Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 961 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Great place
Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wesley Chapel, FL2018, október 30.
I love books, it was a great place to work. Everyone there was friendly. It was a great place to work. I learned a lot more about books type of books, authors.
fun activities
BOOK SELLER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Flint, MI2018, október 30.
management is biased, hours aren't distributed evenly the customers are great usually give or take. The people there aren't that pleasant but overall its an okay place to work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sales and Inventory Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, október 29.
Great place to work. There's an awesome management and bookseller team and of course a great discount for employees. It's a stressful job during the holiday season and when we get a lot of projects, but other than that it's a great place to work and get started with a professional career.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Keep looking this company has no idea of how to use the old technologies that they use
Help Desk Technician (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Westbury, NY2018, október 29.
This company doesn't know anything about IT . Of course there technologies are all old and outdated . The description for this position is really misleading and based on this organization using old technologies . The use of some of the technologies presented in the description aren't and will not be used . This company needs to close there stores and catch up on there work and technology before you bring those old dinosaurs out of the cave . Good for young up and coming IT student . Possibly good for a second job for an adult
its a job that pays
Kontra érvek
better than no having no job
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast-paced, high energy book haven
Barista in the cafe (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Cloud, MN2018, október 29.
I've been working for Barnes and Noble for over two years now and I don't intend on leaving. I am a book lover, and the store's emphasis is putting a book in the customer's hand, and having a conversation about it. This is exactly how it should be, and I love it.

The hardships are there, but most days they are manageable.
Discount on bookfloor AND cafe
Kontra érvek
Thin staff most evenings/some busy days
Munkahelyi kultúra
All good things must end
Bookseller and Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Florence, SC2018, október 29.
When I began working this job, I loved it. Over time, though, became incredibly draining. The level of support from management decreased and became unreliable. I still love the company, and my coworkers. I even still think fondly of most of my former managers and think I would work for a different location but this just didn't have lasting potential.
Great discounts, wonderful coworkers
Kontra érvek
short breaks, missed breaks, angry customers, lack of managerial support
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and Flexible place to be
Bookseller/Barista/Receiving/Children's Lead (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Huntsville, AL2018, október 29.
This is a pretty good place to work. Most coworkers are nice. Management overall is good. Would like better career advancement opportunities, but is a great entry level job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Employees were fun to work with
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lakeland, florida2018, október 28.
Loved customer service. Helping customers find or order the right book. Enjoyed working there, supervisor nice and helpful. Enjoyed the employees discounts.
Discounts, helping customers
Kontra érvek
My back issues were hindering standing and carrying books
Great Place to work
Bookseller and Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, október 28.
I work part-time at Barnes and Noble. It is a quick-paced job, and you have to be able to multi-task. I worked in management for 7 years, and decided to go back to school to get my degree. I now work part-time and enjoy it.
Love the bookselling culture
Kontra érvek
Sometime you get pulled in many directions
Barnes & Nobles
Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Norfolk, VA2018, október 28.
Nice place to work but employees should make at lease $9 an hour. Everyone works together with getting the job done and I have been train effectively on the correct way to deal with customers and also how to train new employees.
team work environment
better pay
Challenging work for a National Retailer
Sr. Customer Relations & Risk Management Advocate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lyndhurst, NJ2018, október 27.
A typical day in my position entails forensic research of customer claims; order history and fulfillment, payment transactions, inventory management as well as proposing amicable resolutions to complex customer service issues that benefit both the customer and the company as a whole.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Extremely fun place to work, but it minimum wage.
Cafe Server (Volt alkalmazott) –  Blaine, MN2018, október 26.
The managers are great, the people are great, and most of the customers were great. I enjoyed this job to the point where I've considered staying on the schedule once a week just for fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great co-workers and staff, horrid executives with wrong vision
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, október 26.
The day to day life is filled with shelving books, cleaning up shelves, and helping customers find what they want. This is about the same in any bookstore, but what's different about B&N is that corporate has no idea how to stay relevant. Essentially, books have about a one-month shelf life which financially makes sense but adversely affects customer relations. I remember many times where a customer asked for a book and I'd be surprised that we didn't have it. The usual response to this was, "Well I'll get it on Amazon;" ergo B&N loses sales by having quick turnaround times for books. The leads and managers recognize this issue, but their hands are tied by the demands of corporate which has this bad habit of dumping its inventory to follow trends. If the employees had a bit more autonomy, then this wouldn't be an issue. My coworkers cared deeply; corporate doesn't.
30% employee discount, friendly staff
Micromanagement from corporate
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really nice place to work
Ann Arbor - Barista/Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ann Arbor, MI2018, október 23.
The management and other employees are really great to work with. They are willing to work with your schedule, and the company provides a lot of great benefits, even to part time employees.
Pro érvek
works well with scheduling, positive atmosphere
Kontra érvek
short breaks, the pay isn't amazing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
It's been a while.
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montgomeryville, PA2018, október 23.
I honestly don't remember much of working there. I was just a wee lad. I just remember that everything was really expensive, I had to pay if I wanted any coffee even though I never did (yes I stole espresso), and my immediate manager was super chill and stole coffee with me.
like a 20% discount I think
no free coffee
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Loved job, but downsized
Community Business Development Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Olympia, WA2018, október 23.
Unfortunately this position was downsized, but loved the job. If company can stay competitive with outside forces and stays relevant it excellent atmosphere.
Pro érvek
Teamwork, outside connections, fun atmosphere
Kontra érvek
Downsizing, analytics that don't always go with reality.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fast paced.
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Elizabethtown, KY2018, október 23.
Working at Barnes and Noble is a great job. It is fast paced but if it is a slow day we are able to get other important things done. The company is very family oriantatedas well.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
Its a distance from my home
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work
Children's Lead/Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Township of Howell, NJ2018, október 23.
Some days are more busy than others but there is always something to do at work. Management is willing to work with you when you are in need. Easy to be trained in all areas of the store in order to make advancement in the company. Most enjoyable part is helping customers find the perfect book or gift. Hardest part is balancing workload with customer service.
health/vision/dental insurance, 401k, vacation days, sick days
retail hours
Great CoWorkers
Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Asheville, NC2018, október 22.
I always enjoyed the people I worked with, but the company needs a better relationship with their employees. They have no consideration for quality of living when it comes to pay, and no idea of the amount of work it takes to run their stores. A given task always takes the same amount of man hours to complete, it doesn't matter how many or few people there are working. One person can only complete so much in a given time period.
little hours
Barista/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, október 20.
when getting a part time job at the cafe at barnes and nobles, understand you wont be able to live off that unless you are in high school living with your parents
30% discount at barnes and nobles
little hours
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van