Bankers Life

2,8Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 2 113 értékelés megmutatása

Pie in the sky...Reality of income is mis represented....

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
The training is good for a new agent but don't expect to earn enough to pay the bills or eat. This is a 100% Commision job in which you pay for everything bussiness cards, pens, etc.. also Training Cources and exams for Licences for the right to sell Bankers life products, Sales Leads, E&O insurance. You pay for pretty much everything except the phones and a desk which is coming from your sales etc.Bankers Life in Chantilly has a very active revolving door of Agents who leave due to the lack of income. And Leave the residule business income sold to the branch manager.You are expected to share 50% of your commisions with more senior agents who help you sell on client visits...So your goal is to last long enough so you can leach of the new agents who are trying to start of in the insurance industry...

Pro érvek

Training and the occasional free lunch.

Kontra érvek

Admin staff, Poor Income, Out of pocket expenses, Income sucking new agent structure
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

AMAZING opportunities for income!

You get what you put in! Bankers has the best training program and bonus structure you could imagine! 3 years in- lifetime to go! I love this company and MY CLIENTS! No other company interest me though I get headhunters calling weekly!

I love working here!

I have been at Bankers Life for two years now and I have no plans to leave. This job is hard and not for the faint of heart, but if you love to work hard, can stay inspired, and stick with it, good things will always happen. The management team is top notch and the office feels more like a family. Everyone will stop to help you whenever you have a question. We all enjoy and celebrate each other’s success!! No life like the Bankers Life!!!

Pro érvek

Gift cards, prizes, bonuses, free trips!!

Kontra érvek

Cookies are not an everyday event.

Compensation, Work/Life Balance, Relationships

I have been with Bankers for 3 years now. I haven't written a review in my time here, but after reading these I think I owe it to anyone reading these reviews to have a fair perspective. I love my management team!! They are true supporters not just friends that tell me what I want to hear yet what I need to hear to grow and be more successful. They help me succeed not giving me excuses of why it is ok to fail.The team I work with is amazing!! The CULTURE we have among us is truly unreal. For the first time I work with people who want to invest in me instead of compete with me. Really wonderful people from different walks of life. Isn't this one of the things we look for in all careers, DIVERSITY?We have the best Branch Office Administrator I have ever seen in any business. I have not seen someone so eager to succeed, grow and still be so passionate.Now we have to address the challenging side of the business . Yes you do have to work hard, but there is a process. If you follow it this job is not hard. You have to be coachable, without this you will not enjoy this career enough to see what it can do for you and your family. Ultimately I will ask this question to sum everything up. What are the major things you look for when looking for a career that you will be in the rest of your life? Here are a list of mine I think most would agree (I have all of these with Bankers):Work/life BalanceFlexibilityGreat financial opportunityIncredible Culture Retirement with a continued stream of incomeImpressive bonus structureTrips/Dinners/Parties

Pro érvek

You are in complete control of your career
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Not told the truth about the job until training

During training I walked in confident to be an insurance agent. I didn’t realize, I wouldn’t get paid, that I had to cold calls 100-200 to set appointments, which I would get 1 or 2 appointments. Then we had to cold knock on people’s doors. I had never gotten Covid until I started working there. The also promise to mentor me. I know very little about this type of insurance.

No pros

Kontra érvek

That even if you make any money, they take a fee

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Stressful and Hostile Work Environment

Highly discourage potential agents from working with Bankers Life. The work environment was stressful and hostile and little support was given to agents. Most of your time is devoted to lead follow up and when you fail to meet goals, you run the risk of being shamed in office meetings.Pay: Commission only for agents as you are a 1099 employee, yet you are treated like a paid, W-2 Employee with all the expectations.Training: Little training is given on the products, though if you're willing to approach management (which is often stand-offish), you might be able to get additional training.Schedule: You'll spend at least two of your days on the telephone attempting to make appointments. The other days you are traveling for client appointments.Work/Life Balance: This place requires the consumption of your entire life.

Stressful & Hostile Environment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great job if you don't need pay or benefits.

