American Express-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Travel Consultant

145 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 5 601 értékelés megtekintése
virtual nightmare
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  virtual2018, május 5.
If you are considering AMEX/GBT vs. another job offer, take the other job, nothing at all could be as bad as GBT, it is not AMEX they are leasing the name.

If you have real experience you will be hired, the pay is the same or less that you could get anywhere else, the benefits are good, but honestly even that was not worth the crazzzzy of GBT.

First, you'll be tasked w/self directed learning modules, but don't confuse that with self "paced" you will be expected to complete the training w/in 2-3 weeks, which is actually doable, but in reality there is no way you will retain it all.

I was placed on a team w/in a huge "super group", my team had 12 accounts, sounds simple right, but the account specific training is ridiculous, 12 accounts, with unlike travel policies they didn't even have the insight to put like -like accounts together or at the very least consolidate the UDID's. If 12 accounts sounds okay to you, lets add Canada BSP ticketing and exchanges on 4 or more of the 12 accounts, all while trying to figure out the point of sale tools along with searching for the specific company policies.

I was fortunate that I was placed in a very talented and generous group of agents, they were always willing to assist when they were available. It was very frustrating that a new hire would not have had a point of contact for assistance when needed.

I started in November, by mid January, I was lazily looking for another job, by mid March I was frantically looking for a new job! I honestly considered quitting w/out another job, but stuck it out. Gave notice Mid-April,
  több... started with a normal company benefits are just as good and the pay is better, so my suggestion is keep looking til you find the right fit.

