Atlas Air, Inc.

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 169 értékelés megmutatása

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
What is the best part of working at the company?Great team work. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Insufficient rest period but within FAA regulations. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Work environment was good and cultural diversity made the organization the merrier. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Exciting, and especially finding oneself at different locations across the globe was a joyful experience.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

What is the best part of working at the company?The people are cool to work with. Coworkers are the best.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The work to worker ratio.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?They want blood from a rock.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful.

Please don’t

This is not a place where you will like to start aviation. They do not care for you as a human. I put my life in this company for nothing in return and they didn’t care of the pass of my family member.

Excellent

Wonderful world wide travel. Training is a piece of cake. ( Of course I’m a lifetime pilot ) Large aircraft and a lot of working at night in various parts of the world.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Flexible if you have a great manager

Think outside of the box and you will be a great employee. Come with the eagerness to grow and you will do well. It is an unscheduled airline with a wide range of customers: military, cargo, passenger etc. If you are a problem solver, analytical and creative thinker you will do well. Not like any airline - much different, no two days alike.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

great place to work, pay needs to be updated to be more inline with other carriers

Worked there for 20 years until age limit required me to retire, otherwise, I would have stayed there for ever. Other crew members were great to work with. sometimes management would cause issues to stress crew members. With merger of other airlines crew force would become stressed by the managements attempt to pit one group against another just to cause conflict among the pilot groups.

Pro érvek

freedom to work on your own

no cons for me
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Growing Company, with a focus on the people.

Company is involved in many aspects of our daily lives most are not aware of: from critical PPE supplies, eCommerce consumption, community involvement, and global humanitarian efforts. Working for a Company where you consistently finish each day with a sense of pride and accomplishment...well that's a tall order to fill - Atlas will give you that.

People, Action, Pace, Pay, Ethics

Growing pains
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Excellent company-fiscally responsible to shareholders, yet focused heavily on safety.

An extraordinary concept and business model with a highly capable leadership team. A very enjoyable place to work with the ability to fly the Boeing 747, some of which are still brand new.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Expect little support or accountability of anyone, besides yourself.

Great flying. Great aircraft. Company has potential for being a fantastic company, but never had the will to do so. It is all about CYA and the mighty dollar. Everyday at Atlas is like being on the very first day of Atlas. Upper management is ruthless. Middle management runs scared for their job and afraid to take ay responsibility. The frontline employees cary the operation. As such, expect to have all fingers pointed you.

Pro érvek

Great aircraft and varied flying.

Kontra érvek

Company cares little, if any about employees, rules and regulations only applies to them when they are about to get caught breaking them

Great schedule no advancement

In the industry that is transportation of goods and services I understand there's only so far up you can go with a company or only so much advancement you can achieve staying in one place. However my biggest complaint with Atlas Air is no room for advancement.

Great schedule

No advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Interned here and my mentor was very nice and explained things in detail

Had a great summer internship here. Learned a lot prior to landing my first big job after graduation. I enjoyed starting my engineering career here at atlas.

Remote

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good company to work for.

Enjoyed the seasonal job. Work was fast paced which I liked. Cold and wet in Louisville but there is nothing you can do about the weather. Good company

Good supervisors. Strong leadership

Crew Scheduling - Great Place To Work

Atlas is a great place to work for someone wanting 12 hour shifts and rotating 3 on 4 off and 4 on 3 off schedule. Starting out you can make a total of around $50k a year if you work 4 days a week (48 hours). If you work days it is a lot busier, nights is very easy and laid back because the operation just isn't booming like it does during the day. Benefits and time off are some of the best I have seen from a company starting out. Management is friendly, although sometimes the operation can stress everyone out. This would be a fantastic work from home position and offer a lot better work life balance.Only complaint is the 12 hour shifts can drag on slow days and the scheduling department hires a lot of dispatch college grads that are hoping to get in with a big airline through scheduling, but they leave when they realize they're not getting a dispatch job there without experience, so staffing can be a bit short at times and stressful.

Pay, Pto, Benefits, Schedule

12 hour shifts, No work from home
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great values and they appreciate their employees

The company is growing and they value all of their resources. They understand what treating professionals like professionals means. Highly recommend to anybody that wants a career with a class act airline.

Pro érvek

Benefits

Kontra érvek

Company Growth means change

It was a nice place

I enjoyed my time at Atlas Air. The managers were very supportive and encouraged employee growth. I loved the amount of integrity that I saw while working there.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Better than a regional but has a long way to go.

Need a new contract. Union sucks. Pay is better than a regional and the flight experience you get is great worth its weight in gold. With a new contract and a real pilot union this place has potential.

Butter than a regional

Below Industry standards in pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place to work pay could be a tad better. Went through a lay off with Atlas air and it went surprisingly extremely well. Gave 8 week notice in advance and got a nice little. Severance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Spændende job hvis du vil se verden

Jobbet er ikke for alle, da man ligger ude 1-4 uger ude af gangen - men alt betalt af firmaet så længe man arbejder.11 Dage fri pr. måned - ikke nødvendigvis sammenhængende. 1 uges ferie, 2 uger efter 10 års ansættelse, hvilket ikker er usædvanligt for USA.Flyver overalt i verden, med base i Houston, Texas.Startløn er "standard" for USA's flyindustri, men stiger til gengæld kun lidt over årene.Bolig og transport til og fra Houston er for egen regning. Spændende arbejde, med dejlige kolleger.En fortræffelig chance for at se verden, specielt hvis man ikke har for meget "baggage" (børn, familie, kæreste som kræver at man er hjemme)

Pro érvek

Ikke de store udgifter mens man arbejder. Udforsker gratis verden. Dejlige kolleger

Kontra érvek

Lønnen er ikke fyrstelig, mange dage væk hjemmefra

Needs some new Upper Management

Worked here for 21 years—good entry-level work. Industry-standard is unheard of. They would rather fight the pilots union than make the company a place to make a career.

Great Planes

Kontra érvek

Pay and work rules are hard to come by.

Needs Improvement

Work load is too much and there is very little focus on process improvement. The company needs to take a step back and look at how things are done and find more efficient ways to work. Investing in technology to automate tasks wouldn't be a bad idea. A good first step would be to ask the question, "How can we do better?". Maybe think about bringing work groups together that include non-managers who actually do the work and listen to what they have to say.

Great People

Kontra érvek

Too much work, very little reward.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

No structure in HQ Thrown into what must be done yesterday

Co. solid but management leaves lot to desired. Reception requires full time attention to job. Not a lot of room for data auditing. Lots of levels ofpeople functionality to wade thru.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Atlas Air, Inc.? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés