Aramark-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Barista

192 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 16 380 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyable work environment with agreeable management
Cashier/Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montgomery, AL2020, január 20.
I enjoyed my time working for this company. I worked at a location that was on the campus of the school I was attending at the time. Being a student I had no interest in advancing to management.
Pro érvek
College environment, ease of operation
No advancement or benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a barista was great, but the pay is HORRIBLE.
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Kent, OH2019, november 6.
I loved working as a barista. But the pay is NOT LIVABLE. It is nearly impossible to get a fair wage here. I believe if one is not able to make tips, they at least deserve a good wage. Obviously aramark disagrees. I strongly suggest working for a different corporation. This was a mistake on my part.
I worked for Aramark for 8 years
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Argo tea nyu2019, október 26.
Aramark gave me my start in the food industry, It was a pleasure learning and gaining new skills, if i had tonin the near future i will work for the company again.
Never again
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waukegan, IL2019, október 22.
They are never organized. They sold old food with mold to the customers. They were ride and bias and prejudice. Me and this other girl always seem to have problems. The food was just not right. They should've got in trouble but hid it and told us not to tell.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Basically no benefits at all and you are paid as little as possible
Starbucks Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2019, október 15.
I worked for Aramark for 2 months and hated every minute of it. There are no benefits, you are not even allowed to ask for tips, and management is unable to support any of their employees.
Poor Management
Starbucks Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stroudsburg, PA2019, október 9.
It seems as though no one in Starbucks knows how to keep the store functioning properly. We are often blamed for the mistakes that we make or reprimanded but it’s not our fault for the poor management and lack of training necessary to do the job correctly. There are issues with getting proper pay for hours. Its very disorganized and a lot of the time we are short staffed. Its a very fast-paced environment and overall the people are very friendly. I just wish that Starbucks would do a better job as a whole.
Pro érvek
One free drink, discounted items
Hardly any breaks, disorganized
Productive and consistent
Barista/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Greenville, NC2019, szeptember 11.
Aramark is very consistent and such a punctual place.
On a typical day at Starbucks brewing coffee early in the morning could not have smell so good! The hardest part about being an Barista, is feeling that you are over worked at times. I enjoy working well with others, practicing hefty team work, and satisfying customers.
Not employee oriented.
Barista/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bellingham, WA2019, szeptember 10.
Aramark does not care about their employees very much at all. I was treated okay, but on behalf of others, it was brutal. There are no benefits, and everything is very strictly "corporate". No opportunities for tips. I personally got in trouble for clocking in five minutes early. It's not the managers that are the problem, its the higher ups. Every one is trying their best and not getting credit for it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Pretty amazing
Starbucks Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Staten Island, NY2019, augusztus 22.
I loved working for this company everything was amazing, benefits, the workers everything. Great work environment, you feel truly valued as an Aramark employee
Munkahelyi kultúra
All things considered pretty good.
Head Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Lake Hills, TX 787462019, augusztus 2.
The job was honestly pretty good. Hard work, but decent salary, consistent full time hours, and paid holidays and vacation days. Also my manager created a great work environment that reduced stress considerably.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wonderful place to work I would recommend to anyone
Cashier/ Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Durham, NC2019, július 31.
I Have been working for Aramark for 3 years it’s a awesome place to work. The pay is great not to many places will start you off at the amount we make as baristas.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worst job I've ever had in my entire life (story time)
Barista (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kalamazoo, MI2019, július 12.
I began working for Aramark at KVCC summer of 2018. I was hired to manage the "coffee den". I was told that I'd be working 32 hours/week, & I'd be working with an older woman who had been working there for 17 years. They told me that I was to come in for training during the school's summer camps, & they didn't describe what that involved. Training involved them putting me on a cash register, & that was all I did. So, instead of being a barista, I was a cafeteria cashier for 2 weeks, & it wasn't at all what I signed up for.

We got a new head manager for our location in the fall semester.

