Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 2 977 értékelés megmutatása
Na
Book Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Norfolk, VA2017, november 5.
This was a very fun job and a great work environment. The staff work together as one and got the job done as needed. The management was helpful and assisted whenever needed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great people, Great place to work
Cashier/ Certified Trainer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bend, OR 977022017, november 5.
The work environment was fantastic, Great team great events, lots of fun.The pay could have been better and the opportunity to advance was very difficult...it takes a very long time and there are limited work positions available.
great team
Kontra érvek
Hard to advance, bad pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work with students and learn new life lessons
Store Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2017, november 5.
A day here is pretty relaxed except during busy times (beginning of a semester.
You will stock books, and fill online orders. Return voicemails and emails in a timely manner.

I worked with other Bookstore Managers with their requests of books and supplies for online classes.

B&N College Booksellers has a upbeat and fun atmosphere.

Hardest part of this job is buying books back from students and sometime difficult customers with difficult situations.

Most enjoyable, helping students get ready for another year.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, great people, discounts
Kontra érvek
Can be quick paced, stressful and very busy, and long hours
Friendly work environment
Sales Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sanford, FL2017, november 4.
I learned how to treat customers while building relationship one to one.
Flexible schedule
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New Philadelphia, OH2017, november 3.
Typically a day consists of filling text book orders, checking in shipped merchandise, stockings shelves and, most importantly, customer service. Working with the customers is one of my favorite aspects of this job. However, it can be challenging when there's not good communication between you and the customer. Such as, the return policy on rental textbooks and other policies.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Fun Place to work
Cafe Server (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  High Point, NC2017, november 2.
I loved working at this store. The management team is awesome and so our the other employees. Everyone helps each other out and offers help all the time.
Chaos
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boynton Beach, FL2017, november 2.
Management is disorderly, and they always mess up the schedule. There are always holes in the schedule that we have to fill with 2 hour notice. Most customers are very friendly and enjoyable, and the Cafe manager is the only one who knows what she's doing.
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Bruno, CA2017, november 2.
Great place for a young adult to work. The staff is friendly and overall the workplace was fun. Great benefits and pay. Nice quiet place to work, awesome discounts.
Talent Management Focus
Assistant Store Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  NOPE2017, november 1.
The company is pretty liberal, and that is a great thing for a Fortune 500. The pay is divided into different districts, and is different throughout the USA. There is a lack of understanding from corporate vs retail stores. Example: Project hours vs staffing. The management job is challenging, but rewarding. If you like meeting goals, management here is a good job. Retail has been in the decline, and begs the questions, is this a stable job? Full time employees receive great health insurance, vision, & dental. Paid time off, sick days, and personal days. The typical day at work is customer centric, usually two different or more managers on duty. Management is either task focused or 100% customer centric. The customer view is critical to the companies overall health. Recent changes with CEO have created a corporate gloom, that management has to overcome.
Pro érvek
Great benefits IF full time.
Kontra érvek
Changing CEO, corporate not understanding store structure
A Booklover's Dream
Receiving Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Woodland Park, NJ2017, november 1.
The company is a great place to work if you are a self-starter who takes initiative and loves books. A shift can be at any location from the cashier to working in café or receiving and the hours are flexible.
The management ladder is easy to follow and there Is room for advancement in most departments.
Pro érvek
Free books, coming across the newest titles
Kontra érvek
can be stressful work environment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
it's book selling, plain and simple
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, november 1.
Good place to work, Typical retail, with books. If you understand retail culture- namely, the priority of income over, say, customer comfort, then this is a good place. They treat employees VERY well, and if you're a bibliophile, I highly recommend. However, if sales culture and social interactions are not your cup of tea, then I suggest finding something else.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work but upper management is out of touch
Merchandising Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2017, november 1.
I loved working with the booksellers. The culture is forward thinking and there is a genuine love for the products. At a store level I had no complaints but the District Manager has oversight on all promotions and does not communicate well enough with staff to make informed decisions.
Pro érvek
Book culture, discounts, great staff
Upper management
Typical day at work
Bookseller/Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Texas2017, október 31.
Its challenged at time but I always provide excellent customer service to anyone who need it. Working there isn't the problem, its the customers they give a hard time. Sometimes you go out of your way to help them but are still given a rude attitude.
Great culture
Database Analyst (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2017, október 29.
Working in the stores is challenging and rewarding. Being able to assist customers in locating products and maintaining company image is vital. Working at a corporate level is demanding and competitive, but there is room to change departments and learn new skills.
Store discount
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job for someone who loves books
Book Seller / Café Worker ( Part Time) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Asheville, NC2017, október 28.
I got this job as a seasonal cashier. I was ask to stay and I became a bookseller. The discount is great. It was hard to not use your whole pay check on books.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 4Jelentés
The industry standard in College Bookstores
Assistant Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  SUNY College at Old Westbury Campus Bookstore2017, október 28.
I greatly enjoyed working for the company as a whole. I learned many valuable retail management skills that can be put to use for other companies. Unfortunately, the manager I work under is not as committed to the success of the business as I am and that has caused me to start seeking other employment. I also believe my management skills and experience combined with my culinary experience can help me in finding a higher paying position.
A Marketing and Clan Culture Combined at Some Locations
Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2017, október 27.
The organizational culture is not maintained throughout the entire organization, some locations are much better places to work compared to others. Moreover, there are favoritism by management as it pertains to their employees, some employees tend to be more valued than others. Employees at a lower level are treated as assets rather than humans, and there is a lack of diversity higher up the hierarchy. Nevertheless, the company is very adaptive to their external environment, and uphold a positive reputation among their business partners and vendors.
Pro érvek
Very adaptive, and work hard to maintain a competitive advantage.
Kontra érvek
Treat employees more like assets, lack of career development to executive level.
Flexible hours
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbus, OH2017, október 26.
They work around your schedule for school. Management was not always cohesive. High turnover. Friendly atmosphere. Easy job. Laid back. Could get boring at times.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Typical Day in the Barnes & Noble Cafe
Cafe Team Lead (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Riverside, CA2017, október 26.
I have enjoyed my employment with Barnes & Noble Booksellers. For the past 4 years, I have worked in the cafe for two different locations, Temecula and now Riverside. While a bookstore can have its downtime, there is a lot of multi-tasking and rushing to service customers in a timely, yet friendly and efficient manner. Serving Starbucks coffee and Cheesecake factory foods creates a diverse menu in the cafe and creates opportunity to learn new incoming product. I love my role as a cafe server and enjoy creating espresso beverages for fellow bookworms.
good discounts on merchandise
Buen ambiente
Poniendo material en las locasiones (Volt alkalmazott) –  Monroe nj2017, október 25.
Trabajando segundo turno.40 horas por semana aveces horas extras