1099 job of you get what you put in to it. Office has little to no structure, I assume due to 1099. Leads assigned are not good. You will be primarily a telemarketer that people screen your calls. Great work life balance with no set or real schedule. Pretty much 100 percent self taught job with help of videos and behind the screen training. Almost no hands on training with other agents or management. No benefits besides a deferred commission retirement plan.

No schedule.

Kontra érvek

Pay, benefits, training, opportunity.

New Management is INCREDIBLE

The Huntsville branch has an entirely NEW management team in place that is incredible. The CULTURE of this branch is unmatched. Not only do the people here WANT to see you succeed, they will do everything in their power to help you get there. This branch is growing and there is so much room for growth & leadership within this company.

Pro érvek

trainings, leadership opportunities, fast track to management, no pay caps, flexibility, work life balance

Good Training

Bankers Life has an excess amount of repetitive training, and is based off of cold calling. Calling leads that have been completely cycled through numerous times. Better leads are favored and sent to agents in higher positions with the company. They expect 15 appointments a week with 3 sells. It to their curriculum it takes 250 cold calls for 5 appointments and the call days are Monday and Thursday. It takes the whole day to get 250 calls. With two call days, you’re at 10 appointments. Get ready to call on the weekends, start knocking on doors like they advise or call family members. Commission rates are very low. 45% of the yearly premium for a healthy plan 35% for a guaranteed acceptance plan. I will say that as a beginner coming in this training was great, and taught me everything. But they’re also teaching you how to find money in these homes in order to refer them to your office financial advisor to make profit of you.

Great Training

Low Commission

Help you to obtain License

Not worth It. Phone leads really bad. Not a big concern with them. Work place culture was good. People were ok to work with. Cons have drawing and give away gift cards.

Small Incentives.

Kontra érvek

Substandard Leads. Disconnects, Wrong numbers.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Competitive environment, not supportive offices

Would never recommend the pay is too low. You are required to be in office so they can supervise you an forced to attend classes over and over regards of skill levels old leads are recirculating causes issues with other agents seeing your clients unfortunately. You work solo so safety can be concerns for folks. Offices are not places you want your prospective clients to see an never private spaces. You in one open room so all can see an hear you all day. Ask to see the nasty kitchen that smells of dirty dishes . Good Luck in finding a place that you fit in if not won’t be easy place to be. A lot pressure to sell to make them money weekly goals. Ask alot questions when you interview an do homework about what cash flow an chargeback do effect budgets.

Don't work here

I wouldn't recommend this company. They let me go 2 weeks into my training with little to no support from my trainer (he was busy buying a new house). They also took away 1/2 of my last paycheck without explanation or any sign of helping figure it out.

Friendly Work Environment

A typical day at Bankers Life is an agent being in the field on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. They say you make your own schedule to increase your sales but there are meetings all day on Mondays and Thursdays. These meetings are congratulating the agents that sell the most. Most of the time, it's the same veteran agents, and only new agents in the first 3 months. Also, on Mondays & Thursdays, they expect you to cold call in the mornings and the evenings, after their meetings, to book up for the week. The management is rocky. Some of them are new, some of them don't care and some only come to the smaller offices to complain. Depends on the office you are in. The workplace culture is like a call center on office day mornings. The hardest part about this career is making the money. You can put in 18 of 24 hours/day and not make a dime. It is commission based. The products sold are not what consumers are really looking for, so you have to make them see why they need it and then constantly remind them why they got it so that you won't be charged back. You are going to be working extremely hard, cold calling, door knocking, mailing letters majority of the days (NOT OFFICE DAYS). If you have a family at home, for the first 2 years, if you want to be successful, You probably won't see them as much or be involved, besides that.... The agents start with Medicare and end with a full retirement cycle run through to help the client, which I believe is an awesome cycle. The agents are literally almost retirement specialists and insurance brokers. Meeting people and servicing -

Frustrating

Training for new agents needs improvement. An effective mandatory train-the-trainer program should be in place, and trainers should have at least 1 year experience with the company. It was frustrating receiving a rushed, learn-as-you-go training. However, The Branch Office Administrators, who are not even licensed agents, were knowledgeable, very helpful, and heavily dependent upon (especially by agents who are not tech savvy). Also, was frustrating and discouraging when new agents were called out during zoom meetings, in the presence of other agents, because the new agents did not reach the sales quota to make "successful new agent" within a month or two.Focus needs to be on quality over volume of agents and then perhaps the turnover rate will lower.

