Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 3 884 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not as much future as there used to be
Receiving Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Peoria, IL2018, augusztus 18.
As a company there just isn't as much room to grow as there had been in the past. There are less full-time positions and they are not as stable as they once were.
Not great
Barista/Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Greenville, SC2018, augusztus 18.
Barnes and Noble was a great place to work at first, but soon realized they lack opportunity for career advancements and raises happen annually at only 25 cents being the most for "exceeding company expectations". Management cares more about company quotas than employees well being.
Munkahelyi kultúra
poorly managed with insulting expectations placed on workers
Bookseller/Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bakersfield, CA2018, augusztus 17.
company was bleeding money and instead of trying to innovate and bring in new customers they placed extreme expectations on the booksellers and baristas to badger customers about multiple promotions that were always ongoing. Management set quotas for how many drinks, memberships, promoted books etc. that you had to sell without offering any kind of incentive, customers frequently complained about the badgering remarking that it was akin to walking on the a car lot
Kontra érvek
poorly managed, impersonal, random hours, schedules made the week of
Fun workplace, bad management
Community Business Coordinator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cherry Hill, NJ2018, augusztus 17.
B&N is a good place to work if you don't intend to be there permanently. The corporate side is making poor decisions for the company resulting in people quitting. There are good managers at the store level but most are on the lower tier of management. Higher level managers are not good at their jobs, and some don't even do their jobs. They just sit in the office and let their employees handling everything out on the sales floor.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Okay culture, declining quality of life
Bookseller/Receiver (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York2018, augusztus 17.
I loved my job, and my customers, but I had to leave. The environment was increasingly toxic, none of my managers liked each other, and there was constant harassment and verbal abuse. They wanted me to do managerial work for no extra pay, and when I turned them down, they cut my hours and refused to treat me with any respect. Reporting harassment to any of the managers, including our district manager, did nothing. In fact, the harassment of me and my coworkers got worse to the point that most of our experienced staff have already left. They don't train new people completely anymore, since they expect them all to quit months later (rightfully so), and they belittle anyone who asks too many questions. It's really unfortunate, since the job itself, the books, and the customers of my store were fantastic. Bookstores aren't really dying because of ebooks. They're dying because the company isn't treating booksellers well anymore.
Great coworkers, 30% discount on most products, some paid time off
Kontra érvek
No health care, no benefits, poor management, toxic atmosphere, harassment
Good company
Bookseller/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Erie, PA2018, augusztus 16.
This was my first job. Barnes and Noble is slowly dissolving and it's unlikely it will survive as a company much longer. They consistently close stores and throw under qualified management into their remaining stores. If it were not for my previous manager, I would still be employed with the company.
Fast pace workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL2018, augusztus 16.
Great support system and great staff to work with. Great learning environment, and room for growth. Understanding staff and management. Overall a great place to work.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
No health insurance for part time workers
Expected
Team member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Elizabethtown, KY2018, augusztus 16.
It was a temp position for rush during the beginning and toward the end of the semester. It was fast paced and students were usually stressed during this time so it was your job to do all you could to ease that stress by getting them what they needed quickly. If a costumer was being rude we were told to get management so they could handle it and we could move on to helping someone else.
Pro érvek
They would work with your class schedule.
Kontra érvek
You saw a fare share of irritated and stressed students and parents.
Productive and Fun
Café Server/Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  El Paso, TX2018, augusztus 16.
Keeps you on the move for the most part regardless if its busy or not. Recommend as a starter job to help develop customer service skills and ability to multi-task.
The people are great.
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, augusztus 16.
The people who work at Barnes and Noble are great. Management not so great. Hours per week are inconsistent, and your annual raise is twenty-five cents. It is great if you are looking for part-time work while going to school.
Barnes and Noble 265
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Belleville, IL2018, augusztus 15.
Thoroughly enjoyed this job during my undergrad days at community college. Sold regular books as well as textbooks which made beginning and end of the semester very busy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced environment to work in
Book Seller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Garland, TX2018, augusztus 15.
Barnes and Noble is a corporate structured company and it limits the additional input from employees for better moral and work environment. Barnes and noble offers advancement opportunities, but has recently removed some positions that were advancement position so now there is limited advancement and no incentive.
Flexible Hours, Store discounts, Employee appreciation for additional discounts
Kontra érvek
Stressful, short staffed, managerial issues
Positive company culture
Store Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Irvine, CA2018, augusztus 15.
I worked here for five months at a smaller store. Management was supportive and the company culture was positive. I have nothing else to add to this review.
Love This Company
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Milwaukee, WI2018, augusztus 14.
I absolutely love working for Barnes & Nobel. I love books, music, and movies so this is literally the best job I've ever had. My store manager is amazing and very easy to work with. All of my coworkers are great as well.
Discount, Management, Colleagues, Customers
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
unstable management and horrible pay
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fullerton, CA2018, augusztus 14.
This is not the kind of job that can financially sustain an adult. You will have to surrender your entire schedule to management to get even close to 30 hours. Every week, the schedule changes, with only a couple days notice.

You will be forced to hound every customer for their email and try to get them to sign up for the membership.
horrible pay, unstable hours
Had fun
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gaithersburg, MD2018, augusztus 14.
I loved working with the other booksellers and managers. I do not like the pressure of having to sell memberships. I loved helping parents find books for their kids.
Selling memberships
Negative work environment
Café Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Augusta, ME2018, augusztus 14.
I began my three year tenure at B&N and absolutely LOVED the first 2 years. I was hired externally for the new café lead position and worked closely with the café manager up until her sudden departure. Being most suited at the time for the position, I applied for, interviewed and received a promotion for Café Manager! It was super exciting and started off really well. However, because of the sudden state of our café after the previous café manager's leave, I did not receive the usual café manager training where I would have trained for my managerial position within another store. Down the road, that severely impacted my ability to execute my manager duties effectively. I did not receive any training in business acumen whatsoever and everything with the systems that I did learn was self taught by poking around when I had a free moment. I was also scheduled as a member of staff, not as a manager overseeing my department, which made it excessively difficult to see to my managerial duties. The store manager was adept at the operation of the bookfloor, but regarding matters in the café, she did not understand the scrope and did not provide helpful feedback. Often times her criticisms were harsh and belittling.
So Not Worth It
Barista/Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2018, augusztus 13.
I started out in the cafe. I was trained well and the cafe management was great. The problem? Although I was getting paid minimum wage, I was doing what the managers were doing, but without the benefits. When the managers weren’t there, I was told by the bookfloor and general managers to call/write in and put away the orders, call mechanics, and other things I had no training on. There also were many, many times that I was in the cafe all by myself for an hour at a time during a rush. Twice just happened to be when the food and milk order came. Even the regulars started to notice.
Besides that craziness, the closing shift would always be 3:00-10:30, or 11:00. There is too much to do to close up the cafe with only 2 people.
When I finally got the chance to remain in the bookfloor, someone left in the cafe, and I was told to cover for them. This happened not only for the day to day coverage, but I ended up only getting shifts in the cafe because so many people had left the company.
On the flip side, the bookfloor was fun!
Pro érvek
Discounts, easy access to coffee, the “book smell”
Kontra érvek
Long hours with little help, not enough pay for the work for someone who DOES NOT DO THE MINIMUM.
It was ok
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, augusztus 12.
Almost always super crowded so its hard to move around. Some supervisors have favorites. Improper health training. Almost impossible to switch positions.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Customer service
Customer Service Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2018, augusztus 11.
I really enjoyed working for Barnes and Noble. I worked as a sales associate. I stocked merchandise, completed sales/cash transactions, assisted customers and helped with store events. It was fun. The pay and hours were good.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van