Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 4 091 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
A Good Entry Level Job
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Toledo, OH2019, február 16.
The workplace is very friendly. While it was a fast paced job, it is quite clear that everyone has their place and are important. Even as a temp I was treated with respect and got the same treatment as someone who planned to work there longer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved being surrounded by books everyday!
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saratoga Springs, NY2019, február 15.
This was my first part-time job and I loved it. I loved being surrounded by books every day and my 30% off discount. My coworkers and managers were great but the company itself isn't doing well. There was a lot of pressure on selling and it was hard to get consistent hours because of how much money the store made. My store couldn't afford to hire extra booksellers so we were understaffed and I had to do a lot of extra work with no extra pay.
Pro érvek
Discount on books and coffee, great people
Kontra érvek
Lack of hours, understaffed, pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Discount is probably the only Pro
Bookseller/Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint Cloud, MN2019, február 14.
My time at Barnes and Noble was a mixed bag. I enjoyed being around books and coffee and nerding out with fellow staff and customers, but the rest was not good. The pay is pitifully low, without even legitimate raises (pay bumps because minimum wage went up should not count...), and the manager was horrible! She was the main reason I left, besides the pay. She was controlling, manipulative, and micromanaging. She stressed everyone out, and the atmosphere was just awful. She had favorites and would bully the staff members that she didn't like. No one wanted to be there when she was there. Also, the hours were really inconsistent. One week I would have 15-20, then the next only 8, and some weeks, none at all. It was impossible to budget. I would not recommend this place to anyone, especially since the company recently axed over fifteen hundred employees. Not a good sign.
Books and discounts
Kontra érvek
Pay, bad management, inconsistent hours, company's outlook seems poor
a job
Receiving Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gilbert, AZ2019, február 12.
just a customer service job. No complaints really. It was fine. There was a lot of up selling required. Pleasant atmosphere. We got breaks. It was quiet
Enjoyable and Good Staff
Customer service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Elkridge, MD2019, február 12.
Its your typical retail place, but what really made it was the fact that the managers and other booksellers were all very wonderful people. I would highly recommend this job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I hope Barnes and Noble stays open forever.
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Palm Desert, CA2019, február 11.
It was good to get some drink mixing experience in while working in an environment encapsulated by the many books, both classical and contemporary, that lined the shelves.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
1,0
Management Cliques
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Glendale, WI2019, február 11.
I quit working from here because of how poorly I was treated by management. They were very much like a clique. They gossiped a lot, and if one of them didn’t like a coworker, all of them wouldn’t like that one person. One of them wouldn’t even refer to me by my own name. He would call me “this one” and wouldn’t even speak to me when I was right in front of him, and instead would tell someone else to tell me something... They told me I had to prove that I was sick in order to call off for so many days because I had the flu, so I had to come into work to show them I was incapable with handling food that day, and they still didn’t beleive me. I even called four hours ahead and they said I needed to call even earlier, and that it was my fault they were short staffed.
Plenty of breaks
Kontra érvek
Coworkers are rude, no tips
its what you'd expect
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Carle Place, NY2019, február 10.
no surprises here. its exactly what you'd expect. good coworkers. good managers. you wont get paid much and the hours arent ideal, but its the best job in retail.
discounts
hours, pay
I love this place!
Retail Associate (Part Time) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Torrance, CA2019, február 9.
I started off as temporary and was one of the few people selected to stay on. My managers are great and everyone is friendly. My schedule is flexible.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good employee culture, miss it....
Cafe/bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  High Point, NC2019, február 9.
I had a great solid pt job at this establishment, mangers were super and fair!! I perfected my position with swiftness and professionalism but doing my job every shift it left me highly drained after my shift. I was never trained by their book standards which I continuosly asked them to train me, but even without I was at the job for a few years. I had the most amazing co workers!!! Ones that were truly good and smart with many different background cultures. They made you feel good. There are a rare amount of weirdo customers that creeped me out mostly guys, but every city has them eh? I had wonderful managers and wanted to go further up the ladder and learn so much more (because I'm highly trainable) and they don't want to advance most, or only in one field. Great pt job just no advancement except for raises. Good job for most.
Pro érvek
Time and half on holidays
Stressful, weird customers
Part-time worker through college
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dothan, AL2019, február 8.
I believe that Barnes and Nobles is a great place to work if you enjoy helping customers. In my experience I have had a pleasant time with my higher ups and my coworkers.
I liked working there
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Midland, TX2019, február 8.
Got the Barista job with the hope that when a position opened on the book side I'd be able to move over there. Eventually, a position opened but it was filled by a new hire. Was pretty bummed about that.

I ended up leaving because the commute time (30 Minutes) was just too much for what I was being paid.

Liked my bosses and co-workers.
Stressful and Poorly Managed
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2019, február 7.
Coworkers were great, but the job is very stressful. Customers are often very set in their ways and pushy and management is extremely poor. Often times the management would step on each other's toes which would lead to confusion. Training is pretty much nonexistent but you are expected to be perfect regardless. I do not and would never recommend this company.
Coworkers
Management, stress, customers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Individual experiences will vary
Merchandise Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lafayette, IN2019, február 7.
Depending on your store's management team and District manager, the experience working here can vary greatly. If you have a good management team the job can be very rewarding and you have the opportunity to impact your community. If you have a poor management team or DM, it can be extremely disheartening frustrating to work here.
Pro érvek
You get to read all the books!
Kontra érvek
Corporate not understanding store level operations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its retail but they show you respect as a human being
Bookseller (Volt alkalmazott) –  California2019, február 6.
Management is like all retail, it depends on who you end up with. I've had amazing managers that if they asked I would leave my job to help them in a heartbeat, and I've had managers who treat the job like its a playground picking favorites and hating on those who don't fit in their circle. It all depends on who your manager is as each manager and store is different. But the one thing I do love about Barnes & Noble is that no matter whether you're part time, full time, bookseller, or manager your still important and they will try to make you feel as comfortable and safe as possible. They really do care about their employees.
Great discounts, Good people, Longer breaks than state mandated
Kontra érvek
The discount for the cafe decreased by 20% last year, sometimes there are completely unrealistic standards for one person to do on their own
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Fun place to work
Cafe Server (Volt alkalmazott) –  Poughkeepsie, NY2019, február 5.
Great place to work, relaxed atmosphere, nice coworkers who had been with the company a long time, pay was low, not many benefits beyond store discount if you are part time.
Good environment
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Manchester, CT2019, február 5.
-Help customers find the books they are searching for, order the books they can not find.

-Relaxing environment, very accepting of individuals

-Corporate demands too much for too little money
Peabody, MA Barista position
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Peabody, MA2019, február 5.
Starting pay is $12.00 an hour, and pays more based on previous cafe experience! The atmosphere is a lot of fun with books and coffee, and a great team of employees that make the shifts fly by while having a great time!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not enough money for the amount of work done.
Stock Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Coral Springs, FL2019, február 3.
As a stock associate, you only stop to take your break, you are constantly unpacking and distributing merchandise. A lot of heavy lifting (keep in mind these are boxes filled with books). The overall environment is nice but with only a $.25 wage increase a year it seems you're going nowhere.
Good environment, 15 min. Breaks
Kontra érvek
Poor wage compared to the labour
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun atmosphere, kind managers, flexible hours
Retail Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bloomington, IN2019, február 3.
I was able to call off if there was a school emergency or if I was sick. Since I am a student, the managers require me to work more than four hours a week but the times I have to work are very flexible due to my student schedule. They also can not schedule you during class times.
Lunch break, discounts
Low compensation
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van