Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 797 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun relaxed place to work
Bookseller/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fairview Heights, IL2018, június 28.
Not overly stressful for a retail job, but selling memberships is pushed and your membership percentages are important. They try to cross train employees in all areas (cash, bookfloor, cafe) so you get experience in different aspects of customer service/retail work.
Great employee discount
Kontra érvek
Hours can be hard to come by in certain times of the year
Munkahelyi kultúra
BandN was a positve work experience
Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Citrus Heights, CA2018, június 28.
Most employees were interested in reading and as such we had a healthy work environment where discussion of books was encouraged. The later time spent working there was more stressful though as the managers would put more pressure on the employees to serve the customers better.
Sad to see it go
Cafe training manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kansas City, MO2018, június 28.
It was great when I started 7 years ago. But the last 3 years were very hard in the company. Corporate wanted more work done with less people andnitnlead to very low employee morale. I was finally
Promoted to Cafe training manager; which turns out comes with no real extra compensation and alotnmore work. The training program is terrible and mostly self lead; with no time to do it. A few months ago they laid off all non manager full timers, donyou are ei Yet s manager or part time. Was very stressful to perform with no employees to schedule. I doubt They last another year.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
Terrible store manager morale was low due to company changes
Amazing, fun, never boring
Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bakersfield, CA2018, június 27.
Cashiering was fun on busy days. My favorite area to work in was at the information desk. It was never boring there. The kids department sometimes got a little out of hand. I was blessed to have wonderful managers and amazing coworkers.
Fun and relaxed
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reno, NV2018, június 27.
I enjoyed every minute of working here, the perks were great and staff were so fun to work with but just never enough hours scheduled. It was hard making a living and paying bills on $9 and hour and only 20 hours a week
Pro érvek
Employee discount, employees, managers, flexible with life
Only part time work
Don't do it
Maintenance Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Rochester, NY2018, június 27.
I am very much unappreciated for the work I do and am looking to leave as soon as possible. The job can be disgusting at times and there is no appreciation for that either
Friendly coworkers
Flaky managers
Decent job
Cafe Server/Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, június 27.
The coworkers made this job so much better. The management had a tendency to ask you for above and beyond without even giving raises or an incentive to go above and beyond. But it’s a good job to have while you go for something more permanent.
50% off Cafe food, 30% off books
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun with an emphasis on customer service
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2018, június 27.
Working at Barnes & Nobles was honestly one of the best decisions I've ever made. My coworkers and managers were extremely friendly and helpful. There is a lot to do in the store to maintain it, but all responsibilities are shared evenly and we are encouraged to cooperate and work together to tackle problems. Managers often listened to requests, such as wanting to work on the floor instead of the registers, and tried to assign workers to places they seemed to do the best in. There is a heavy emphasis on customer service at Barnes & Noble, which is a really nice feeling. Instead of being more focused on the product, which many retail places fall prey to, Barnes & Noble insists that the customers come first. It was more important to greet and help customers than anything else. The managers even had a "place the book in their hand" policy, which essentially meant that if a customer approaches you, you don't leave them alone until you've helped them to the best of the store's collective ability. Pretty much everything about working here was wonderful, from the people to the workplace itself. The most challenging things to deal with are Fridays, Saturdays, and holidays. Fridays and Saturdays are always very busy, which means there's little time to complete any tasks that need to be done. Holidays are always even busier, but the store usually schedules extra employees to compensate, so it's never too much to handle.
Pro érvek
Discounts on everything, friendly enviornment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Side Cash, Not Long Term
Bookseller/Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Township of Brick, NJ2018, június 26.
BN is great for the sense of community if you find yourself in the right store. The employee discount is pretty awesome, and employee appreciation weeks push that even more. Being able to work with a select clientele rather than your "normal" retail heps as well.
BN is good for a starter job or a part time, just-need-some-extra-cash position.

BUT:
The hours are constantly being cut due to budget, but everyone is expected to work three times their ability since corporate got rid of all full time positions aside from management. Pay rate is poor at best - being offered next to nothing. Benefits/sick time/etc only for full timers. Constantly working on a skeleton crew.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place with friendly work environment
Bookeseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tennessee2018, június 26.