When the "coffee den" opened, I had to deal with the old woman & manage her & everything else. She was, honestly, the most ignorant person that I have ever worked with (besides our head manager). She had been there for 17 years, yet she did not know how to make any drinks to Starbucks standards... AT ALL.
She violated SO many health codes & did so much wrong, but everyone loved her because she had been there for so long. They had no idea that she:
- made their drinks however she wanted to & not according to recipes
- was using BLEACH to clean milk pitchers, etc.
- used a bucket & dirty mop to clean the coffee den & dumped it in the sink used to rinse milk pitchers, etc.
- let a cup of rock salt sit out all summer (uncovered) then put it in a shaker when school started, & she used that to top the salted caramel mocha INSTEAD of the Starbucks sea salt topping
- NEVER kept in track of expiration dates on syrups, toppings, etc.
- left whipped cream in canisters all weekend & used
  több... them until they were gone. Whipped cream is only good for 24 hrs
- only brewed coffee once per day (the coffee den was open from 7:30-2:30); she only re-brewed if the coffee ran out. She also steamed cold coffee with the steam wand to make it "hot" again
- brought rags from home to use on the espresso machine's steam wand & also used those rags to wipe down counters (including those where customers had touched)
- was not aware of allergen safety & used the same pitchers to steam/blend soy/tree nut milk that she used for dairy
- was incredibly racist - mainly towards African American & Middle Eastern people
One time, she was on register & dropped someone's cup on the ground. She picked it up & PUT IT IN LINE TO BE USED. The customer at the counter saw & said, "That's a health code violation." She completely ignored it (I made sure he saw me throw the cup away & get a new one).
There were SO many other things that happened. Everyday babysitting her was infuriating. I told the managers, & they only had a talk with her. She put in a 1-week notice & quit before they could fire her.

After she quit, the managers insisted that they were going to hire someone for the next semester to help me. They didn't, lol

During the transition into the new semester, a few other employees quit. We became understaffed, & our new head manager did NOTHING to replace them. Her & her assistant manager's solution was just for them both to help out in the kitchen/coffee den & to bring in even more mentally challenged kids from KRESA to do the majority of the kitchen work, instead of hiring actual Aramark employees because their hiring process is so difficult :'(

Coming back from Christmas break, I had NO ONE to help me. The managers assumed that I could do everything again for the spring semester, too. I spoke to them, & they gave me bullsh_t about how they couldn't find anyone to hire. The head manager told me that she was trained on how to make Starbucks drinks & that her & another girl in the kitchen would help me out if I needed it. Guess what - they, combined, were about as frustrating & dumb as the old woman. The manager did NOT know how to make drinks correctly, & she violated many health codes as well. The girl from the kitchen couldn't make drinks right; she was trained by the old woman. They only came down to help me when I walky-talkied them. They didn't stay with me because they said that there didn't need to be 2 people down there at once.

I took on all of the coffee den duties. I was doing inventory, ordering, ringing every transaction, making every drink, & talking to every customer. It got busy a lot. Most of the time, I didn't call the manager down to help because her & the other girl just got in the way & did things wrong. I only ever got a 30-minute lunch break & sometimes didn't even get that. Because I was the only person, I was told to either close the coffee den down to go to lunch or wait for the manager/the other girl to come down & cover. When I closed the coffee den, I came back to a line of college kids, rushing me to reopen (& it was a process to reopen). When I let them cover for me, I would come back to the coffee den in a giant mess. There were also days that I did not get any breaks.

I had to do everything within an 8.5-hour time frame. I only worked 32-35 hours/week, but I did the amount of work of 3 people for $10.66/hour. I didn't have enough time to check inventory & do the Starbucks order, so I had to stay late a lot. I would close down the coffee den & then go do the order. I never worked past 40 hours, so they never had to pay me extra for overtime. There was also an unspoken rule that I could not take any days off of work - who else was going to run the coffee den?

While I was dealing with all of this, more people were quitting, & more KRESA kids were brought in. The person watching over the kids was verbally abusive. Aramark was taking advantage of cheap labor. These kids didn't even want to be there, but they were being forced to because they needed jobs; I don't think they were paid legal wages. A lot of them had episodes & outbursts because of the way they were being treated. All of the Aramark employees were quitting because of the terrible job the head manager was doing. Overworking and underpaying everyone. People who had been there 7-8 years left. She kept trying these "fun, new foods" to serve in the cafeteria & coffee den. They were all terrible ideas that did not work. She also implemented that each person on a cash register was to count their drawer WITH a manager. That took 20 minutes.

Occasionally, we had events that Aramark was supposed to cater/keep the cafeteria open for. We had a few where middle/high school students would come to the college. The first 2 were before Christmas break & were a nightmare. We had hundreds of kids lining up for "Frappés" at this tiny coffee shop that WAS NOT meant for that kind of customer volume by any means. The sink was ridiculously small & could not fit even 1 blending pitcher in it.

Sometimes, the coffee den wasn't open, & they forced me to work in the cafeteria to help with caterings. I got mad because my job title was "barista". Working in the cafeteria was NOT a part of my job description, but they refused to let me not work them "because it wasn't fair to everyone else." Working in there was absolutely disgusting, & seeing what the other workers did to the food made me gag.

I learned many other disgusting ways of Aramark. Our tiny sink I mentioned above was so old & was rotting/molding underneath. I told both of my managers about this, & they acted like they were going to do something about it and didn't. I wish that I would have reported it & everything else. Towards the end of my employment, my manager wanted me to bring sandwiches, vegetable cups, & SUSHI down to sell at the coffee den. NONE OF IT SOLD. Most of the food went bad, so I took it back to the cafeteria. There, I was told to peel the stickers off & re-sticker them with later dates.

