Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Aramark-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Harrisonburg, VA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Harrisonburg, VA74 értékelés
74 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 17 268 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at Aramark part-time for less than a year

Pros

Reasonable expectations from employer Free food after working a certain number of hours Flexible scheduling

Cons

Manager was almost never around for questions or to give feedback

Advice to Management

Give routine feedback to avoid confusion and disappointment later
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at a very high profile account. It was very busy. I had a great team of managers that worked for me to support the operation. But the culture of the environment was pretty for and caused a lot of discouragement for other managers. But I did my best to look up my people and we were happy as a team within the team.
Pro érvek
The managers and support staff that worked for me.
Kontra érvek
Difficult client to manage as well as slightly toxic environment that needs a drastic overhaul
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working there i met hundreds of people that were students of the college, but I also met tons of employees from all over the world had many barriers when it came to language and accent, but the one thing we all had in common was our love for the people we cook for making us passionate for our job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sometimes its really busy sometimes its not. But overall good place to work. This job helped me in developing my communication and interpersonal skills and also customer service skills. The workplace is friendly and really easy to adjust. People are nice and helps a lot.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced college dining.
Easy food prep

Easy menus to follow.

Time off when college is closed for holidays and summer. Unemployment compensation is an option.

Great coworkers
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Aramark has very nice managers. There is opportunity for benefits after 90 days. Salary is not much in regards of the amount of work to be done. There are times when overtime is offered, but not enough.
Nice staff
Low salary
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The expectation for managers is to work 60+ hours a week. I often worked 7 days a week while upper management had their cushy 9-5 mon-fri gigs. You don’t get the time to do your actual work because you’re expected to be on the floor or work as a line worker for 90% of the day. You aren’t allowed to manage your concept and it’s ridiculous that they expect people to work like that.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hours are set, management is awful, pay is poor, some overtime, good benefits, good food, free meals, uniform provided, paid vacation, fast pace, great co workers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I didn’t work there long enough in order to inform you about any of this. Do I don’t know why I have to sit here and answer these questions when I only worked there for a few months
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked for Aramark as an intern in college. I learned a lot about managing time efficiently and making positive customer connections. It was a fast paced work environment but I enjoyed it
Free lunch
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would typically spend around three hours of my workday working on the truck and serving food to people at JMU. Once we closed, I would then clean up some on the truck and then go down to the dish room to clean all the dishes. What I gained most from this job is the knowledge of how to deal with customers and how to deal with food in a sanitary manner. Management was great overall. Everyone was willing to work with me and wanted to help me if I needed it. Everybody in the workplace was willing to work and wanted to get the job done effectively. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay as effective as possible when a lot of people began to show up to the truck. We were tasked with working very quickly and getting the food out as soon as possible to the customers. The thing that I enjoyed most about the job was the interaction with customers and fellow employees. Being able to interact with a lot of different people made this job a lot more enjoyable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
For my first job it was a very pleasant experience! I started making 8.25 and then it was raised to 9.00 and then after applying fo student manager I made up to $12 a hour. The meetings were good and the training sessions were very helpful
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every place was short staffed, you always had to work long hours. Management was usually un-prepared/undertrained to handle most situations. It was a college campus so it was not very difficult to deal with most people, but occasionally students could be difficult to manage.
Pro érvek
Free Food was always a nice benefit
Kontra érvek
Hard to find a good work/life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the catering team at JMU for Aramark should not be a review of Aramark as a whole. I have heard many great things from others that work for Aramark but this was not the case for me as I had to endure a 32hr work day to make sure that our events were ready and on schedule. This was due to a major mistake in an allocation of resources.
Pro érvek
Overtime for hourly and SNE employees, Healthcare and dental are offered.
Kontra érvek
Long hours and less than optimal pay scale.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typically I worked in the evenings and so I worked with the same people usually. It consisted of preparing the food station, and then restocking it during the shift as needed, and then at the end, cleaning the station and either storing the safe food back in the fridges, or throwing the old food away. I learned a lot about food safety at this job, but also how to work as a team and help each other out when there was a rush. The management started off good, but then it started to go downhill. The management team would sometimes bring their personal life into the professional life, which you just can't do. The culture of the workplace was fun, but also very negative and lazy. People would constantly complain and some would take their time in cleaning up, which resulted in others having to step in and help. The hardest part of the job would be standing at a station by yourself and not having anyone to talk to and if you finished up all your tasks and just sat there, management would get mad at you. The most enjoyable part were the coworkers when they were in a good mood.
Pro érvek
free meals while on shift, fun coworkers, flexible around my schedule, understanding of school needs
Kontra érvek
negative environment, rushed breaks, stress
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great place to learn the ropes in the food industry. Fast pace environment where the managers really do take the time to make sure you are learning how to do anything you do not know how to do.
Pro érvek
Friendly people, free lunches during shifts
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun fast paced job that is very competitive but has room for advancement. Atmosphere is great, people are great, management team is also great. Would definitely recommend this job to anyone looking to start in the food service industry.
Food, hours, management
Munkahelyi kultúra
a leader in the field of food service. They allow smoke breaks and they feed you with a meal program. You work with students and VIP'S OF THE SCHOOL. Time off is given when asked.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Flexible working hours and set schedules. opportunities for promotion and rewards for hard work. vacation days and sick leave for full time employees.
Pro érvek
employees are aloud to get into the campus gym and library with employee I.D for free
Kontra érvek
management punishing hard working employees and rewarding bad employees
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
They don't treat their managers well, they work them like dogs with little pay compared to the work they put in. Always room for growth and advancement because they can't keep managers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job provided me with straight out of college work experience. Having worked from my freshman year of college to my first year out of college with the same company I was able to really understand all parts of the company. I held different positions while working with Aramark and learned a lot in each different job.
Pro érvek
College account included meal plan.
Kontra érvek
Other duties as assigned come into play a lot.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés