Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 635 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work when it isn't busy.
Barista/Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bridgewater, NJ2018, május 10.
A typical day at work was pretty busy; there is always something to do. Whether it's helping customers or cleaning or preparing the food, there is almost always something that needs to be done. Coworkers are by far the best part of the job.
Antiquated Company with Good People
Community Business Development Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indiana2018, május 9.
Company is in the midst of overwhelming and overdue shifts to align itself with other retail giants. As expected, lots of growing pains associated with sweeping changes to culture, processes, and technology.

Store and regional management can make or break a store culture.
Pro érvek
Discount, corporate recognition program, flexible scheduling, rewards self-starters
Kontra érvek
Growing pains, conflicting information, us/them with management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent Job for younger people looking to get experience
Café Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bensalem, PA2018, május 9.
Not a career, but somewhere to broaden your views of customer services. Atmosphere is great, especially if you're a book lover, and love the cafe.
You will have to deal with the most ridiculous customers, once they see the word "Starbucks".
Employee discount is amazing. Very very useful.
Company wide management could use some help (since BN hasn't been faring well economically)
Employee Discount, Fun Environment, Great Coworkers, Always moving
Kontra érvek
Low pay if looking for career, Management can be poor at difficult times
Loved It
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Center Valley, PA2018, május 9.
Everything was awesome at this job. The people, the customers. Management was fair. If it was still feasible I would be there now.
However, I don't recommend this to anyone who is addicted to reading. So many books certainly not enough time or money.
books
books
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Bookseller
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cleveland, OH2018, május 9.
The job was okay. As a temporary job, I had a month of time to just walk around 7 to 8 hours a day with no time to sit and being in pain from all the constant walking and bending. '

I know with a system they want people to be on the floor at all times but i think i could be treated as a library. Most people aren't afraid to go up to a worker if they need something, but instead you have to be on your feet and on guard and it's just tiring sometimes.
Kontra érvek
too much time on your feet
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great people but manament made it rough.
Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Glendora, CA2018, május 9.
Great employees. The majority of them were very unique individuals are willing to extend their hand in friendship, and guide you to be the best bookseller.
Loved everything about it
Assistant Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2018, május 8.
I would go back in a heartbeat! I loved it from the first second to the last. It makes me sad that there will be less brick & mortar stores for book lovers, but I will enjoy them until the last day!
Discounts!!!
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Metairie, LA2018, május 8.
I had a blast working there. It's hard to say anything bad about the job. It seemed like the company really cared about you and tried its best to take care of you. It's customer service, so you occasionally get a crazy customer.
Stability
Customers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
This job is great!
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wadley, AL2018, május 8.
I have learned ordering of books. I have learned working with professors. I started my college career here. The hardest is Fall rush but the job great.
Pro érvek
Great people to work with
Need better training
Relaxed, simple job
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Holland, MI2018, május 6.
The job itself is quite simple and easy to do. Management is very good about taking care of each employees needs, very helpful. It is a relaxed environment to work in.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a good company to work for
Cafe Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hyannis, MA2018, május 6.
Barnes & Noble used to be a great environment to work in. Friendly co-workers, friendly customers (for the most part). B&N kept their employees happy until they realized the company is going downhill. Now, you're held at an unbelievably high standard and get paid pretty much minimum wage. Every choice B&N is making is trying to save the company, but they're losing all of their employees along the way! This job is not worth the stress.
Paid time off
Pay, inconsistent management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed working with the students
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Alexandria, LA2018, május 6.
I really enjoyed working here. I met all kinds of people, people came from all over to attend college at LSUA. I not only learned from them but i was able to teach some of what i've learned through the years.
Time is Limited
Bookseller/Cashier/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roanoke, VA2018, május 5.
Barnes and Noble is a sinking ship and will eventually close its doors. They fire senior staff members with no notice every year after the Christmas holidays. They've been doing it for years.
Book discount
Kontra érvek
Everything except the book discount
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Productive learning experience
Assistant Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, május 5.
Organizing and systematizing store.
Assist clients in making buying decisions and supporting them with the inventory.
Work was challenging.
Management and the team made the workplace fun.
Best Place I Have Worked
Cafe Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Midland, TX2018, május 4.
The Barnes and Noble in Midland was one of the best work experiences I have had so far. I loved the people I worked with and the management. They try very hard to work with you on scheduling and any life events that may come up.
Benefits for part-time
Short lunch break
Munkahelyi kultúra
Poor work environment, management does not care
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tyler, TX2018, május 4.
This would have been a good job had the manager cared about doing more than the absolute bare minimum. The people hired while I was there ended up being terrible and then ended up being fired because the manager only cared about having a warm body in the positions instead of looking into hiring good employees. He did not care if the store was severely understaffed. The easiest part of the job was dealing with the customers and the most difficult was dealing with management. It is very obvious that the company is slowly dwindling and going under by how little they pay their employees and how they only offer benefits to their full-time employees.
Pro érvek
Discounts on books and Nooks and things
Management, work environment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent hardware engineering team from mgt to individual contributors, much respect.
Sr. Packaging Engineer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Palo Alto, CA2018, május 3.
Great place to work and grow your skills. VP of Engineering hired hard and managed easy respecting SMEs. International travel with team was collaborative and enjoyable.
Pro érvek
Free meals, flexible working hrs
Kontra érvek
Sales could not keep up with demand and division folded
Great Job for your resume
manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2018, május 3.
This company really believes in promoting those that are dedicated. The environment is great! The people you meet are even better. The comfortability in this job is when you become full time. The only downfall I see is that you only get annual raises instead of every few months of progress. However we are a work environment that looks out for each other and works together as a team day to day.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
raise periods
Excellent environment
Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Aventura, FL2018, május 3.
Barnes & Noble was a nice place to work. The associates and customers enjoyed the store. We felt like we were providing a needed service to the public.
Its a BOOKSTORE
Kontra érvek
Public uses it like a library
Ehh
BETHESDA / BOOKSELLER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fredericksburg, VA2018, május 3.
Its not a bad job by any means well above the average retail job. But its not something your going to be able to live off of for the longest time. For the most part the coworkers and discounts are better than the job itself.
Pro érvek
half off in the cafe, nice discounts
bad hours, typical reatil
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van