Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 801 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
People were great to work with.
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  University Park, PA2018, június 14.
I had a lot of fun working at the Cafe. The people were great and every day was different. Learning the ropes of the machines and the cash register were interesting and something that I will have forever. The customers were always nice. The fast paced atmosphere was challenging at times but overall rewarding.
discount
no benefits
Great for a First Job
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Coral Gables, FL2018, június 14.
I loved working here but unfortunately, you start to learn how the retail business works; super low hours and not good pay. Constant call outs and call ins. Lack of communication from manager to manager. I've dealt with rude customers in past jobs but I've never seen people go awol over something an employee can't control like parking space, or how people smell or why we can't see how many copies another store has. Lack of staff too because corporate keeps changing it.
Pro érvek
The advanced copies! Discounts.
No hours. Low pay.
Fun and ok
Textbook Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Davie, FL2018, június 14.
Its a place to get to know your workers and students along side your management or managers. the entire where house is clean collective and the areas where you work in are clean and easy to work in.
Great company losing to Amazon
Bookseller/Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Valparaiso, IN2018, június 14.
A wonderful company to work for, generally attracting intelligent, hardworking and cultured individuals. Unfortunately, as with all retail, the E-commerce giant looms over this great company.
Pro érvek
The people, the discount, the culture.
retail
Fun work environment
Cafe Server (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Manchester, NH2018, június 14.
Being in the cafe leaves us almost to our own devices. This leads to learning how to manage and accomplish tasks independently. Although there is not much help from management on the book floor they do what they can.
30-50% discount
bad upper management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work and learn
Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix2018, június 14.
Barnes & Noble has a great work culture. I learned a lot about leadership, giving great customer service and working great as a team.Recent layoffs of fulltime positions though make things more erratic
Pro érvek
Employee discount in the store and cafe
Kontra érvek
New emphasis on parttime help makes keeping momentum in store difficult
Relaxed, Easy Job
Barista/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Norman, OK2018, június 14.
Relaxed, easy environment. As long as you did your job duties, you could read, hang out, and basically just maintain the cafe. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
A Pretty Good Transitory Experience
Cafe/Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Buford, GA2018, június 14.
I am currently working at B&N, about 20 hours a week. The pay is better than other retail jobs I've had and the environment is mostly fairly laid back when on the bookfloor and mildly busy at the cafe most days. We have a fairly diverse workplace and mostly open-minded people, if that's what you look for.

I don't recommend planning to stay at Barnes and Noble if you are a college grad and want to make enough to live on, as well as have a secure job.

It's a good job for when you want an easier pace and friendly co-workers, and are looking for bigger and better things.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Fair work place
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Carmel, IN2018, június 14.
A decent place to work and overall experience staff with little hiccups in knowing what to do. They were friendly and helpful willing to show me how to do my job along the way.
Review
Lead Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Modesto, CA2018, június 14.
Its typical retail, but book people tend to be more eccentric. With all the changes in the retail trends, new initiatives happen all the time and gets cumbersome.
Book rentals.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company to work for. I hope they succeed with their transition.
Logistics coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chino Hills, CA2018, június 13.
I had the opportunity to work with some great people. Management and Staff were passionate and knowledgable about the business. Work is fast paced and rewarding.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work at while in college
Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lakewood, CO2018, június 13.
It was a great place to work some days it was really fast paced and you had to help a bunch of people with books and some days it was ver dead. It was a good balance but a temporary job.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Retail experience with like minded book lovers
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denver, CO2018, június 13.
And I'm demanding job that affords you the opportunity to stay current on new releases. Hours vary and the pay isn't great but the friends you make with like-minded Book Lovers is invaluable if you consider literature a big part of your life and interests
Fun workplace
Sales and Inventory Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Little Rock, AR2018, június 12.
Fun to work at. Hard to keep a paycheck if you are a book lover. The atmosphere is amazing especially during the holidays. Everything is very festive and fast paced.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Friendly team willing to help each other exceed
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Joe2018, június 12.
Being around something you love (i.e. books) is a huge plus with this company. You will gain many news skills that will help you with your future endeavors.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very low stress job, but very low pay and wasnt given enough hours
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbus, OH2018, június 12.
While this job was very easy to do after having over a year of experience at an actual Starbucks, it was very low paying, offered very few hours and had no opportunity to increase either of these.
low stress
Kontra érvek
low pay, few hours, lonely
confused company
Receiver/Stocker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rochester, MN2018, június 12.
The company is constantly changing things, ignoring feedback from the store level, and cutting vital positions for no sensible reason.
The culture is no longer about selling books to customers, it's solely focused on membership sales, to the detriment of the store.
Good Carrer
Assistant Store Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2018, június 12.
Many opportunities for advancement. Great benefits. Fun work environment. Excellent discounts. If you enjoy reading then selling books will be an added benefit of the job.
Easy going but serious
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Orleans, LA2018, június 12.
I did not work at the actual Barnes and Noble, I worked at the subsidiarity of Barnes and Noble through my college. It was a great and chill place to work. Everything was so easy and chilled. I would highly recommend anyone who wants to work there.
Productive Work Environment
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, június 11.
Working at Barnes & Noble is a fun relaxing experience. Most managers are respectful and understanding of your personal life. Working in the Cafe area can be hectic and busy sometimes but in all employees here know how to work together in a team to keep the store in place and organized
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van