Barnes & Noble-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Bookseller

1 105 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 915 értékelés megtekintése
Pretty good part-time job
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bainbridge, GA2018, október 14.
I learned how to multi-task really quickly at Barnes & Nobles as a bookseller. I learned how to use a cash register and ship in and out book orders and etc.
Pro érvek
Discount, was on my college campus, and it was an easy going job
Kontra érvek
Had some trouble with the assistant manager
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
It is a good place
Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cleveland, OH2018, október 10.
It was a good experience to be there, it was one of my job experience in America, so i have learned a lot about the time management, commitment. I have met good people who were helpful to me.
Pro érvek
Team work and hardworking place
Kontra érvek
They like strong and commitment people
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Alright
Cashier and Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Massachusetts2018, október 8.
Didn't mind working. Management makes sure to keep you busy, few customers in store except for mid day Saturday, after church on sundays, or the holiday season.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
An Excellent Temporary Position
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, október 7.
If you love to read and are just looking for a temporary holiday job with decent discounts on lattes, this would be the job for you.
The team was amazing, the customers were well read and quite fun to speak to. The systems were easy to use, and you were paid weekly.
Pro érvek
Books absolutely everywhere, discounts in the cafe, good culture for a temp job
Kontra érvek
not enough breaks, on your feet the whole shift, temp job with extremely low pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
It was nice
Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Detroit, MI2018, szeptember 30.
I worked for a campus bookstore, so it got pretty hectic during the first few weeks of classes, but other than that, it was pretty chill. I mainly worked in the twxt book department.
Discounts!
Rush week customers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was once a great place to work
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Spanish Fort, AL2018, szeptember 28.
Barnes and Noble was once a great place to work! Not anymore. It’s gone from being a bookstore with heart, to a company that doesn’t care about its employees. They won’t hire any full time employees anymore because they don’t want to have to pay benefits. They believe they are going to save themselves 40 million dollars by doing this. The only thing that this will do for them is keep them afloat for a little longer.
You were once great.
R.I.P. Barnes and Noble.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Productive and Carefree Environment
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Geneva, IL2018, szeptember 28.
The store in Geneva Commons is a quick paced environment. It is important to be on task and do several things at once. One must work on a project and help customers in person and on the phones. Management will keep you on track of the projects and customer service for the day. The employees are friendly and will answer any questions new employees have. If you enjoy reading, this is the place for you.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
A hard place
Bookseller/Receiver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, szeptember 25.
Barnes and Noble in downtown DC (no longer in business) was a difficult place to work. It kept you on your toes because of it's location. In addition to that, we had so many different personalities to work with on a daily basis that it was hard to know how to approach people.

The management left much to be desired. The general manager did not listen to the regional manager and this caused problems when it came to inventory.

The best part of the job was suggesting and finding books for customers who weren't sure what to read, and to later learn that they loved the title you chose for them.

The worst part were those who came in and took out their anger on you.
Pro érvek
Seeing new book arrivals, book signings
Kontra érvek
Short lunches, some of the managers were not good with people
Communication needs improvement
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  NJ2018, szeptember 24.
I really do enjoy the job, but I have found that there's a lack of communication. Especially when it comes to scheduling. You give your availability as well as informing them of any dates you're not available - BEFORE the schedule is made. Then you see you are scheduled on some of those days. Acting M.O.D. tells you to speak to another employee to see if they can switch days with you. Wait. It's not like i just requested the day. It was put in writing BEFORE the schedule was made! And the dust....my allergies have flared up big time. It's great to straighten up and organize the store every night, but the store is in need of a cleaning.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fast paced and fun environment
Bookseller/Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2018, szeptember 20.
the managers are flexible with your hours. Everyone is always so happy and has a positive attitude. Its such a nice place to work and grow your job career.
Cut-throat and unstable
TEMPORARY TEXTBOOK BOOKSELLER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pullman, WA2018, szeptember 18.
When I worked at the Bookie during the August student rush I enjoyed interacting with my fellow employees, however there was always an underlying tension since we knew that out of the 50 they had hired that they would only keep 12. We competed on the daily for the best compliments from customers, and it made it difficult to ask for help for fear that they might take the good review that could get you a job for the next year. At the end of the term they suddenly told people that they were no longer needed and were expected to leave. I felt this was incredibly rude as I felt they could have easily talk with each of us the week before to let us know if we were staying or leaving so we could start looking for the next job.
20% discount on textbooks
Kontra érvek
constant stress over whether they will need you the next day/week
Munkahelyi kultúra
Many changes at Barnes & Noble.
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Clackamas, OR2018, szeptember 18.
A lot has changed at Barnes & Noble since I was hired. It is no longer the company that I started with. Some of the changes have created a trickle down toxic environment.
Co-workers
Company wide changes.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Forced part time with little ability to move up unless willing to relocate or change job titles
Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roseville, CA2018, szeptember 18.
Pay and hours leave workers unable to pay for their cost of living, the work is stressful and often unrewarding. Corporate quotas leave even the most efficient of us feeling unappreciated and lacking. Upper management does not want to hear, and refuses to understand the position and opinions of employees. Cut hours and lead positions leaves stores understaffed and stressed; however, same quotas and sales goals apply. When work goes undone due to poor staffing, understaffed and busy stores are seen as an excuse rather than an explanation.
Pro érvek
discounts on cafe and book products
Kontra érvek
poor pay, no benefits, short breaks, stressful work environment, little upward mobility
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Productive and fun workplace
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Topeka, KS2018, szeptember 13.
My typical day at work started with stocking new books and continued with customer service, while being prepared to assist my colleagues at the cash register.
I learned new skills in multitasking, communication and effective teamwork.
The management team does a terrific job in making sure that everything runs smoothly, while at the same time ensuring that all employees treat each other fairly and feel comfortable in the work environment.
The workplace culture passionately follows the principles of honesty, integrity and service and strives every day to become an even more successful company.
The hardest part of the job is when only very few employees are available and it becomes challenging to keep everything running smoothly.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to work together with a team of dedicated and supportive associates and making meaningful connections.
Pro érvek
Free lunches, competitive pay, product discount
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a dream to be working with people who liked books and coffee.
Barnes and Noble Bookseller and cafe (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dothan, AL2018, szeptember 13.
The managers were always apologizing about the poor pay that they had to work with. I would still be working there had it not been for the salary. At that time, I was afraid not to have health care and the salary alone was not enough to truly live a quality life on your own.
THat's the only reason that I left.

The workplace was great. You can always smell cofffees, cookies, books etc. People are generally in a good mood and just need a little help figuring out what it is that they want or need. All associates were helpful fun and eager to please.

We all had to be able to do each job. My lease favorite was the cafe floor and the end of the day or cleaning bathrooms. I did it though; all of us did.
Pro érvek
Being around people who were excited about books and food.
Kontra érvek
Very low salary. That mattered at the time. Not anymore.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
A Fun Place To Work
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  McLean, VA2018, szeptember 12.
Working in a bookstore is always a fun job for me. It affords me the opportunity to not only become familiar with previously unknown tome books, but also to interact with people, customers and colleagues, who enjoy those books and are knowledgeable in those fields. Working at Barnes & Noble afforded me that opportunity, as well as offering me a fun and flexible workplace.
Pro érvek
Being around books, music, and movies. Like minded colleagues.
Low wages, dress code.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work if you're OK with retail hours
Lead Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roseville, MN2018, szeptember 11.
As far as retail jobs go, B&N is one of the best. If you love reading, talking about books, being around book lovers, etc., it's a great place to spend a day.
As a full-time bookseller, I had to spend a certain amount of time working the cash register or information desk, or walking the floor straightening shelves or putting books away. Also, I was in charge of maintaining certain areas of the store, which meant setting up planned promotional shelves, endcaps, or tables, or restocking inventory.
The biggest drawbacks are the odd hours...working nights and weekends...and the occasional difficult customer. But that's part of any retail job, and readers are usually good people so they're not a super common sight.
Pro érvek
Discount, relaxed atmosphere, fun people
Odd hours, difficult customers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sad to see what it's become
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kalamazoo, MI2018, szeptember 9.
High expectations on part time employees (and everyone is part time), more work than time to do it, horrible training, bad morale, stressful. There is incredible pressure to sell over priced memberships which customers are sick of hearing about. Left alone to do the job almost right away with little training from an outdated book. They get mad when you limit your availability but they only offer 20 hours and no benefits so how are people to live unless they have another job?
Pro érvek
the people I worked with were nice
Kontra érvek
no benefits, low pay, difficult work conditions
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Barnes & Noble
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Plano, TX2018, szeptember 9.
The atmosphere is congenial, and while there is work to do, it is not backbreaking or stressful, and it does help make the time go faster. Also, employees are allowed breaks and time for lunch.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Very friendly work environment
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Louisville, KY2018, szeptember 8.
On a typical busy day, we usually have a lot of customers come in to purchase their books and so it is essential that you be quick in finding books and other things they or even help multiple customers to help to their satisfaction.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van