Comcast-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Communication Technician

525 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 12 915 értékelés megtekintése
Zero Advancement... Unless...
Communications Technician III (Volt alkalmazott) –  Savannah, GA2019, február 16.
When I first started working for Comcast, they stated that it was very easy to move up within the company. What they failed to say was that you had to be a favorite among your management in order to make those kinds of strides for your career. There is very little opportunity to advance within this company, unless you kiss the proverbial ring of all of your managers, and then there may only be opportunity to move up within your area which you were hired within. If you start as a Technician, heaven forbid you actually utilize your mind to become more than the knuckle-dragger that you are perceived to be. It does not matter at all that you may have a college degree and any appropriate training/certifications to become something more than what you were hired to be.
Discounted services
Too many to list
Best Company to work for
Communication Technician (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denver, CO2019, február 15.
Comcast is the best company I have ever worked for. It’s going to take one heck of a perfect opportunity for me to leave. Great culture, great managers, terrific work life balance and really gratifying work
Pro érvek
Essentially free cable, company vehicle
Good but not great
Communications Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Puyallup, WA2019, február 7.
Excellent discounts and health coverage but lack of career advancement and fair pay for the diverse amount of work is drastically underpaid. My supervisor was amazing great people to work with, however upper management is very disconnected from frontline workers
Product discounts
Kontra érvek
Poor pay and lack of advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked there just over 8 years in various cities. I had wonderful experiences in the Florida keys and Santa Fe,NM , but stay out of Sarasota/Venice.
Communication Technician III (Volt alkalmazott) –  Santa Fe, NM2019, február 7.
You must be tech savvy and not afraid of heights. Don’t get frustrated with all the services you have to learn your fellow team members will help. Stay positive and you must be a people person
Always challenging
Kontra érvek
You have to work in tight spaces
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don't ever work for them as a technician
Communications Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lakewood, CO2019, február 1.
Expect to work over time basically every day, have unreasonable metrics to meet, get the short end of the stick from every other department in the company, feedback goes entirely disregarded AT BEST or leads to "not retribution but definitely retribution" and no matter what happens it's your fault.

Customer doesn't understand how their own third party equipment works? Your fault.

Customer thinks their equipment is too loud because the warehouse keeps handing out a model of box with bad fan despite EVERY tech telling them it's a problem? Your fault.

Customer gets a sound bar for their TV and can't get their remote to change the volume? Your fault.

And guess what, all of those 'repeats' negatively affect your scorecard, which means your opportunity for advancement, which means your opportunity to make money. Which is important, because Chick-Fil-A has a higher starting wage that Comcast/Xfinity.

I could go on and on. This was by far the worst job I've worked so far. Unless you're about to be homeless on the street and fighting dogs for scraps, don't apply for this position.
Company vehicle
Literally all of it
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do NOT ever be a Comcast Tech.
Communication Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ranson, WV2019, január 31.
I had to resign myself to applying to Comcast because I was let go from an IT contract I had worked on for seven years. I applied, got called, was told one number as compensation and didn't get it in writing, so was forced to accept much lower. Comcast Tech training is absolutely glorious. I enjoyed learning something knew to throw in my IT bag of tricks and my peers in my "class" were awesome. Unfortunately, the training on how to hang drops and how to do fittings and connectors does not prepare one for going in to ungodly and terrible conditions people call their "homes." Mystery stains, surfaces that have not seen a cleaning in years, and crystallized cat urine are a few things you will encounter. Comcast also gives you a "time limit" and expects you to be able to complete insane work requests in forty-five minutes. Your usual day will be comprised of two appointments scheduled from 8-10, two 10-12, at least one 1-3, and at least one 3-5. You will not be given enough time to complete all of these, so you WILL be late to one and this will be held against you. Trying to advance to higher levels is near impossible with the metrics they want you to meet, you WILL start to get frustrated and eventually stop caring about trying to get to the next job.
Discounted services, training
Pay, advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’m very depressed working here
Communications Technician II (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Burlingame, CA2019, január 16.
They drive you like a horse and don’t compensate worth the work, lots of hazardous work, they tell us because we get free cable we aren’t compensated what we should get payed. I would rather take the compensation and figure what I want for my services
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a paycheck, def not a career.
Communications Field Technician 4 (Volt alkalmazott) –  Romeoville, IL2019, január 16.
Pay should be higher for the work you do.
Micromanagement becoming increasingly popular
Defective equipment. Hard to sell a product that doesn’t work
Great benefits
Kontra érvek
Mandatory OT, micromanage, poor communication between departments
2,0
Before The Transfer
Communication Technician 4 (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cambride, MA2019, január 15.
This review is based off the Florida Comcast not Massachusetts Comcast, I wouldn't want it to be completely negative.

Typical work day would consist of 6-10 work orders(Houses/Business) per day, workload will dictate depending on what is found at each job and time completed the work.

I have went on to learn the basics of Fiber optics(reading levels/fusion splice/replace fittings), I feel as if I have mastered the Comcast Coaxial troubleshooting. They have taught us to use various types of meters and different equipment.