Commission Base Office job

job is good for you if you don't mind cold-calling and love speaking with prospects. managers will help you succeed.2 days office, 3-4 days field.good pay if you work hard.

Managers. Team environment. Good atmosphere. work-life balance

commission+bonuses only. not your typical 9-5. lotsa cold calling

Don't waste your time - Just a mirage

There are no benefits for a sales position in this company, unless you become a trainer, financial advisor, or go into management. They promise so much potential and help as you get started, but they quit on you when you don't deliver the results they want. I had a connection with the branch manager here as well. He had known my family going back 30 years. He has positive things to say in weekly meetings to pep up the team, but when I went to him for help with issues I was having, he told me I needed to work longer and harder. Their idea of success is to have you work 12 hour days for no pay unless you happen to make sales.I previously worked at a good position for 5 years with good, consistent and a phenomenal benefits package. I took a huge risk and left that for Bankers Life because I wanted a better life for me and my family. I was promised by someone I had worked with for years at my previous position that I would have a team that would help me along the way, and a manager that knew my family for decades. Leaving my previous position was a mistake. I took weeks out of my life before starting here to become licensed with the state. And had to invest some of my own money to get my license when I was already having money problems. I quit Bankers Life after 2 months, and was left with NOTHING. Don't make the same mistake I did. Don't leave something good for this company. The vision they promise is just a mirage.

Limitless income potential

Where do I begin?...

Great Work/Life balance

Great Work/Life balance, allows freedom to enjoy your life and earn commissions, bonuses and incentive trips. Management wants all to succeed and offers training to support mission.

Terrible job

You won’t make any money. You have to do a lot of driving and knock on peoples doors. You also have to big people a do cold call. Not sure what else I can say about it but it’s less a turning point in my life and a very difficult job position.

Independence

You won’t make money

Great atmosphere and Team Oriented

I’m only a former agent with Bankers due a few things. I have many outstanding commissions waiting to be paid, due to underwriter issues or clients not getting things done on their end. The sales in between have been slow and low for me to live off of. They preach for you to keep prospecting, prospecting and prospecting. By achieving this means LOTS of cold calls from somewhat warm leads and LOTS of door knocking through a system app for those turning 65 years old. Ultimately, due to mediocre pay and the cost of fuel rising, I got to a point where I could afford to work. If you are referred in you get a nice matching plan and your referee gets a nice bonus if you meet your goals. You also get matches when you make SNA. So that’s a huge perk.I can’t speak good enough about the team in the office. From the Branch manager to the training supervisors and from agent to agent, they are a team that strives on the best they can for each other to grow and be successful. There are however some agents that do get to team up with their team leaders more than others, which helps the agent, which may appear a little unfair, like they’re being carried. There is room for growth to become a trainer / supervisor, which will transfer your agent 1099 status to on the books with benefits.The only other piece that leaves a light bad taste in my mouth was the expectations of a 1099 self employed agent in comparison to a W2 employee. Many times are there expectations that shouldn’t be made of a self employed agent that you can make of an employee of the company. Examples, time for office days, -

Lies and liars

You are promised great leads yet you are given stale leads and berated for not producing, if you leave the sales you have made are transferred to other people and they take back the money you earned from your sales!

Kontra érvek

The training is extremely poor
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Company has multiple roles one can pursue, from office roles to field roles.

There are opportunities to advance into management, or to branch into other fields within the company, such as administration, underwriting, and customer service. The company does well on making all employees feel heard and included. The field offices are ran by direct managers and vary on how they are ran based on the different personalities of the management team there.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Bankers Life? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

Céges kultúra: 3,0/5 csillag
  • Vállalatok
  • Bankers Life
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?