CarMax

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 4 822 értékelés megmutatása

Great work environment

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
I liked working here everyone was very nice and training was easy it would be long hours and could be time consuming at times it’s a great way to start

Food

Break

Secure and Decent Benefits

it's a very corporatized company. However they restructured the payouts a few months into my arrival turning out a lot less than promised at the beginning.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It is a great company to work bad thing pay is not best

The company is a great place to start working in automotive industry. As a sales consultant you guide customers sometimes from beginning of a transaction sometimes halfway. Make sure you pay attention to small details when inputting customer information. Some managers have favorites, in sales you can make good money if you work a lot of hours.

horrible

management- horriblescheduling - horribleother associates- kinda ok but horrible work conditions - horrribleCommon sense - none.if u have any kinda voice and speak up for yourself.. this is not the job for u.

everything
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fun and inviting workplace that demands strong work ethic.

Carmax is a great place to start or continue your career. The company is continuing to grow and always looks to promote from within. Based on your skills and your drive to learn and grow there are many opportunities to move up within the company and increase your pay. This is a company that care deeply about having an environment that people feel safe and wanted. Culture and integrity is something that is constantly talked about within the company. Management is generally kind and helpful. Periodically will ask how you are doing. Work schedules for the most part require you to work weekends and at times may feel like your second home. That being said the company does encourage work life balance and management do what they can to facilitate it.

Pro érvek

The people I work with and the sense of the company having my back.

Kontra érvek

Work weekends, majority of holidays. Cleanliness of the store could be better, maintain things better and not just opting out for the least expensive option.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Just okay

It is just ok, very structured (no critical thinking allowed). It is a good part time job, but not a place to make a career. 1 or 2 decent managers, but the rest are incompetent.

It's just, OK

You don't really serve a purpose here, just do the same routine daily that any person with little bit of training can do. It's decent to pay bills and live. It's Diverse, same outline that every "top great place to work" follows. I wish they'd utilize leads and managers in escalation lines to help when you get stuck or de-escalate situations. Instead they micromanage which is most useless. Also, wish they'd focused on getting more one-on-one time with a manager after training instead of three months after, because you've already form habits. Than they tell you it's wrong and try to fix it from scratch again. Just smile and wave when this happens. It's true, you will have anxiety from hearing your phone ring. Calls are not back to back- which is great. Boring job. The vacation is blah, and not flexible with work life balance. Seems like nobody really knows what is happening, you just go through the process. If I hear "iconic experience" one more time. You can have a good call and have the customer satisfy, but they lowkey want you to follow a template of a call flow, and if you don't to them the call was not perfect. The End.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place to work, BUT...

Crazy schedules, free lunches, great coworkers. Never dreaded going to work. Unfair pay for the business office, though. They do a lot of work and help run the place. Other departments would be sitting around socializing and playing on their phone while the business office associates would be working non-stop. They work hard and deserve to be paid as such!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great if you like corporate, horrible micro management

I can totally see this being a great fit for someone who likes corporate / desk jobs. They have great benefits, plenty of space to work in-person (with great amenities at said office), and they really have an amazingly diverse team. That said, the micro management - particularly when working from home - is a NIGHTMARE. They say your focus is to provide an iconic customer service experience, but it's not. It's to sell vehicles, and that means running credit applications even when you know you shouldn't. They boast integrity but you really can't have much of it if you don't want your managers to hound you about quotas. Some managers are lovely, others don't have a clue and some others are downright nasty (rude). Managers also oftentimes don't agree on an answer to a question you may have, which just makes your life more difficult. By the time I left this job, I got anxious every time the phone rang.

Pro érvek

benefits, diversity, remote or hybrid option, paid training

Kontra érvek

poor management, micromanagement, lack of accommodation, escalations not taken seriously

Great

happy there. We partner with the industry's leading information technology manufacturers, integrators, and resellers to provide our country's federal, state, and local governments and academic institutions with IT solutions that best fit their needs and budgets.And we do this very, very well. In fact, no other government contractor in the marketplace has been able to achieve and sustain such phenomenal growth in such a short amount of time.

Fun supportive

Great place to work great people. Very supportive with great pay. A lot of experience and great sales process. Training is very personable . I would recommend to anyone

Not micro managed

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Managers lie to make carmax and themselves sound good

Poor management, nobody cares like they say they do. They hire a bunch of kids that stir up the pot there, don’t waste your time trying to work here. My car was hit in employee parking while I was clocked in one day and management never offered to fix it or do anything about it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

FANTASTIC place to work! Nurturing atmosphere! Very Teamwork driven!

Very upbeat and positive environment! Extremely good flexibility accomodating appointments during work day. A family/friendly environment throughout. Overall great place to work!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place for growth, if you commit all to CarMax

CarMax can be a good place for growth and development, just as long as you are willing to work all day to achieve it. Home office is not shy about having you work well over 12 hrs 5 days a week. Having a life outside of CarMax is not of the business need, so rarely is it considered. I do not believe that it is an issue with the local store, as much as the issue lies in the policies CarMax have in place.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Overall good company to work for

I enjoyed working with the people there. Management was always available and generally ready to assist. The benefits were good and so was the work life balance.

Sales

They want you to be a robot and to just do things their way, if you don't, they will put you on notice and make you have constant supervision until they feel you have conformed.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good benefits., bonuses. Raises . Easily advancing. Great hours . Friendly co workers . Management seems to care . You can travel around they help you with moving expenses

Benefits. Pay

Micro managing

It was alright

The Roseville location was alright, the inventory management played favorites a lot and never stuck to their word. Inventory associates also talked behind everyone’s back. Didn’t feel like a family.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great work culture and decent pay

Commission for sales consultants should be higher. The way splits are determined needs improvement as well. I love working here but I don’t feel I’m being paid adequately for the amount of effort I put in.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

They do not pay a fair wage

Carmax Talks a good game, but at the end of the day they do not compensate fairly. And they will not have your back if you get sick or injured, inspite of the promises they make.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good job security...pay could be improved

Good job, most positions are underplayed from entry to management unless you're senior management with several years under your belt. Alot of options and job opportunities as well as growth but like I said tht money won't add up until you've been there a while, unless you're in sales then it's up to you how much you make
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: CarMax? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

Céges kultúra: 3,6/5 csillag
  • Vállalatok
  • CarMax
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?