Barnes & Noble-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Cashier

159 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 646 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job for college students
Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  College Park, MD2018, április 20.
It was a temporary job. It is a great job for college students. I was a bookseller at the University of Maryland Bookstore for nearly 12 hours a week. I did a lot of stuff inside the bookstore as restocking merchandise, process textbook orders, and cashier and answer customer questions when needed. The hardest job in this bookstore is handling customers complaints, especially busy days such as textbook rush or admissions. The most enjoyable part of the job is restocking merchandise and straightening up, especially slow days.
Pro érvek
20% discount on clothes, textbooks, etc.
Short breaks
Ok
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, április 8.
Ufud6fyxypxhlxylxylcly up upgivupcup u up ylcyl up upchl my ulxly uvupvulcul ypupvypcupcpu up pu yo upc6ocupctocotcuo 69cuo it yoxucyculxyl ylxlt tocupxyo yoxyp
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Despite one bad manager, it was a good place to work
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2018, február 23.
A typical day of work consisted of me helping customers and/or students find textbooks, seeing if students could use financial aid to purchase textbooks, and checking out merchandise. I learned how to use a cash register for merchandise and how to use the computer to find out if someone could use financial aid. The management was OK. One manager was really good, but the other one was kind of rude; the rude manager was sadly much ruder to the female employees than the male employees. The workplace culture was really good. employees tried to hard to make sure everyone enjoyed coming to work. The hardest part of the job was that it was temporary. The most enjoyable part of the job that it was above minimum wage.
above minimum wage
temporary job
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace with a friendly environment
cashier and restocking textbooks (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  College Station, TX2018, február 21.
Overall a great college job to make some money while attending class. Management is friendly and hours are flexible. Coworkers are bright positive and friendly people.
Stuck
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Princeton, NJ2018, február 3.
I started the shift by re-shelf ing a number of books, it was intriguing because I learned of new books that were out. Customers were always happy when you found a book they were looking for
50% starbucks
Kontra érvek
can get stuck in retail easy
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Loved this job!
Cashier/Booksller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phenix City, AL2018, január 29.
I loved working here! I loved being around the books and being able help my fellow customers. The manager here was very professional and very considerate of my school schedule.
Great work hours
Decent Job
CASHIER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Maryland2018, január 25.
Flow of customers tend to be slow. It picks up around the beginning of the semester. It's organized and restocking can get heavy, but it's managable..
Easy Job for College students
Associate Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Worcester, MA2018, január 22.
If you are looking to keep busy and earn some extra money during your college years, Barnes and Nobles teaches you about up-keeping store layouts, organization of apparel, books, and food items. Plus, you get to deal with a plethora of customers which will grow your experience. Overall, a good company to work part time during college.
Typical corporate bunko job
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Baton Rouge2018, január 12.
Working for big companies is always stressful as they're very uptight about their image. If you just keep your head down you'll do well but I didn't like the feeling of being on thin ice all the time. Also my working schedule was different every week which was hard on a student.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, január 2.
Fun workplace. Had opportunity for job growth and learning new skills and possibly a new or different position depending on the opportunities available.
great atmosphere
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jonesboro, AR2017, december 29.
Barnes and Noble is and amazinf place to work. with great coworkers and amazingly ujndertsanding management you cannot go wrong working for this fantastic company
Fun work place.
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Plains, NY2017, december 28.
I love the place I worked at and the people I worked with it was a beyond friendly environment and if I didn't have to move into the city which made commuting impossible i would've stayed.
Not for faint of heart
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  South Carolina2017, december 17.
I really hate to say this, but taking a job at Barnes and Noble was the worst decision I ever made. The hours were too short or too long, there was no in between. I was forced to work at their Starbucks but the application never mentioned this.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, bad management, poorly placed hours, managers took quitting personally
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Eeehh
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Norfolk, VA2017, november 22.
I was there for a short period of time, but it was "ok." There is no wow factor about working there unless you're a book connoisseur (which I am). Management was decent.
Endless reading
Kontra érvek
Pay isn't good, hours are too short
cool
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2017, november 20.
liked working the morning easy to get in and get out have the rest of the day to yourself. around noon it always got hectic no matter what day it was. Thats what makes the time go by pretty fast
Munkahelyi kultúra
Positive environment, helpful coworkers, strong learning experience
CASHIER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Midland, MI2017, november 10.
The overall environment in Barnes & Noble is calm and positive. Both the customers and coworkers are very enjoyable to work with. There is a lot to learn, as most employees are trained in multiple different jobs within the store. A typical day fluctuates a lot seeing as customers come and go and holiday season brings more in than usual.
Calm environment overall
Kontra érvek
Can quickly become stressful depending on customer flow
Munkahelyi kultúra
Barnes and nobles was a good job
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Akron, OH2017, november 8.
I would totally recommend Barnes and nobles to anyone. All my coworkers were really nice and helpful. My managers were helpful also and very nice. The location was a perfect spot for me and they worked with my school schedule.
discounts
temporary positiions
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Conway, SC2017, október 23.
no benefits and part time hours, the pay was minimum wage. Pretty slow paced work environment. there were not many opportunities to advance in this company
Munkahelyi kultúra
Barnes and Noble was a good place to work
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2017, október 11.
At Barnes and Noble i was mainly a cashier and i learned only about working the registers.I also learned about customer service and successfully making transactions.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Demanding. Stressful. Perhaps a little unfair.
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kahala, HI2017, október 4.
Coworkers tend to be friendly. Management differs in attitude depending on individual. Expectations from management to sell memberships at times seems very aggressive. Not at all a job meant for everyone.
Pro érvek
Chance to work on people skills and appreciation of the those working in retail.
Kontra érvek
At times stressful due to high expectations to sell memberships.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van