Compass Group Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 2 135 értékelés megmutatása
Don't like management's
Lead Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX Eruest2017, november 4.
Manager told you they would not cut you pay when they transfer you over and then they did, and also they give you the job and take it away,they have favertisam in the work place.
Pro érvek
Manager have favertisam in the work place
Kontra érvek
Lunch brake is too short
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10Nem 2Jelentés
Busy
Catering Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2017, november 4.
very good to work for they look after staff nice people you get 50%off your lunch free cups of tea always involve staff in their business very friendly mangers
Pro érvek
Weekend s off death and service bennifits
Heavy work load
University Life
Prep cook/ Pizza (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2017, november 3.
Making sure the Students have balanced food to eat. Very fast pace, learned banquet still cooking and how to display properly and right temperature. Work place very organized and sanitized. Most enjoyable getting to meet people for all over the world.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Fun work
Cashier/Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL2017, november 3.
I loved working with compass Group it showed me different things in life. Like how to run things on my own. It was such a beautiful experience, I would love to go back!
Pro érvek
Being able to get to know new people in the building and business, learning how close down a store, make drinks etc
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, payin for a union
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 4Jelentés
Wouldn't work here again
Customer Service Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire2017, november 3.
A typical day would be a 9-hour shift, serving mostly ungrateful customers and having to deal with extremely clicky co-workers.

Often got questioned about going to the toilet which I found ridiculous, managers put a lot of pressure on you to learn the job quickly, alongside having to complete an extensive course in your own time about food health and safety amongst other things, didn't get told about this at the interview.

The hardest part of the job was being given a half hour break on a 9 hour shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Pro érvek
Choice of the hours you want to do
Kontra érvek
long hours, half hour lunch on 9 hour shift, clicky co workers, minimum wage job
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
management
Canteen worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cheraw, SC2017, november 1.
I had a wonderful manager she would work with you if you had a problem and would do everything she could to fix a problem you might have she would go above and beyond
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was lied to at interview to get me in the door :(
Grill Cook (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Grove City, PA2017, november 1.
Management is a joke, they have little to no experience in food service or how to order or work with others. Been here a little over a week and I have a very bad attitude about anything good coming from this job ! The only thing is so now we are down so many cooks you can be more demanding with the hours you want ! Very sad because this could be an awesome company if they had the right help and desire !
Pro érvek
Free lunch if you have time to eat
Kontra érvek
Low pay for all the work, made to do other jobs not trained or hired to do instead of a supervisor doing it
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10NemJelentés
buen ambiente laboral
Ayudante de cocina (Volt alkalmazott) –  escuela Joan Pelegrí2017, november 1.
Buen ambiente laboral con las compañeras. Correcto entendimiento con la dirección y la gerencia.
Un día laboral rutinario consistía en realizar las tareas propias de la cocina, elaborando el menú diario, servicio y limpieza.
Aprendí a gestionar los tiempos de trabajo, organización de las tareas, complementar registros diarios y gestionar problemas propios de la convivencia laboral.
Los cursos eran de manipulación de alimentos y riesgos laborales.
Lo más difícil era trabajar bajo el estrés casi diario que se convertía en rutinario, pero que a la vez te entrenaba . Lo mejor , sin duda, el trato directo con los niños y el ambiente de trabajo con las compañeras.
comité de empresa
tiempos de descanso
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Bare Minimum
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  901 3rd Ave. S.2017, október 30.
I took the job at Compass Group as a placeholder while I looked for something different. I was hired as a cashier, but was required to clean, stock, and brew fresh coffee. I was also required to stock beverage cases, restock candy and clean the bakery case at the end of shift. This was nearly impossible to do, given that a cashier is required to be available to ring out customers. I would inevitably be constantly interrupted from my duties, and nothing was ever finished. It seemed to me that the pay did not reflect the extra duty requirements. For 5 days off a year maximum, (accrued, not guaranteed), and approximately $65/a day for 8 hours of work, it just didn't seem worth it. My boss was completely sweet and very helpful in covering shifts when I had things to attend to. The hours were consistent, 8 hour shifts, 5 days a week with weekends off. It served its purpose for a time.
It's a paycheck
Kontra érvek
It's not much of a paycheck
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10Nem 2Jelentés
Not that Bad
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL2017, október 29.
I did not like how the boss worked , lack of lazyness ,and gave us short breaks ,but the good part is that they gave us free lunches but overall it was not that bad.
Free Lunches
Short Break
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 2Jelentés
Ambiente lavorativo stimolante
aiuto cuoco (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mensa firenze2017, október 29.
Ambiente lavorativo stimolante però non CE possibilita a fare straordinari
Steady Work and Fun Sometimes
Dietary Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ocford NC2017, október 28.
I enjoyed my Compass job.I worked 2 times with them.No benefits and no chance for advancement were the reasons i left.I had a fair boss both times snd sorta missed the coworkers.Compass is a good company.
Free lunches
No benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
work life balance
Food Service Director/Executive Chef (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2017, október 28.
Working for one of Compass Group`s businesses dining sector comes with free weekends and bank holidays, along with paid holiday. Great benefits for employees and families, along with programs, that help to achieve health, financial goals.
weekend, holiday off
employee turnover
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
La empres es buena pero hay ciertos jefes que se tiran todo!!
auxiliar de dietas (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bogotá, Distrito Capital, Cundinamarca2017, október 28.
Nunca habia trabajado como auxiliar de dietas, y nunca volvere a trabajar en eso!!! Es un trabajo donde algunas lo dan todo y otras simplemente no hacen nada, empezando por los jefes.Nunca entendi porque tanto jefe????sentados en una oficina viendo videos o chismoseando.. sin estar pendiente del personal si estaba cumpliendo con sus funciones o si estaban en piso de levante !!!!mientras q los demas nos matabamos por sacar el servicoo adelante.
Por otro lado nunca encotraba lo necesario para hacer la labor como se debia, los carros destruidos, se presentaban accidentes y culpaban a la accidentada.
Toca estar pendiente de los pagos de domingos y festivos porq no los reportan va y reclama y si estas de buenas te los pagan, a mi me quedaron debiendo dos festivos,,,buen probecho para el q de quedo con la platica, pero yo quiero aclarar una cosa si yo dejo mis hijos solos un festivo es porq necesito la plata y no es para matarme y q me robén, porque eso es un robo!!!!!!
Seguro medico
Kontra érvek
Muchos jefes pocos trabajadores.
Munkahelyi kultúra
a good spot to get some quick banquet experience but turn around if you think you'll get a raise or career advancement
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2017, október 26.
Working for the main pastry/bread chef was a VERY stressful and overwhelming experience. This is not a very skilled chef to learn from. Also, the micromanaging never ceases to end.

