Barnes & Noble-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Customer Service Representative

214 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 797 értékelés megtekintése
book learning
CSA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Conway, AR2018, július 12.
work with friendly people who helped teach you how to do different jobs, it helped me understand more about subjects i didn't know everything about and a great environment.
Side Cash, Not Long Term
Bookseller/Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Township of Brick, NJ2018, június 26.
BN is great for the sense of community if you find yourself in the right store. The employee discount is pretty awesome, and employee appreciation weeks push that even more. Being able to work with a select clientele rather than your "normal" retail heps as well.
BN is good for a starter job or a part time, just-need-some-extra-cash position.

BUT:
The hours are constantly being cut due to budget, but everyone is expected to work three times their ability since corporate got rid of all full time positions aside from management. Pay rate is poor at best - being offered next to nothing. Benefits/sick time/etc only for full timers. Constantly working on a skeleton crew.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Corporate has destroyed the nice working environment at Barnes and Noble.
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Scottsdale, AZ2018, június 18.
My coworkers and managers at my store were great and treated me well. However, when it came to corporate, they were constantly piling more impossible demands onto low level workers because their company is failing. Secret shoppers have become the biggest priority which leads to pressure on employees for overenthusiastic customer service that only alienates customers. Who wants to be asked if they need help by 10 different people? The concentration on memberships and email captures makes genuine interaction with customers feel strained.
They recently cut thousands of full-time non managerial positions, positions that they had previously ensured those employees were secure. Many of these people had been working with Barnes and Noble for over 10 years. On a corporate level, Barnes and Noble doesn't care about its employees in its stores. As they cut full time careers, part time workers and a few managers are left to pick up the slack for abhorrently low pay.
discount
terrible pay, corporate pressure
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Great company losing to Amazon
Bookseller/Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Valparaiso, IN2018, június 14.
A wonderful company to work for, generally attracting intelligent, hardworking and cultured individuals. Unfortunately, as with all retail, the E-commerce giant looms over this great company.
Pro érvek
The people, the discount, the culture.
retail
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you love books, don't work here
Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lancaster, PA2018, május 29.
I have always enjoyed my time at Barnes. I have worked in 3 different locations (with one location standing out as being the best workplace I have ever been in) and they have all been enjoyable. I highly recommend booklovers to pursue a part-time career at Barnes, however, as a book lover myself, it can be hard to stay away from all the books.
Unfortunately Going Downhill
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Milford, CT2018, május 13.
I originally got the job because I loved books. It was my first job, and I didn't think I would leave until after college. The first few years were great, but as of 2017 a lot of things changed. The company began to move in a direction that was more based on selling. Which is fine, but they were unwilling or unable to provide the staff necessary to make what they wanted to happen actually happen. Staff were required to only "sell" to customers during most of the workday. No putting away products, cleaning, or even standing at the customer service desk for too long. When the shipment came in, you weren't allowed to touch it until after 4pm when the store closed at 10, and they wanted it all done by 8 or 9. This would all be with two employees working on the floor on a good day. On top of cleaning the entire store, selling to customers, and answering phones, one person had to do all of the shipment. It got out of control. Add in apathetic management that didn't want to help with anything, only complain about how difficult their jobs were while sitting down and texting, and it wasn't an easy place to work. I still love Barnes & Noble. If things had been better, I would have stayed. But it wouldn't be possible now.
It was ok
Customer Service/Sales (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2018, május 11.
Boring during some hours but too much of a push to sell memberships. I liked that I could go to school and still have a job. Had favoritism towards who got the most hours.
Loved It
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Center Valley, PA2018, május 9.
Everything was awesome at this job. The people, the customers. Management was fair. If it was still feasible I would be there now.
However, I don't recommend this to anyone who is addicted to reading. So many books certainly not enough time or money.
books
books
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Bookseller
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cleveland, OH2018, május 9.
The job was okay. As a temporary job, I had a month of time to just walk around 7 to 8 hours a day with no time to sit and being in pain from all the constant walking and bending. '

