Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 2 967 értékelés megmutatása
Poor place to work
Tradebook & Events Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Richmond, VA2017, december 1.
No room to grow and poor management. Management is not efficient. All employees are underpaid and there are no set training guidelines. Work environment is very stressful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked the job, but felt it could’ve been better had the company not decided to base so much of their focus on the Nook reader.
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  The Woodlands, TX2017, november 30.
I love reading & so a job @ Barnes & Noble was Awesome! Sadly the corporate need to focus on greed made the job less fun. I was good at selling books, but that never mattered as the instructions were to always hawk the Barnes & Noble card & convince people they needed the Nook reader. I do have great appreciation for the Nook, I just feel too much was focused on it & feel I was proved right a few years after I left I heard the reader essentially became part of a different company. As far as the Barnes & Noble card went, I feel it was more of a rip off than an advantage & it really depressed me when the little old folks on fixed incomes that would never actually learn how to use the card to their advantage would ask for the card. While I never told them my opinion ~ I felt guilty. It’s not right to treat people that way & I’m glad I don’t have to sell that card anymore. I think it’s sad that the corporate world chooses to create cash cows like that card rather than just letting good sales people do their job of selling things people want to buy.
Pro érvek
never ending books, no uniforms
Kontra érvek
barnes & noble card, elf on the shelf
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work with great customers
Bookseller/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tigard, OR2017, november 30.
I enjoy working with Customers at Barnes & Noble. Helping Customers find books, helping children pick out a book to read and the flexible hours are the perks working at Barnes & Noble.
low pay great managers
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cocoa, FL2017, november 30.
I started this job my second year at BCC as a work study and eventually signed on to be employed longer. My manager was great I just needed more pay and I was switching my field of study to healthcare
Part-Time Bookseller
Calculating sales (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2017, november 29.
In my time as a bookseller for B&N College, the management and overall job culture have both been beyond amazing. They are flexible to your schedule based on your classes and other occupations or commitments, and the work is fairly easy and sometimes fast paced. However, I don't believe I am paid fairly, simply because of the wide range of responsibilities I have to take care of on a day-to-day basis. Great place to grow comfortable with professionally speaking to people, and becoming familiar with sales operations.
Pro érvek
Employee discounts and sometimes free or discounted food items
Only 15-30 minute lunches, have to stand all day
books and awesome people
Inventory Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oceanside, CA2017, november 29.
Barnes and Noble is a great place to work, I am a book worm so i really like being around the books. The management is awesome and really take care of you (even since i was part time)
you get to read books
great atmosphere
Operations Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Frederick, MD2017, november 28.
Loved coming to work: learning new information each day. Loved to check out books to work on. Culture was fantastic: several marriages came from the Frederick Barnes and Noble.
Wonderful close knit people/atmosphere
too early to come to work at 7 with an hour drive with a first grader
dependable team
General Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newport News, VA2017, november 28.
all of the management team was a tight. they all helped each other out and made sure that the store was run equally in all of the departments. they made sure each others staff was acting as they should and doing their jobs correctly. it was team work at its best.
really enjoyed the company as a whole with wanting to make every ones day better.
Pro érvek
warm inviting company to owrk for
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work with customers
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2017, november 28.
Ultimately great place for helping customers and great co-workers but the culture is built for people with no aspiration for upward mobility. . praise is rare . and criticism is quick . The company seems to be having an identity crisis and toys are more of the focus, the problem is that getting more of what you sell well is difficult. time management for replenishment is a challenge. as directions from upper mgmt conflict with the needs of the individual store.
best part of the job coworkers.
hardest part getting the job done with the limited time you have
most enjoyable - the books
Standard retail experience
Responsible sales (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rockville, MD2017, november 27.
Barnes & Noble likes to tell people to come and work for them if they love books. In reality it's a typical retail job. You're just as likely to be stocking toys or working the registers as you are selling books. If you've ever worked a low-end retail job you know what it's like to work for B&N.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lyndhurst, NJ2017, november 27.
The environment was just great, the people were nice and helpful. The only downfall was it was a temp position. If there was an opportunity to go back, I absolutely would.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place with so much to do and nice people to work with
Community Relations Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orem, UT2017, november 27.
The days were long, but passed quickly. I was always busy and loved what I did and who I worked with. Can't beat a bookstore as an ideal job! For me, anyhow!
Pro érvek
Books! I never got bored; always something to do.
Enjoyable workplace
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2017, november 27.
Most days are spent working either at the cashwrap or on the sales floor. Cashiers are required to pitch the Membership program to all customers and request email addresses. Working on the sales floor mostly consists of helping customers, general store upkeep, and helping put out product.
The atmosphere is pretty relaxed and the management and workers are all great. Most of the time, it's a pretty low stress job. I wish there were more incentives to go beyond the base expectations.
Raises are only available annually and there isn't a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. If you're looking for career progression, this probably isn't a great choice.
Overall though, it's a great place to work in the short term, but you will probably have to go elsewhere to advance in the retail world.
Pro érvek
Great management, great coworkers, low stress, PTO for some part timers, discounts
Kontra érvek
No opportunity for advancement, no incentives for extra effort, in the middle of culture shift
Productive and fun place
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2017, november 26.
One of the best jobs I've had thus far! Management was amazing, and I loved all of my coworkers! If I didn't know something there was always someone around to help me, and the hardest part about the job was trying to sell the credit card.
Great discount
General REtail position
Cafe Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Frederick, MD2017, november 26.
It is ok. The day is grueling. The use of the break system is ok and the use of the days off policy is sometimes difficult to operate, particularly during holidays. The opportunity for growth is dependent upon the region of the country you are living in.
Great company
Store Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2017, november 26.
Barnes and Noble is a highly successful company. Always looking at new concepts and creativity to increase its presence in the marketplace. They encourage a positive work place and they always ensure that employees are happy in their current position. They have a success we kisten program where employees can voice out their concerns or ideas. Great company to work for.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive, fun work place with great management
Bookseller, Cashier, Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Staten Island, NY2017, november 25.
I have worked for B&N for over 2 years, and I always tell people how much I love my job. But just like any job (especially retail), it has its cons. At times the work and the amount of it can be stressful and overwhelming, but management helps to delegate and bring the focus back to sales. The management I have witnessed is competent, respectful, understanding, and fun. For most booksellers, your responsibilities change each shift depending on your daily assignment: customer service, cashiering, etc. Because of this, I’ve obtained many skills across a broad area of study: checking out customers at the register, searching and locating product, customer servicing, order processing, and more. Most of the work involves simply learning by experience. But as a book lover, sharing that love with people is certainly the best part of the job, and something I’ll always look back on fondly.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, adequate breaks, annual pay raise, good management, fun environment
Difficult advancement, stressful environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great coworkers and managers.
customer service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  McLean, VA2017, november 24.
It is a fast paced environment made possible by hard working employees, leadership from managers and ever evolving business practices. Seven days a week the store caters to thousands of customers from all over the country and international tourists as well.The traffic of customers may be the most difficult to handle. It is however made easier by the experience possessed by both veteran coworkers and management as well as tools we have to use to cater to each person. Management is active and in constant communication with booksellers giving them the autonomy to handle important tasks throughout the day while still giving exemplary service to any potential customer in need. I have learned new ways to multitask, how to be a professional in even the most strenuous of moments and how to be a more social person with both customers and coworkers.
Pro érvek
Employee discounts, coworkers, trustworthy management
Kontra érvek
Can be understaffed at time
This was boring
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Richland, WA2017, november 22.
This job was not fast-paced enough to keep my attention. It was peaceful and quiet, but there was no competition and there was no incentive to succeed, as I recall.
Munkahelyi kultúra
B&N has always been a great place to work and very family oriented.
Merchandise Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denton, TX2017, november 22.
I enjoy working at B&N and always have. However, it has recently become apparent that there may not be any room for me to advance and therefore, I have decided that it may be more beneficial for me to move on.

Átfogó minősítés