Great place to learn and engage a variety of people and cultures. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make someone's day. A typical day can be slow depending on the week.
Employee discount
Kontra érvek
Benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Big box in a dying industry
Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Westwood, CA2018, június 25.
I worked here years ago when you could still find book stores. It appears to be a dying industry and there are dwindling opportunities for jobs or advancement.
Good for High School and College Students
BARISTA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pennsylvania2018, június 25.
Good job for students. Teaches you a variety of skills, mostly sales and working in a fast paced environment.

Pay was average. Decent co-workers. Management needs work.
Pro érvek
the food, get to read books for free, co-workers
Kontra érvek
short breaks, doing a lot of tasks and not getting paid for it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Great Store Environment, Poor Corporate Decision Making
Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pueblo, CO2018, június 22.
The culture at Barnes and Noble Store 2840 made it feel like my second home. My coworkers were like my family. Members of management, while often overworked and stressed, were great. They were compassionate about emergencies, yet they were firm when they needed to be. The hardest part about the job was balancing loss prevention on top of all the other responsibilities that were expected of booksellers and managers. There were times it felt like we "babysat" shoplifters more than anything else, but I think it was partially due to the store's location. The most enjoyable part about the job was forming bonds with my coworkers. I loved the spirit days during the holidays that served as a sort of Holiday Countdown which helped relieve the stress from the holidays. I loved the special national story times every Saturday. This is a great place to work, and I wish I could have stayed a bit longer.
Best Coworkers, Not Labor Intensive
Stressful, Shoplifters
Could be better with a Good Store Manager
Receiving Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ft. Myers, FL2018, június 22.
Poor Store Manager who has a record of losing quality and people with integrity due to harassment. Lack of company required training. When store manager was not present everyone worked as a team and enjoyed their day. Producers were acknowledged.
Pro érvek
Met good people who worked there
Kontra érvek
Lack of training that is required
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good management at the location I worked at
Cafe Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newington, NH2018, június 22.
A well managed location, mostly positive employees. Pay was improving when I left, but the position I worked in is a standard low-ish hourly job. For a cafe job, it was relatively low key and stress free, with business being largely smooth, with the holidays being by far the busiest.
It was ok.
Cashier/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, június 21.
I worked at a college campus version of the store so it operated as the school store. It would have been better if hours were not either long or too short.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really great employees, but no room to be creative or provide inputs.
Book Seller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado2018, június 21.
I loved some employees and even became friends with some customers. When I first started I was in classes so I needed a part-time job. However, everyday is the same and it gets sort of boring if you are a busy body. When there is really no customers in the afternoon you have to follow them around as there is nothing to do, afternoon is prime time which means you can't recover misplaced items or work on projects even if there is only one customer. The reason I began to lose interest in my role is because the huge emphasis placed on selling memberships and the immediate dismissal of any ideas you have for the store. If you don't get enough memberships within a time period (usually you should strive for 1 per hour) you are asked tons of questions by the manager, and her responses to answers were always with such attitude. The more I work here the more I realize I am a minimum wage salesman without commission. Everyday you have to convince customers to get a membership or buy another book for "only 8.99". If the customers are in a bad mood and simply rude you still have to continue convincing them why a membership is worthwhile, if you don't then you are seen as not trying hard enough. So, if you like being a salesman I would recommend this job to you. But for those that decide to work at Barnes and Noble because of their love for books I say this isn't for you.
Pro érvek
Nice Employees, flexible scheduling, can request days off, interactions with interesting people.
Kontra érvek
Micromanagement, essentially a salesmen, unable to provide input.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
too many cuts
Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waco, TX2018, június 21.
not enough help on the sales floor. The company is worried about money and is suffering. their needs to be more staff on the floor and having less focus on selling memberships
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyable and well supported position at recognizable company
District Manager Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Worcester, MA2018, június 21.
Engaging and collaborative work environment with systems and training in place to promote from within. Difficult at times to react quick enough to changing market. Most enjoyable product.
Fantastic work environment
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2018, június 21.
All of the staff were very helpful and assisted me in becoming the best I could be. It was fun to work with all the customers and help them find what they were looking for.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van