Barnes & Noble-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Barista

331 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 879 értékelés megtekintése
Productive and Fun
Café Server/Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  El Paso, TX2018, augusztus 16.
Keeps you on the move for the most part regardless if its busy or not. Recommend as a starter job to help develop customer service skills and ability to multi-task.
So Not Worth It
Barista/Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2018, augusztus 13.
I started out in the cafe. I was trained well and the cafe management was great. The problem? Although I was getting paid minimum wage, I was doing what the managers were doing, but without the benefits. When the managers weren’t there, I was told by the bookfloor and general managers to call/write in and put away the orders, call mechanics, and other things I had no training on. There also were many, many times that I was in the cafe all by myself for an hour at a time during a rush. Twice just happened to be when the food and milk order came. Even the regulars started to notice.
Besides that craziness, the closing shift would always be 3:00-10:30, or 11:00. There is too much to do to close up the cafe with only 2 people.
When I finally got the chance to remain in the bookfloor, someone left in the cafe, and I was told to cover for them. This happened not only for the day to day coverage, but I ended up only getting shifts in the cafe because so many people had left the company.
On the flip side, the bookfloor was fun!
Pro érvek
Discounts, easy access to coffee, the “book smell”
Kontra érvek
Long hours with little help, not enough pay for the work for someone who DOES NOT DO THE MINIMUM.
Bookish Downfall
Barista/Cafe Lead (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Las Vegas, NV2018, augusztus 8.
I absolutely love working at Barnes and Noble, the only downside is, its a dying company. There are a few Barnes and Noble that will still for a couple more years but unfortunately the store I am currently working at, will not. It is a great if you're looking for something temporary and put on your resume.
30% off books and cafe
Kontra érvek
Few hours, unless during holiday season
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Fun experience.
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chattanooga, TN2018, augusztus 6.
I loved it here. Many of pros that come with this job. Just not a high chance of advancement; especially when trying to make a living. The employees and customers that you see during each shift is the best part of working here.
Pro érvek
Make your own drinks with a great discount, great area, friendly people, etc.
Kontra érvek
Over staffed, very low pay, chain corporate company, etc.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
They drive good people away.
Cafe Lead Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Minot, ND2018, július 30.
I worked in the Cafe. I enjoyed the work for the most part. The Cafe Manager was exceptional when I worked there. They were extremely understanding as an individual, and tried to be fair to everyone. The Cafe manager also gave everyone a chance to be candid with them, and wanted to make sure everyone was comfortable in his/her position in the Cafe. This is the only reason I gave any stars to the "Management" portion.

However, every other manager I dealt with was very distrustful of me specifically. How can you expect your employees to do their best and want to be at work if you have a manager hovering over your shoulder, watching your every move? Given, I was a new employee at the time, but they treated me like I was shady, and like I didn't earn my place in lower level management. Little to no respect was given to me. I understand respect must be earned, but I didn't do anything to lose it in the first place. I felt targeted.

There's also entirely too much going on during rushes. There are approx. 15-20 timers constantly going off at varying times. It's hard to focus on customer service/making drinks and food when you all you can hear is incessant beeping. Very distracting and overwhelming at times.

Also, the managers were extremely focused on an employee's monetary value to the company. I understand wanting your employees to upsell as much as possible, but it got to the point where they would lecture me for not selling enough. It's a cafe. People want coffee, not dinner, at least most people. I feel they could be more aware of who they're selling to. They would bring
  több... back sales receipts once an hour, telling us we're not selling enough food or add-ons. As if we can completely control what people are buying. I ended up feeling like a number, not a person.

