American Express Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 4 865 értékelés megmutatása
Did not meet expectations
Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, február 2.
I worked at Amex for 6 years and found that the management of the company is inconsistent across business units, the top layer of management never changes and becomes stale (they just rotate around), implementing decisions without completely disrupting operations is impossible because no one takes time to understand impact of their decisions, and no one at the top takes accountability for anything. You can run a business unit into the ground and make employees miserable and dissatisfied, and still be at the company 5 years later doing something else.

There is a layer at the top of the company that is completely out of touch with how business units actually operate. Because they all rotate around, fresh ideas are hard to come by. There is a toxic thick layer of middle management (from VP to SVP to EVP) that lacks core leadership competencies and is usually like a group of chickens with their heads cut off. Promotion is often done from within and because so many roles have been cut over the last few years to meet financial targets, there is no longer the opportunity for people to move around or move up and everything is stagnant.

The company has lost the best people and the ones that are left get shuffled from one leader to another and reorged until they eventually leave. This place has become depressing, to say the least.
Pro érvek
Good healthcare benefits, decent time off if you have time to take it
Kontra érvek
Work life balance across teams is EXTREMELY inconsistent
Very positive
MICE Project Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Московская область2018, február 1.
Postive employees
befenits
highly recommend
perfect workplace culture
amex
Open Top Client Acquisition- Business Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, február 1.
Very good company to work for. They pay very well, train really well and churn out great employees. It is a great culture. I really enjoyed my time there and would give a thumbs up
great place to work
Customer Care Professional (Volt alkalmazott) –  Work at Home2018, február 1.
I loved working for American Express, The training was really fast for someone like me I've never worked in banking. I was employed for 6 months. I've never worked in the military time before & with Amex that's what they used & they were located in Utah pst. Amex always gave extra hours I would always sign up. I had 3 no-shows (extra hours) & I lost my job. I was very sad about it because I worked so hard to learn my job. Now I know military time along with the pst & different time zones, I'm just waiting for my previous position to become available so that I can reapply. Best company to work from home for. American Express provides the equipment & they pay for the business side of the internet. The pay is wonderful :)
Pro érvek
work from home & virtual training
fast pace taining
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Good Pay for the Stress
Lead Corporate Customer Care Professional (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, január 31.
If your on the phones all day it can be stressful. Metrics are pushed heavy. Some are easy to obtain while others are sometimes out of your control. The pay is more than reason for what you are doing.
Good Bonuses
Stressful on the phones
Great Company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Minneapolis, MN2018, január 31.
Great atmosphere, very busy in daily duties. Continual collaboration with other departments. I found the company to be diverse and welcoming of all cultures. Enjoyed the environment and the people.
Noted here
Noted here
Munkahelyi kultúra
Master Credit specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gurgaon, Haryana2018, január 30.
Every new day was challenging, full of surprises and fun. The goodies and incentives were a driving force. Campus had amazing facilities. The festivals, though were working days, yet felt like festivals. Management, if wishes, can do anything (just like any other org with politics). Learned, teamwork, integrity, Customer Commitment, quality, respect for people, Good Citizenship, A will to win and accountability. Learned how to draw my own career path at Amex. The competition was pretty healthy among peers. Hardest part was to quit. Enjoyed every possible day except for the last day. The only regret is, management could have been a little flexible about leave policy.
Pro érvek
Goodies every now and then
Kontra érvek
No flexibility of policies for consumers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
El empleado es tomado muy en cuenta
Personal sales (Volt alkalmazott) –  México2018, január 30.
Me gusto mucho el enfoque de escuchar el empleado.
Prestaciones en general
Kontra érvek
No hay mucho tiempo libre
Hired under false pretenses
IT Support (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Petersburg, FL2018, január 30.
I was hired for the position of desktop support. The job they tell me to do is manage ISPs for home-based employees. This is a full-time responsibility suited for the skillset of a project manager. When I pointed out that they were hiring technical people for management work- under a completely different job title, I was told it would be too much work to change the job descriptions with the recruiters. I am paid less than the part-time security guards. I work for 2 contractors for some reason. I get no benefits, no sick time, no holiday pay. American Express believes I will work this way for 20 years.

My local management is awesome. The issues come from corporate.
I do get paid...
Kontra érvek
Low pay, no investment in their people
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and many nice people.
Help Desk/ Desktop support (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, január 30.
Typical day started early in the morning.

We all had a lot on our plates.

Management was nice. They gave us coffee.

The hardest part of the job were server related.

I enjoyed the working environment there very much.
Free luch at times.
Excellent place to work!
Quality Assurance Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  MX2018, január 30.
I loved my job as a Quality Manager for American Express Credit Cards, great environment and benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Program Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, január 30.
Amex is a good place to work, just not a lot of advancement. As with most places it is a great place to work but the focus is on maintain rather than grow.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive, work from home position
Virtual Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Virtual Texas2018, január 29.
Love the company, the benefits were awesome. The supervisors and management were excellent people. This is a company you can grow with and they promote hiring within the organization.
Benefits and pay
nothing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Look somewhere else
Business Analyst (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, január 29.
Awful management
Poor pay
Boring job
Lie to employees faces during the hiring process and throughout employment about job security, then issue a massive layoff with zero notice
Knowingly lure people in with the prospect of long term full time employment. Despite knowing most of their employees are working paycheck to paycheck, rather than being honest and giving people a chance to land on their feet, they purposely lie and create a stressful and secretive culture, then cuts people's legs out from under them
Couldn't be more unethical
nice relaxed work place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, január 29.
I loved working there the management and crew members was awesome if iwas still living in phone that is one place that I would let others know to apply there
Munkahelyi kultúra
Truly a nice place to work
DIRECTOR - INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, január 29.
I've worked here for 12+ years because people are very nice. No one yells or is rude. There's ample opportunity at the junior level -
you get to post for new roles every ~2 years so can always be challenged. However, it is still a pyramid org structure so at some point, most people leave to look for other opportunities.
Good work life balance, nice people, can move jobs every ~2 yrs
Kontra érvek
Projects can progress slowly to the agility issues
Excelentes
Profesional Ejecutivo de Servicios Especializados (Volt alkalmazott) –  Patriotismo, Ciudad de México2018, január 29.
Su cultura organizacional es una de las mejores que lo a caracterizado siempre que la a hecho ganadora y reconocida como una de las mejores empresas para trabajar y en eso estoy completamente de acuerdo.
Pro érvek
Sus metas de alcanzar la excelencia.
Kontra érvek
Puede llegar a ser algo demandant.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Excelente empresa
Analista logs and ledgers (Volt alkalmazott) –  México2018, január 29.
Es un gran lugar para trabajar y crecer profesionalmente
Gran ambiente de trabajo
Ninguno
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very good learning but not much work life balance
Program/Project Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu2018, január 28.
Very good learning but not much work life balance. Implemented Agile in my project first in my department. Managed a very bigger team and got AMEX chairman "Project of the year award for 2015"
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Excelente empresa para trabajar
Coordinador Financiero (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.2018, január 28.
Una empresa muy buena para trabajar. Ofrece oportunidades de crecimiento y respeta mucho tu tiempo dentro y fuera de la emprea

Átfogó minősítés