Barnes & Noble-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Bookseller

1 072 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 808 értékelés megtekintése
I don't have any
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Garden City, NY2018, július 18.
Just a bookseller in all phases pertaining to the business.

I have nothing more to add. Nothing more to say.

Bookseller. Run all phases of helping students find books. Putting orders through and receiving and shipping out books. PR. Errands for manager.
Good entry level job
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  East Brunswick, NJ2018, július 17.
My co-workers are the only reason working there is worth it. Yes, the discount is a plus, however the pay is barely livable and there is little to no chance for advancement. It's good place to work if you're fresh out of school or need a little something extra but its not somewhere you could stay.
discount
Kontra érvek
no chance for advancement, no pat time benefits
Great place
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Huntsville, AL2018, július 17.
I really enjoyed working here. Sometimes the customers got a bit hard to handle, like if they couldn't think of a book they wanted and would just say, "it was blue" or something stupid like that, but overall it was a really laid back place to work with good colleagues and decent work hours.
discounts, hours, starbucks
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
A former leader currently on life-support.
Lead Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2018, július 17.
While this company never paid very well, the discount on books and other benefits marginally balanced it out. I also enjoyed working with people who were literate, and enjoyed reading. Sadly, the company's leadership has run this ship into the ground.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good atmosphere. Overworked employees.
BOOKSELLER (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Dundee, IL2018, július 17.
A shift at Barnes & Noble was typically relaxed and enjoyable. The hours were flexible, but the longer I worked there the more cuts there were. I was continuously given more responsibility within the workplace and cross-trained in all departments, but received no increase in pay.
Atmosphere, fellow employees
Underpaid
Munkahelyi kultúra
was good for being a student
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2018, július 16.
not too many hours, most weeks i did less that 15 hours total and when i did work it was either very slow paced or non-stop chaotic customers. But overall I enjoyed the experience the people I worked with were pleasant.
Ok
Book seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2018, július 16.
This was a great place to work. Everyone that I encountered there was very professional. It's a shame I had to move or I'd still be working there to this day. Amazing benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You get along with everybody
Part-Time Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  North Little Rock, AR2018, július 16.
The workers are very nice. You feel like you can talk to people. Customers are friendly when they want to be. You have no room to advance. You do not have benefits unless you are full time, which is only managers. You do not get paid time off or paid sick days.
Discounts
No healthcare
Relaxed
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2018, július 15.
Working for Barnes and Noble was great. It was a very relaxed environment and the coworkers were very helpful and understanding. It is a good job for people who love being around books.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
Not many hours available.
Barnes and Noble Bookseller
Part-Time Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Arlington, TX2018, július 14.
As a part-time bookseller at Barnes and Noble Bookseller, I loved my job. I would at the cash register frequently which I enjoyed greatly, as well as in various parts of the store reorganizing and restocking. I especially enjoyed working in the Children's Book Area and helping parents find books for their children. A great deal of time was spent reshelving and straightening books which I found satisfying as I am a very neat person by nature.
Pro érvek
Getting to see all the new arrivals come in and the discount
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Educational
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Florida2018, július 14.
Working at Barnes and Noble is a very educational experience for me. The staff there are friendly and welcome you with open arms. You not only build friendships there but strong bonds that will never be broken. At times the job can be very fast paced while other times it can be quite relaxing.
Flexible Hours
Kontra érvek
Very little pay with inconsistent hours per week
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
BNC-- the ideal college student employment
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Groton, CT2018, július 11.
I love my job at the bookstore. Our campus is small and we don't have much for student affairs, so we are a low volume store with only 3 employees but I would recommend to every college student to apply for their bookstores since it is a convenient and flexible job that is very understanding of the working conditions needed for a healthy college schedule.
flexible
low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
good
College Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Normal, IL2018, július 7.
This was a summer job I head during my undergrad years. The manager was great and provided me with a lot of opportunity to expand my skills and work with students.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun people to work with, not organized enough.
Book Seller, Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Jose, CA2018, július 2.
People are fun to work with, but when the cafe get busy it can be very unorganized. Managers can lack some communication skills or tact when talking about position changes and employee responsibilities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a job for those that need hours and money
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  College Station, TX2018, július 2.
It's very fast-paced in the beginning when every student needs textbooks and then gets slower-paced throughout the rest of the semester. Management was very passive aggressive. Hours weren't scheduled fairly. Liked the coworkers and the discount.
Better Experience
Barista and Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Minneapolis, MN2018, június 30.
Barnes and Noble was certainly a dream job. Though my experience didn't last long I met a lot of good people there. Staffing wasn't always great, but it gave me opportunity to get experience as a bookseller. I was a bookseller in-training and preferred that to working café. Selling books is a great experience. And the benefits of Advanced reader Copies is something I'll always treasure! The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with someone less experienced, or even for myself trying to find a good way to sell memberships. Workplace culture… ehh, management wasn't the best, in-fact they were a big creepy and sometimes a bit high-handed due to the their roles as store-managers. I learned that selling books is what I want to do, for a long time.
Pro érvek
Reduced-pay lunches, good food, Advanced Reader Copies of Books, Customer Experiences and Conversation.
Kontra érvek
Poor Management, Understaffing, Lack-of-Communications, Double-Standards held between management and associates.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Teamwork, Not enough salary for the hours and hectic schedule
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL 606142018, június 29.
Barnes and Noble is great, you make the best of friends in your coworkers and are all mostly supportive of each other. The issue is the hectic schedule, the inconsistent hours, and the low pay. It is minimum wage and for how often we need people and have to go above and beyond to just make it through I think we deserve more pay.
50% off cafe, 30% off books
salary and hours inconsistent
Nice part-time work
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fairless Hills, PA2018, június 28.
It was fun working at Barnes and Noble, but aside from a one-time raise of a dollar back when that sort of thing was (briefly) in vogue, I received little to make my time there worthwhile. Aside from the occasional promise of a promotion somewhere in the future to keep me from quitting, there was really no reason for me to work there long term, despite a chill work environment and the joy of working in a bookstore. The pay, after taxes, was around $7 /hr, and there were no benefits to speak of. If you don't have kids or rent, it's a great job for you. Oddly, there is a high learning curve to working there, which is inconsistent with their turnover rate.
Nice work environment
Kontra érvek
Low pay, little room for advancement, overwhelming feeling of doom as the company dies
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun relaxed place to work
Bookseller/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fairview Heights, IL2018, június 28.
Not overly stressful for a retail job, but selling memberships is pushed and your membership percentages are important. They try to cross train employees in all areas (cash, bookfloor, cafe) so you get experience in different aspects of customer service/retail work.
Great employee discount
Kontra érvek
Hours can be hard to come by in certain times of the year
Munkahelyi kultúra
BandN was a positve work experience
Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Citrus Heights, CA2018, június 28.
Most employees were interested in reading and as such we had a healthy work environment where discussion of books was encouraged. The later time spent working there was more stressful though as the managers would put more pressure on the employees to serve the customers better.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van