I don't feel it's a bad company to work for. Perhaps it's a different experience at other locations. For me, I just wasn't happy there. That's not to say it hasn't changed, but who knows.
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Good amount of break time, discounts on just about everything.
Management!
Barnes and Noble
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Springfield, IL2018, július 27.
Barnes and noble was an enjoyable place to work, simple job that comes with the benefits of books and coffee. the employers of Barnes and noble (at least at the time I applied) are willing to hire those with little to no experience which is greatly appreciated.
Wavering Managment
I loved it here
Café Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Las Vegas, NV2018, július 23.
Barnes and nobel is a great place to work. I learned so much goid for starting out maybe not a career if you like money. If you love to read need a second income then this is for you. Pop cultuer relavent enviorment so find your inner nerd and someone will relate.
Pro érvek
Free books early releases exclusive content
Bad hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
way too demanding & horrible pay compared to any other cafe!
Cafe Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Westlake Village, CA2018, július 15.
so demanding and too much work not worth minimum wage!!! management is very demanding and expect too much and disregard the fact that you’re simply a minimum waged employee!
30% off bookstore.
Kontra érvek
very poor pay. poor coverage.
Okay
BARISTA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kansas City, MO2018, július 12.
Not the best job ever, but good enough. Not very much room for growth. The company is tanking, so I would advise looking elsewhere. You do get some pretty nice employee perks, though.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Stressful work environment
Barista, Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newark, DE2018, július 10.
While a lot of the people at this location were super nice the amount of customers served hourly for the cafe is terrifying. they'll work you 39.5 hours a week so they don't need to give you benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was nice while it lasted
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2018, július 9.
Any gripes I could have of the job were entirely my own fault. They treated me kindly, and with the exception of a few bad customers, I loved working there. Shame that they only gave me a few hours a week.
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of the best jobs I've had
Cafe Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vancouver, WA2018, július 5.
Incredibly fun, great place to work if you consider yourself nerdy. Everyone is great with each other, it's like it's one big family. Plus books and coffee/tea! How better can life get? I went in knowing absolutely NOTHING about coffee. I had wonderful coworkers and trainers to get me up to speed and I had a TON of fun being a barista.
Pro érvek
Great coworkers and environment, fun place to work, cool discounts, fun events
No benefits, low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
A stressful workplace where nothing is ever management's fault
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chico, CA 959282018, július 4.
While this job isn't really that difficult, it's outstandingly stressful due to the lack of proper leadership. Management is very shortsighted and will never accept any responsibility for the things they do.
I loved working here
Barista at Cafè (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA2018, július 3.
It was a fun and fast pace environment to work in the people are great they were like family to me and still are. I worked in the café area and made coffee drinks from scratch. I enjoyed myself while I was there.
Fun and relaxed
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reno, NV2018, június 27.
I enjoyed every minute of working here, the perks were great and staff were so fun to work with but just never enough hours scheduled. It was hard making a living and paying bills on $9 and hour and only 20 hours a week
Pro érvek
Employee discount, employees, managers, flexible with life
Only part time work
Decent job
Cafe Server/Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, június 27.
The coworkers made this job so much better. The management had a tendency to ask you for above and beyond without even giving raises or an incentive to go above and beyond. But it’s a good job to have while you go for something more permanent.
50% off Cafe food, 30% off books
Good for High School and College Students
BARISTA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pennsylvania2018, június 25.
Good job for students. Teaches you a variety of skills, mostly sales and working in a fast paced environment.

Pay was average. Decent co-workers. Management needs work.
Pro érvek
the food, get to read books for free, co-workers
Kontra érvek
short breaks, doing a lot of tasks and not getting paid for it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Review
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Allen Park, MI2018, június 18.
Barnes and Noble was not a terrible place to work, but the manager was not the best and I couldn't take that they cut everyone's hours. The dress code was very linnet so that was nice!
Munkahelyi kultúra
People were great to work with.
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  University Park, PA2018, június 14.
I had a lot of fun working at the Cafe. The people were great and every day was different. Learning the ropes of the machines and the cash register were interesting and something that I will have forever. The customers were always nice. The fast paced atmosphere was challenging at times but overall rewarding.
discount
no benefits
Relaxed, Easy Job
Barista/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Norman, OK2018, június 14.
Relaxed, easy environment. As long as you did your job duties, you could read, hang out, and basically just maintain the cafe. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van