Barnes & Noble-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Customer Service Representative

231 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 970 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved he work but hated the “lack of” pay
Customer Service Representative/head cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dothan alabama2018, szeptember 17.
Working at Barnes and noble was a wonderful experience. My management team and co workers were like family. I would recommend Barnes and noble to anyone seeking employment.
Pro érvek
Discounts, work environment, overall ambiance
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good part-time job for students with decent workload
Customer Service Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  College Station, TX2018, szeptember 17.
I enjoyed working in the MSC Barnes & Noble. It was a great location and since I didn't have a car I was able to take the bus to campus and walk over. The people were cool, I got an employee discount, and most of the time the foot traffic was manageable. The only downside was the requirement to work on gamedays, though we were given the option to work only before and after football games, not during the entire game. All in all, a decent campus job and steady money for students.
Pro érvek
Location, employee discount, business casual attire, easy work, young environment
Working game days.
Great
Cafe Barista, Customer Service/Book Floor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Florida2018, szeptember 17.
It is work. Work is fun. Stuff is run by corporate. Corporate loves you. Sales and working. Organizing and working. Stuff gets done. I love my job and they wont give me full time.
colorful product
colorful product
Munkahelyi kultúra
dying company, sad to watch
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Milford, CT2018, szeptember 5.
overpriced merchandise, undervalued staff, demanding sales quotas, stressed out middle management inflicting their stress on average employees. Barnes and Noble is being Crushed by Amazon and they are trying to save themselves with ridiculous strategies like more member card sales, minimal discounts, silly overprices trinkets and beefing up the toy department. they have buddy daddy executives taking bad advice for changing the company. The fired all the full timers and eliminated their positions and basically sent a message to employees that this is not a company you can growth with. they actually killed any dreams of moving up in one fell swoop (which was extremely badly handled). just a dismal place to be now they are in the final throws of death.
awesome book discounts
Kontra érvek
awful sales demands, angry future amazon customers in all the time, poor management styles
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Wonderful
Bookseller & Customer Service Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Westchester County, NY2018, augusztus 31.
Good managers, good coworkers, good to work with the public. Good experience, happy environment. Very supportive. Happy to have the opportunity. Thank ypu
Opportunity
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and a good place to work to learn up and coming book titles
customer service by answering phones (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Jose, CA2018, augusztus 21.
During an opening shift I would stock the books before customers arrived, retrieve online hold orders, and clown the store. Throughout the day I would answer phone calls, help at register, assist customers in locating particular items, keep the store organized, set up tables and sections for book promotions, and reorganize the layout of the sections in the store. During closing I would put items back in their places and make sure the shelves were organized. This work place trained my in different locations in the store so I would be able to help in every area. This helps me gain experience at register, how to answer and assist customers over the phone, organize, and see new books/movies/music coming out that I would not had heard of otherwise. The most difficult part was learning how to juggle helping customers on the floor and on the phone at similar times.
Pro érvek
Learning every section helped me feel a part of the entire store, my co-workers and managers were also helpful and nice to work with.
Kontra érvek
At times there seemed to be a lot going on, such was customers on the floor, the phone ringing, and trying to keep the floor organized.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Supportive Management
Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Naples, FL2018, augusztus 20.
A great company with strong, encouraging management. I have worked in almost all departments in Barnes and I have had nothing but positive experiences.
Pro érvek
clean, friendly and knowledgable employees
Kontra érvek
books aren't as popular as they used to be
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Great work environment!
Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Princeton, NJ2018, augusztus 19.
Managers and coworkers all very outgoing, great working community, satisfying work. reasonable break times, good shift availability, and discounts are really good, especially for cafe area.
discounts
low pay
productive work place
Customer Service Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Victorville, CA2018, augusztus 19.
great workplace, nice co-workers, great establishment all around. I loved working here to bad it was temporary but I really enjoyed the short time I was there.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Good company
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Erie, PA2018, augusztus 16.
This was my first job. Barnes and Noble is slowly dissolving and it's unlikely it will survive as a company much longer. They consistently close stores and throw under qualified management into their remaining stores. If it were not for my previous manager, I would still be employed with the company.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Customer service
Customer Service Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2018, augusztus 11.
