Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 913 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced but relaxed setting
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Las Cruces, NM2018, október 14.
Cafe is typically busy during the mornings and during lunch hours as you tend to have many regulars who arrive to the mall to walk in the morning and mall employees stop by for a coffee or lunch break throughout the day. Always something to work on and to help keep clean. Frequent interaction with book floor staff and decent discounts on food and goods.
Pro érvek
Discounts, relaxed work environment, able to build good report with regular customers
Kontra érvek
Very public space to constantly on the lookout for suspicious activity, daily reminders that cafe was unable to accept Starbucks reward/gift cards
Pretty good part-time job
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bainbridge, GA2018, október 14.
I learned how to multi-task really quickly at Barnes & Nobles as a bookseller. I learned how to use a cash register and ship in and out book orders and etc.
Pro érvek
Discount, was on my college campus, and it was an easy going job
Kontra érvek
Had some trouble with the assistant manager
Great environment
Barista/Shift Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint George, UT2018, október 13.
This was the first job I had and it was fantastic. The management was very helpful and wonderful with training, and wanted me to succeed. They like to keep promotions from within and I like that.
discounts
Kontra érvek
hard to get a significant raise
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun quite place to work.
Cleaner (Volt alkalmazott) –  Golden, CO2018, október 10.
Fun place to work .People are so friendly to work with activities .Holidays people come in more during Christmas ready to pay money for great gifts.very busy time of the year.
Discounts on merchandise.
No benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Nice first temp job
Customer Service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  CCBC Essex2018, október 10.
Scheduling is very flexible. You’re meeting new people everyday. After the main event there weren’t many hours given. Management was fair. Not many tasks on a slow day.
Discount on books & clothing
Kontra érvek
Little to no hours after the beginning of the season, short breaks
It is a good place
Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cleveland, OH2018, október 10.
It was a good experience to be there, it was one of my job experience in America, so i have learned a lot about the time management, commitment. I have met good people who were helpful to me.
Pro érvek
Team work and hardworking place
Kontra érvek
They like strong and commitment people
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good for part-timers with no interest in advancement, not great for everyone else.
Book and Music Department Sales Lead (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, október 9.
I started working here 5 years ago when I was still in school looking for a part-time job to make some money. Over the years, I've attempted to move up in the company multiple times but was always overlooked or denied in favor of some outside hire who never had any intention of sticking around long enough to make a decent impact on the store. I've outlasted 4 store managers, a dozen or so ASM's, and countless booksellers to be the most senior bookseller at my location and yet that's still not good enough to be promoted. The only reason I'm still here is that of the enjoyable work environment, but even that has its limits.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Stocker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boca Raton, FL2018, október 9.
I was only there for a seasonal position but the managers were always trying to encourage you to be your best and how to improve yourself and would give some positions fun contests to compete in such as up saleing etc.
Discount from starbucks
great!!
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reston, VA2018, október 8.
One of the best jobs I've ever had. Lots of room for growth. Fun working environment. Relaxed yet fast paced and encouraging. Management really cares about your family life and every employee becomes a member of your own family
Good for Retail
CBDM (Volt alkalmazott) –  Queens, NY2018, október 8.
If you like books and like to upsell, this is for you. Managers try to make it fun everyday. You are able to work in different areas of the store so that everyday is different.
Good discount
Always short-staffed
Alright
Cashier and Book Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Massachusetts2018, október 8.
Didn't mind working. Management makes sure to keep you busy, few customers in store except for mid day Saturday, after church on sundays, or the holiday season.
An Excellent Temporary Position
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, október 7.
If you love to read and are just looking for a temporary holiday job with decent discounts on lattes, this would be the job for you.
The team was amazing, the customers were well read and quite fun to speak to. The systems were easy to use, and you were paid weekly.
Pro érvek
Books absolutely everywhere, discounts in the cafe, good culture for a temp job
Kontra érvek
not enough breaks, on your feet the whole shift, temp job with extremely low pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Poor Management
CAFÉ SERVER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Virginia Beach, VA2018, október 6.
The upper management was the biggest reason why I left. Overall, it was pretty chill, great paid and even part-time people can get sick time, and after six months paid time off.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Retail with all that that implies
customer service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2018, október 6.
The public is exceedingly demanding! The company micro-manages too much. The stores have zero autonomy. Wages are low. Benefits are practically non-existent.
Diverse
Book Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newport, KY2018, október 5.
Great place to work for fun and discussion and discounts. The company doesn't typically adhere to employees with families or family schedules however. More prone to schedule family hours for college students to have the ability to party verses employees with families and slightly less seniority. Weekend hours are hard to change or cut back on.
Pro érvek
books, great discounts, fun workplace, great co workers
Kontra érvek
hours and pay were terrible and inconsistent
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxing and fun place to work!
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waterloo, IA2018, október 5.
I loved this job! The employees are great, the discount is SO worth it, and the hours are mostly minimal, which is both good and bad. It was a relaxing environment, except through the holidays, when it gets crazy like most retail places. It's a fun place to work, and I definitely recommend it!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Productive and fun
Cashier/Cafe (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Glastonbury, CT2018, október 4.
I love working at Barnes and Noble, they schedule well and are able to work around my college classes. Only issues are benefits and the pay I'm getting isn't enough to pay the bills. Love my workers and managers, the environment.
Atmosphere and People
Benefits and Pay
Fellowship
Customer Care (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Hyde Park, NY2018, október 3.
It was like an extended family and I found the even on the busiest of days, it still felt leisure.
The hardest parts were on inventory days and the most enjoyable parts were the books and diverse customers.
Pro érvek
Bonding with Customers and Co-workers.
Kontra érvek
short breaks and inventory day.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Not worthwhile
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boston, MA2018, október 3.
While I was there, management was a drug addict who has since been fired, but who was borderline abusive to minimum wage employees. Nice to talk to regular customers, though
It was a fun work place
Brooklyn, NY - Assistant Summer Youth Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, október 3.
Working here was not bad at all, honestly. Aside from the consistent standing and walking around there was not much to complain about. the children were children and the adults did their jobs as best as they can
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van