Barnes & Noble-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Barista

an experience
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chino Hills, CA2018, február 13.
As the little time i worked there, i knew i didn't belong there. The manager made me feel uncomfortable, i wore a hijab then so i knew many were to fond about it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Great People, little advancements
Cashier, Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Moorestown, NJ2018, február 8.
The coworkers are usually amazing people but the benefits are few. You do get 30-50% off on stuff, which is nice. But the low pay isn't worth the eight hours on your feet. Recently Barnes and Noble has taken to removing full-time positions, or at least leaving them unfilled. We don't have a cafe lead or a receiving person anymore, and we haven't been given the okay to actually fill the positions with someone else.
30% off on books and 50% off on food, Check-out system for new books
Kontra érvek
Understaffed even by one person will lead to struggles for the rest of the day
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Wonderful work envioment
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Elizabethtown, KY2018, február 7.
This is one of the best jobs I have ever had. The people that I work with are always friendly and we get along great. I feel as if I have developed my own little family while working there.
great
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Torrance, CA2018, február 5.
work at cafe, great manager, great people, love my employees, love that we are like a family, just sometimes it get stressful, and hectic and you get no help, they are sometimes cutting hours so , would like to at least work longer hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
A Nice Seasonal Job
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Des Moines, IA2018, február 2.
As you would expect from the largest book retailer in the US, Barnes and Noble employees are well-read, pop culture familiar, and friendly. The work environment is generally a quiet one, much like a library, however behind the scenes, planograms and competitive cashier goals foster a sense of haste and ambition.

From a barista's perspective (mine), the store is generally quite peaceful, sometimes even painfully slow - but the holidays are something of a war zone. The cafe's small team however works fluidly, having been chosen specifically to work well together they are friendly, drama free, and quick to help one another. Working with the Barnes and Noble Cafe was perfect for what I needed at the time, although the paycheck was small the time was well spent in a very happy and agreeable environment. I would have loved to go back, if only their were more opportunities for advancement.
Pro érvek
friendly team environment and some of the most agreeable customers in retail
Kontra érvek
no holidays off, always changing schedule
Pretty fun
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Memphis, TN2018, január 31.
Never gets too boring, there's always something to do. Definitely not the best place to work, but far from the worst. As long as you work at a steady space, and keep that customer welcoming smile on a swivel you'll do fine.
Numerous discounts
Mostly short shifts.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Great place to work.
Bookseller/Cashier/Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bowie, MD2018, január 31.
Great Company.
Great atmosphere.
Very diverse.
Benefits are good if you're full-time.
Most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the fact that everyone feels like family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Awesome coworkers and friendly management
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cheyenne, WY2018, január 30.
I truly love Barnes and Noble, not only because I'm an avid reader, but because its a relaxed and friendly environment. I highly recommend applying to Barnes and Noble if you're looking for a productive yet friendly work place.
Coworkers and management
Kontra érvek
Only part-time, low oppertunities for advancement
Fun atmosphere, friendly co-workers
Cafe Worker/Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Thousand Oaks, CA2018, január 27.
I worked part-time and for a short while in only one department, so cannot comment on larger picture, but I liked working at this Barnes and Noble and would recommend it as a future job site.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A sinking ship is better than drowning
Barista etc (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  California2018, január 24.
The company is not on track to last much longer, so don't try to make a career out of it. Treat a job here as an alternative to unemployment, because it's not much better. They have ridiculously low pay (my current location is short of the state minimum). The company refuses to allow enough payroll hours to the stores, so we are left short-staffed and overwhelmed almost every day. The thought behind cutting payroll is the same as the old "No Child Left Behind" program, so if the store makes more money, they're allowed more payroll. Obviously, if a patient is dying you would expect the hospital to refuse medical assistance until said patient has managed to operate on his or her self.
Pro érvek
Coworkers are some of the best people you'll ever meet
Customers
Wonderful Environment
Barista/Cafe Server (Volt alkalmazott) –  Muskegon, MI2018, január 24.
Great place to work, staff are the best at almost every location. Corporate side has been on the downfall however, which is why I've decided to move on. I do recommend Barnes and Noble to new workers who dont want too many hours on their plate. The discount is really amazing and you feel at home while working.
Lots of Breaks, Calm Atmosphere
Not enough hours, Low pay
Positive work enviorment
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Township of Brick, NJ2018, január 23.
Barnes & Noble is a wonderful place to work as a starter job. Though they do have room for advancement eventually in the future as positions open up to the workers, mostly hiring from within.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great environment but not the best pay
Barista and Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2018, január 23.
Could definitely pay better for their baristas. Hours are flexible and management is great. People are the best, but the pay is next to nothing. I work harder then a normal Starbucks worker and get paid practically half
Great Schedule
The pay is awful
Horrible place to work
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Salem, NH2018, január 19.
Management would have no problem going behind your back and cutting your hours if you had an altercation with them. Little to no respect from management. Don't get me wrong there were definitely some amazing managers who I worked with, but the other awful ones left a mark and made me dread every shift. To the point where I would feel worthless and not even part of their "team".
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive with a great atmosphere
Barista/Cashier/Server (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Edison, NJ2018, január 13.
The people you work with are so patient and tolerant because they know there is a lot to grasp at first when you start. At first it will feel overwhelming but the moment you get the hang of things, your confidence will build up and you will be looking forward to learning more and more, and become even more useful.
Fast paced job
Barista/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Newnan, GA2018, január 11.
Barnes n Noble Café is a good job for part timers. If you are still in school or not scheduling is done if not two weeks in advance one. When working you must be punctual and willing to work. The line gets long and it can be stressful but by all means its a great job!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I wish they would offer a competitive wage
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bowie, MD2018, január 9.
A competitve wage makes it much easier to put all your focus on the task at hand instead of worrying about how many hours you will need to pay your bills. at the time i made almost half of what a starbucks barista made even though I had to make all the same drinks and even more food than starbucks
A nice place to work
BARISTA (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, január 5.
It was a nice place to work,the managers are kind and caring and they offer cross training when a person is fully trained in their job assignments a great place for part-time work,
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Fun and entertaining job
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fairlawn, OH2018, január 3.
A typical day included taking customers food and drink orders, baking, and cleaning around the cafe and in the dining room. It's a great place to work with great co-workers and super fun!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work but not for people who get stressed
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lincoln, NE2017, december 19.
Barnes and Noble is an amazing place to work. I mean being surrounded with books? How can you not love that? The coworkers and managers are all lovely people. However various promotions and holidays will cause the tore to be swarmed with large lines and no end in sight. This leads to grumpy customers and can have anxious people tied in knots, and that is why you must be able to keep a level head and a sunny disposition at all times. The pay is minimum wage but that is fair for a barista position, however you can't have a tip jar unlike most baristas. The stress can cause a lot of people to quit their first week. Because of this there is usually lots of opportunities to pick up more shifts. I personally like the fast paced environment it keeps me on my toes.
Pro érvek
lovely coworkers, check out books, employee discount, employee appreciation week
Kontra érvek
grumpy customer, minimum wage, no tip jar

Átfogó minősítés