Barnes & Noble Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 4 004 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Anxiety and depression inducing
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greenville, SC2018, december 9.
Not a great place to work if you have mental health issues and managers who simply don't care about them. Interacting with customers was fine, but I feared going in every day for what type of panic attack I might have based off of the manager working that day.
I loved helping people
HEAD CASHIER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bozeman, MT2018, december 8.
- My typical work day included re-stocking book and merchandise shelves, helping customers locate a specific item either in the store or online for order, and being cashier for customers.
- I learned how to close the cash drawers on a daily basis, and to ensure the store was neat and tidy for the next days business.
- Our management team was very friendly, encouraging and supportive.
- I enjoyed the workplace and the people I worked with. I especially enjoyed helping customers locate what they were looking for.
- The hardest part of the job was trying to obtain customer memberships to the store.
- My favorite part of the job was setting up new sales displays.
30% discount on store merchandise
Working retail hours
chill job
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Paramus, NJ 076522018, december 8.
good work environment. most of the managers are cool. the only issue is that there transferring process is terrible. your better off just applying to other locations on your own. its the best experience I've had working retail. nuff said.
Barista
Barista/Cafe (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Bruno, CA2018, december 8.
I was a barista for the cafe in Barns and Noble. I would have to make the drinks and also food, when ordered. I handled all transactions and cleaned. I learned to do inventory.
Discounts
Pay
Gets worse every year
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  United States2018, december 7.
Company has completely lost its identity, with a great deal of its focus going to overpriced toys, shoddy tablets, and other assorted gewgaws, while whittling down its selection of books. Revolving door at the top, with 5 CEOs in as many years, no coherent vision or direction. Massive layoffs of key personnel. Payroll slashed, workload increased exponentially. Corporate leadership changes directions every time the wind blows. Every year I think it can’t get worse and it does, and I’ve been with the company for a LONG time. Pay is not even close to competitive. After minimum wage increases, was promised a market increase that never materialized. Work life balance is a joke, employees expendable. Crummy pay and stressful workload means high turnover, which means you’re always training people who never become experienced enough to be efficient workers or good salespeople. Don’t know why I’ve stayed. Stay away.
Books are cool.
Everything else
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Camden, NJ2018, december 7.
They are very flexible with your hours. especially if you go to school most of the time. They give you resources to pass your classes and they encourage you to take time off to focus on finals and midterms as well. Great job if you are a fulltime sudent
It was a good Job
Music Seller (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reno, NV2018, december 6.
It was a good job for the time being. Pretty fun and relaxed environment and had great coworkers that were very understanding and willing to help whenever the time arisen.
Really relaxed work environment but DON'T GET COMFORTABLE
Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Buckhead, GA2018, december 6.
I was hired as a bookseller but unknowingly ended up taking on two more positions as a cashier and customer service representative. I would say that the work is not hard at all you just have to be really good with customer service. The environment is very relaxed as long as you do your job in selling memberships and day to day responsibilities. The manager is generally laid back as well. However, you can and WILL get released and replaced if need be so do not get to comfortable.
fun work place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Waterbury, CT2018, december 5.
great job for students or part time work
get paid weekly
awesome break times you get a 30 min break unpaid and a 15 min break paid

they are really good about break times so you never have to worry about missing or skipping your break
overall fun and relax work load
great discounts for employees
Fun workplace terrible pay
Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Larimer County, CO2018, december 5.
Very fun workplace! The customers are usually nice (yay bookstore customers!) and the other booksellers and cafe employees tend to be very relaxed. However, be ready for micromanaging, especially from district managers! They also have secret shoppers that evaluate the employees at least once/month, and messing during one of these visits leads to huge headaches. Just as a heads up, they start at just over minimum wage, regardless of experience, and only consider raises (0.25/hr) in October. This meas that getting hired any time from July to October will result in no possibilities for a raise until October of the next year, so apply early on in the year! These are really the only cons though, so overall this is by far the best retail job ever!
Awesome employee discounts
Micromanaging and secret shoppers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very nice and easy work place
Bookseller/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fairfield, CA2018, december 4.
A typical day at work was very fun. As a cashier i met all kinds of different people. Each with there own interesting opinions. My co workers were very kind and understanding as well as friendly.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
no full time postion unless mangement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed place to work with great people
Barista/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Loveland, CO2018, december 4.
The workers at Barnes and Noble are interesting to get to know and incredibly committed to their jobs. Management is often not as involved as they should be and is usually unsupportive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy my co-workers immensely. Management is upbeat and fun to work with. This is the best team I've ever worked with in my 35 plus years career.
Children's Lead Bookseller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Grand Junction, CO2018, december 3.
All jobs have their ups and downs but, this job is great. Co-workers are a team. Management is great, and they get in and work hard with you. Discounts are a nice plus. Would recommend my Store to anyone that would like to work there.
Staff, Management and Discounts
Kontra érvek
Hard to be on feet all shift
Productive and enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2018, december 3.
Barnes and Noble was a great first job. Personally I love books and assising customers in finding the right book for them was a reward in of its own.
Although it was only a temporary seasonal part time job I'll take the experiances with me into any and all future employments.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Experience but not very flexible with availability
Sales Associate, Book seller (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Burlington, VT2018, december 2.
I love working at Barnes and Noble. Overall it is a great experience, but some of the management wasn't very considerate about time availability because of how understaffed we were. I was given too many hours and even when I asked for less it slightly changed and then again when back to how it was before. The work culture was mostly healthy but it was very difficult to handle while also going to college.
Pro érvek
Sweet coworkers, slight raises, great experience
Overworked and overbearing
Fun work
Business Development Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, december 2.
Loved working for this company. Retail has hit hard times but hopefully they will adapt to the changing environment and remain in business for the future
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hideous, toxic work bevironment with okay benefits
Sales clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Crystal Lake, IL2018, december 1.
Seriously this job is horrible. The people are cruel and gossipy like a nasty group of teenage girls. They’re all horrible! But the job itself is fine. You get some vacation time which is cool.

Peace yolo
Typical college job
Store Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Detroit, MI2018, november 30.
The job was in a good location from where I went to school. The management was not ver knowing of what they were doing, and wasn't a very welcoming enviroment.
Worst Job I have ever had
Recieving Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sarasota, FL2018, november 29.
At first, I loved working for Barnes & Noble. It was fun, quick paced, and full of fun loving people, but that all changed as time went on and I became more comfortable around my coworkers. The only light in the entire time I worked there was working in receiving with one of the best managers I've ever had, but Barnes & Noble didn't think his position, or the 2 head cashiers, or even the woman who did all the VOS orders, were important enough to keep, so in one fell swoop my boss, as well as 3 other coworkers were let go before they could even clock in.
Bad Management, Bad Coworkers, Bad Social Setting
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent job for college student looking extra spending money
Bookseller/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  NC2018, november 29.
B&N College is a great place to work as a college student. Managers are very understanding and will work with your class schedule. Very good job experience as well since you get to participate in different aspects of the company (i.e. shipping/receiving, online orders, merchandise, etc.)
Pro érvek
good job experience, understanding management
pay
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Barnes & Noble? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van