I know with a system they want people to be on the floor at all times but i think i could be treated as a library. Most people aren't afraid to go up to a worker if they need something, but instead you have to be on your feet and on guard and it's just tiring sometimes.
Kontra érvek
too much time on your feet
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Metairie, LA2018, május 8.
I had a blast working there. It's hard to say anything bad about the job. It seemed like the company really cared about you and tried its best to take care of you. It's customer service, so you occasionally get a crazy customer.
Stability
Customers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Back stabbing management who only cares about stock holders
outstanding customer service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boston, MA2018, április 29.
The once great company which turned on its dedicated,most knowledgeable, best working veterans and threw them out with security.
The District Manager pits people against people for her enjoyment.
And if you call HR to complain, they refer you back to her.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company not willing to advance with the times
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lyndhurst, NJ2018, április 18.
Company relies on antiquated systems to maintain small profit margin in a world that relies on technology. Company lays off often to compensate for lost of profitability.
Some people, benefits
Time off, Senior Management without college education, lack of foresight
Munkahelyi kultúra
A company that cares more about the bottom line than their employees
Bookseller/Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Augustine, FL2018, április 17.
When I started working at Barnes & Noble, I was excited to work for a company that seemed to work hard to create a positive experience for both customers and employees. But over the last decade, I've seen staff, hours, and benefits get cut and positions be eliminated. The company is clearly trying to do the same amount of work with fewer employees, which leaves everyone stressed and unhappy. We all do the best we can, and most of the time, customers appreciate that. I have the privilege of working with some great people, and when things are running smoothly, everyone is happy. Ultimately, it's retail, so the kind of day you have depends a lot on the customers. Just be prepared to hear a lot of people say "I'll just order it off Amazon."

If you love books, it's a great place to see what's new, and talk to like-minded individuals, and employees are allowed to "check out" hardcover titles to read for 2 weeks. They also get a 50% discount on drinks and food in the cafe, which is unquestionably everyone's favorite perk. If you're looking for medical benefits though, they're only offered to full time employees now, and there are exceedingly few full time positions left.
50% cafe discount, 30% discount on books
Kontra érvek
No benefits, variable hours, low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
It a great place for first time workers.
Bookseller/Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Norfolk, VA2018, április 17.
very laid back and easy going, not very demanding, but there is busy work. Mostly shelving books in proper order and helping customers with their questions.
store discounts
Kontra érvek
hard to move up in the company
Booksellers are the best
Customer Service Lead (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Washington State2018, április 16.
I have enjoyed my time at Barnes and Noble. I have enjoyed learning so much about book selling. There were always options for advancement and it was a fun working environment. Hours as a full time were always guaranteed and I was provided time off. Running events for the community was wonderful. Sometimes the management could be hard to communicate with.
Decent Job
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Warwick, RI2018, április 16.
Overall Barnes and Noble was ok. Management seemed pretty willing to accommodate my class schedule when I was employed there part-time during college.
Munkahelyi kultúra
wish they could have paid me enough to stay
Music/Media seller, customer service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hampton, VA2018, április 2.
wish they could have paid me enough to stay. management was awesome, but they gave me no livable hours, even after nearly five years. Discounts were nice, but i cant pay my bills or feed my children with ten bucks and hours and less than 30 hours a week.
never no many hours
never enough pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Barnes & Noble is not a stable place to work since they are laying off.
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lyndhurst, NJ2018, március 28.
Barnes & Noble is not a stable place to work since they are laying off.
When they lay you off, they make you pack your desk that day and walk you out of the building.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most enjoyable part of the job
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  DeWitt, NY2018, március 27.
Working with books and people who enjoy books as much as you do. Most of my co-wokers are kind, funny, easy and comfortable to work with. My store manager is one of the nicest people I have ever known.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love books and other duties, setting up displays etc.
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bethesda, MD2018, március 19.
My typical was 4-6 hours per day, 3-4 days per week. More hours during the holiday season. How many different types of authors, topics and other related products were offered in store. Management was very helpful and instructive. Workplace culture was quick paced and positive. Hardest part of the job was covering more than one duty at a time ex. doing displays and running a register at the same time. People were the most enjoyable part of the position.
Pro érvek
Discounts and the atmosphere of a busy book store.
Kontra érvek
Losing hours do the upcoming closure of this location.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van