The sales team has no sense of time and what man power it takes to create their specified menus and they often change the orders at the last minute or add work once the order is already finished.

THERE IS VERY LITTLE OPPORTUNITY TO MOVE UP HERE

Speaking as a an employee of the month. I volunteered for extra events, helping out other facets of the hotel and at the end of the year I had to pull teeth from the exec chef just to get a 1$ raise
You're rated on a 5 star scale for raises but they strictly never give anyone a 5 rating so morale and incentive drop after you're first review.

If you're looking for good experience and just got out of school this is a great job for people with very little experience. But if you have a passion for creativity and self driven motivation to grow in your career look else where or else this job will suck the life out of you.

The paid time off is also false since they go by the quarterly calendar and it depends when you where hired according to theyre calendar.

standard 3% raise for hourly positions which is insane considering their FOH staff and concierges make so much more +perks and bonus's for half the effort
Health Insurance
Kontra érvek
Management, career growth, poor raises, overwhelming enviorment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 13Nem 1Jelentés
fun place
General Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire2017, október 26.
excellent company to work for, I achieved so much working for compass. They put me through all my training and nvqs.
I was gutted when I left but for personal reasons i had no choice
free dinner ongoing training
Kontra érvek
long days on your feet all day
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depending on region can be very rewarding
System Director of Operations (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2017, október 26.
Your engagement and happiness is directly correlated with your senior leadership’s management style. If you have a leader who inspires, rewards out of the box thinking, and encourages the sky is limitless.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Work/life balance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 1Jelentés
Ambiente abbastanza buoni
addetta servizio mensa (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rho, Lombardia2017, október 25.
Direi ambiente buono e stimolante,c'è sempre da fare e mai stare fermi.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very good place for older individual or young college student
Shift Leader (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Florence, AL2017, október 24.
Very minimal pay for the work that has to be done. Great job for an older individual with another income or a college student just looking for extra income. Good placement if you are willing to relocate your family.
mandatory 30 minute break with limited meal options
low rate healthcare and almost 0 paid time off
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Very Long Days
Transporter (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Rye, NY2017, október 24.
Food Service Industry is very hectic and demanding.
If you're not a Chef, there's very little opportunity.
The pay for non exempt is just above minimum wage.
I am well skilled and they still start you out a a low wage.
Steady work
Kontra érvek
No family time...weekends you are scheduled to work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés