Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 809 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Side Cash, Not Long Term
Bookseller/Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Township of Brick, NJ2018, június 26.
BN is great for the sense of community if you find yourself in the right store. The employee discount is pretty awesome, and employee appreciation weeks push that even more. Being able to work with a select clientele rather than your "normal" retail heps as well.
BN is good for a starter job or a part time, just-need-some-extra-cash position.

BUT:
The hours are constantly being cut due to budget, but everyone is expected to work three times their ability since corporate got rid of all full time positions aside from management. Pay rate is poor at best - being offered next to nothing. Benefits/sick time/etc only for full timers. Constantly working on a skeleton crew.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place with friendly work environment
Bookeseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tennessee2018, június 26.
Great place to learn and engage a variety of people and cultures. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make someone's day. A typical day can be slow depending on the week.
Employee discount
Kontra érvek
Benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Big box in a dying industry
Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Westwood, CA2018, június 25.
I worked here years ago when you could still find book stores. It appears to be a dying industry and there are dwindling opportunities for jobs or advancement.
Good for High School and College Students
BARISTA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pennsylvania2018, június 25.
Good job for students. Teaches you a variety of skills, mostly sales and working in a fast paced environment.

Pay was average. Decent co-workers. Management needs work.
Pro érvek
the food, get to read books for free, co-workers
Kontra érvek
short breaks, doing a lot of tasks and not getting paid for it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Great Store Environment, Poor Corporate Decision Making
Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pueblo, CO2018, június 22.
The culture at Barnes and Noble Store 2840 made it feel like my second home. My coworkers were like my family. Members of management, while often overworked and stressed, were great. They were compassionate about emergencies, yet they were firm when they needed to be. The hardest part about the job was balancing loss prevention on top of all the other responsibilities that were expected of booksellers and managers. There were times it felt like we "babysat" shoplifters more than anything else, but I think it was partially due to the store's location. The most enjoyable part about the job was forming bonds with my coworkers. I loved the spirit days during the holidays that served as a sort of Holiday Countdown which helped relieve the stress from the holidays. I loved the special national story times every Saturday. This is a great place to work, and I wish I could have stayed a bit longer.
Best Coworkers, Not Labor Intensive
Stressful, Shoplifters
Could be better with a Good Store Manager
Receiving Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ft. Myers, FL2018, június 22.
Poor Store Manager who has a record of losing quality and people with integrity due to harassment. Lack of company required training. When store manager was not present everyone worked as a team and enjoyed their day. Producers were acknowledged.
Pro érvek
Met good people who worked there
Kontra érvek
Lack of training that is required
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good management at the location I worked at
Cafe Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newington, NH2018, június 22.
A well managed location, mostly positive employees. Pay was improving when I left, but the position I worked in is a standard low-ish hourly job. For a cafe job, it was relatively low key and stress free, with business being largely smooth, with the holidays being by far the busiest.
It was ok.
Cashier/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, június 21.
I worked at a college campus version of the store so it operated as the school store. It would have been better if hours were not either long or too short.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really great employees, but no room to be creative or provide inputs.
Book Seller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado2018, június 21.
I loved some employees and even became friends with some customers. When I first started I was in classes so I needed a part-time job. However, everyday is the same and it gets sort of boring if you are a busy body. When there is really no customers in the afternoon you have to follow them around as there is nothing to do, afternoon is prime time which means you can't recover misplaced items or work on projects even if there is only one customer. The reason I began to lose interest in my role is because the huge emphasis placed on selling memberships and the immediate dismissal of any ideas you have for the store. If you don't get enough memberships within a time period (usually you should strive for 1 per hour) you are asked tons of questions by the manager, and her responses to answers were always with such attitude. The more I work here the more I realize I am a minimum wage salesman without commission. Everyday you have to convince customers to get a membership or buy another book for "only 8.99". If the customers are in a bad mood and simply rude you still have to continue convincing them why a membership is worthwhile, if you don't then you are seen as not trying hard enough. So, if you like being a salesman I would recommend this job to you. But for those that decide to work at Barnes and Noble because of their love for books I say this isn't for you.
Pro érvek
Nice Employees, flexible scheduling, can request days off, interactions with interesting people.
Kontra érvek
Micromanagement, essentially a salesmen, unable to provide input.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
too many cuts
Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waco, TX2018, június 21.
not enough help on the sales floor. The company is worried about money and is suffering. their needs to be more staff on the floor and having less focus on selling memberships
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyable and well supported position at recognizable company
District Manager Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Worcester, MA2018, június 21.
Engaging and collaborative work environment with systems and training in place to promote from within. Difficult at times to react quick enough to changing market. Most enjoyable product.
Fantastic work environment
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2018, június 21.
All of the staff were very helpful and assisted me in becoming the best I could be. It was fun to work with all the customers and help them find what they were looking for.
A joe job
Shelver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boca Raton, FL2018, június 21.
It was okay, I worked in a university bookstore. They had us straighten up the aisles when there was nothing to do. They didn't bother training the seasonal employees on much of anything.
productive workplace
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Orleans, LA 701262018, június 21.
I did data entry. I did a lot of order of books, foods and supplies. Scheduling for the staff. I completed inventory. Interact a lot with the students at the college.
Pro érvek
My schedule work with me being able to go to school.
Kontra érvek
I wasn't given a fair shot of going in the company.
Sad to go
Temporary Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Independence, MO2018, június 20.
I really loved working at Barnes and Noble. The team was wonderful, and very willing to feed my need to learn something new each day. I was hired to work the customer service desk, and by the end of my time as a seasonal employee I had also learned several other duties in store (inventory counts, cashier, returns, stocking, etc).
Great team and management
Kontra érvek
Not able to stay past seasonal position due to lack of openings.
pleasant
Assistant Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Garden City, NY2018, június 20.
working for Barnes & Noble Education you become a part of a family. everyone knows everyone and helps you out. the company is understanding and looks out for their employees.
Bookseller and Cafe Cook
Bookseller and Cafe Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cook, IN2018, június 20.
This job was not related to my field of study so I was really only there to help make some extra money for college expenses. At first it was nice and I was able to submit times that I was unable to work. Later they started scheduling me even when I asked to be off. They even scheduled me during my final exams. That was the final straw and I had to quit.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Corporate has destroyed the nice working environment at Barnes and Noble.
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Scottsdale, AZ2018, június 18.
My coworkers and managers at my store were great and treated me well. However, when it came to corporate, they were constantly piling more impossible demands onto low level workers because their company is failing. Secret shoppers have become the biggest priority which leads to pressure on employees for overenthusiastic customer service that only alienates customers. Who wants to be asked if they need help by 10 different people? The concentration on memberships and email captures makes genuine interaction with customers feel strained.
They recently cut thousands of full-time non managerial positions, positions that they had previously ensured those employees were secure. Many of these people had been working with Barnes and Noble for over 10 years. On a corporate level, Barnes and Noble doesn't care about its employees in its stores. As they cut full time careers, part time workers and a few managers are left to pick up the slack for abhorrently low pay.
discount
terrible pay, corporate pressure
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Fun workplace
Merchandising Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, június 18.
B&N was a great place to work. Workers and customers are very knowledgeable about books. Get to meet people of all types. Learn new things. Relaxed environment
discounts
PTO
Review
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Allen Park, MI2018, június 18.
Barnes and Noble was not a terrible place to work, but the manager was not the best and I couldn't take that they cut everyone's hours. The dress code was very linnet so that was nice!
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van