I really enjoyed working for Barnes and Noble. I worked as a sales associate. I stocked merchandise, completed sales/cash transactions, assisted customers and helped with store events. It was fun. The pay and hours were good.
Great place!!
Customer Service Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waterloo, IA2018, augusztus 7.
B&N offers a very friendly and professional work culture. Management is wonderful and always a pleasure to work with. Unfortunately there are not that many chances for advancements and with recent changes, hours have been drastically reduced.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
For a retail store, it's a fun place to work at but salary is low
Customer Service Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Huntington Beach, CA2018, augusztus 7.
It's fun to work at Barnes & Nobles but the pay is very low and little job advancement. The managers are very friendly with you and keep things professional as well. They sometimes pressure you to sell memberships but they do it in a positive way and not in a negative way. Which works because if it was negative pressure, we wouldn't be getting any memberships. Co-workers are all good friends outside of Barnes and Noble. Culture in the store is really fun and friendly. Sometimes customers can be rude but you shouldn't let that get to you. You're mostly walking and standing up. In your shift you're either in Receiving, Customer Information Desk, Kids Dept, or Cashiering.
Pro érvek
friendly co-workers who eventually become your friends, friendly and professional managers, positive environment and culture
Kontra érvek
low pay per hour, very low advancement opportunities, customers can be rude sometimes
just ok
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, augusztus 7.
The manager was inconsiderate most times. There is no respect and growth opportunities for members of the lower staff. Overall it was not a great experience working there.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Good first Job
Customer Service representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2018, augusztus 2.
Great for people who love books who a just getting into the work force. However, it does not provide a livable wage for customer service/book sellers. Salaries need to increased. Great people work there! All are interesting and passionate and love the store. Doesn't feel like working in a chain.
Don't
Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, SC2018, július 30.
Unless you go to the school that the Barnes and Noble is in then you are very highly suggested to stay away. terrible place to be at and terrible place to work and the perks are discounts on school supplies so unless you are still in school stay away
Awesome place to work
Customer service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fresno, CA2018, július 24.
I had a wonderful experience working at Barnes and Noble. My coworkers were great and everyone treated each other like family. I chose to leave for personal reasons, but not because of management or anything. Holidays would get pretty crazy busy, but the hours were better during then. Pay is minimum wage.
book learning
CSA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Conway, AR2018, július 12.
work with friendly people who helped teach you how to do different jobs, it helped me understand more about subjects i didn't know everything about and a great environment.
Side Cash, Not Long Term
Bookseller/Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Township of Brick, NJ2018, június 26.
BN is great for the sense of community if you find yourself in the right store. The employee discount is pretty awesome, and employee appreciation weeks push that even more. Being able to work with a select clientele rather than your "normal" retail heps as well.
BN is good for a starter job or a part time, just-need-some-extra-cash position.

BUT:
The hours are constantly being cut due to budget, but everyone is expected to work three times their ability since corporate got rid of all full time positions aside from management. Pay rate is poor at best - being offered next to nothing. Benefits/sick time/etc only for full timers. Constantly working on a skeleton crew.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Corporate has destroyed the nice working environment at Barnes and Noble.
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Scottsdale, AZ2018, június 18.
My coworkers and managers at my store were great and treated me well. However, when it came to corporate, they were constantly piling more impossible demands onto low level workers because their company is failing. Secret shoppers have become the biggest priority which leads to pressure on employees for overenthusiastic customer service that only alienates customers. Who wants to be asked if they need help by 10 different people? The concentration on memberships and email captures makes genuine interaction with customers feel strained.
They recently cut thousands of full-time non managerial positions, positions that they had previously ensured those employees were secure. Many of these people had been working with Barnes and Noble for over 10 years. On a corporate level, Barnes and Noble doesn't care about its employees in its stores. As they cut full time careers, part time workers and a few managers are left to pick up the slack for abhorrently low pay.
discount
terrible pay, corporate pressure
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van