Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 911 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Decent Job
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Moorestown, NJ2018, szeptember 24.
Not a horrific retail experience, and the atmosphere is generally calm. Long hours standing and re-shelving, and frequent short breaks. The discount is sufficient for those who enjoy purchasing books frequently.
Communication needs improvement
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  NJ2018, szeptember 24.
I really do enjoy the job, but I have found that there's a lack of communication. Especially when it comes to scheduling. You give your availability as well as informing them of any dates you're not available - BEFORE the schedule is made. Then you see you are scheduled on some of those days. Acting M.O.D. tells you to speak to another employee to see if they can switch days with you. Wait. It's not like i just requested the day. It was put in writing BEFORE the schedule was made! And the dust....my allergies have flared up big time. It's great to straighten up and organize the store every night, but the store is in need of a cleaning.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Security Officer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, szeptember 21.
Productive and fun workplace. Pay is not suitable . Average Managers Who Don't Think Outside the Box. But Overall Barnes and Noble is fun and interesting place to work
Great Place, Great Management,Great Culture
Customer Care- Text Book Section (Volt alkalmazott) –  Baltimore, MD2018, szeptember 21.
Overall, a positive experience. There is always work to be done. The management is serious about their jobs. They're also extremely nice, understanding, personable people.
Education
Senior Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stamford, CT2018, szeptember 21.
A typical day is clocking in and reviewing any orders on line for customers to full fill there orders:
Filling orders, stocking and packing bookcases: Ringing customers out on the cash register.
reading books
Kontra érvek
On your feet during the shift no sit down
Love my coworkers!!
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Norman, OK2018, szeptember 20.
Barnes and Noble in Norman is an amazing place to work! The employees that work there are some of the nicest people that I've met. They are all very open to new people and loved training me. My experience there is one I will never forget. Also, the management is awesome!
Pro érvek
management, employees, full time benefits
corporate is trash
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
A decade of Barnes & Noble
Assistant Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Omaha, NE2018, szeptember 20.
I enjoyed a very good career at Barnes & Noble. I loved the culture of the retail book world. I had a great team at my store. However, there are not many opportunities to move up in the company because people love their jobs and don’t leave. I also feel that the pay isn’t competitive compared to other retail. Overall it has been my favorite career path and I still love visiting my old stores.
Great benefits and discounts
Kontra érvek
Holiday hours and lack of advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Children's Department Lead (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ann Arbor, MI2018, szeptember 20.
Recent corporate policies and less pay roll make for a stressful work environment.

>Sell books and company membership to customers
>Recover the floor and set promotional displays at the same time
>Work registers and stock floor
>Learned the keys to customer service and management, especially ways in which both are done well or poorly
>Most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers of all ages find books they will enjoy
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
fast paced and fun environment
Bookseller/Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2018, szeptember 20.
the managers are flexible with your hours. Everyone is always so happy and has a positive attitude. Its such a nice place to work and grow your job career.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good entry level retail job
Assistant Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Morrow, GA2018, szeptember 19.
Overall, I think that Barnes & Noble is a great entry level retail job for a part time employee. I enjoyed my time with the company for the most part until there was a change in Store Manager and I knew it was time for my exit. I will say that if you work hard and want to be promoted from within, the company (depending on management team at your store) will help guide you up the ladder. I was promoted within from Receiving Manager to Merchandise Manager and from Merchandise Manager to Assistant Store Manager in 4 years.

One of main negative opinions that I have is that Barnes & Noble is trying too hard to compete with too many retail chains. It is a bookstore, that is the foundation of the company. Most Barnes & Noble stores around the country sell A LOT of games. The retail term for them are specialties, hobbies and collectibles. One fourth of the store I managed was nothing but toys and games. I think that the business model has changed drastically due to pressure from the likes of Amazon and I hate that they are not staying true to what they are, a bookstore. With all the games they are selling in 2018, I wouldn't be surprised, if they didn't begin selling video games, consoles, cell phone cases and accessories, other company gift cards (i.e. Target, Various Restaurants, Apple Music, Clothing Stores), etc.

I think that Amazon will unfortunately put them out of business in the long run. I don't see the changes they're making as productive or cost effective. At the location I worked, there were more of those toys and games stolen than sold. Not to mention there are
  több... a few test stores selling alcoholic beverages in their café area. Barnes & Noble is to most, a family focused retail chain where you, your spouse and children can all go spend time and relax and read a magazine or the newest New York Times Bestseller or read a picture book to your child or grab a cup of coffee. I think they have gotten so far away from what I'm sure the founder envisioned and hoped the company would be that I truly don't foresee them being around 10-15 years from now. It's like they are trading who they set out to be to try to compete with other big box retail and they are failing miserably. It's sad.  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Room for advancement, paid time off, pay above minimum wage to part time
Kontra érvek
Upper management, culture, retention of good employees, revolving door
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fairly easy job just assisting customers with what they need.
Stocker/Receiver/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  West Columbia, SC2018, szeptember 19.
Working at Barnes&Noble Bookstore I have gain great customers as well as stocking,online ordering, cashier. The communication need to be worked on with management and their tone of voice when dealing with customers as well employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don't listen to their "promises"
CAFE BARISTA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mesa, AZ2018, szeptember 19.
Started as a barista at the store and didn't get an opportunity to advance. I wanted to become a bookseller. I bent over backwards for the company and reaped no rewards. Sad. The management was always changing and it was hard for anyone to love the store owner. All other managers on duty were nice and helpful.
30% off everything, easy to change days, happy environment
Kontra érvek
Management changes, no promised followed through, very stressful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good place, with an understanding staff
Staff Member (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA 187022018, szeptember 18.
I enjoyed working there, my coworkers were helpful and supportive, and the customers were generally kind and patient. I was glad to be able to help others pursue a passion for reading.
Cut-throat and unstable
TEMPORARY TEXTBOOK BOOKSELLER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pullman, WA2018, szeptember 18.
When I worked at the Bookie during the August student rush I enjoyed interacting with my fellow employees, however there was always an underlying tension since we knew that out of the 50 they had hired that they would only keep 12. We competed on the daily for the best compliments from customers, and it made it difficult to ask for help for fear that they might take the good review that could get you a job for the next year. At the end of the term they suddenly told people that they were no longer needed and were expected to leave. I felt this was incredibly rude as I felt they could have easily talk with each of us the week before to let us know if we were staying or leaving so we could start looking for the next job.
20% discount on textbooks
Kontra érvek
constant stress over whether they will need you the next day/week
Munkahelyi kultúra
Many changes at Barnes & Noble.
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Clackamas, OR2018, szeptember 18.
A lot has changed at Barnes & Noble since I was hired. It is no longer the company that I started with. Some of the changes have created a trickle down toxic environment.
Co-workers
Company wide changes.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Forced part time with little ability to move up unless willing to relocate or change job titles
Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roseville, CA2018, szeptember 18.
Pay and hours leave workers unable to pay for their cost of living, the work is stressful and often unrewarding. Corporate quotas leave even the most efficient of us feeling unappreciated and lacking. Upper management does not want to hear, and refuses to understand the position and opinions of employees. Cut hours and lead positions leaves stores understaffed and stressed; however, same quotas and sales goals apply. When work goes undone due to poor staffing, understaffed and busy stores are seen as an excuse rather than an explanation.
Pro érvek
discounts on cafe and book products
Kontra érvek
poor pay, no benefits, short breaks, stressful work environment, little upward mobility
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place for a book lover
STORE MANAGER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX2018, szeptember 18.
Cut throat environment with lack of stability, leadership and direction from District Management to CEO.
The company focus and direction has greatly deteriorated with the revolving door of CEO’s and C level management.
Hard to get an answer on direction of company
Discounts, employees
Kontra érvek
Dm and above clueless on running a business
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved he work but hated the “lack of” pay
Customer Service Representative/head cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dothan alabama2018, szeptember 17.
Working at Barnes and noble was a wonderful experience. My management team and co workers were like family. I would recommend Barnes and noble to anyone seeking employment.
Pro érvek
Discounts, work environment, overall ambiance
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good part-time job for students with decent workload
Customer Service Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  College Station, TX2018, szeptember 17.
I enjoyed working in the MSC Barnes & Noble. It was a great location and since I didn't have a car I was able to take the bus to campus and walk over. The people were cool, I got an employee discount, and most of the time the foot traffic was manageable. The only downside was the requirement to work on gamedays, though we were given the option to work only before and after football games, not during the entire game. All in all, a decent campus job and steady money for students.
Pro érvek
Location, employee discount, business casual attire, easy work, young environment
Working game days.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful work environment but the best co-workers
Newsstand Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, szeptember 17.
Too much work with not enough staff. The rules from corporate are completely counter productive. It's a retail job so there's a lot of customer interaction.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van