Barnes & Noble-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Cashier

153 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 916 értékelés megtekintése
Productive and fun
Cashier/Cafe (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Glastonbury, CT2018, október 4.
I love working at Barnes and Noble, they schedule well and are able to work around my college classes. Only issues are benefits and the pay I'm getting isn't enough to pay the bills. Love my workers and managers, the environment.
Atmosphere and People
Benefits and Pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for.
Music salesmen/ Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsford, NY2018, szeptember 10.
Great Place for Employment in the Customer service field. Customers are generally friendly, Staff is great to work with. You will be on your feet your entire shift. Shifts can go quickly.
During Slow season hours can be very limited for employees.
Pro érvek
Discount on Cafe, Great staff, Friendly management.
limited hours, standing.
Not fun at all
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dearborn, MI2018, augusztus 4.
Would not recommend to work here, the manager’s were not very nice they would throw you under the bus even if you didn’t mess up. The coworkers were the only good thing about working here
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and positive work space
Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, július 30.
The work environment is a very friendly one. We work as a team to help build eachother up and we are always working toward making a positive work space.
Fun Place to Work
Bookseller/Cashier (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Somerset, KY2018, július 3.
Store usually stayed pretty busy and there were people in & out all day so the time went by faster. Always something to be working on. Being on a college campus made for an enjoyable work environment.
enjoyed books
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fresh Meadows, NY2018, június 28.
Working at this company has been a great experience, the problem that I endured was the lack of pay. There is no room for growth in this company. If you are a college student then yes, good first job.
Words don't describe
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pueblo, CO2018, június 3.
Completely disorganized. Employees liked to stand around and chat while I actually worked. The managers constantly berated the actual store manager behind his back and talked about him like he was stupid. Two-faced management.

Scheduled for about 9 hours a week after being told I'd get "around 15" and "up to 30". Was hired to be a barista and NEVER SET FOOT IN THE CAFE - sent directly to cash register. Multiple food safety code violations witnessed in the cafe. Nearly ZERO training on register before being left unattended. "Just call if you need help" they say... then don't show up at the front for 10+ minutes, if they ever do at all.

Terminated for "not meeting goals" after exactly 30 days, which isn't the real story, but prevented me from being eligible for unemployment. Never been fired in my life, but they were looking to get rid of me. Mailed me an envelope full of CASH afterwards.

Shady from top to bottom, especially for a large corporation. No wonder they are dying.
Pro érvek
Higher pay than minimum wage
Kontra érvek
Seriously, just read the review.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
It was an okay job
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2018, május 31.
I didn't really learn anything during my time at Barnes and Noble. This job wasn't as inclusive as my other one, and I only needed it because of money
Pro érvek
Could leave early if you weren't needed anymore
Short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job for college students
Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  College Park, MD2018, április 20.
It was a temporary job. It is a great job for college students. I was a bookseller at the University of Maryland Bookstore for nearly 12 hours a week. I did a lot of stuff inside the bookstore as restocking merchandise, process textbook orders, and cashier and answer customer questions when needed. The hardest job in this bookstore is handling customers complaints, especially busy days such as textbook rush or admissions. The most enjoyable part of the job is restocking merchandise and straightening up, especially slow days.
Pro érvek
20% discount on clothes, textbooks, etc.
Short breaks
Ok
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, április 8.
Ufud6fyxypxhlxylxylcly up upgivupcup u up ylcyl up upchl my ulxly uvupvulcul ypupvypcupcpu up pu yo upc6ocupctocotcuo 69cuo it yoxucyculxyl ylxlt tocupxyo yoxyp
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Despite one bad manager, it was a good place to work
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2018, február 23.
A typical day of work consisted of me helping customers and/or students find textbooks, seeing if students could use financial aid to purchase textbooks, and checking out merchandise. I learned how to use a cash register for merchandise and how to use the computer to find out if someone could use financial aid. The management was OK. One manager was really good, but the other one was kind of rude; the rude manager was sadly much ruder to the female employees than the male employees. The workplace culture was really good. employees tried to hard to make sure everyone enjoyed coming to work. The hardest part of the job was that it was temporary. The most enjoyable part of the job that it was above minimum wage.
above minimum wage
temporary job
Stuck
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Princeton, NJ2018, február 3.
I started the shift by re-shelf ing a number of books, it was intriguing because I learned of new books that were out. Customers were always happy when you found a book they were looking for
50% starbucks
Kontra érvek
can get stuck in retail easy
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Loved this job!
Cashier/Booksller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phenix City, AL2018, január 29.
I loved working here! I loved being around the books and being able help my fellow customers. The manager here was very professional and very considerate of my school schedule.
Great work hours
Decent Job
CASHIER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Maryland2018, január 25.
Flow of customers tend to be slow. It picks up around the beginning of the semester. It's organized and restocking can get heavy, but it's managable..
Typical corporate bunko job
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Baton Rouge2018, január 12.
Working for big companies is always stressful as they're very uptight about their image. If you just keep your head down you'll do well but I didn't like the feeling of being on thin ice all the time. Also my working schedule was different every week which was hard on a student.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, január 2.
Fun workplace. Had opportunity for job growth and learning new skills and possibly a new or different position depending on the opportunities available.
great atmosphere
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jonesboro, AR2017, december 29.
Barnes and Noble is and amazinf place to work. with great coworkers and amazingly ujndertsanding management you cannot go wrong working for this fantastic company
Fun work place.
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2017, december 28.
I love the place I worked at and the people I worked with it was a beyond friendly environment and if I didn't have to move into the city which made commuting impossible i would've stayed.
Not for faint of heart
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  South Carolina2017, december 17.
I really hate to say this, but taking a job at Barnes and Noble was the worst decision I ever made. The hours were too short or too long, there was no in between. I was forced to work at their Starbucks but the application never mentioned this.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, bad management, poorly placed hours, managers took quitting personally
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Eeehh
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Norfolk, VA2017, november 22.
I was there for a short period of time, but it was "ok." There is no wow factor about working there unless you're a book connoisseur (which I am). Management was decent.
Endless reading
Kontra érvek
Pay isn't good, hours are too short
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van