The manager recognized my creative abilities & tried using that to her advantage. On top of everything else, I was told to start designing the dry-erase board signs for advertising. Finding time in between customers was impossible.

This job destroyed my mental health. I already had anxiety & depression beforehand, but working here deteriorated it to the point where I honestly wanted to die. I was overworked & taken advantage of. I had a panic attack almost every day, & I started getting migraines for the first time.

The final straw during Spring Break. The manager wanted me to keep the coffee den open during that week, even though there were no customers. I told the manager that I wasn't going to work Spring Break, so she decided that she would do it.
The coffee den was open 8:00am-1:30pm the Monday of the week of Spring Break for a high school event. I manned the coffee den with the girl from the kitchen & made sure to put her on register while I made drinks. She left @ 11:00. Our manager came down to replace her. We were so busy the entire time. One continuous line. I only had a 10-minute break, when the line slowed, to eat a granola bar during this whole thing, & I didn't even get to finish my break because the manager called for me to come back when she saw that she was getting busy. I made drink after drink. I started to feel like I was going to pass out from low blood sugar, being hungry, & I had the worst migraine of my entire life while making drinks. I looked at the clock & saw that 1:30 was approaching. I became a bit relieved -until it passed- & we were still open. My manager REFUSED to close the shutters because "we still had a line." I was forced to work an hour longer & push myself; I wished that I would've passed out so that I didn't have to do it any more. By 2:30, her greedy a__ decided to finally close down, & she just left me to clean up everything. She left me to prepare things for her to work over Spring Break (FOR NO REASON). When I left, I was determined to never go back.

I came back the Monday after Spring Break to tie up a few loose ends, but after that, I never went back. The kitchen lead also left, so by the time I was gone, there were only 7 Aramark employees working there. There were 14 when the school year started.
  kevesebb
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Bad leaders, Management doesnt care. Annoying student workers
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waco, TX2019, június 17.
I was hired though aramark 11-7pm shift for moody libaray. the older workers Belinda & Rosie will take all the tips not share them, will clock in sit down and not help with the line unless they feel like it. They act untouchable and when reported to management nothing was done. Also around 3pm is when the student works shifts start, for college kids they are some of the most stupidest workers with no common sense. They laugh and play around not acting serious. Also night manager and day time managers dont like eachother and as a MID shift i worked under both so if i did something a manager told me to do but the other didnt like i got in trouble.
Aramark goldman sachs
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2019, június 11.
It was a great experience working there. One of my favorite jobs. Besides my manegers leaving the company I had the chance to work with some amazing people !
5 years with the company ....5 years of poor management decision-making
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2019, május 24.
Worked for Aramark at American Airlines Headquarters. After 5 years of service Aramark lost american contract . Because of poor management and because a kitchen that the management could not pass a health inspection. Main build that feeds the whole flight crew. Full of mold and rats. I gave up my weekend off to help out in that health Hazzard by cleaning up . Instead of a thank you the concern was my over time they had to pay me. Never was a thanks for the kitchen turn around of cleanliness. This company sucks and I'm grateful to be transferring to the new company in the future.
No breaks
4,0
Easy Going and Flexible
Barista (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lexington, Kentucky2019, május 17.
My workplace caters to mostly college students of University of Kentucky since we are situated in the center of campus at the main library. Many of the employees are also college students, so being able to schedule flexible hours for the employees are very beneficial and helpful. I have been able to balance my work life and academic life easily with the flexible scheduling.
Management sucks
Barista/Cashier (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2019, április 23.
At first they treat you pretty decent and train you well but the longer you work there the less respect they seem to give you. I’ve been there since July (the longest barista they have right now) but I’m the lowest paid person in the entire building and the managers think it’s high school with the way they tease and belittle everyone
Quick paced environment
Management and pay suck
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good first job.
Barista/Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ruston, LA2019, április 22.
Management was great when I first arrived at Aramark but under new management it went downhill. The new manager showed much favoritism to the pretty girls and paid them more than everyone else. I later quit because I was at the job the longest and taught many of the girls the job and was the least paid person there. He was fired two months after I quit.
Pro érvek
They have consistent hours that work with your schedule.
Kontra érvek
Management may not be great.
This place sucked
BARISTA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lethbridge, AB2019, április 16.
Worked with Aramark for 5 years, they were continually changing management, poorly organized, and made us pay for services we didn't ask for out of pocket.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Buen ambiente laboral
Barista (Volt alkalmazott) –  Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana2019, április 6.
Buena empresa aunque podria ser mejor.
Preocuparse de la disponibilidad al momento de estudiar
Buen pago
A veces te explotan
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van