AMC Theatres-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Manager

83 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
A fun place to work
Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2017, december 7.
It was fun - Advancement opportunities exist but you have to move to Kansas City. Little oversight was both a Pro and a Con. I didn't have anyone breathing down my back, but also, I don't think upper management had a clue of my capabilities.
Little oversight
Little oversight
Underpaid
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2017, november 27.
It's not a bad place to work. The management is okay, and the work itself is alright, but expect to be sorely underpaid until you get a salaried position.
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
My theatre was fun to work at, but that’s bc I have an excellent GM above him though I don’t know if they have our well being at heart.
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, november 19.
Don’t get a job here if you want to be paid fairly. While it can be fun, nobody stays because of pay, on top of that it can get stressful and hard to have a personal life.
Fun environment
Kontra érvek
People above the GM do not care about you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to learn a variety of skills
Hourly manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Woodbridge, VA2017, október 25.
Working at AMC will prepare you for just about any other retail experience. There are opportunities for development and advancement. Plus free movies.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was a great place to work
Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Collins, CO2017, szeptember 27.
AMC took over after a few years of Kerasotes Cinemas (thank the gods, they were awful) and was willing to put the time and money and realized the great niche of a second run discount theatre for the families of Fort Collins.

They offered standard film crew pay, but Management pay was great including some benefits and regular training classes to keep knowledge up to date and to recruit the best managers in the area for promotions or new GM availabilities.

The "2 dollar" was is a great place, old and a little rinky-dink, but it had soul and was one of the best jobs I've had.
Pro érvek
Staff, movies, soda, location, flexible hours
Kontra érvek
occasional guest out of control/jerk
Fun, challenging,
Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Terre Haute, IN2017, augusztus 14.
Currently having some financial concerns for investors . Reducing hours of operations companywide. Resulting in downsizing measures being implemented.
Management advancements
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Michigan City, IN2017, augusztus 14.
Learned a lot when it comes to movie theatre operations but also learned how to be a manager. Took on several different departments such as bar operations, human resources, administration, theatre performance and marketing.
Free movies
Late nights
Great Job for Youth
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Texas2017, augusztus 8.
As a manager you get to mold and assist with career development for teens. Great way to give back to the our future. Great GM and encourages career growth.
Free Movies
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Fast Paced
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Leawood, KS2017, augusztus 2.
Work is always busy - lots of innovation and projects happening. Depending on the department you work in, days can be long and stressful but once the project is delivered appreciation is there.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Amc
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Chattanooga, TN2017, július 27.
Great atmosphere. Extremely busy days. Great place to work. Teamwork atmosphere. Surprisingly physically demanding work. Large company with lots of opportunities.
OT is straight time
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work, good perks
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bismarck, ND2017, július 22.
Awesome company to work for. Lots of room for promotional potential if you work for it. Perks of the job are a plus, company encourages capitalizing on the movie passes and other freebies.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy job but say good-bye to your weekends
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Webster, NY2017, július 19.
This is an easy job if you have good customer service skills. During week days there is a lot of downtime and then weekends are the opposite. Be prepared to help alongside the staff if you want them to like you. Everyone hates the managers that hide in the back office and aren't on the floor. The actual managerial part of the job is super simple. Fill-out paperwork and make sure the staff does their job. Each manager also is in charge of a different department, such as HR or marketing. Those hardly effect your day to day work and are honestly refreshing as they give you something to do during the slow day periods. The worst part of the job is consistently having to work weekends and holidays. If I want more than two days off in a row I have to do some serious planning beforehand. Two-day weekends (even if it means Monday-Tuesday) are few and far between.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
n/a
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2017, július 18.
fun with people who like movies and you get free movie tickets . After you work 29 hrs of over time you dont get paid for it and they work you with no lunch
Munkahelyi kultúra
Comfortable work environment but subpar treatment of employees
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Deptford, NJ2017, május 31.
While I do enjoy working for the company as a whole, I feel constricted and underappreciated since becoming a manager. I've had little to no training in my first month at the new position, yet have been given huge amounts of responsibility with no guidance. I did not receive any recognition for achieving my promotion, and have been met with a lack of communication and teamwork by my new theater's GM. As an aspiring film producer, working with movies and gaining the knowledge of the theater business has been a wonderful experience, unfortunately, once it's boiled down to the day to day activities, I find myself not enjoying the job anymore.
Free movies
Kontra érvek
No breaks, minimal benefits, raises and recognition
Not what I expected
Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2017, május 23.
This job fooled me into believing that it was the one for me. In the first 2 months I realized that this was not the career I wanted for myself. They give you a high volume of responsibility that your compensation does not reflect.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fast pace work style
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Paramus, NJ2017, május 21.
We deal with over 30,000 in cash deposits. We must have amazing guest service recovery.Must also be able to manage inventory. Also we are in charge of the hiring process.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Grateful for a job but would not do it agian.
Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL2017, május 6.
Worked there a few months short of ten years. Would not ever do this again. Pay is only minimum wage, managers can be rude and will expect you to do their jobs. Worked my way up from regular crew to manager and only time my pay really increased substantially was when the city increased the minimum wage and everyone else had to get some sort of increase.
Pro érvek
Free movies and half price food while on break.
Kontra érvek
Late night, rude managers.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
not good
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ashburn, VA2017, május 2.
not a good company to work for. management very poor and with no experience. all you have to do is to make GM happy and you can be a manager in few days.
no benefits, poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 3Jelentés
Fun workplace
Hourly Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Baltimore, MD2017, április 30.
I have worked at multiple locations and they all have very similar environments. They really take of their staff. It was pleasure working there and it is sad that I had to part with the company.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Quick Paced and Highly Stressful. Don't pay enough, Great place to meet people
Hourly Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denver, CO2017, április 17.
AMC Theatres is a very quick paced, high stress work environment. This is a great first job for young people who are trying to work their way through school, but I would say with the amount of pay and the amount of stress, it isn't the ideal place to make a career. The teams that you work with are a great benefit and pro
Pro érvek
Flexibility in hours, great teams
Kontra érvek
Stressful, low pay, work holidays
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés