Barnes & Noble-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Bookseller

849 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Great Part-Time Job
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reno, NV2017, december 14.
I loved this job a LOT. I had a lot of fun working at Barnes & Noble, but the store manager that took over shortly after I started was utterly awful. She was the WORST. I was determined to out-live her at the company, and I did, so once we got a new store manager, I was out. Great coworkers, great customers, great experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed this job as a part-time job and had fun with my coworkers while working in a continually fast-paced and fun environment.
Barista/Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Jose, CA2017, december 14.
My experience at this company was positive, and I enjoyed the fast-paced retail and cafe environment of the location. I had great experiences with the customers and became friends with my coworkers. I was able to continue my skills as a barista while I was attending a local college.
Great discount, lovely coworkers
Kontra érvek
Rare advancement, low hourly wages
I loved working at Barnes and Noble
Sales Associate / Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tupelo, MS2017, december 14.
This has been one of my favorite jobs. I am an avid reader and therefore enjoyed working in a bookstore. The management and the staff worked well with one another. They were flexible with scheduling and willing to work with you on your schedule.
Books
Low pay
Just another retail job.
Bookseller and Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Long Beach, CA2017, december 13.
While the assumption about working at Barnes & Noble is positively associated with working around books, the fact remains that it is just another retail job. Generally, you feel as if you are putting a lot more effort into your work than you are getting paid for, and numbers and sales are the only thing that matter to the company.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
Not much career advancement, minimum wage, not employee oriented
Unpleasant and Poor Management
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Glendale, CA2017, december 11.
Barnes and Noble was a very difficult place to work at due to the poor management. They were inefficient and struggled to lead employees, often times taking advantage of good employees, and abusing their power.
50% off Starbucks, 30% of Books
Kontra érvek
Horrible Managers, No Motivational Involvement, Little Pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place is great for a student....not for a serious career
Book Seller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wilberforce, OH 453842017, december 11.
There aren't many benefits and the pay is really low, but if you are a college student its adequate pay. It is enough to get you some food, but not enough to pay your bills.
Fun, Lively, Energetic
low pay, low hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
A lot of work goes into making a bookstore great
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  CT2017, december 7.
If you love books and reading this should be a great place to work, although you'll have to do your reading on your own time. It's a common misconception that booksellers hang around and read when there's nothing to do. Actually, there are never enough hours or employees to get all the jobs done and so you're really expected to hustle.

You can expect a typical day to be a lot of running around, or at least walking at a very fast pace-always. Each day is a different challenge. Aside from answering many phone calls, assisting customers in locating their items, placing orders, ringing up purchases at the registers, and keeping the store tidy, you could spend time shelving the never-ending supply of newly arrived merchandise, taking down displays and putting up new displays, dusting the sales floor, making sure all sections are in their correct company-approved order, and assisting customers with trouble-shooting their e-reader devices.

My favorite part of the job: finding just the right book and knowing I've helped the customer, or when a returning customer let me know they enjoyed a recommendation I'd made. Also participating in or directing events for kids and families, like storytimes.

The hardest part: disappointing a customer, for whatever reason, be it that their book is not in stock, their order didn't arrive on time, etc. It can be kind of crazy to see how that might really ruin a person's day.

Another difficulty being seen and felt everywhere is online retailers. They're not going away, though, and all brick-and-mortar stores are struggling to remain relevant. It
  több... can be frustrating to lose sales to the internet after working to assist a customer in locating their item only to have them say they'll order online.  kevesebb
discount on merchandise
Kontra érvek
pushing the membership, competiton with online retailers
Limited Growth
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Savannah, GA2017, december 7.
The work was fine but could be considered very repetitive. The company only hired part time staff so that they wouldn't have to pay for benefits which limits the growth as an employee
Calm environment
Kontra érvek
No benefits, limited growth potential
Seasonal
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Maumee, OH2017, december 6.
I’m working there currently as a seasonal employee. It’s usually pretty busy and everyone is really nice. I can’t work Friday, Saturday, or Monday and they still work with me!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked the job, but felt it could’ve been better had the company not decided to base so much of their focus on the Nook reader.
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  The Woodlands, TX2017, november 30.
I love reading & so a job @ Barnes & Noble was Awesome! Sadly the corporate need to focus on greed made the job less fun. I was good at selling books, but that never mattered as the instructions were to always hawk the Barnes & Noble card & convince people they needed the Nook reader. I do have great appreciation for the Nook, I just feel too much was focused on it & feel I was proved right a few years after I left I heard the reader essentially became part of a different company. As far as the Barnes & Noble card went, I feel it was more of a rip off than an advantage & it really depressed me when the little old folks on fixed incomes that would never actually learn how to use the card to their advantage would ask for the card. While I never told them my opinion ~ I felt guilty. It’s not right to treat people that way & I’m glad I don’t have to sell that card anymore. I think it’s sad that the corporate world chooses to create cash cows like that card rather than just letting good sales people do their job of selling things people want to buy.
Pro érvek
never ending books, no uniforms
Kontra érvek
barnes & noble card, elf on the shelf
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work with great customers
Bookseller/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tigard, OR2017, november 30.
I enjoy working with Customers at Barnes & Noble. Helping Customers find books, helping children pick out a book to read and the flexible hours are the perks working at Barnes & Noble.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Enjoyable workplace
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2017, november 27.
Most days are spent working either at the cashwrap or on the sales floor. Cashiers are required to pitch the Membership program to all customers and request email addresses. Working on the sales floor mostly consists of helping customers, general store upkeep, and helping put out product.
The atmosphere is pretty relaxed and the management and workers are all great. Most of the time, it's a pretty low stress job. I wish there were more incentives to go beyond the base expectations.
Raises are only available annually and there isn't a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. If you're looking for career progression, this probably isn't a great choice.
Overall though, it's a great place to work in the short term, but you will probably have to go elsewhere to advance in the retail world.
Pro érvek
Great management, great coworkers, low stress, PTO for some part timers, discounts
Kontra érvek
No opportunity for advancement, no incentives for extra effort, in the middle of culture shift
Productive and fun place
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2017, november 26.
One of the best jobs I've had thus far! Management was amazing, and I loved all of my coworkers! If I didn't know something there was always someone around to help me, and the hardest part about the job was trying to sell the credit card.
Great discount
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very well organized work place
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Emeryville, CA2017, november 21.
I love Barnes and nobles , it was very calm and collective they pay was great and the costumer service was awesome if your into books that's a great job
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
They are okay
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Augustine, FL2017, november 20.
The place is alright. The management could use a kick in the pants. They like to get people from outside to take jobs from the internal employees who deserve the promotions way more.
Discounts
Low pay, no advancement
Loved working here
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chula Vista, CA2017, november 20.
My first job was working at Barnes and Noble, and I never hated going to work. My coworkers were awesome and I helping people with any book inquiries that they had.
work
book seller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Columbia, SC2017, november 17.
If there's nothing to do or if business is too slow; they start cutting hours which cuts pay and your already making minimum wage so..just keep that in mind
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I wouldn't work here again.
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boulder, CO2017, november 10.
Even if I was desperate I wouldn't work here again. One week I would work 28 hours and the next week I would work 10. The only good part was using dayforce to pick up shifts. Otherwise, don't work here unless you absolutely need something out of it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
Excellent Environment, Easy Work, Pay Is Not Great
Part Time Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Omaha, NE2017, november 7.
I've worked at Barnes and Noble little over a year but I would not quit unless I absolutely had to. The people I work with are all amazingly intelligent and kind individuals, all with a unique personality. This is the first job I've worked where I haven't experienced any drama because the people I work with recognize that bickering will not help us grow as a team. Management is on point and cares deeply for their employees and though there is the typical corporate touch that brings a little annoyance to the job, overall it is a wonderful place to work. The only downside to the job is that the pay is not great and I won't blame the company for that. Unfortunately book stores are struggling to survive in the onslaught of online retail. Even then I have received more pay raises unprompted than at a retail establishment I worked at for 4+ years that is thriving. They care about their employees and their happiness. The job itself is not terribly exciting but if you love books and talking to people that are passionate about reading, you'll fit right in.
Pro érvek
Love my customers and coworker, the work is interesting and management cares for their employees
Low pay
The great divided
Bookseller/Cashier/Customer Serv. Rep (Volt alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA 191032017, november 6.
Favoritism, insider hiring, low pay, inconvenient scheduling. However its always great to work with books, great discount in cafe and on sales floor. Events are not outrages!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés