AMC Theatres-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Supervisor

90 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good first job for a teenager
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2017, december 5.
I was able to learn a lot of thing in this job, that set the foundation for the real world based on the management crew and other peers, was able to watch as many free movie, free popcorn an soda, discounted hotdogs and nachos.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Too Many hours, not enough pay
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2017, december 4.
I was one of the only people that was trained in every aspect of the theatre, yet I was never recognized. I was a supervisor making 9.50 an hour. Now I make $13 an hour as an unexperienced line cook. The job would've been way worth the BS if the pay was better.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Challenging with occasional long hours
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hammond, LA2017, december 1.
The typical day is pretty routine making sure that all aspects of the theater are ready for business. I've learned a lot about running a business, ordering supplies, counting money, inventory, managing people, dealing with the public etc.. The shift work and distance I have to travel are reasons that make this job difficult. The people I work with are what make this job enjoyable because they both friendly and helpful.
Free movie viewing
Dealing with irrational people
Supervisor Perspective
SUPERVISOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boston, MA2017, november 18.
Plenty of room for growth if you're willing to wait and suffer through the daily grind but it requires a lot of travel to different locations. No work/life balance as 70% of your shifts are at night and weekends. The guests can be challenging and really test your patients. Your coworkers can be extremely lazy and unattentive which makes it very difficult to do your own job. The pay is not that great as they want to incentivize you to move up the ladder, but despite that, there are a lot of lifers who have been in the same position for years. Don't expect any benefits other than a 401k. It doesn't start to feel like a career until you move into a senior and general manager role but it takes years to get there and many relocations.

However, this is an excellent place to gain experience as you will be working multiple roles. You will gain an enormous amount of confidence dealing with people and it will help you when you move on.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun for teenagers or college students
Supervisor/Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2017, november 8.
It's fun working for AMC if you remain as a crew member.

favoritism plays a big role, especially as you move up in the company.

A lot of managers, not all, like to help you move up, but they also are not the greatest with shaping you into what they are expecting out of you. They then use the opportunity to fire those who aren't "cut out for the job" to look good for corporate. So then you kind of just question if they help people to move up just for numbers.
Pro érvek
paid time off, free movies, flexible schedules
Kontra érvek
late hours, no leaving until the last movie ends and everyone is out of the building. weekends and holidays.
Environment
SUPERVISOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hialeah, FL2017, október 16.
As my first real job, it gave my the opportunity to grow as a person and as a worker. I learned that having a job is essential and a lot of hard work in needed to be put into it.
Amazing Job!
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2017, október 2.
Great customer interactions, fun place to be, great team building, good pay, and great mgmt! Loved being in the environment and free movies are a bonus!
Fun
Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Orange, CA2017, szeptember 11.
Fun for teens/young adults in school. Very flexible with hours and you get to see movies for free. Very fast paced but it gets easier with time. Have to be available 2 weekend days fully
Pro érvek
Free movies, fun events, free drinks and popcorn while working, discounted food while working
Kontra érvek
Fast paced, work on weekends, no holidays off, night shifts
Fast paced workplace
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newport, KY2017, szeptember 11.
The atmosphere of AMC is different from when I was employed. It was a strict workplace environment, and has appeared to become more lay back from when I was there.
The hardest part was dealing with customers that were disruptive (ex: cell phones being used while the movie is playing), and under aged individuals that wanted into R rated theaters.
I enjoyed the free movies and movie posters!
Munkahelyi kultúra
A really great first or college job
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mobile, AL2017, szeptember 5.
Working at the theater was great during my college years. Most of my hours were over the weekend and they were very flexible with my school schedule. Business slows down during the school semester and when there is a break between the semesters there are plenty of hours available.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Terrible
Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Plainville, CT2017, augusztus 29.
Unprofessional workplace and management environment. Extremely detrimental to associate morale and properly functioning workplace. People need to get fired.
Great for young
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oklahoma City, OK2017, augusztus 21.
For young people looking for a career its wonderful. For someone over 25, I think you receive less consideration for manager position and gm position.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced with free movies
Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Columbus, OH2017, augusztus 6.
Supervise film crew in day to day operations. Responsible for cash and office duties as well. Making a film schedule, crew schedule, daily assignment sheet and weekly HR duties.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It may have been just my location, but...
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Arlington, TX2017, július 14.
This place was a nightmare to say the least. Our General Manager had us do her dirty work for us, and was easily the worst manager I have ever seen in a workplace. She didn't care about anyone or anything unless it either made her look good, or made her money. If there was a rush, she would just creep back into her office and act like she didn't know there was a rush. She would gossip about other co-workers to my face, and even refused to send a certain employee's paper's through to another job when she transferred. On top of that, our theatre was in need of a renovation/remodel, and didn't get one because (again) she wanted more money rather than to upgrade our theatre. Again, it may have been my location, but I did not have a great time working for AMC Theaters.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a place to get your foot in the door...
Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Decatur, GA2017, július 10.
Great opportunity to grow . Starting salary isn't much.The rewards come if you hang in there. The pay is minimal wage if you don't have any experience however, you have to start somewhere.
Pro érvek
Free movies & a great place to earn a few bucks
Starting salary isn't much
Don't do it
Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  West Orange, NJ2017, június 22.
If you are person who need a social life the place isn't for you, long hours, no breaks, pay doesn't match the workload. Management is young and inexperience and are never around when you need them
free movie tickets
Kontra érvek
long stressful hours, little pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun part time job for students
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rockville Centre, NY2017, június 15.
The work environment is fun with great benefits for the employees. The management team communicated goals and objectives clearly and worked together as a team to provide guest with an unmatched experience.
Dealing with entitled customers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and semi-laid back atmosphere
Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Rocky River, OH2017, június 10.
AMC Theatre is a fun place to work for first time employment. A typical day as a supervisor varies depending on the amount of guests coming through that day, and if any changes are being made to any policies or equipment etc. Sometimes its pretty fast paced and you go from concession to box office and then sometimes to the bar. As a supervisor you go where you are need most to help make the day run as smoothly as possible. However most days I will be at Guest Services waiting to handle any customer issues and answering phone calls, as well as checking and updating movie content.
My six years here have helped my confidence in dealing with the public and handling any concerns they may have. I have also learned new computer skills when dealing with the set up of the movies and the digital projectors. Working in an environment where there can be sudden changes and minor or even major issues that effect the way your business flows has strengthened my ability to adapt to new situations.
The hardest part of the job can be when dealing with a customer that never seems happy with any solution you offer to their issue, they just can not be satisfied. All you can do is remain calm and respectful when dealing with this person, and stick to the company's policies.
The best part of the job is the laid back atmosphere of our location and its ability to still maintain it's professionalism. The management team tries to keep the crew up beat even on our busiest days, and sometimes if they are able they will do an employee only show of one of our new movies.
AMC Theatre has been a
  több... big part of my professional growth and development. However I need to move on to something new that offers more growth and the ability to move up in the workplace.  kevesebb
Free movies.
Kontra érvek
Not so great benefits for people below management level.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work as a first job
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2017, június 6.
It had a variety of people working there during the years that I had worked. The schedule were flexible with enough hours to work. But the hardest part of the job was taking out all the trash out at the end of the shift. But the most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to work with people that I got along well and we actually worked as a team.
Kontra érvek
We paid healthcare out of our checks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard work, little pay, but can be fun
Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado2017, május 21.
If you are motivated you can find success here but it will come with a great deal of personal involvement. Fun atmosphere can be dependent upon location.

Átfogó minősítés