Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 267 értékelés megmutatása

Job Work/Life Balance has the most value

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
As of recent the work/life balance was changed and is a great value. Too many manual processes which cause room for human error. The benefits are great and they embrace inclusion.

Kontra érvek

Too many manual processes which cause room for human error.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Leadership only cares about protecting their position and their salaries

Management - They will terminate positions despite the position(s) bringing business/money to the bottom line of the the company, in order to not sacrifice their position and salaries. The Executive Leads and VP's do not value expertise from the outside - they only care about their position and the bottom line. If you are not part of their "boys club", you will not advance.

A good company

I started working after high school and 30 years later I’m still here. There are other exclusive benefits only for employees. Bluecross do good by their employees. You can’t go wrong working for this employer.

Kontra érvek

Sometimes it’s not what you know, It’s who you know

Flexible Schedule

I love that BCBS has a flexible schedule. You can always change your schedule to fit your needs. You can also choose a schedule to where you can work 10 hour days and be off 3 days. If you’re off you can make up missed time without using PTO.

Customer or provider

You get recognition for your hard and dedicated work. Benefits are great. No weekends and company Monday thru Friday. Paid holidays and off on all Major holidays.

Pro érvek

Benefits

Kontra érvek

Adapt to changes

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Great pay and benefits but oppression of African Americans from vvhite people within administration is very much an issue

A very good company to work for as far as the pay and benefits most definitely but vvhite people have more privilege within certain departments. They are allowed to come up with their own job titles that are not even actual positions within the company. I've seen ABCBS allow this knowing that they wouldn't allow a minority race employee to have this type of leeway. These people usually make up these titles within certain departments so that they can be apart of administration solely to oppress African American employees and find any way to make it harder for them in an attempt to get them out of the door. I've seen it done specifically within the ASE/PSE dept for example with titles such as benefit liasion and business coordinator. These two titles are not ABCBS positions. Instead, they were made up by the employees who hold the postions. Vvhite privilege definitely has a stronghold within the company. Beware.

Hivatalos válasz innen: Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield

2022, június 17.
We are saddened that you had a negative experience while working for Arkansas Blue Cross and take your concerns very seriously. Company protocols do allow for titles to be changed within our Workday employee management system to better reflect the actual responsibility of a person within the company. These changes are allowed with manager approval and do not change the person’s actual job title. At no time should a title be changed based on anything other than clarity of the job description. Arkansas Blue Cross is dedicated to our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy and has a vibrant team of employees working together to celebrate our varying cultures and beliefs. We have established an Ombuds Office which is charged with receiving, investigating and assisting in resolving complaints and potential violations of the DEI Policy. Our HR Business Partners are trained in handling DEI concerns with strict confidentiality and bringing those concerns to the highest levels of leadership. We are also passionate about health equity within our state and are including our employees in conversations on how we can best serve our communities. We invite you to reach out to our HR office directly to bring more clarity to your concerns. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

Good place to work to get your foot in the door. Working at home is a perk. Dont know I would still be here if I had to go into the office every day. Great benefits. Been working here over 12 years.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great company hard to advance

Great company hard to get promoted. The culture has changed and management does not enjoy change at all. My team is wonderful and my immediate supervisor was great.

Bonuses, Pay, Management

Hard to get promotion
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Company has gone downhill over the last few years

Arkansas Blue Cross used to be an amazing place to work (have worked here 15 years), but it has gone downhill the past few years. In a nutshell, several executives have retired and the new leadership no longer cares about their employees. Staff went above and beyond during the pandemic to service customers and there was zero appreciation from the company. Many people are leaving. Some managers are terrible to work for and HR doesn’t listen. Would have recommended working here 10/10 3 years ago, but don’t recommend this company unless things improve.

Sad

The company is great. The area in customer service where I work has no room for growth. The managers are only concerned about their reputations instead of the actual employees. The managers stress the importance of treating the callers with dignity and respect but lack those same morals for their employees.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Worst life and job experience

I have no words to adequately express what a horrible experience I had working for this company. We were given false information about job security and then let go with barely a glance .

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good pay and benefits with opportunities for remote work

This is a great place to work. It is difficult to get in the door, but once you do, you have to try really hard to get let go. There are opportunities for promotion but you will probably have to apply multiple times and hope the hiring manager doesn’t already have someone in mind. Pay is always rising. Good benefits. Most people work from home. Your personal reputation at the company carries A LOT of weight. Try to stay on your best behavior and stay out of mess.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great company to work for

Responsive and respectful HR, amazing direct supervisor. I do wish the pay was commiserate to my experience and there were more opportunities for advancement.

Remote, flexible hours

Kontra érvek

Very few opportunities for advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Management is good and willing to help you grow your career

Overall it is a good workplace. Management is willing to help you advance your career if you ask for help. The pay matches market rate, and there is a good work/life balance.

Pro érvek

Good work/life balance Management can be very helpful Positive and relaxed environment

Overly strict attendance policy

Overall good company.

It was a very good job. The pay was great. There were many benefits given. There were many changes taking place within the company. Some were good and others were not.

Pro érvek

Great pay, benefits and pto

Kontra érvek

Advancement is based on who you know, and not what you know
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It is not the same company as 13 years ago. No longer a great place to work.

BCBS is not a company I can advise anyone to work for anymore. They no longer care about their employees. Each employeee is replaceable no matter the knowledge that is lost.

Pro érvek

Only one some coworkers are great to work with.

Kontra érvek

Just about every other aspect of the company now. 13 years ago I probably wouldn't have had a con.

It’s okay

The job itself isn’t fun due to the customers and the micromanaging. I however got lucky, and was places with an amazing supervisor. I’ve heard some horrible things from other employees about their incompetent supervisor. Overall it’s a decent place to work

Pto

Customers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Management will remain this company's downfall

Not a fan of my management team. They make it hard to move forward and grow in your career. Promotion is based off time at the company, not how good you do the work. I'm working with an employee who's been there for over 20 years, so her title is now as a "Lead". However, she makes so many mistakes that I find it odd she has that title. Me, a newer associate at just 2 years, am often ignored and undermined when I try to offer help or correction. It's frustrating to just feel like I have to spend my due time at a company before I'm given any respect. Our job can 100% be done remotely, but we're going back the office soon because they have to pay rent on the buildings. Working from home was my most enjoyable part of the job, but now that's ending soon.

Benefits, Bonuses

Kontra érvek

Management, not easy to progress in career, back to cubicle life
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good

Good company to start off for. It’s very busy during open enrollment but over all pretty satisfied. If you don’t have a degree the pay can not be the best but it works.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Not a good company to work for.

HR does not care about how the supervisors treat you as an employee. The benefits are excellent. Friendship matters more than morals and ethics in HR. Toxic work environment. Dysfunctional environment. Because some of the supervisors have so many personal problems, you become a victim of mental and verbal abuse at the hands of the supervisors. NO ONE CARES!!! Equipment malfunctions often. Supervisors absolutely ignore the issues.

Pro érvek

Benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fairly easy work, great benefits, okay pay

Worked in customer service for two years though over qualified for the position. I thought I might be able to move up decently quick due to my resume, but I was mistaken. This is a company that mainly rewards tenure over hard work or previous experience.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés