Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 2 973 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great to make friends. Not as a career.
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado2017, november 12.
Most store managers are condescending and rude. Was sexually harassed by a asm who is now a store manager, physically abused by a receiving manager and verbally abused by a now district manager. As young kid I didn't report it but now as a manager within the company I try to fight these thing from happening to part time employees on a more level playing field... but I know it still happens in some stores. You make great lifetime friends but be prepared to hate it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place for readers and book lovers
Customer service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bridgewater, NJ2017, november 12.
Good place for college student or retiree. Not a place to earn a big salary, but 20 hour employees do receive benefits. Where else does that happen?

Employees receive generous discount and also get advance reader copies of new books to come out for review. Lots toys, games, gifts and music plus a cafe where employees get 50% off.

Highly recommend this to people who want to read, make a few new friends, and are available anywhere from 8 to midnight.

Career paths are for Merchandise Managers , ASM and the Store Manager. Also the Community Relations person is a good position that is better paid.
Pro érvek
Discounts, paid time off, reasonable schedules.
Lower wages.
books
Café Lead/Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Manchester, NH2017, november 12.
Fun place to work for a college kid just working to get through school. Nice discounts on books, food and drink. A unique working experience and environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I wouldn't work here again.
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boulder, CO2017, november 10.
Even if I was desperate I wouldn't work here again. One week I would work 28 hours and the next week I would work 10. The only good part was using dayforce to pick up shifts. Otherwise, don't work here unless you absolutely need something out of it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you love books - it's great
HEAD CASHIER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2017, november 10.
Typical retail job but it's books - day to day customer service stuff. Good discount and some ability to check out books like a library. best part books worst part minimal hours unless you're management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Positive environment, helpful coworkers, strong learning experience
CASHIER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Midland, MI2017, november 10.
The overall environment in Barnes & Noble is calm and positive. Both the customers and coworkers are very enjoyable to work with. There is a lot to learn, as most employees are trained in multiple different jobs within the store. A typical day fluctuates a lot seeing as customers come and go and holiday season brings more in than usual.
Calm environment overall
Kontra érvek
Can quickly become stressful depending on customer flow
Munkahelyi kultúra
Best job I've had so far.
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2017, november 9.
It was fun, weekdays were always fun to work since it was so dead (It was dead because it was inside a mall but I do know the store itself is quite full most times) my coworkers are great and management as well. The pay in Miami is starting 9 per hour and they add 25 cents to your paycheck every year you stay there.
Discount on Food + Books
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
entertaining place to work
Café Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, november 9.
you get to meet a lot of new people in this store but it is repettitive work and gets boring. The cafe is hard labor as well. If you're young and looking for a first time career, then it's a great place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Barnes and nobles was a good job
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Akron, OH2017, november 8.
I would totally recommend Barnes and nobles to anyone. All my coworkers were really nice and helpful. My managers were helpful also and very nice. The location was a perfect spot for me and they worked with my school schedule.
discounts
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place with Great People.
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  North Wales, PA2017, november 8.
Being a cafe server is not hard, but it is a lot of work the drinks are not very hard to make and even if you are stuck you have many people to support you. There will be times where you will be frustrated, even overwhelmed but you will not be alone, everyone there even the book sellers are there to help you.
Pro érvek
Fantastic people, employee discounts, and a chance to be creative with the drinks.
Kontra érvek
It can be physically taxing, the job is not hard, but their is much to do.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Excellent Environment, Easy Work, Pay Is Not Great
Part Time Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Omaha, NE2017, november 7.
I've worked at Barnes and Noble little over a year but I would not quit unless I absolutely had to. The people I work with are all amazingly intelligent and kind individuals, all with a unique personality. This is the first job I've worked where I haven't experienced any drama because the people I work with recognize that bickering will not help us grow as a team. Management is on point and cares deeply for their employees and though there is the typical corporate touch that brings a little annoyance to the job, overall it is a wonderful place to work. The only downside to the job is that the pay is not great and I won't blame the company for that. Unfortunately book stores are struggling to survive in the onslaught of online retail. Even then I have received more pay raises unprompted than at a retail establishment I worked at for 4+ years that is thriving. They care about their employees and their happiness. The job itself is not terribly exciting but if you love books and talking to people that are passionate about reading, you'll fit right in.
Pro érvek
Love my customers and coworker, the work is interesting and management cares for their employees
Low pay
Was ok
System Administrator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Monroe, NJ2017, november 7.
The company was great to work for at one point family oriented. They worked as a family and cared about the employees. But I guess like anything else. The big picture took over and lead to bad decisions.. Of course when that happens the little guy gets the bad part. A lot of us were outsourced just because even though the outsourcing company didn't have the people to do our jobs. ..
Pro érvek
Coworkers are great we did what we needed to and with what we had
Kontra érvek
Management is always changing their minds and not fully looking at the big picture and the outcome.
I miss Barnes&Noble.
Lead Sales Associate in Music Department (Volt alkalmazott) –  Calabasas, CAN2017, november 7.
I loved working at Barnes&Noble and I loved being around my passion all day, books. Plus I had the pleasure of working with people I now have the privilege of calling my friends.
Pro érvek
Discounts and paid vacation.
Angry customers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard work, great coworkers, challenging environment.
Receiving Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  United States2017, november 6.
The work at B&N has always been challenging (merchandising books, moving fixtures, getting things done), but the payoff is helping people find exactly what they're looking for. The employees are usually bookish and smart. Store culture is different from store to store (my store's always been pretty great), but corporately the push to contunually try to do more and more with less will grind you down.
Great coworkers, Good discounts
Low wages, Corporate Culture
Sales associate
worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Spokane, WA2017, november 6.
As a sales associate I gained knowledge in cashiering and costumer service. I also received shipping and order knowledge pulling books, packaging them, and sorting them accordingly. I often restocked shelves and displays while also answering and questions costumers had.
Pro érvek
Cashier, stocking, shipping, and receiving experience.
Not enough hours.
The great divided
Bookseller/Cashier/Customer Serv. Rep (Volt alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA 191032017, november 6.
Favoritism, insider hiring, low pay, inconvenient scheduling. However its always great to work with books, great discount in cafe and on sales floor. Events are not outrages!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Na
Book Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Norfolk, VA2017, november 5.
This was a very fun job and a great work environment. The staff work together as one and got the job done as needed. The management was helpful and assisted whenever needed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great people, Great place to work
Cashier/ Certified Trainer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bend, OR 977022017, november 5.
The work environment was fantastic, Great team great events, lots of fun.The pay could have been better and the opportunity to advance was very difficult...it takes a very long time and there are limited work positions available.
great team
Kontra érvek
Hard to advance, bad pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work with students and learn new life lessons
Store Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2017, november 5.
A day here is pretty relaxed except during busy times (beginning of a semester.
You will stock books, and fill online orders. Return voicemails and emails in a timely manner.

I worked with other Bookstore Managers with their requests of books and supplies for online classes.

B&N College Booksellers has a upbeat and fun atmosphere.

Hardest part of this job is buying books back from students and sometime difficult customers with difficult situations.

Most enjoyable, helping students get ready for another year.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, great people, discounts
Kontra érvek
Can be quick paced, stressful and very busy, and long hours
Friendly work environment
Sales Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sanford, FL2017, november 4.
I learned how to treat customers while building relationship one to one.
Flexible schedule