Barnes & Noble-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Barista

358 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 973 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Positive environment and wonderful culture
Barista and Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Gilbert, AZ2018, november 15.
The moment I started at Barnes and Noble, I knew it was something special. The managers understood that mistakes were part of a learning curve and didn’t expect complete perfection right off the bat. Everyone there is really kind, and the pacing is a lot easier to handle than traditional retail or food service.
Pro érvek
Good break policy, wonderful environment, employee discount
Kontra érvek
Employee discount is actually a bit low, you kinda get stuck part-time
Great 2nd job
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jonesboro, AR2018, november 13.
Doesn't have enough hours. The discounts are very nice. There are several managers some are nice others are questionable not. very fast paced training.
discounts
management
Lose Lose Situation
BARISTA / CAFÉ SERVER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hampton, VA2018, november 12.
My B&N has a very high turn over rate in terms of employee employment length. However, I think this not only has to do with amazon's overhaul of popular products making them more available at a more affordable price. Barnes and nobles also doesn't pay their workers enough to stick around especially knowing there is no room for career advancement as also mentioned in the hiring interview.
30 percent discount almost store-wide
No perks, benefits, vacation, PTO, OT, etc
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun environment and a lot of tasks
Barista and Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oceanside, CA2018, november 9.
Being a part of the Barnes and Noble environment is fun but stressful. You have to make sure that all tasks are met but the co-workers are fantastic! Everyone is supportive and willing to work with you. As long as you work hard as well.
Fun environment and co-workers
Kontra érvek
None that I can think of
Pretty easy job
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Allen Park, MI2018, november 7.
Sadly was let go after not even completing training but the job was not hard at all it's extremely simple baking, making drinks/food, using a very complex register
Discounts on whole store
Kontra érvek
Don't give people a chance
Overall Okay but No Tips and No Scheduling Website
Barista and Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bloomington, IN2018, november 3.
I liked my job as a barista starting out, but my dislike of the company quickly overtook me. We’re forced to throw out food that is “going bad” and aren’t allowed to take it home. We only get a 30% discount and we rarely ever get tips because Barnes and Noble thinks that tip jars “look bad”.
The scheduling system is horrendous. There’s no online system because they’re currently “in between” services. You have to go in the store, in person, to write down the days you want off and even then managers can overlook them and schedule you anyway.
I loved working with customers and making drinks, however I very much disliked a lot of the company decisions. It was a good place to work at- the managers were nice, but for me personally it wasn’t a good fit.
30% off on store 20% off audio
Kontra érvek
No tip jar, horrible scheduling system
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast-paced, high energy book haven
Barista in the cafe (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Cloud, MN2018, október 29.
I've been working for Barnes and Noble for over two years now and I don't intend on leaving. I am a book lover, and the store's emphasis is putting a book in the customer's hand, and having a conversation about it. This is exactly how it should be, and I love it.

The hardships are there, but most days they are manageable.
Discount on bookfloor AND cafe
Kontra érvek
Thin staff most evenings/some busy days
It's been a while.
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montgomeryville, PA2018, október 23.
I honestly don't remember much of working there. I was just a wee lad. I just remember that everything was really expensive, I had to pay if I wanted any coffee even though I never did (yes I stole espresso), and my immediate manager was super chill and stole coffee with me.
like a 20% discount I think
no free coffee
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fast paced.
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Elizabethtown, KY2018, október 23.
Working at Barnes and Noble is a great job. It is fast paced but if it is a slow day we are able to get other important things done. The company is very family oriantatedas well.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
Its a distance from my home
little hours
Barista/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, október 20.
when getting a part time job at the cafe at barnes and nobles, understand you wont be able to live off that unless you are in high school living with your parents
30% discount at barnes and nobles
little hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Thousand Oaks, CA2018, október 16.
There's kind of a family feel with the employees here. I did end leaving because I needed to be earning more, but the job itself and my coworkers were great.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced but relaxed setting
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Las Cruces, NM2018, október 14.
Cafe is typically busy during the mornings and during lunch hours as you tend to have many regulars who arrive to the mall to walk in the morning and mall employees stop by for a coffee or lunch break throughout the day. Always something to work on and to help keep clean. Frequent interaction with book floor staff and decent discounts on food and goods.
Pro érvek
Discounts, relaxed work environment, able to build good report with regular customers
Kontra érvek
Very public space to constantly on the lookout for suspicious activity, daily reminders that cafe was unable to accept Starbucks reward/gift cards
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxing and fun place to work!
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waterloo, IA2018, október 5.
I loved this job! The employees are great, the discount is SO worth it, and the hours are mostly minimal, which is both good and bad. It was a relaxing environment, except through the holidays, when it gets crazy like most retail places. It's a fun place to work, and I definitely recommend it!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Not worthwhile
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boston, MA2018, október 3.
While I was there, management was a drug addict who has since been fired, but who was borderline abusive to minimum wage employees. Nice to talk to regular customers, though
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Absolutely loved working here
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wyoming, MI2018, október 2.
The people at Barnes and Noble were the best part. We were like a little community. The job was very easy and fast-paced. The management was excellent. I have no complaints there. I would recommend working here to anyone.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Great Job
barista, deliver samples and operate cash register (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  South Bend, IN2018, szeptember 29.
Everyone works well together and looks out for each other. The managers care about the workers and they train them extensively. It is a safe and clean environment.
discounts
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
A great job.
server & Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Woodinville, WA 980722018, szeptember 27.
Good training culture, they make sure you're equipped to actually doing things without throwing you on the ropes. Relaxed environment, and I never had any concerns of not physically being able to keep the store stocked or to satisfy all the customers, which I've dealt with before. Great working culture as well, although there's some gossip (but where isn't there workplace gossip, really?)
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Nice team members
Barista/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Clifton, NJ2018, szeptember 24.
Overall, it's a good place to work. However, some people would call out a lot. The people who I worked with were nice but I couldn't adjust to the atmosphere of the place.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don't listen to their "promises"
CAFE BARISTA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mesa, AZ2018, szeptember 19.
Started as a barista at the store and didn't get an opportunity to advance. I wanted to become a bookseller. I bent over backwards for the company and reaped no rewards. Sad. The management was always changing and it was hard for anyone to love the store owner. All other managers on duty were nice and helpful.
30% off everything, easy to change days, happy environment
Kontra érvek
Management changes, no promised followed through, very stressful.
Not bad, just stressful
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newington, NH2018, szeptember 16.
Although I was only there a short time, it was a stressful job. Often I was working alone during rushes and my manager was a distraction. It was useful that a lot of others in the store were understanding when they ordered or when I needed an extra bit of help during rushes.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van