Cepheid

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 233 értékelés megmutatása

Was good now bad

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Pros: Startup culture, highly collaborative, great people, good pay, good business tools.Cons: no wlb, unstable financials, very very poor upper management (company layoffs and months of following confusion), uncertain future.

Horrible place to work

Pay is decentExtremely poor management Some ppl are nice most are a pain and run in packsMore focused on numbers then quality Never properly cleanNo diversity Inexperienced leadsLots of families = lots of favoritism Oh and was notified August 2022 that we’re being laid off in September 30,2022
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

They took a chance on me and I was able to work my way up as a ME tech. It’s a good place to work at especially as a first job. There willing to train you.

Fun productive enjoyable

I wish I didn’t get laid off I’ve enjoyed working at Cepheid and they help me fulfill my dream i wish inwas given an opportunity to continue to work at Cepheid

Enjoyed my time

I was an MA 3 and enjoyed working at the Newark location. Great supervisor and loved working on my line in B1. When I did my training in Sunnyvale however was horrible. They work you to the bone in sunnyvale and I almost left the job but after my training returning to the Newark location it was like a total different company. Newark was friendly, great teamwork and good managment. Sad they are closing B1.

Pro érvek

Friendly people, great schedule.

Kontra érvek

Some days feel long working 12hr shifts.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Easy work

Job is easy, no heavy lifting. Work hours are flexible just wish they offered part-time. The work environment is ok, just some workers are bossy as if they are in charge but if you have thick skin nothing to worry about. Management seems cool for the most part, they seem to treat everyone fairly. The only thing I don't really like is they have no understanding when you have emergency and possibly cannot make it to work.

Clean and easy job

Cepheid is a very good company to work for. Very clean and easy job. The job is repetitive but it’s so easy that you don’t mind it. They have good benefits and a lot of holidays.

Good days are behind

I worked at Cepheid from 2019-2022. The company was thoughtful and intentional prior to the pandemic, because it was still relatively small and individual contributors could make a difference. Like many companies in the diagnostics and life sciences industry, they over hired during pandemic, resulting in a number of layoffs for recently in technical support and various other support roles. This is not affecting my review, as I left prior to the layoffs but it was clear to me that the company was great to work at while cash was flowing and everyone was happy. As soon as the organization started looking at costs etc, it was time to leave, as it was clear to me and that it would be a serious problem once the excessive growth was done.

Pro érvek

Profit sharing at end of year

Kontra érvek

No long term strategy of sustainment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good culture, happy community of co-workers, teamwork and understanding

Great place to work, pay is good, friendly co-workers and management, Job stress is medium to low. This site is going away, but it was a good experience while it lasted

Pro érvek

EV charging stations, cheap breakroom snacks, free coffee, learn new languages, wear your own clothes

Kontra érvek

machines break alot, not much to complain about though
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive and fun company to work with

So sad this company site is permanently closing. I will miss working in this company and to those people I work with. It is really great to work for this company.

Start up environment

Very start up environment. If you enjoy working in a fast past work place this place is for you. There is room for growth and can gain a lot of skills
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Well-intentioned company, poor execution from management

On the good side, there are so many broken processes, solutions & policies that it is guaranteed that you'll find something to 'fix'.Now the bad. Not a lot of opportunities to drive a significant change. Leadership personnel is not appropriate for those roles, they're always in reactive mode and they struggle to make simple decisions (often uneducated decisions). It is a constant 'try & error' situation, which is costly to the organization and does not generate any confidence from the associates we are supposed to lead.

Pro érvek

Relaxed environment if your role is rigid

Unqualified management, poor vision
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good

Very good company. Pays you decent . Poor upper management. People are good . Good perks and benefits. Management changes a lot . They need to work on their values

fun workplace

sad to be parting with the company but dont have a choice but to move on. co workers are friendly, work schedule is good, pay is not so bad, bonus is good, management is ok . lots of opportunity for advancement. they train you to broaden your knowledge

Favoritism

Couldn't wait to fill my assignment too much favoritism in the workplace and management needs training unprofessional!!!!! Never any communication between management and employees if you like unorganized and no employee was held accountable. Cepheid is right for you.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

High paced work environment with decent pay

Good culture and great co- workers. Company could Improve upon giving more flexible schedule for engineers. Good scope for trying out new ideas and implementing them
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Work hours and scheduling was good

The supervisor's didn't want to hire people on which caused alot of people to quit including me. The hiring process was supposed to be for 6 months and I worked there a year and they still didn't hire me on so I chose to move on

Excellent biomedical experience

Overall, Cepheid provides engineers with a biomedical experience that is not too overly-bureaucratic and allows for tremendous amounts of learning. Management is solid, and there are not too many meetings daily/weekly. Schedules are fairly flexible, including hybrid on occasion. Workplace culture is hardworking and diverse.

Pro érvek

Flexible schedule, Quality management and scheduling, Lots of learning opportunity, Breaks whenever you need

Work is typically 8-5, no breakfast/lunch provided

Disrespectful and culturally toxic

The overall experience working there was a complete disappointment. Management was not capable of their job and always reacting to fire drills at the last minute due to lack of planning. There is no general trust between management and people who does the job. Recent change on top management made the culture got more worse than before. Compensation is also below market in the silicone valley, they should have moved the entire company elsewhere to save on overhead cost.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Un grand groupe salariés anonymes peu considérés

Vous adhérez et appliquez la politique "corporate" du sourire forcé, la mise en compétition avec les collegues, le " tout positif" ne jamais dire ce qu'on pense avec sincerité, au vocabulaire obligatoire ( on dit collaborateurs et pas employés, etc)...ou vous finirez au rebut! Management désorganisé, trop eloigné de l'opérationnel et de ses contraintes, centré sur analyse des chiffres et le flicage, peu realiste, peu de considération, pas d'evolution par les compétences oy l'ancienneté, juste par entretien de "bonne" relations internes avec les "bonnes" personnes.

Les bureaux

Kontra érvek

Politique " corporate " manque de sincérité et d'engageent envers les salariés

Not paid fairly

Not paid fairly, management sucks. Doesnt appreciate individuals performance. Giving u responsibilities but doesnt appreciate people. They dont know what they are doing alot of young people that looks like they r playing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Cepheid? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés