Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 884 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Wasted so many years
Receiver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2018, augusztus 11.
Worked at BN for 15 years. From management to part time and every department. Beyond shady. I worked enough hours to get benefits but was "coded" at 12 hours so I could never get them. Full time positions were almost all eliminated they laid off great, tenured people to do it. Workload to staff ratio was exhausting. Cafe employees left alone for whole shift practically begging for a break which was covered by a manager who was barely trained in there. No training, horrible customers, horrible pay, horrible management, no honesty, shady disrespectful upper management. It started out great but the employees are the most miserable people. All of us were on Indeed looking to jump this sinking ship. Shut it down.
Pro érvek
Discount (but 50% in cafe changed to 30%)
Kontra érvek
Walking in that door everyday. Everything!
Fun and interesting workplace
Bookseller/Customer Service/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tulsa, OK2018, augusztus 10.
The associates are new and interesting and unique, and every single day is different. My favorite part is the employees I work with, and the work I do.
Bookish Downfall
Barista/Cafe Lead (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Las Vegas, NV2018, augusztus 8.
I absolutely love working at Barnes and Noble, the only downside is, its a dying company. There are a few Barnes and Noble that will still for a couple more years but unfortunately the store I am currently working at, will not. It is a great if you're looking for something temporary and put on your resume.
30% off books and cafe
Kontra érvek
Few hours, unless during holiday season
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun workplace with GREAT managment
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rogers, AR2018, augusztus 8.
Loved working here! Best management team. The hardest part of the job was staying on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with.
Pro érvek
book, book, and more books
staying on feet
Great place!!
Customer Service Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waterloo, IA2018, augusztus 7.
B&N offers a very friendly and professional work culture. Management is wonderful and always a pleasure to work with. Unfortunately there are not that many chances for advancements and with recent changes, hours have been drastically reduced.
Munkahelyi kultúra
For a retail store, it's a fun place to work at but salary is low
Customer Service Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Huntington Beach, CA2018, augusztus 7.
It's fun to work at Barnes & Nobles but the pay is very low and little job advancement. The managers are very friendly with you and keep things professional as well. They sometimes pressure you to sell memberships but they do it in a positive way and not in a negative way. Which works because if it was negative pressure, we wouldn't be getting any memberships. Co-workers are all good friends outside of Barnes and Noble. Culture in the store is really fun and friendly. Sometimes customers can be rude but you shouldn't let that get to you. You're mostly walking and standing up. In your shift you're either in Receiving, Customer Information Desk, Kids Dept, or Cashiering.
Pro érvek
friendly co-workers who eventually become your friends, friendly and professional managers, positive environment and culture
Kontra érvek
low pay per hour, very low advancement opportunities, customers can be rude sometimes
just ok
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, augusztus 7.
The manager was inconsiderate most times. There is no respect and growth opportunities for members of the lower staff. Overall it was not a great experience working there.
Stressful and Low Pay
Textbook Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2018, augusztus 7.
Do not work here. Again do work here. I have met some great people working here. Now, you are a college student looking for a discount for textbooks then maybe work here just for the discount its 30 percent off textbooks.
great benefits
everything else
Great Business with Confusing Direction
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  East Coast2018, augusztus 6.
The company has a tremendously dedicated employee base. It is rare in retail to find people dedicated to the business and what it stands for like at Barnes & Noble. However, being dedicated to the idea of a bookstore does not always mean they have a good sense for business. The workload is high. The tools to accomplish the goals are few. There are some great leaders there but it is not adapting and changing fast enough to succeed long term.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Blessed to have had the job.
District Manager Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Illinois2018, augusztus 6.
I was blessed with the manager I had. I was there to support her directly as her admin. She was extremely accommodating to me in regards to schedules. I have chronic health issues and since she traveled frequently, she was great when it came to my changes in schedule. As long as my work was done, she was good. Very much a "you scratch my back, I scratch yours' type of environment. It wasn't just me either. I seen her help many employees work out a work/home life balance. Unfortunately the company had to cut positions and mine was one of them. I have no ill will towards anyone.
Pro érvek
Discounts at the cafe and on merchandise, fantastic healthcare
Kontra érvek
Health insurance only available to full time employees
Fun experience.
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chattanooga, TN2018, augusztus 6.
I loved it here. Many of pros that come with this job. Just not a high chance of advancement; especially when trying to make a living. The employees and customers that you see during each shift is the best part of working here.
Pro érvek
Make your own drinks with a great discount, great area, friendly people, etc.
Kontra érvek
Over staffed, very low pay, chain corporate company, etc.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
corporate bookstore
Chesterfield, Missouri - NOOK Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint Peters, MO2018, augusztus 6.
good staff, poor management

the books are great. coffee is nice. Access to things you may not find unless you go to Amazon. You can find most anything there.
Pro érvek
get check books out, cheap coffee
There were glory days!
Assistant Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Clearwater, FL2018, augusztus 6.
Once upon a time, BN was a great bookstore to work at. Then along came digital and it was never the same. All of the high-pressure sales pitches, salary freezes, position reductions seem to have flowed directly from the failed attempt at being a hardware creator.

Had they just stuck to what they did best they would be fine now. As it is BN does not know what it wants to be when it grows up.
It is books & coffee!!!
Kontra érvek
Low pay, little security, few associates on the floor.
Educational work experience
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Spartanburg, SC2018, augusztus 5.
Enjoyed stocking, selling and working with customers regarding their book needs. Worked as a Cashier for the most part but helped all around book store.
Pro érvek
Able to spend the day around books
Kontra érvek
Short staffed during busy times
Not fun at all
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dearborn, MI2018, augusztus 4.
Would not recommend to work here, the manager’s were not very nice they would throw you under the bus even if you didn’t mess up. The coworkers were the only good thing about working here
Munkahelyi kultúra
Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, augusztus 3.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Barnes & Noble. Retail, in general, can be a difficult industry, but I truly believe that Barnes & Noble is as good as it gets.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a good place to work for a living
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fairbanks, AK2018, augusztus 3.
Too little pay for too much work
Constantly understaffed
Layoffs are common
Management demands employees with physical injuries (i.e. arthritis, back problems, knee/hip injuries) perform hazardous and prolonged duties with little regard to damage done. - I know someone who's hip went out and could no longer stand for the rest of the day, and had a hard time standing for several more days, and was still expected to work.
Zero opportunity to move up in position unless you really get friendly with upper management. They like to pick favorites.
Will not give you time off to see doctor, even unpaid.
The only good thing I can say is co-workers are typically friendly and quite helpful, as well as the lower management.
Pro érvek
Good lower management and healthy co-worker relationships.
Kontra érvek
Terrible upper management, lack of care of employee health. Pay not worth the work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard work but can be fun at times
Barista/Server/Trainer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Frisco, TX2018, augusztus 3.
The people I work with are great. Really friendly atmosphere between employees. Sometimes management can be a bit overbearing, but usually within reason. Meeting quotas is very important, which can be a bit of pain. Good first time job; I learned a lot about customer service and the retail industry. Can be a bit stressful at times, especially during the holidays.
solid
Retail Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chino Hills, CA2018, augusztus 2.
I had enjoyed my time working at this bookstore d ue to the fact that it had enlgightened me about the various forms of sales and marketing that'd be set to take place within work.
Good first Job
Customer Service representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2018, augusztus 2.
Great for people who love books who a just getting into the work force. However, it does not provide a livable wage for customer service/book sellers. Salaries need to increased. Great people work there! All are interesting and passionate and love the store. Doesn't feel like working in a chain.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van