American Express-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Travel Counselor

186 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 5 699 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Not ideal
Travel Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, július 28.
This is not a travel position, it is a call center position you must take a call every 6-9 minutes or explain to a Manager what you are working on. Many agents work in a virtual environment and have little travel knowledge or destination knowledge. There is no opportunity for growth, constant change in procedures. Attrition is very high at the agent and Team Leader so there is a lack of teamwork as well.
Pro érvek
Benefits, vacation time, work from home opportunities
Kontra érvek
Shift bids provide no work/life balance, Management micro-manages employees, no promotional opportunities, limited travel benefits
Work at Home
Travel Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Work at Home - Las Vegas2018, július 16.
Work loads are busy handling a very high level clientele. Several American Express Travel agents are able to work at home. Working as an at home agent is both enjoyable and sometimes hard with tech issues but overall I prefer a virtual work environment.
Great benefits
Metrics are ridiculous
Corporate Travel Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Virtual2018, július 14.
American Express COULD be an amazing place to work if they changed their metrics to be reasonable and fair. You can be a top producer who is well liked by clients and still be reprimanded because you kept someone on hold too long. Or...your customer can love your service and then be transferred to another department in which their experience was negative and YOU take a hit for a bad survey when it was another agent they didnt like...its very unfair. There is no job security so even if you are doing a good job they can and will cut people at will so you are always walking on eggshells. Stress is greatly effected by the supervisor you have and there are many inconsistencies with policy. It would take so little for the company to revamp things to the satisfaction of employees for retention but no matter how many people make suggestions the company remains rigid; it's really a shame. The turnover is the highest I've ever seen in a large company in over 30 years in the travel industry...this SHOULD be something the company takes into consideration. The vacation benefits are VERY good but that is small compensation for extreme and unnecessary stress. I keep hoping for positive changes but it seems I only see the opposite. Disappointed to say the least
Vacation
Kontra érvek
Unreasonable demands and unattainable metrics
Call Center
Travel Counsellor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hamilton, ON2018, június 6.
Log into the phone and take as many client bookings as you can. Balance time on the phone and documentation off the phone. Hardest part of job was when dealing with bookings that had some kind of error and flights, hotel or the car rental was canceled.
Free Lunches
Kontra érvek
Could get caught on a booking at the end of your shift
Enjoyed my work experience
Corporate Travel Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cambridge, MA2018, május 24.
Found I was treated fairly and with respect at American Express. Had opportunities to research a wide variety of Job choices and locations. Was never micro managed and could voice my opinion.
customers require a lot
Travel Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Atlanta, GA2018, május 8.
a lot of the customers feel as american experss agents you can move mountains-and have control over airlines and hotels. great perks though. I have no more to say.
perks and benefits
Some expectations are unattainable
Supervisors
Travel Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dearborn, MI2018, május 3.
The management team was very rude & did not care about true customer service and more about keeping your calls to the lowest time possible. The work life balance doesn't exist. The only good thing about this company is the pay & vacation time.
I thought once they moved us all to work from home that would be an amazing perk, however, as soon as the transition was complete we were made to work split shifts. My shift was 3a-7a & 6p-10p. It was awful
Munkahelyi kultúra
I just loved working for a great brand of a company like american express.
Executive Travel Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miramar, FL2018, május 1.
American express five fortune company was really a great company to work for I retired after 15 years of service with them. I still have a lot of gas in my tank and would like to bring my expertise to your company. American express give you the best of training on how to handle customers and irate
Customers.
I would recommend american express to any one who is seeking a great job with great benefits. American express is known all over the world and the brand is excellent. The training you received sticks with you through your life time. There is nothing negative I would say about a company that I work for 15 years. They give you very good training and keeps you informed of changes which is normal in american express. Changes is always good you just have to adjust to changes. The supervisors keep up with your success in the company with one on ones every month to go over what your goals are and how you are doing as far as the metrics. Average handling time, sales per staff hour . I always made by goals .
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work mandatory travel all over the world (sponsored in order to better assist the American Express Member travel experience.
Travel Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, április 27.
Very fast pace environment, Lots of support, Great place to work if you are interested in traveling over the US and Europe. Travel to a destination is a requirement sponsored by the company. Management a little aloof.
Travel
Kontra érvek
New employee getting market value for the job.
Review
Global Business Travel Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami Lakes, FL2018, április 10.
It was a good work environment, but there was not many opportunities for advancement. The day to day was like a typical work place. It was a lot of costumer care.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Executive Travel Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Work at Home2018, április 10.
Very busy no 2 days were the same. My team leader was not great. I enjoyed helping clients. I enjoyed booking wonderful vacations for card members. the training team was excellent.
Great company
Kontra érvek
Did not like my team leader
disorganized
Travel Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, április 6.
Company was way too big and in complete disarray, Ratio of back office to agents was ridiculous, departments that duplicated the work without knowledge of one another, while the front agent couldn't get answers or support when needed. This translated into poor customer service to the client.
salary and benefits
Kontra érvek
very poor management and organization
Not what I expected
Travel Counselor II Delivery (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lawrenceville, GA2018, április 2.
A Typical work day consists of helping card members plan and pay for business related and vacation trips for air, car rentals, hotels, and transfer transportation. I learned enough to survive the clients who are entitled spoiled brats that expect you to do everything for them although they are obnoxious to you. Management has pets, and only they are richly rewarded. Hectic most months and all day and the hardest part of the job are how much power is given to the card members since their surveys affect your shift, bonuses, and ability to move up or around and can even cost you the job itself. The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking about something I love to do "travel," and some of the card members are pleasant humans.
Amount of Vacation hours alloted
Kontra érvek
Short lunch breaks, bad work schedules working every weekend, Having the card member have so much power over your life
work life balance
Travel Counselor II (Volt alkalmazott) –  virtual2018, március 29.
A typical day consist of about 20-40 calls per day
I learned how to increase my productivity while lowering my AHT
The most enjoyable part is being able to work from home, my productivity has increased as a result.
Need better training
Home Travel Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Texas City, TX2018, március 28.
Training needs to be better organized. Training is to rushed.
Smaller groups. Trainers need to be more focused on training the new employees and less visiting
good place to work
TRAVEL COUNSELOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sunrise, FL2018, március 20.
American Express is hands down one of the best places I've worked. The culture at amex is that of partnership and diversity. American Express does care about their employees and does not impose unrealistic expectations from their employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun part of they job is work life balance. Also vacation discount.
Travel Counselor II (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sunrise, FL2018, március 20.
Love everything. From winning free vacation. And also getting up too 3 difference FHR hotels a year up to 3 night which you can also can bring a guest or more up to the hotel how many they will allow in the room that they give you, .
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work for
Travel Counselor , Travel, Lifestyle (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Toronto, ON2018, március 16.
Great company to work for great time interacting with clients and colleagues amazing benefits overall a learning experience would highly recommend working for them
Great Benefits
great job
Corporate Travel Counselor II (Volt alkalmazott) –  virtual /work from home2018, február 28.
Great company to work for. Great enviroment. Fast past enviroment. The job required great work discipline. Strong work skills on various computor systems, and GDS.
Munkahelyi kultúra
only work here if you hate yourself
Travel and Lifestyle Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, február 22.
This place is the corporate equivalent of a movie Gillian. Managment will never back you up if they screw up. The only people who do well here are royal jerks or develop a drinking problem. Talk with someone who works here. They will say "the benefits are great." Ask them how they like their job and they develop lock jaw. If you want to TRULY feel what it's like to be a peon for an evil overlord, then amex is the place for you.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: American Express? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van