doing.
Free lunch
Short "lunch"
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
compass group north eastern division
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Providence, RI2018, március 7.
compass group I a big company and span over the united states of America. That being said, I can not talk about them as a whole but merely my location. At my location we were contracted under Hasbro Inc. I providence and Pawtucket in Rhode island. As far as the company goes I liked the mind set the were trying to employ but didn't like how they were managed. As they tried to take control and not allowed to cater to needs as seen by the employees. As personal found it rough to find a daily routine. If you can relate to having a sibling or taking care or a young child. It was as if once they could see the direction and arrow was heading and like the position or product they wanted to take it out of your hands to claim the final product as their own. I love the company we were contracted by but felt. It was as if they cared more for me and the work I did then the actual company I worked for.
Pro érvek
I loved working under hasbro, but i did actual work for hasbro.
Kontra érvek
Are to put an extact finger on. So id ratehr not say.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Incredible, but to late. Sorry.
Production Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Johnson City, TN2018, március 5.
I feel the policy regarding tardiness is something that robs the company of incredible employees. In my case, I had an hour commute, which sometimes was smooth and other times riddled with delay. Being one of the best cooks, reliable, willing to cover shifts, willing to work over, attentive to details, a team player, and always going above and beyond any requirement was not a consideration for employee retention. I can only imagine how many great employees has been tossed aside by ridiculous policies such as tardiness.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Outgoing employees and unappreciative managers
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Baton Rouge, LA2018, február 27.
Besides the prejudice supervisors and awful pay rate the atmosphere is great my fellow emplyees love me we love each other its just the managers i dont really think they like me nor appreciate the great workers they have
Loving coworkers
Kontra érvek
Alot of work for nothing
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was fun making food for the inmates
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sterling, CO2018, február 16.
It was fun making food for the inmates but, the inmates liked to take advantage of me. That is why I got fired because they did not measure out the food properly.
cooking the food
management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Good Company
Cook - Premera Blue Cross facility (Volt alkalmazott) –  Spokane, WA2018, február 14.
A comfortable environment. Most of the clients were respectful and nice to be around.
Typical day was always busy.
You learn to juggle more responsibilities, as you become short staffed.

Management was okay on the property itself, very helpful when questions came to mind. As well as picking up the slack, and did not have to do so, when we were short staffed. Did not act as if they were better then us. Felt very comfortable. Management was also very complementary each day of us.

Hardest part of the job was-- the power play between employees, one in particular who was trying to get others to do their job constantly, sitting and taking too long of breaks, so others never got their break due to that happening.
With all that happening management told us we must clock in and out for breaks we never got as corporate was giving them a bad time of us not clocking out for our breaks.

The clock in and out system with a automated phone system, that felt like it took forever to get through the prompts.

Enjoyable part was, the sense of humor of the management as well as some others we worked with and clients as well, this helped to lighten the mood. Hearing nice complements of the foods made and served as well as those menu items put in grab n go centers. Problem solving for clients in a stressful situation and making it right for them in some way.
Pro érvek
Good company as a whole. Present manager is a nice person to deal with. They paid well.
Kontra érvek
Uniform top was ugly color and the hat just made us all too darn hot all the time, our heads could not breathe so to speak! Much of the time short handed, did not get breaks due to short staffed, but told to clock in and out for them.
Ok place to work
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stevens Point, WI2018, február 6.
Its not a to bad of a place to work other then improper recipes lack of communication. No room for advancement and pay needs to be better not very organized parking is horrible and you spending your lunch hour to move your car closer when allowed. Alot of false promises and some employees will throw you under the bus. You work hard but don’t really get recognized management don’t really listen to you on any problems or schedule issues. No employee meal discount so your stuck paying for over priced food and you have no time to leave and get food since you only get 30min and have to ride the bus to a parking lot to get your car.
Ok work environment
Kontra érvek
Bad parking and lack of management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very productive and fast paced environment.
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Worcester, MA2018, január 27.
A typical day was arriving early no matter the weather and digging right into your work to provide healthy meals to students. I learned to work with other cooks, dishwashers, prep for meals, and perform other work related duties.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Hard work pays off
Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Warsaw, IN2018, január 24.
I'm new to the job, but treated like I've been apart of the team for years. Fair wages and potential advancment opportunities. Hard work gets noticed.
Wellness days, food discounts
Kontra érvek
Do have to work some weekends and holidays but not all.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 3Jelentés
fun place
frist cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boston, MA2018, január 24.
this was a really small account in north cambridge ma three man crew we where like family chef was a very good chef learn

alot from him good company too work for
great place too work
good health care
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Great work environment
Production Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Matthews, NC2018, január 4.
Great work environment ,growth opportunities and good pay. Nice place to work with friendly people where you feel like family all working together for the patient and their families.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 2Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Compass Group? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van