Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 2 975 értékelés megmutatása
Enjoyable workplace
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2017, november 27.
Most days are spent working either at the cashwrap or on the sales floor. Cashiers are required to pitch the Membership program to all customers and request email addresses. Working on the sales floor mostly consists of helping customers, general store upkeep, and helping put out product.
The atmosphere is pretty relaxed and the management and workers are all great. Most of the time, it's a pretty low stress job. I wish there were more incentives to go beyond the base expectations.
Raises are only available annually and there isn't a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. If you're looking for career progression, this probably isn't a great choice.
Overall though, it's a great place to work in the short term, but you will probably have to go elsewhere to advance in the retail world.
Pro érvek
Great management, great coworkers, low stress, PTO for some part timers, discounts
Kontra érvek
No opportunity for advancement, no incentives for extra effort, in the middle of culture shift
Productive and fun place
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2017, november 26.
One of the best jobs I've had thus far! Management was amazing, and I loved all of my coworkers! If I didn't know something there was always someone around to help me, and the hardest part about the job was trying to sell the credit card.
Great discount
General REtail position
Cafe Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Frederick, MD2017, november 26.
It is ok. The day is grueling. The use of the break system is ok and the use of the days off policy is sometimes difficult to operate, particularly during holidays. The opportunity for growth is dependent upon the region of the country you are living in.
Great company
Store Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2017, november 26.
Barnes and Noble is a highly successful company. Always looking at new concepts and creativity to increase its presence in the marketplace. They encourage a positive work place and they always ensure that employees are happy in their current position. They have a success we kisten program where employees can voice out their concerns or ideas. Great company to work for.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive, fun work place with great management
Bookseller, Cashier, Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Staten Island, NY2017, november 25.
I have worked for B&N for over 2 years, and I always tell people how much I love my job. But just like any job (especially retail), it has its cons. At times the work and the amount of it can be stressful and overwhelming, but management helps to delegate and bring the focus back to sales. The management I have witnessed is competent, respectful, understanding, and fun. For most booksellers, your responsibilities change each shift depending on your daily assignment: customer service, cashiering, etc. Because of this, I’ve obtained many skills across a broad area of study: checking out customers at the register, searching and locating product, customer servicing, order processing, and more. Most of the work involves simply learning by experience. But as a book lover, sharing that love with people is certainly the best part of the job, and something I’ll always look back on fondly.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, adequate breaks, annual pay raise, good management, fun environment
Difficult advancement, stressful environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great coworkers and managers.
customer service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  McLean, VA2017, november 24.
It is a fast paced environment made possible by hard working employees, leadership from managers and ever evolving business practices. Seven days a week the store caters to thousands of customers from all over the country and international tourists as well.The traffic of customers may be the most difficult to handle. It is however made easier by the experience possessed by both veteran coworkers and management as well as tools we have to use to cater to each person. Management is active and in constant communication with booksellers giving them the autonomy to handle important tasks throughout the day while still giving exemplary service to any potential customer in need. I have learned new ways to multitask, how to be a professional in even the most strenuous of moments and how to be a more social person with both customers and coworkers.
Pro érvek
Employee discounts, coworkers, trustworthy management
Kontra érvek
Can be understaffed at time
This was boring
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Richland, WA2017, november 22.
This job was not fast-paced enough to keep my attention. It was peaceful and quiet, but there was no competition and there was no incentive to succeed, as I recall.
Munkahelyi kultúra
B&N has always been a great place to work and very family oriented.
Merchandise Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2017, november 22.
I enjoy working at B&N and always have. However, it has recently become apparent that there may not be any room for me to advance and therefore, I have decided that it may be more beneficial for me to move on.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very well organized work place
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Emeryville, CA2017, november 21.
I love Barnes and nobles , it was very calm and collective they pay was great and the costumer service was awesome if your into books that's a great job
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Constantly Revolving Door
CAFÉ MANAGER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brookfield, WI2017, november 21.
Always understaffed
Discount
People
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Interesting experience.
Lead Barista/Shift Supervisor/Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, november 20.
Very quick paced. All of my coworkers were phenomenal and so were the regulars. High expectations are set and are achievable but may intervene with personal life. Would recommend as a stepping stone job.
Half off café products
Kontra érvek
Healthcare is too expensive and not worth it
They are okay
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Augustine, FL2017, november 20.
The place is alright. The management could use a kick in the pants. They like to get people from outside to take jobs from the internal employees who deserve the promotions way more.
Discounts
Low pay, no advancement
Loved working here
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chula Vista, CA2017, november 20.
My first job was working at Barnes and Noble, and I never hated going to work. My coworkers were awesome and I helping people with any book inquiries that they had.
cool
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2017, november 20.
liked working the morning easy to get in and get out have the rest of the day to yourself. around noon it always got hectic no matter what day it was. Thats what makes the time go by pretty fast
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fast paced position with several responsibilities
Retail Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Maumee, OH2017, november 19.
The people I worked with were helpful and very nice, I enjoyed working with the customers, learned new skills. My manager was great.

My hours fit my life, I was busy all the time and had training when I first started. I also took extra shifts when an associate was unable to come. Customer service and sales was our primary goal
Pro érvek
Decent breaks and lunch time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fine if you need something to do
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2017, november 18.
They pay so far below other employers, but honestly the job is ridiculously easy. It's impossible to get fired, so sometimes you have to work with people who are slightly unpleasant or who don't care. But it's very slow paced, standards are really low. If you don't need money, and you just want to fill hours in your day and you don't mind having a lot of time to think, it's not terrible. Most of management just seems bored, and they don't care very much.
slow, easy work
bad pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
work
book seller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Columbia, SC2017, november 17.
If there's nothing to do or if business is too slow; they start cutting hours which cuts pay and your already making minimum wage so..just keep that in mind
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work and meet people
Bookstore Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Huntsville, AL2017, november 17.
I learned a lot about order and purchasing merchandise. The workplace culture was AWESOME I absolutely enjoyed going to work and making the store a pleasant place to come and shop.
Meeting and helping customers
Advancement
Great place
Warehouse Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Township of Monroe, NJ2017, november 16.
Pick orders with hand held scanner .i learned how to work a scanner the mangement was wonderful there . Work place culture was Great most enjoyable part was don't the orders
Liked working there
No cons
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed but with limited opportunities
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2017, november 14.
Had the pleasure of working with this company for a very long time. This was my first real job so I learned a great deal working with amazing staff and management to create a productive workplace. The only thing I will say is that opportunities for advancement are rare to come by. The work hours can be sometimes almost less than 10 hours. I did work in a Barnes and Noble on a college campus so there wasn't a huge influx of customers. The work flow is not too stressful but it can be when school semester starts. I loved the staff I worked with. Management could be difficult to work with sometimes but all in all as long as work is done and numbers are good, there should be nothing to worry about. Salary could improve for staff.
Pro érvek
staff, flexibility in hours, relaxed pace
hours, advancement, salary