Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 961 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Great 2nd job
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jonesboro, AR2018, november 13.
Doesn't have enough hours. The discounts are very nice. There are several managers some are nice others are questionable not. very fast paced training.
discounts
management
It's Retail...
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fenton, MO2018, november 12.
If you have worked any sort of retail then you will understand what working for Barnes and Noble is like. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with customers that will yell at you for the slightest reason. But if you have a passion for books, you will find ways to cope. Ultimately it depends on your store location. Some stores will be better run than others, and some stores will have more competent managers than others.
Pro érvek
Like minded peers with a passion for books.
Kontra érvek
Scarce benefits, low pay, rude customers.
Lose Lose Situation
BARISTA / CAFÉ SERVER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hampton, VA2018, november 12.
My B&N has a very high turn over rate in terms of employee employment length. However, I think this not only has to do with amazon's overhaul of popular products making them more available at a more affordable price. Barnes and nobles also doesn't pay their workers enough to stick around especially knowing there is no room for career advancement as also mentioned in the hiring interview.
30 percent discount almost store-wide
No perks, benefits, vacation, PTO, OT, etc
Fun easy going workplace
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Troy, MI2018, november 12.
I was a bookseller at Barnes & Noble. My job was the help customers on the floor to find books they were looking for or to help recommend books based on other titles they enjoyed. I learned a lot about customer service at this job and with the help of a wonderful manager, I learned many aspects of the business that I wasn't aware of before. There was a very diverse group of associates that I worked with and we all seemed to enjoy our shifts together. The most enjoyable part of this job, aside from the people, was all of the books and authors I got a chance to learn about.
Management issues
Lead Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Huntington Beach, CA2018, november 10.
I loved everything about the job except for the poor decisions that came from those higher up in the company as well as management being very unorganized.
Good Job
Cafe Lead Server (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boynton Beach, FL2018, november 9.
This is the best job I've had yet. But to be honest that's not really saying much. Come see for yourself. You probably won't be disappointed. Hope you like books.
Pro érvek
Pros
Kontra érvek
Cons
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun environment and a lot of tasks
Barista and Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oceanside, CA2018, november 9.
Being a part of the Barnes and Noble environment is fun but stressful. You have to make sure that all tasks are met but the co-workers are fantastic! Everyone is supportive and willing to work with you. As long as you work hard as well.
Fun environment and co-workers
Kontra érvek
None that I can think of
Pretty easy job
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Allen Park, MI2018, november 7.
Sadly was let go after not even completing training but the job was not hard at all it's extremely simple baking, making drinks/food, using a very complex register
Discounts on whole store
Kontra érvek
Don't give people a chance
Fast paced
LEAD BOOKSELLER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gainesville, FL2018, november 6.
This is a fast paced job at times but in the slower times there is still tasks to be done. Working here was like working with family, everyone is great and caring. The managers understand that school is a big deal and are willing to work with you with your school schedule.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good retail company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bozeman, MT2018, november 6.
Generally this is a good company. Management will vary from store to store, but you can expect good managers overall. The company prefers to promote from within and will transfer between stores. This is a SELLING culture. You are expect to sell product and services. This is a retail business. Expect to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
Rewarding and fun
Community Business Development Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jonesboro, AR2018, november 6.
Working at Barnes & Noble was overall a very fun and rewarding job. The work environment was amazing and my coworkers were terrific. As the years went by and the company faced a financial crisis, it became unrealistic to meet sales goals. Company downsizing also eliminated many full-time positions.
Employee Discount, healthcare, work environment
Kontra érvek
Unrealistic sales goals, company financial crisis, downsizing, layoffs
Munkahelyi kultúra
My favorite place to work
Receiving Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wellington, FL2018, november 5.
Since starting with the company in 2008 I’ve had an excellent experience. There was only one store that I worked at out of the 4 that had any issues and that was due to poor management. Otherwise it’s been the most comfortable, active, and reasonably challenging workplace I’ve ever had the pleasure to work.
The only real downside was the lack of advancement opportunities. Recently multiple full time and manager positions were completely eliminated company wide. This has made advancement even more difficult as well as complicating workloads. Benefits are excellent if you could manage to find yourself in a full time position.
Barnes and Nobles
Cashier and Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bentonville, AR2018, november 5.
Was not a bad place to work will going to school. Added bonus of getting discounts on books for college which as you know can be pretty expensive. I would recommend working here to others
Satisfying Place To Work
Head Cashier & Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Millbury, MA2018, november 4.
I love being able to go into work every day and talk to customers about books--in many ways, it's the most rewarding job that I've ever held. There's always new books and authors to discover, and sharing that experience with customers looking for a new book is always exhilarating.
Overall Okay but No Tips and No Scheduling Website
Barista and Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bloomington, IN2018, november 3.
I liked my job as a barista starting out, but my dislike of the company quickly overtook me. We’re forced to throw out food that is “going bad” and aren’t allowed to take it home. We only get a 30% discount and we rarely ever get tips because Barnes and Noble thinks that tip jars “look bad”.
The scheduling system is horrendous. There’s no online system because they’re currently “in between” services. You have to go in the store, in person, to write down the days you want off and even then managers can overlook them and schedule you anyway.
I loved working with customers and making drinks, however I very much disliked a lot of the company decisions. It was a good place to work at- the managers were nice, but for me personally it wasn’t a good fit.
30% off on store 20% off audio
Kontra érvek
No tip jar, horrible scheduling system
n/a
Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Smith, AR2018, november 2.
it was a fine place to work. Mangament isnt great but the workis easy and as long as you do what your told you will do just fine. The coworkers are amazing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice work environmnt for retail job
Head Cashier/Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sandy, UT2018, november 2.
Plus: Training for all positions was adequate for positions. Working in a bookstore is pleasurable. Most people working there loved books and long-term employees were upbeat and excited to go to work.

Negative: The company struggled to to compete with Amazon and discount sellers, so books became less important for sales. Like most retailers, there were few positions with consistent hours and schedules. Keeping your job was the only incentive for most positions, so turnover and no-shows became a problem.
Great part time job
Shift Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Palmdale, CA2018, október 31.
Barnes and Noble was amazing, From being cafe lead to receiving or cashier to customer service I always had a great time. The pay wasn't to good but they worked around your schedule.
Barnes and Noble Booksellers
Bookseller/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, október 31.
I believe that the job itself is easy, if you are capable of being quick on your feet, friendly to customers, and efficient with tasks. However, the pay for part-time is only minimum wage and the opportunities to increase the pay are very low and only once a year. However, employees do receive a 30% discount.
short shifts
low pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Typical Retail Drudgery
Head Cashier/Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Eden Prairie, MN2018, október 30.
B&N was my first job, and in the sense that it taught me what to expect from a retail environment, it was useful. Otherwise, the culture, the pressure, and the inconsistent message from corporate all contributed to a sense of apathy among the staff. I became good friends with many of my fellow employees and managers. They were generally people who shared a passion for reading that corporate manage to quash through its addiction to meeting (usually absurdly forecasted) sales numbers.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van