Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 635 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to be but limited career advancement
Cafe service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2018, május 19.
people are mostly really cool, managers included. Corporate has a lot of BS going on that the store itself cant do anything about i.e. sales goals and policies
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great coworkers but horrible pay
Head Cashier, Full Time (Volt alkalmazott) –  Eagan, MN2018, május 18.
I worked there for one year before getting let go by the company because they had to fired all full-time non managers. My coworkers were wonderful.
Book discounts
No job security
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worst Temporary Job EVER!
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2018, május 17.
I just felt that the managers were very rude. I never really learned anything of value. It was very unorganized and overall I would never refer anyone to work at that particular Barnes & Noble College.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
Bad customer service, managament, and experience
In trasition
Lead Software Engineer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, május 17.
CTO is outsourcing and laying off. Remaining employees becoming broken with workload and 24x7 schedule. They are not in software business and phasing it out.
Overall, not bad
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Kent, OH2018, május 17.
As a university student (I technically work for B & N College) there isn't a whole lot I can do to advance in my current position. My one big complaint is a lack of hours. I enjoy my job, though.
Good management, flexible hours
Inconsistent hours
Excellent customer services
Cafe Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Camden, NJ2018, május 16.
Great work environment with room to grow within the customer services related field. The company focuses on having a fun energetic well managed customs services environment to ensure a good community relationship that will benefit not only the customers but its employees.
Great Coworkers
Lead Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mishawaka, IN2018, május 15.
This was a great place to work. It smelled like coffee and books. The customers were as varied as the products that we sold. Our location was great at hiring passionate and friendly people that were just the right level of strange. It was a job that required plenty of physical work along with a strong knowledge of the products that we sold.
Pro érvek
Great people, great discount, and delicious cafe treats
Kontra érvek
Weak wage growth and a shift to only hiring part-time positions
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, május 14.
its a nice place to work during a summer or when you have to take classes . the job is easy you will be busy only the beginning of the semester and the rest of it you can focus on your study . its fit for people want to work and study
nothing
short break
Comfortable place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Westbury, NY2018, május 14.
A typical day consists of paying invoices, but sometimes varies as to publishers and cafe vendors. Over time, that has remained stable while I have also taken on more duties.
Pleasant atmosphere
Playing favorites, personality driven
Unfortunately Going Downhill
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Milford, CT2018, május 13.
I originally got the job because I loved books. It was my first job, and I didn't think I would leave until after college. The first few years were great, but as of 2017 a lot of things changed. The company began to move in a direction that was more based on selling. Which is fine, but they were unwilling or unable to provide the staff necessary to make what they wanted to happen actually happen. Staff were required to only "sell" to customers during most of the workday. No putting away products, cleaning, or even standing at the customer service desk for too long. When the shipment came in, you weren't allowed to touch it until after 4pm when the store closed at 10, and they wanted it all done by 8 or 9. This would all be with two employees working on the floor on a good day. On top of cleaning the entire store, selling to customers, and answering phones, one person had to do all of the shipment. It got out of control. Add in apathetic management that didn't want to help with anything, only complain about how difficult their jobs were while sitting down and texting, and it wasn't an easy place to work. I still love Barnes & Noble. If things had been better, I would have stayed. But it wouldn't be possible now.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's not the company it used to be.
Head Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Albuquerque, NM2018, május 12.
I loved my job at Barnes and Noble, my particular store functioned like a well oiled machine and it showed in our sales metrics and customer loyalty. I had a great discount, life insurance and paid vacation, sick, and PTO days as a part timer, and when I was promoted I had that and full benefits and was making a living wage. I loved the customers and had plenty to talk to with them.

I only wouldn't recommend them because they just did a company wide lay off and dissolved a lot of lead positions (mine included), so there isn't a lot of advancement opportunity, and lower positions are picking up that slack.
Pro érvek
has a great culture, good customers, relaxing place to work, good employee discount
Kontra érvek
no one really buys books anymore
Munkahelyi kultúra
A company that used to be great; I wish it wasn't dying
Cafe Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kentucky2018, május 12.
When I started at this job 7 years ago, I loved it. The people were great, management was great, culture was great. Within the last 4 years, everything has gone downhill. Management expects results without being supportive. Constantly understaffed for the business. Desperate (and not smart) moves made by corporate in an attempt to save the business are driving employees away. I wish this wasn't the case, for several years it was the best job I ever had.
Discount, paid vacation, 401k
Kontra érvek
Unreasonable expectations and goals, lack of support from management, constantly changing direction
Needs New Direction
Business Development Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Willow Grove, PA2018, május 12.
This was an enticing opportunity that has potenital to help the company grow, but they're unwilling to fully invest. The retail industry is failing and they are feeling the hit tremendously. I tried my best to juggle the various facets of business but our division is not built to develop that business on an enterprise level. The change was constant and confusing. Communication was obsolete. You are certainly not appreciated for the business you bring in, but chastised and disrespected for when you can't achieve unrealistic/fabricated goals that don't coincide with the landscape of the business.
Pro érvek
store associates, cafe, fundraising, educational business opportunities
Kontra érvek
business tools, communication, upper management, inventory management
It was ok
Customer Service/Sales (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2018, május 11.
Boring during some hours but too much of a push to sell memberships. I liked that I could go to school and still have a job. Had favoritism towards who got the most hours.
Relaxing and fulfilling job
Bookseller and Textbook Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Baltimore, MD2018, május 11.
Overall, very relaxing work environment that caters to both employees and patrons. Would recommend this job to high school or college students as they go hand-in-hand.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Slow paced
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Bruno, CA2018, május 10.
Typical day was opening the store, baking, prepping, and display management. Worst part of the job was hands down the management. They treated employees awful, wrecked work when an employee didn't finish on time. Another manager was constantly saying terrible things about almost every employee.
Relaxing
Munkahelyi kultúra
B&N is a good company to work for.
Store Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dover, DE2018, május 10.
B&N is a great family feel. The company is supportive and great to work. They have a good training system in place and will work to to prepare the team to succeed.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
B&N Part Time Cafe
RETAIL SALES AND CAFÉ ASSOCIATE (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, május 10.
I started as seasonal and was hired on full-time in the cafe. It was a lot of work but manageable, but I had to quit for personal reasons. The pay was fair and the workplace culture was something I easily adjusted to.
Boring, yet low maintenance
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cedar Rapids, IA2018, május 10.
Hours go by very slow, you often stand doing nothing. It's never busy, even the busiest days are easy to handle. Customers tend to be more hostile here for some reason though.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great people to work with, not so great company values
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fenton, MO2018, május 10.
I really do enjoy working here, and the people i work with. Very much a work family. It's Corporate's views and values that make it hard to want to stay. With their recent and unexpected cut of all full time employees, part-timers like myself are expected to pick up the extra work load on top of their expectations of work ethic. Corporate is just trying to save the company but are absolutely not putting their employees first.
Pro érvek
Great people to work with, awesome discount, flexible hours
Kontra érvek
Corporate is only out to save themselves. Low pay.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van