Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

3 805 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 806 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Good entry level job
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  East Brunswick, NJ2018, július 17.
My co-workers are the only reason working there is worth it. Yes, the discount is a plus, however the pay is barely livable and there is little to no chance for advancement. It's good place to work if you're fresh out of school or need a little something extra but its not somewhere you could stay.
discount
Kontra érvek
no chance for advancement, no pat time benefits
Great place
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Huntsville, AL2018, július 17.
I really enjoyed working here. Sometimes the customers got a bit hard to handle, like if they couldn't think of a book they wanted and would just say, "it was blue" or something stupid like that, but overall it was a really laid back place to work with good colleagues and decent work hours.
discounts, hours, starbucks
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
A former leader currently on life-support.
Lead Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2018, július 17.
While this company never paid very well, the discount on books and other benefits marginally balanced it out. I also enjoyed working with people who were literate, and enjoyed reading. Sadly, the company's leadership has run this ship into the ground.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good atmosphere. Overworked employees.
BOOKSELLER (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Dundee, IL2018, július 17.
A shift at Barnes & Noble was typically relaxed and enjoyable. The hours were flexible, but the longer I worked there the more cuts there were. I was continuously given more responsibility within the workplace and cross-trained in all departments, but received no increase in pay.
Atmosphere, fellow employees
Underpaid
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great benefits if you are management
Cafe Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Silverdale, WA2018, július 17.
My years at Barnes and Noble were great mostly because I was in management. Many benefits have been taken away from part time employees, and it is difficult to provide enough hours for most employees.
Full time benefits
No part time benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
was good for being a student
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2018, július 16.
not too many hours, most weeks i did less that 15 hours total and when i did work it was either very slow paced or non-stop chaotic customers. But overall I enjoyed the experience the people I worked with were pleasant.
Ok
Book seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2018, július 16.
This was a great place to work. Everyone that I encountered there was very professional. It's a shame I had to move or I'd still be working there to this day. Amazing benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You get along with everybody
Part-Time Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  North Little Rock, AR2018, július 16.
The workers are very nice. You feel like you can talk to people. Customers are friendly when they want to be. You have no room to advance. You do not have benefits unless you are full time, which is only managers. You do not get paid time off or paid sick days.
Discounts
No healthcare
Relaxed
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2018, július 15.
Working for Barnes and Noble was great. It was a very relaxed environment and the coworkers were very helpful and understanding. It is a good job for people who love being around books.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
Not many hours available.
Munkahelyi kultúra
way too demanding & horrible pay compared to any other cafe!
Cafe Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Westlake Village, CA2018, július 15.
so demanding and too much work not worth minimum wage!!! management is very demanding and expect too much and disregard the fact that you’re simply a minimum waged employee!
30% off bookstore.
Kontra érvek
very poor pay. poor coverage.
Barnes and Noble Bookseller
Part-Time Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Arlington, TX2018, július 14.
As a part-time bookseller at Barnes and Noble Bookseller, I loved my job. I would at the cash register frequently which I enjoyed greatly, as well as in various parts of the store reorganizing and restocking. I especially enjoyed working in the Children's Book Area and helping parents find books for their children. A great deal of time was spent reshelving and straightening books which I found satisfying as I am a very neat person by nature.
Pro érvek
Getting to see all the new arrivals come in and the discount
Educational
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Florida2018, július 14.
Working at Barnes and Noble is a very educational experience for me. The staff there are friendly and welcome you with open arms. You not only build friendships there but strong bonds that will never be broken. At times the job can be very fast paced while other times it can be quite relaxing.
Flexible Hours
Kontra érvek
Very little pay with inconsistent hours per week
Sinking Ship
Digital Sales Lead, Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Nashua, NH2018, július 13.
I luckily left before things started to get very terrible and my position was eliminated. Don't start a career at Barnes and Noble . Corporate is gutting the stores and leaving them with bare-bones crews, creating a very stressful work environment.
Okay
BARISTA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kansas City, MO2018, július 12.
Not the best job ever, but good enough. Not very much room for growth. The company is tanking, so I would advise looking elsewhere. You do get some pretty nice employee perks, though.
book learning
CSA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Conway, AR2018, július 12.
work with friendly people who helped teach you how to do different jobs, it helped me understand more about subjects i didn't know everything about and a great environment.
Loved working at B&N
Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jefferson City, MO2018, július 12.
Liked the flexibility, learned how to categorize and stock the books, worked well with the staff and loved working with the customers. This by far was my favorite job. The hardest part of the job was getting your work done before going home. The most enjoyable part was meeting the customers and hearing about their book experiences
Meeting the customers
Kontra érvek
Not being able to meet the customers needs because it was out of stock
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great store culture, great customers, recommend this company
Children's Department Lead (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ventura, CA2018, július 11.
My full-time position consists of setting up/taking down/refreshing displays, customer service, planning and hosting store events, and recovering the sales floor. Even though the staff is always pretty busy, everyone is almost always in a good mood, and the management team is approachable and empathetic. Being around books and talking about them all day is a huge plus. MY least favorite part of the job was all the recovery that was needed on top of juggling behind-the-scenes projects - most days, I wish there were at least five of me to get it all done! Full-time people receive good benefits, and the in-store discount is fair.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You are surrounded by books.
Community Business Development Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Allen Park, MI2018, július 11.
For somebody who loves books and does not want to make a career out of a Barnes & Noble than this place is perfect for you.Great customer service experience although slightly disorganized and fluctuating management at the moment.
Discount on books and Cafe
Kontra érvek
Transition to more of a money making and less focus on working with employees
Good Benefits
Sales and Inventory Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, július 11.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity employer. For a full time employee they provide good benefits. Among these benefits are health, dental and vision insurance and a 401K option. A store discount and paid time off are also included.
Munkahelyi kultúra
BNC-- the ideal college student employment
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Groton, CT2018, július 11.
I love my job at the bookstore. Our campus is small and we don't have much for student affairs, so we are a low volume store with only 3 employees but I would recommend to every college student to apply for their bookstores since it is a convenient and flexible job that is very understanding of the working conditions needed for a healthy college schedule.
flexible
low pay
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van