Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Aramark-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Indiana, PA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Indiana, PA34 értékelés
34 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 17 532 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
its a wonderful company to work for if you love food service. everyday in the catering department is different. you rarely have the same day, could be working concessions for a concert one day and then have a plated dinner the next day. must be able to "go with the flow" a lot.
● Work-life balance
Aramark is letting go employees that made them thousands of dollars with out being humane, hence overworking the skeleton crew staff the currently maintain

● Pay & benefits

This company had great benefits in 2009, when I started. Now are being cut to leave loyal employees with less and less each year!

● Culture

The work of every two employees is completed by a single person.

● Overall

Loved the opportunity with Aramark. Now not being treated fairly after 20 years of hard work. They have made me feel like a replaceable number not a valued employee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Prepare and build food items according to standardized recipes and directions.
Properly store food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures.

Set up workstations including prep tables.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Too many management/supervisors telling employees different items things to do with the same food. Not enough employees to help get items ready for "special occasion" dinners!!!!! If you cannot provide enough employees, then these items should not be done!!!!!
Free lunches
Terrible supervisors
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is a complete joke. I have personally been told by management "i don't care if you do the paperwork correctly just make our building look good for corporate". I have also been told directly from management the they refuse to try to get the union employees in trouble because it's to much paperwork and a waste of time. The Union employees is one of if not the main reason this is a horrible place to work. They refuse to do their job 90% of the time and management just throws it on the people who actually care because they know they will instead of doing their jobs and writing up the union worker who is refusing. I am talking about the salary managers not the hourly ones.
The people that actually care are treated horribly while the lifers that could care less are treated like gold. The management will constantly talk about teamwork and all that while they will be talking to one of the lifers in the back of the house about what they did on their days off for an hour+ while the good employee will be getting destroyed by customers. The kitchen staff rarely follows recipes which could end up killing someone. i have seen cooks adding things to a recipe and they said "it'll make it taste better". i could go on and on about this but i'm sure you get the point by now.

My typical day consisted of listening to management be completely inappropriate. Workers be racist if front of customers who were at most times a minority. Watched management and workers alike sitting around getting paid for nothing while others worked for their money.

Workplace culture= don't do anything
 - több...
FREE FOOD
EVERYTHING BUT THE FREE FOOD
Munkahelyi kultúra
Aramark is an okay employer to work for, however my manager was excellent beyond measure. He was very easy to talk to and made the work environment very pleasant.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The way catering is run at the KCAC is truly bewildering.
Communication from management is terrible - if an employee commits some offense, they often aren’t told about it directly, but other management and supervisors are given every detail (on the other hand, management does tell you if a client has a complaint concerning you). It becomes apparent quickly that most of management is manipulative, abusive, and delusional. Remarkably, on my first day I was warned by a supervisor not to trust anyone and to watch my back.

There is NO training in place for supervisors and student workers - I and every new hiree since me have just been thrown into it, regardless of our experience.

The confusion and disorganization that ensues for larger events is excessive.

The clientele are some of the most entitled people, and Aramark is their doormat.

This is actually a great experience for anyone who wants to go into food service/hospitality for a career; you will build your portfolio and your character!
Pro érvek
Lots of career experience.
Kontra érvek
Poor management/employee relations; long hours without a break, unpredictable schedule, everything is disorganized; underwhelming food and events.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked on a college campus next to frat row. That alone made it stressful on the evening shift. Management was good, but lacked communication. Did not accept benefits, but they were offered.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I go into the food court and am bombarded with many customers, we seemed to always be short staffed. Instead of doing my rounds, or being placed on one of the lines, I would run to four different locations trying to get their lines down.
Pro érvek
Free food, breaks, nice people
Kontra érvek
Long hours, interferes with school
Munkahelyi kultúra
Java City has been my favorite place to work! I have had several jobs but this one is my favorite. Just sad it is not a forever type of job. Highly recommend working at one.
Pro érvek
Working with coffee and making people happy
college campus lacked management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here for a time and got paid to do so. I am done commenting on this matter for I am only writing enough to move along. What I am currently typing is no reflection
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good job to have as a student who went to IUP. It gave me plenty of time for class and studies and gave me some extra cash. Not a career, but a good job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was there for ten years my job responsibilities kept piling up until I could no longer be successful and was terminated I had pto but was given a hard time when I wanted to actually use them our salary increase didn't match our health insurance increase and upper management was abusive
Munkahelyi kultúra
Updated buildings are nice to work at. Facilities are updated for students to enjoy and have a good experience while eating with their friends on campus.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Aramark is huge. Unless you are the one pouring your soul out, you won't move up. But those who do will. Especially those who find themselves in an office position. Work hard and don't have a social life and you'll make bank.
Pro érvek
Pay is good when you're in the office
Kontra érvek
Treated like trash if you're not an extremely hard worker.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a supervisor my daily job is to manage events. I am in charge of setting up and tearing down specific catered events everyday. I'm in charge of a team of people usually student workers who help with these events. I work with clients to ensure their event is perfect and their food is great.
great co-workers
Kontra érvek
no breaks, very long hours at times
Munkahelyi kultúra
Learned great communication skills and proper way to interact with customers. Team work was needed everyday for the work day to be complete
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall I enjoyed all the different characteristics of the employees. The problem was the job was dirty and smelly. Being in the dish room is not something I want to do ever again.
Pro érvek
Free meal before or after shift
Messy, smelly
Munkahelyi kultúra
All aspects of entertainment industry including football, basketball, concerts, banquets luxury suites,concessions, private club, president's events, food truck, campus catering, business school
Always learning
Long Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I mean there's not much to say; if you need a job--can't be overly picky. I worked here during college, it was alright. The employees over all were nice.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work day for the most part was very busy, it was also really fast paste. From I've learned that not everybody at the work place will be open and willing to help you when you need it or things are to overwhelming. I've never looked for help but I've always helped my coworkers when things got too out of control in their area. The hardest part of my job was closing down at the end of the night, because it was always a lot of work to be done before we could leave.