Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 919 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
fun workplace
Merchandise Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  McAllen, TX2018, szeptember 10.
Great benefit package, excellent job culture. A lot of readjustment trough the company, and high turnover due to changes.
A typical day will be helping customers and working with Eplanner
Don't do it
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Arlington, TX2018, szeptember 10.
The company is on its way out. I give it 2 more years tops before they file for bankrupcy. They are constantly operating on a skeleton crew, there are not enough people to help all the customers, do the projects and keep product on the shelves. Not to mention dumb corporate policies being handed down every month that only makes things harder.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
An overall outstanding place to work.
General Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Easton, OH2018, szeptember 10.
I spent 18 years in the book industry, the last 10 with Barnes & Noble. I enjoyed my time there and the diversity of having a café and music department.

I was able to work with some amazing people and only left due to the demand of the long retail hours.
Great Environment
Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for.
Music salesmen/ Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsford, NY2018, szeptember 10.
Great Place for Employment in the Customer service field. Customers are generally friendly, Staff is great to work with. You will be on your feet your entire shift. Shifts can go quickly.
During Slow season hours can be very limited for employees.
Pro érvek
Discount on Cafe, Great staff, Friendly management.
limited hours, standing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked working for this company
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Hartford, CT2018, szeptember 10.
I was hired on a part time basis when the store first opened. I would have liked to have been hired on a permanent basis but management decided otherwise. I heard later on that the store closed shortly thereafter.
great people, interesting work
Kontra érvek
I wasn't able to find a perminent place there
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sad to see what it's become
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kalamazoo, MI2018, szeptember 9.
High expectations on part time employees (and everyone is part time), more work than time to do it, horrible training, bad morale, stressful. There is incredible pressure to sell over priced memberships which customers are sick of hearing about. Left alone to do the job almost right away with little training from an outdated book. They get mad when you limit your availability but they only offer 20 hours and no benefits so how are people to live unless they have another job?
Pro érvek
the people I worked with were nice
Kontra érvek
no benefits, low pay, difficult work conditions
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Barnes & Noble
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Plano, TX2018, szeptember 9.
The atmosphere is congenial, and while there is work to do, it is not backbreaking or stressful, and it does help make the time go faster. Also, employees are allowed breaks and time for lunch.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Need Stronger Store Managers
Community Business Development Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Glendora, CA2018, szeptember 8.
Unfortunately, B&N is in a tough place at the moment, 2018 has been a hard year for them and that shows in the store. Most the day is spent doing task from previous days because they are so short staffed and under trained. The Store Mangers spend most the time giving order and doing busy work, but don't help complete the task to get done in a timely manner.
Pro érvek
You get to be around books
not enough staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great part time job for serious book lovers
BOOK SALESMAN (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, szeptember 8.
Barns and Noble is a great place to work part time. The pay is good and the hours are pretty decent as well. Although you don't really have a say in where you work in the store as a part timer, you do get a lot of experience with customer service and the layout of the store.
Pro érvek
Great learning experience for beginners in retail
Kontra érvek
Can be stress full at times depending of the customer you are workings with.
Very friendly work environment
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Louisville, KY2018, szeptember 8.
On a typical busy day, we usually have a lot of customers come in to purchase their books and so it is essential that you be quick in finding books and other things they or even help multiple customers to help to their satisfaction.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Was fun for a while
Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bloomington, MN2018, szeptember 7.
Working hard and being loyal to the company didn't keep them from eliminating my position and going to a business model with very few full time employees.
Pro érvek
Interesting and every changing products
Kontra érvek
lots of standing and walking
Munkahelyi kultúra
Es muy buena, tratan muy bien a los empleados y hay muchos beneficios.
Recibidora, empacadora y despachadosra (Volt alkalmazott) –  EEUU2018, szeptember 7.
Trabajar en Barnesand Noble es muy bueno, nos dan facilidad de promovernos y ambiente de trabajo con los compañeros excelente, muy buenos beneficios.
Pro érvek
seguro privado, vacaciones y dias de enfermedad
no creo q hay contras
Productive work place
Bookseller and Cashier and Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, szeptember 6.
The job was one of my best experiences. I enjoyed helping students because i now what its like to be a student and I also enjoyed the atmosphere. The vibe was always positive and I learned a lot about time management.
discounts
not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved my managment and coworkers
Certified Trainer Cafe (Volt alkalmazott) –  Maple Grove, MN2018, szeptember 6.
I worked in the café area so my experience is specific to that. I loved my job because as a barista I liked the pace in the bookstore; most are there to shop so I was able to chat with guests about books or their day verses getting their coffee and leaving. My specific location had fantastic management and I never dreaded working any shift because all my coworkers were great.
It wasn't fun at all
Music Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cape Girardeau, MO2018, szeptember 6.
This was a career I was sad to say I was unhappy to work at. If you not making sales they push you out no chances, or help they just expect you to do it.
Great
Cashier/Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charleston, SC2018, szeptember 5.
Great place to work. Maybe not temp but very fast pace and always something do. Hard at a College during rush week but overall a good experience for a college student plus full round discounts even when not working.
Discounts
Short breaks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Easy starter job
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Paramus, NJ2018, szeptember 5.
A good place to start your work experience. Working in the cafe, you do have room to move up but takes time like with most places of employment. You'll find that the staff is more enjoyable than the job itself.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want part time for being in school this is a maybe or NO!
Sales Associate / Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oberlin, OH2018, szeptember 5.
Slow days, slow nights, cashier, asking customers the same questions over and over, "can I help you". Look up books, textbooks, inventory yada yada. Boring job, DEFINITELY not enough money. Flexible schedule, just wasn't a good job. If you need some pocket change, literally this is what this place is. Also, the discounts are really good. I got like 15% or 20% I don't remember off books, which was great!
huge discount on books.
Boring, low wages.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company tends to make irrational, ill-advised decisions that it quickly abandons in favor of other irrational, ill-advised decisions.
STORE MANAGER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dallas, TX2018, szeptember 4.
Barnes & Noble operates within a challenging retail climate, margins are thin, and the revolving door of CEOs creates a whirlwind of uncertainty, confusion, and turn-on-a-dime upper management decisions. It's mercurial, irrational and frustrating. But it's also an incredible environment to work in. Books and people make it worthwhile. When the District Managers and Regional Vice Presidents get out of the way, it's a fun place to work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
A perfectly fine place to work
Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ventura, CA2018, szeptember 4.
Not somewhere I would want to work forever, but it's a fine part time job. The people are nice and working around books is fun. They were fairly flexible with hours.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van