Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
not a bad place to work
store supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2018, február 18.
The job was easy but frustrating at times. There was not a lot of work space. Backroom could be crowded but management was kind and friendly. They worked with you and looked out for you.
Favorite Job Held
Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Omaha, NE2018, február 18.
A typical day work a 8 hour shift, with a great team. On the sales floor you would help assist customers, and shelve books. At the registers you will sell the member card and attend to normal cashier duties.
Fun place to work
Department Lead / Supervisior (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newington, NH2018, február 18.
B&N hires the best people. It's the coworkers that make this job amazing. Everyone there is fun, intelligent, and shares a love of books and reading that can't be found anywhere else. Even though there were many expectations, metrics to hit, and tasks to complete, there was never any stress or pressure about the job. We did what we did for the love of the people around us, nothing more.
fun place to work
Community Business Development Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbus, GA2018, február 18.
Good Place to work. Fun atmosphere. Great discounts on books and Starbucks. Hours are not that good. Long hours and weekend work as well as the holidays.
High pressure low reward
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Nashua, NH2018, február 18.
The pressure to sell memberships is insane and without any form of incentive. Coworkers are usually really nice and good friendships have been formed and customers are typically pretty pleasant as well. However, they just had a nationwide sweep of layoffs and my store alone lost four of our best employees. Since the managers weren’t prepared for it, this week was a madhouse. Part time has good hours at the moment but full timers are left worrying about job security. Many of us are currently looking for work elsewhere. Ultimately, I think it’s a bit risky to work there at the moment with the decrease we’ve had in sales, who knows whether the stores will even stay open for much longer.
50% discount on café, 30% books, 20% everything else, great coworkers
Kontra érvek
High pressure, unstable hours, very little job security
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to get along with your co-workers
Lead Bookseller/Digital Sales Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roseville, CA2018, február 17.
Through Barnes & Noble I have learned how to lead a team. I have learned the value of communication within the team. Most days that are slow are filled with enough day to day tasks to still make the work day fly by. I have learned how to merchandise, stock, replenish.
Employee Discounts
It is a failing company
All Good!
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lyndhurst, NJ2018, február 17.
Loved the job, but due to me not having sick days, the days I called out with doctors notes weren't excused. I dealt with checking if the vendors had the books or other items in stock before even ordering them. And dealing with the actual book stores in helping them locate the item or informing them on any delays.
Best Job in the World, no job security or advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mandeville, LA2018, február 16.
This is a great job if you are looking for a family of coworkers and management, great customers and have a drive to succeed and work for nothing in return but enjoyment. Layoffs are expected. Part time employees sometimes get between 0-5 hours a week (20 hours MAX) Full timers have a LOT of responsibility (which we all love and share) Corporate is great in many ways, but they are also slowly killing the company (hence layoffs and no job security or advancement, every Full timer that leaves will never be replaced)
50% off in BN Cafe, 30% off books
Kontra érvek
no advancement, no full time availability
Previous Employee Laid Off
Supervisor/Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York State2018, február 16.
Typical day at work: Easy job made unnecessarily stressful

What I learned: Trained very versatile in several departments after persisting self knowledge

Management: poor communication, disorganized, stressful

Workplace Culture: relatable and friendly
Employee Discount
The Company
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful workplace where you cater to Amazon customers
Bargain Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rockville, MD2018, február 16.
Performed more tasks than was required in my job description but was not paid what I deserved. Co workers are friendly and helped make work more enjoyable. Discount on books and merch.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Poor Managment and Corporate oversite.
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint Petersburg, FL2018, február 15.
Lack of advancement, poor training, management is never very clear or not very often will you find one that is. Staff can be friendly if caught at the right time and place. Workplace environment varies depending on staff members at the time and their mood. Very hard to get things done and to focus. Very nice place to learn and to get discounts, meet new people and to also find yourself.
Fast and Interactive
Textbook Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2018, február 15.
Working at Barnes & Noble was a great learning experience. I learned how to handle many tasks that were thrown at me. I also learned how to work at a fast pace in order to keep everything moving in the store. Finally, I learned team work skills. This was due to collaboration that was necessary to accomplish tasks.
Learned New Skills
Low Pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Enjoyable work environment
Bookseller/Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Freehold, NJ2018, február 15.
Nice workplace culture. Able to have good customer interaction. Management very understanding of the work/home balance. Most enjoyable part of job was customer service.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great atmosphere and interesting workplace.
Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  High Point, NC2018, február 15.
Barnes and Noble is an excellent place to work especially if you are interested in books and assisting customers in finding what they are looking for as well as a few things theyay not have known they wanted before entering the store. The store atmosphere is a comfortable mix of productivity and fun, with a good chance for advancement and excellent benefits and payscale.
fun atmosphere
Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Federal Way, WA2018, február 15.
Interesting, fun and active place to work. Really enjoyed my time there. Employees that work there, really want to work and help customers and motivate each other.
nice employee discount
raises are that great
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, very supportive environment
HEAD CASHIER / CERTIFIED TRAINER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Goodyear, AZ2018, február 14.
Had a great time working for the company. I began my career as a part-time bookseller, was promoted to music department lead, and then to full-time head cashier. Both management and staff were very supportive of one another, because individual success leads to team success. I would still be with the company had corporate not deemed my full-time position part of an "outdated staffing model."
Flexible hours
Don't work here
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Milford, CT2018, február 14.
Barnes and Noble is a sinking ship. The company can't compete with Amazon, and it's going under fast. Because of this, I, along with all the other full-timers in the store, except for the managers, showed up to work one Monday morning to find out we were all being summarily laid-off, because we were part of an "outdated business model". In reality, our benefits were just too expensive. The company gave us no warning whatsoever, and while I understand that Barnes and Noble simply can't keep up with Amazon, or even our own website for that matter, the company was cruel, and it did those layoffs all across the country. It won't be long until everybody left there is let go soon. Additionally, the company is just not a good place to work; it's governed by incompetence, spite, and favoritism. Don't waste your time with Barnes and Noble.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 2Jelentés
No advancement
Digital Sales Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Morgantown, WV2018, február 14.
Do not go into a career with Barnes and Noble thinking that you will advance. You cannot plan for the future. There has been a steady decline in sales and avaible positions. Amazon and lead competition is taking over and BN cannot keep up. This was my most favorite job and I made best friends. I gained a work family, with coworkers and customers in the store. I was laid off this past week, shockingly and randomly. My dreams crumbled in a split second. I find myself unemployed with no health insurance. This is the most terrifying experience of my life. Look else where if you are seeking full time employment with benefits. Do not plan on building your life around this career. My heart is broken.
Pro érvek
2 fifteen minute breaks, and one 30 min lunch. Intellectual environment. Great employee dicounts
Kontra érvek
Company decline. Thousands of employees laid off.
Great workplace
Administrative Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tulsa, OK2018, február 14.
Working at Barnes & Noble was like going to college - I learned so much! It was great to meet authors and learn about new books, co-workers were fun, intelligent and creative
excellent place to work
Book Seller/Café Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Federal Way, WA2018, február 14.
A typical day was relaxed. Holidays and back to school days were quick paced. The hardest part was locating a book when the customer has no idea what they're looking for, but it a great feeling when you manage it anyway through deductive reason.
discounts, fun work enviroment