The hardest and the best part of the job is the customers.
It's the worst feeling in the world to tell a customer you cannot fix their issues and will be fixed a different day, also the best part is when you fix issues that have been going on for sometime and they have multiple techs out that couldn't provide the fix/solution to the issue
Freedom of your own work pace, 6% 401k Match, decent pay
Kontra érvek
Unfair Tech evaluations, lack of leadership, no corporate support
Munkahelyi kultúra
They say they care, but they don't.
Communications Technician III (Volt alkalmazott) –  Homewood, IL2019, január 14.
HR isn't there for the employee, they're there to protect the company. You're told one thing, and then another thing happens completely opposite. They always want more and make it next to impossible to advance in your position. And if you want to move to a different department, they make that next to impossible too.
great place to work
Communications Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2019, január 7.
As a technician, very little time was spent in the office. The company created an atmosphere that made it easy for advancement and promoted and encouraged it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive work environment, with excellent crew and management
Communications Technician 2 (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Aberdeen, WA2019, január 2.
Each day varies on how much work there is, but there is always plenty to keep busy. Management is always willing to help reach your goals and promotion opportunities. The culture is very family oriented, which makes it easy to hold each other accountable.
Great benefits
Communications Technician II (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cape Cod, MA2018, december 27.
There are lots of perks for working for such a large company, but career advancement has recently become near impossible. Advancement and progressions used to be very common, but now perfection is expected and it is next to impossible to achieve the necessary metrics.
Pro érvek
discounted services, good health care
Kontra érvek
hard to advance, lots of stress
My experience
COMMUNICATION TECHNICIAN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ann Arbor, MI2018, december 15.
The typical day will have you doing cable math and check as well as running cable.
I've learned that the little things matter and having pride in your work is a great thing,
Management is nice and supportive.
The workplace culture is built to support the best workers and encourage the rest.
The hardest part of the job is competing with excellent coworkers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is reaching a goal and getting an award.
Pro érvek
Hour lunch, home garage in system
Kontra érvek
metric system for pay rate increases holds you back
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced technical job with rewards by happy customers
Communications Technician 4 (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Jose, CA2018, december 15.
When arriving in the morning to the office we meet with our supervisor who gives us any pertinent information we might need for that day. We then pick up equipment and then off to the first job. You are given jobs usually one at a time. Based on your ComTech level you will be routed with an install or trouble call. I received more trouble calls because I was a ComTech4. I learned how to troubleshoot problems well while at Comcast. There is a very limited amount of assistance while out in the field. It is primarily micromanagement. The culture amongst technicians on the same crew is usually pretty good. The teamwork is primarily up to the supervisor. Management has stated at meetings that corporate is concerned as to why there is a huge turnover with trained employees. Employees share amongst each other that they feel unappreciated and overworked. One of the main topics is that new equipment and products get launched before we get the training necessary. The hardest part of the job is not being able to plan anything on days that you work. If you make any plans, but there are still jobs in the pool, you will not be able to get off on time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being to be out there on your own. I really like being able to interact with my customers. I would listen to what my customers were experiencing and then troubleshoot and find and then fix the problem. I liked seeing my customers happy when I was finished.
Pro érvek
Being able to provide superb customer service
Kontra érvek
Not being able to make any plans on work days
Great Job
Commercial Communications Technician IV (Volt alkalmazott) –  Muskegon, MI2018, december 13.
Great job but management tends to be a bit difficult to deal with. The work was very enjoyable and for the most part as long as you performed within expectations your days were very smooth
Munkahelyi kultúra
Have you ever heard anyone say anything good about this company?
Communications Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Seattle, WA2018, december 10.
Ask around -- -not even for a job, but ask ANYONE and you will hear that Comcast is a horrible company. They say they are good, but I can say that too - doesn't make it true.

Don't apply.
Discount on cable
Everything else.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Run away, fast! And never look back!
Communications Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Williamsport, PA2018, december 9.
Horrible place to work! You are a number to management, they care about is your scorecard which is stacked against you. They culture inside is nothing but rot. You are micro managed to the point you need to ask permission to use the bathroom. This is corporate America at its worse. If you bring up an issue during the weekly meetings, you are pulled aside after the meeting and threatened to keep your mouth shut. As for advancement, if you don't kiss enough butt, you are constantly overlooked, and those that do are coddled and pushed ahead and their scorecard 'reworked' to help them. We were also told repeatedly to lie to the customer about their shotty equipment and other issues, and your 'technical support was horrible except for a few. You are always overloaded with work, and constantly have to pick up work of the deadbeat but kissers. Comcast is the place dreams and careers go to die! Good luck if you get hired here and don't say I didn't warn you.
Pro érvek
Some perks like reduced price cable and internet
Kontra érvek
Too many to list, just dont do it!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great benefits,but they are barely worth it
Communications Technician 3 (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, december 4.
The company is not a bad place to work, especially as an entry level position, but the metric system for technicians is not customer focused and therefore does not promote a high quality of service over quantity of jobs completed. This leads to higher customer frustration and less of a good overall experience. Promotions are based upon good metrics, but its simple to manipulate the scorecard when in fact, you can be doing a terrible job. This ultimately rewards poor or unethical workmanship and laziness and can keep the truly deserving employees out of the positions they ought to hold.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Every changing, never boring
Communications Technician III (Volt alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN 372282018, november 24.
It may not be for everybody, but i will say there is never a dull moment working with comcast. All companies have ups and downs but mostly positive experiences for me.
Free Cable
Long Hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Comcast? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van