American Express Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 6 017 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun with a lot of competition
Director of Client Development (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, október 11.
again lots of competition you had to out work,think,and out smart your competitiors . zI love the trill of the kill. Always good to earn a win. Why we do it !!!
the clients
people lying
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
American Express
Senior Engineer (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, október 10.
I loved working there.I loved my job. It was a dream job. The problem was some managers was dishonest, lazy and cut throat. They only looking to get paid. They care less on how the IT department is run. It's a shame, because it's a great company with hard working people to be lead by incompetent managers. Other then that I loved working there. I would do it again if I could.
Great Employees
Kontra érvek
Management is not held responsible for their actions.
enjoyable
Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL2018, október 10.
Incredible benefits. The environment was fun. We had productive meetings. I had enough training to prepare me to be the best in my position. I was able to have a good work/life balance.
Culture is phenomenol
Training Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gurgaon, Haryana2018, október 10.
I spent good 10 years in the company. What a journey and what learning experiences. During the time i was there the leadership was phenomenal. The salary could be better.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Best work place all over the world
Senior Financial Analyst (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gurgaon, Haryana2018, október 9.
American express always care to their employees and management is awesome. Even, every employees are getting equal opportunities at the work place. There is awesome working environment for everyone one.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great atmosphere for professional growth
Account Development Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Scottsdale, AZ2018, október 9.
Progressive organization with the opportunity to advance and develop valuable professional relationships. Strong and ethical commitment to local and global community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Reliable and well known company to work for
Learning Services Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brighton, East Sussex2018, október 7.
I enjoyed working for American Express, I was there for just under 8 years.

In that time I was unfortunately made redundant twice due to restructuring of departments, the first time I secured a new new job the second time there was nothing suitable I felt so I took redundancy.

American Express is a very good company to work for they do look after their employees, good pensions and benefits.
Good staff benefits
Kontra érvek
Large company restructure departments regularly
Munkahelyi kultúra
No job work/life balance. Management is very biased
Lead Business Analyst (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Gurgaon, Haryana2018, október 7.
There is biased management. Favors only female employees. There is no work and life balance. Job culture is not good. Politics is all around. There is no encouragement for your work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Virtual Work Environment
BOUTIQUE TRAVEL CONSULTANT - Tours & Cruises (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Virtual2018, október 6.
It is the best company for a virtual work environment. Even though you are not in an office, you still have a work culture and the opportunity to occasionally connect with your office peers.

They take really good care of their employees. Managers & leaders listen to the needs and concerns of their team members and go above and beyond in working with them on whatever may be called for at the time.

Everyone is very friendly.
Pro érvek
Travel opportunities and discounts, awards and rewards
Kontra érvek
You are still working in a call center setting but just from your home
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
American express
Airport Shuttle Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.2018, október 6.
Este trabajo me dio la oportunidad de ingresar al mundo laboral, fue una gran experiencia en donde pude practicar inglés.
Buen Salario
era temporal
Munkahelyi kultúra
the company is productive and the working culture is very good.
Business Analyst (Debit & Credit Analyst) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gurgaon, Haryana2018, október 6.
I have learned so much from this company about credit and debit factors in finance and also about the foreign cheque cashing processes along with good english speaking and writing .
free cab facility
early morning shifts
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Great Company
Technologies - Lead Business Architect (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, október 5.
Great benefits. Good working environment. People are motivated to perform well and for the company. There are layoffs from time to time but nothing to worry about.
Environment de travail agreable
Project Analyst-GFNA (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brighton UK2018, október 5.
. Une journee de travail typique et ordinaire
-Opportunites de developpment
-Culture du lieu de travail
repas gratuit
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrible leadership/no opportunities to learn other responsibilities
Financial Analyst (Volt alkalmazott) –  Scottsdale, AZ2018, október 4.
Horrible leadership/no opportunities to learn other responsibilities, I was not given any additional responsibility. I handled the same exact task for the year I was employed there. In addition, the manager spoke to me a few times in the year I was employed there.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Muy buen ambiente
ejecutivo de ventas (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bosque de radiatas2018, október 4.
Una excelente empresa para laborar muy atentos buen sueldo prestaciones etc
Seguro de vida
Fun to work at American Express
Data Entry Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Staten Island, NY2018, október 4.
I would recommend any one to work at American Express. I had the best experience working with the company. It was a quiet environment to work for. I would probably be still working for this company, if I didn't have to move.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work for
Centurion Relationship Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sunrise, FL2018, október 4.
Great pay, focus on professional development, opportunities exist, great benefits, etc. Work life balance is important so they give you many pto hours to use. Pay increases per year based on good performance.
Everything mentioned
Kontra érvek
Need patience to move into more financially lucrative roles
Munkahelyi kultúra
Un buen ambiente laboral, con todo las características que pueda tener un empresa.
Analista Senior Reporting y Pricing (Volt alkalmazott) –  Capital Federal, Buenos Aires2018, október 4.
Un lugar donde uno trabajaba de manera independiente, cumpliendo con todo las tareas, donde también participaba de ciertas decisiones.
Munkahelyi kultúra
“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger”
Software Engineer (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, október 4.
Good
- Nice View Outside: Hudson River, Statue of Liberty, New Jersey, Upper Manhattan, Lower Manhattan & One World Trade Center
- Humble Manager: My manager works hard and over time. Sometimes provides feedbacks with the double-layer sandwich method. Supportive and helped develop my confidence and leadership style by guiding through the process and by allowing/pushing to make my own decisions.
- Team leads: Inspiring, humble, supportive encouraging. Celebrated the differences.
- Co-workers: Funny, supportive, helpful, Inspiring, and creative.

I gained more confidence, became a better individual as a person and as a programmer.

Bad
- No Guide(s) for new hires: So much confusion, disorientation, and brusque orders without any great explanation.
- Bureaucracy at its best: Vague and empty official feedbacks & criticism on performance from completely different department’s managers and teams.
- No Transparency: Possibility of getting fired (happened) when talking with someone above your manager like team director, even if he adds his own & collects all the comments & feedbacks about ones’ performance from different unrelated & unconnected departments.
- Judgments through Assumptions: Negative feedbacks on my performance by other department’s managers across the floor by their great observation skills.
- Miscommunication & Misunderstanding: Between team members and across other teams, managers and team director. And no efforts for further clarification and for better understanding before making decisions.
- Strange Work Environment:
- Other department
  több... team’s members meet pleasantly when in need or for a request, but put extra efforts ignoring you other times, including the main team director who hired you.
- Depression across the floor and I were told during the interview that people don’t stay there very long. I wonder why!
- Insecurity & flirtation Issues across the opposite genders with racial issues due to different backgrounds and therefore resentment through mistreatment.
- Very rigid & toxic environment. It doesn’t matter how great you do your part, you are still expected to stay stationary on your confined chair. You’re judged upon your body moments across the floor and the other employees whom you communicate to.
- Micromanagement: You’d be completely assured to rely on your great expertise, but you’re still expected & forced to comply.
- Bad Management:
- More of an aggressive communication style between managers towards their and other team’s members. Lack of sincere acknowledgment & appreciation for the time and efforts put in.
- Easily replaceable for any task or work and/or get fired without any real & detail explanation.
- Less Benefits & Perks and more restrictions: Seldom food & occasional snacks, discounted gym membership, little pantry area, internet connectivity problems & often severs down, limited access to online official documentation. And of course, no access to AMEX's doctor if you work as a contractor, even if feeling pain due to bug poked in your eye.

Comment to CEO
I don't think you'd read this from a personal experience with my managers. And I can assume how and where it is being tolerated. But know this - the organism that doesn't adapt dies off eventually (like me in this case from this job), but the whole company in the future because the new generation won't tolerate this type of work culture.
  kevesebb
Munkahelyi kultúra
Probably one of the best call centers you could work at.
Centurion and Platinum Travel Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, október 4.
The benefits are great, the pay was pretty good, and the culture was great most of the time.
The biggest source of my dissatisfaction would be the way the surveys were held against you (specifically if the client stated that you were great, but someone else wasn't), and the lack of variety in shifts (if you don't want to be a "work at home" agent).

American Express encourages their employees to keep learning, attend events, submit their ideas, and to get all the training they need when there is time available.
The company overall is great, just had different needs and goals that I no longer felt were being fulfilled with my role at Amex. I also wanted to explore different careers.
Pro érvek
Big cafeteria onsite, Benefits, Lots of paid time off and sick time, Great leadership style with managers
Kontra érvek
Time metrics for my role, The way surveys are counted, lack of shift options or control
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: American Express? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van