Barnes & Noble-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Barista

305 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 654 értékelés megtekintése
ok place to work
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Asheville, NC 288052018, május 25.
The Barnes and Noble Cafe is an ok place to work. The people and position can provide a fun work environment. However, this is the only Barista position I've had that doesn't allow tips. so you will probably earn minimum wage.
Fun and fast paced
Cashier/Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kennewick, WA2018, május 21.
Barnes and Noble was fast paced but very laid back. Once you got the flow of things it became fairly easy to work. Its a perfect job for anyone. Especially if you love books
Ok place
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bronx, NY2018, május 20.
Okay place to work but needs more pay and more hours management was very good to the workers very understanding and fair workplace was kind of stressful
Slow paced
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Bruno, CA2018, május 10.
Typical day was opening the store, baking, prepping, and display management. Worst part of the job was hands down the management. They treated employees awful, wrecked work when an employee didn't finish on time. Another manager was constantly saying terrible things about almost every employee.
Relaxing
Best Place I Have Worked
Cafe Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Midland, TX2018, május 4.
The Barnes and Noble in Midland was one of the best work experiences I have had so far. I loved the people I worked with and the management. They try very hard to work with you on scheduling and any life events that may come up.
Benefits for part-time
Short lunch break
Munkahelyi kultúra
Poor work environment, management does not care
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tyler, TX2018, május 4.
This would have been a good job had the manager cared about doing more than the absolute bare minimum. The people hired while I was there ended up being terrible and then ended up being fired because the manager only cared about having a warm body in the positions instead of looking into hiring good employees. He did not care if the store was severely understaffed. The easiest part of the job was dealing with the customers and the most difficult was dealing with management. It is very obvious that the company is slowly dwindling and going under by how little they pay their employees and how they only offer benefits to their full-time employees.
Pro érvek
Discounts on books and Nooks and things
Management, work environment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun work place with a tight knit team who is always willing to accept new employees!
Cashier/Bookseller/Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbus, GA2018, május 3.
I always enjoyed going into work. Over all, it is a pretty quiet atmosphere with the occasional riveting conversation between a customer and an employee about the latest book release. I learned a lot about how to care for customers and balance a lot of different tasks at once. The management team is always training and preparing employees to move up in their status with the company. That is perhaps both the most difficult and most rewarding part of the job.
Pro érvek
frequent free lunches, large break room with lockers and locks, fun atmosphere on the floor
short breaks, short hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Love this place
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jensen Beach, FL2018, május 3.
This is a great place to work, laid back and everyone is friendly. Lots of independence and some awesome food options compared to the typical Starbucks. Also discounts on books!
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you love books and coffee you'll be alright
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Murfreesboro, TN2018, április 29.
A great place to be if you like books. However, you are often working alone in the cafe, but back up is available. Lots of things to remember pertaining to baking pastries and making coffee.
Pro érvek
good discount on books and food
Kontra érvek
detailed work, repetitive background music
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed workplace if work done right
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miramar, FL2018, április 27.
The workers are very friendly. Makes working at Barnes & Noble bearable, but be sure to do your tasks. They will get on your case, if needed. Learning the drink recipes are easy after a week or two, and the "rush" isn't that bad. I've seen/worked worse.
Chill but Sometimes too Corporate
Barista and Server (Volt alkalmazott) –  Seattle, WA2018, április 19.
I liked working here. All my coworkers were chill the management was decent although they would sometimes get worked up over sales which is understandable but for a PT college student I didn't care enough to feel bad that we weren't selling because of Amazon. Most of the money is coming from the books so I don't know why they'd pressure the Barista's into upselling .40 cent coffee cups.
My experience at Barnes and Nobles
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburg, CA2018, április 18.
Show up for my shift, put my apron on and do what needs to be done, whether that is restocking cups, shelves, or baked goods ect. Take customer orders, cashier and clean up the cafe. Management was decent and organized. Workplace culture was very open. Hardest part of the job was balancing baking with helping customers. The most enjoyable part was seeing many familiar faces on the daily, working beside sweet and fun coworkers and working in a family built environment.
Pro érvek
sweet coworkers, chill work environment
A nice part-time job.
Barista and Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dayton, OH2018, április 17.
I loved absolutely everyone I worked with ar B&N, the management was friendly as well as the coworkers and they were always very understanding. Its not a place that will pay for rent but it is a nice part-time job
Pro érvek
discounts on books and food
not a lot of hours
Good transition job
BARISTA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lewisburg, PA2018, április 17.
My job at Barnes & Noble was a temporary, part-time, summer job. The management was great, as were the workers. The pay wasn't fantastic, but it was a part time job (what else would you expect?).
Pro érvek
Great management and culture among coworkers.
Kontra érvek
The pay wasn't very good.
Great place to work!
Café Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Coral Gables, FL2018, április 13.
As a barista, I was able to pick up a book during my break and have a delicious and discounted hot meal. The rest of the staff is friendly and the management are all very nice people who make working there a pleasure. Hardest part of the job would be learning all the different drinks and dealing with customers.
Fun environment
Can get hectic
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace with a good staff.
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fayetteville, NC2018, április 10.
This was definitely a good place to work. They provide insurance and the labor isn't too intensive. As long as you are capable of working with others and interacting with people, you are sure to do fine.
Fun place to work
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, április 9.
Can be highly stressful at times, but the coworkers are what make it incredibly fun. The management is pretty stressed all the time, so that kind of takes it toll, as well as the customers can be kinda rude.
Fun and Entertaining
Starbucks Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roanoke, VA2018, április 9.
I enjoyed working at Barnes and Noble. My co-workers were nice and easy to talk to, while my superiors were open to me asking questions and were willing to give me any help I needed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
its a nice place but stressful at first
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Independence, MO2018, április 3.
when you first start is really difficult to get past the cafe manager because she's kind of aggressive but once you get use to her and start to get the hang of things its fine.
breaks
customers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Barista
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bakersfield, CA2018, március 29.
I was a barista in the cafe and dealing with people that are used to Starbucks was hard. People would assume things, but it was okay when they were willing to listen to the different. The food was the best part working in the cafe and being around the books while on break was relaxing.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van