The biggest red flag & I totally ignored it, was being hired with the position to be determined. My fault for taking a job without knowing the specifics & such a waste of time for me and the agents tasked with filling in the gaps of the horrible training.
  kevesebb
virtual
everything
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Awful
Travel and Lifestyle Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brighton, East Sussex2018, április 24.
Management is awful. If your face doesn't fit forget it.
Un-Achievable targets.
No flexibility
No work life balance
Rude Customers
Only pro is great training.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced environment but fun place to work
Corporate Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, április 24.
Typical day at work was taking 30-40 calls a day. Worked international and VIP lines. Learned to multi-task. Management was good and easy to work with on daily basis.Workplace culture was a call center environment. Hardest part of job was working multiple accounts. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with VIP's.
Flexible management
Short breaks and lunch
Use Caution
Travel Consultant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Virtual2018, április 13.
They recently implemented a culture where your success is based on the entire team. If the team does not meet their goals on a quarterly basis then they end the year with a needs improvement and no merit raise. This is regardless of your own personal performance or additional projects completed in the year. This leads to an atmosphere of resentment and lack of motivation.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Good Wage, Overly high expectations
Platinum Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint John, NB2018, április 10.
The training is lacking at best, and the people you deal with on the phone expect everything for nothing, the clientele is the pinnacle of the rich get richer
travel benefits
mandory OT, Stuck up customers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice company in terms of benefits
Senior Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hamilton, ON2018, április 10.
Call center- very stressful. Scripts for every call. Knowledge of Sabre system very important. hours can be long depending on your last call.
Very good benefits if you want top pay for them as 3 tier options.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good job but hard to meet monthly sales goal
Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Salt Lake City, UT2018, április 2.
The hardest part about this job is the monthly goals. You only get credit for sales you initiated, so a lot of the time you are working on someone else's reservation. They have too many sales goals that you have to meet. The benefits are really great and you get PTO from day 1. It's very hard to move into other positions because other employees have higher tenure. I started in the Platinum travelers but wanted to move into cruises. They offered training to new hires but didn't allow current employees to utilize the cruise training.
Benefits, PTO time
Kontra érvek
Hard to meet goals, not easy to use PTO unless it's well in advance
Awful company
Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montréal, QC2018, március 16.
Since they change from AMEX to GBT it went downhill. They don't take care of their employees that's been there over 15 years, we are the first ones they fired. Yet by the next year they are sending me positions to apply to ... hmmm
Amex gbt
Virtual Specialized Corporate Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, március 5.
My contract ended at American Express GBT after 11 months. On the last team I was on, there was no team lead. There was very little training on account specifics.
My contract had just been extended thru June 2018 but within a week, I received a call that my contract would end the following day. I had no notice to find other employment.
Pay
Assigned shift
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
All employee benefits have been withdrawn, lot of bias, favorism, no recognition, no growth, pathetic management
Lead Travel Consultant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Gurgaon, Haryana2018, március 4.
I seriously don't want to work here, it's just I am dragging on until I find an alternate. I find myself being subdued, threatened that if u confront for something which is unjust happening , you will loose your job.
Salary on time
Kontra érvek
Pathetic management bringing bad name to Amex as a brand
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun industry to work in.
Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Melbourne VIC2018, február 27.
Fast paced and dynamic industry to work in. Great perks and we all worked hard as a team.
Meet some wonderful people and was able to travel with work.
Great travel perks.
Kontra érvek
long hours, pay just ok.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive, work from home position
Virtual Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Virtual Texas2018, január 29.
Love the company, the benefits were awesome. The supervisors and management were excellent people. This is a company you can grow with and they promote hiring within the organization.
Benefits and pay
nothing
Worst job in 40 years
Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Work at Home2018, január 25.
I would avoid this company like the plague. You are micro-managed to death! You are never praised, only criticized. I graduated top in my training class but was still criticized on a daily basis for not saying all of the scripted information on every call. Which was hard to do with the customers constantly yelling and rushing you. They monitor your every move. Every call is recorded. And when their tools stop working and you have to call tech support, you are written up. You can miss 2 days a year. After that you are terminated. I worked there 3 years and never got a weekend day off. And I had to work til midnight. We had to bid for our shifts, but managers and team leaders always got the good schedules before it is even your turn to bid. I never had health issues til this job. Now I have high blood pressure. Do yourself a favor and get a job anywhere else!
Cannot think of 1
Too many to list here.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 14NemJelentés
RATING is good
Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Working from home2018, január 24.
They have change a lot since the new owners. When I started It was a very good company the benefits were great. Its not the same anymore. We have to work on weekends once every 3 months.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Outstanding training, good resources and tools
SENIOR TRAVEL CONSULTANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Remote - San Diego CA2018, január 11.
Excellent training and training staff. Collaborative work environment that is encouraged and supported. Good tools to use in day to day work and strong electronic support.
Tools, co-workers
work schedules
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 6Jelentés
The best company in Delhi I have worked
Sr. Travel Consultant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Gurgaon2018, január 5.
It's a good company if we compare the other option in the Indian market. Employee and client centric. Good working atmosphere. The only change they need to work on their applications or tools of booking as it seems outdated. The time to run faster.
I joined this company 3 year back with the implant of HCL technologies. The toughest account as per the rumors in the market. I also faced challenges working at the beginning but gradually overcome with it and got the top performer of the year. Actually whenever you join a new place it comes up with few ups and downs but you have be patient and go with the flow the things gets settled soon.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Work day
Travel Consultant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Minnesota2018, január 4.
We would log into the phone and take calls all day and each call would be different. They would want certain things an exact way and they would want what they wanted. They had a particular need/niche and it was to be granted. I liked it. I learned that all things can be managed and done. The hardest part of the job was doing things at that moment sometimes others didn't understand. Like you would need to call to get such things as a private plane tail number, the room category showed sold out so a call to the hotel was necessary or a special request for a room or car type was necessary. I love the job because it was never the same thing everyday. Someone was always wanting to go somewhere new or do something different. I worked with platinum and Centurion card members.
work at home
i really have none
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11Nem 5Jelentés
Productive and fun
Specialized Travel Consultant - Heart (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sarasota, FL2018, január 4.
I liked my job and did my work with all respect to the company and clients. I was happy on my job. There were many changes, but didn't bother me at all. I got to know many people at American Express/GBT. What i liked the most was working with many wonderful people in the company.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place to work , but managment needs a complete overhaul
Certified Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, január 1.
great place to work, but management needs a overhaul, Too much micro managing and managers are not fair. picking sides and too many clicks. moral was in the toilet and high turn-over rate.
some incentives
micro managment
Munkahelyi kultúra
difficult environment working from home
Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Work from home2017, december 13.
Son was in High School and it was difficult to work late shift at home due to many friends and music. Probably not the best environment to work in. Only choice was to work from home due to the nature of the call center.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 5Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: American Express? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van