AMC Theatres-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Crew Member

understaffed/overstaffed low pay
CREW MEMBER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cicero, IL2018, február 18.
A typical weekend would consist of you rushing around and attending to customers, many people did not stock after shifts and management did little about it. This lead to under-stocked products and made the day easily 10 times harder. The starting pay for a crew member was 8.25, getting a raise every 3 months.
Pro érvek
Free tickets for you and another person
low-pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good experience for a first job
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, február 16.
Gained a lot of customer experience working there but for what they have you do its not worth the amount they pay you. Also management was not at its the best when i decided to leave there.
Kontra érvek
also most ever get a brake
cool coworkers
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, február 14.
the only reason I stayed so long was the free movies and great coworkers. management played favorites. you really have to kiss butt to get ahead if you want to get ahead.
Great job for all ages
Crew Member (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bensalem, PA2018, február 14.
AMC has something for everyone whether you're 16 or 65. It is a great place to work and I have absolutely no complaints except we throw a lot of food away and staff aren't allowed to take it home.
Discounts, Friendly Management, Free Movies, Employee Stubs Card
Wasteful
N/a
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Enid, OK2018, február 11.
Management was amazing. The employees were wonderful to work with. I didn't like leaving the job but I had no choice at that time. If I could go back I would. I loved that place.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy place to work and move up
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Universal City, CA2018, február 10.
It's a relaxed environment. Management is super flexible with needing time off. Selling stub cards were probably the worst part of this job.There is a lot of room for growth if you prove yourself.
Not compensated well
Theater Crew (Volt alkalmazott) –  Glendora, CA2018, február 8.
This job is physically demanding, and you will often see your schedule jump from 4 hours a week to 32 hours. There is no stability in scheduling. I enjoyed that each crew member did a bit of everything, but compensation was so poor. a year of service qualifies you for a $0.20 raise... if you deserve it.
A divisive management team
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wichita Falls, TX2018, február 7.
We had no less than four managers on staff at all times. The general manager was, to say the least, quirky, but truly cared about her staff. She dealt with me when I went through some hard times. Then we had our operations manager, who was lax, but still got everything running correctly and did his job well. The other two managers were less than appeasing to talk about. One, almost constantly, seemed to be under the influence of marijuana. The other, had an aggressive management style that went above and beyond mere assertiveness. While the three management styles can work effectively in their own right, this hodge-podge triumvirate seemed like a recipe for disaster on MANY different occasions.
Pro érvek
Free screenings of movies, free popcorn
No benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Energy consuming and low pay
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  South Tampa, FL2018, február 4.
My experience at AMC was very brief due to the fact that I was started with only making 8.50 an hour while having to work long hours and perform a lot of hard work. Also the call off procedure is really messed up. I had asked another person to cover my shift and they agreed and it was told to the manager on duty however the person that was suppose to cover my shift said they couldn’t an hour before my scheduled shift. Long story short I got written up for that situation even though I had followed procedure.
Free movie tickets
Kontra érvek
Only discount on food while during scheduled shift; low pay; long hours; bad scheduling;
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very easy to work and prepares you for other endeavors
Crew Member (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Voorhees, NJ2018, január 30.
Family like enviroment, everyone gets along. It is competivive along with good benefits as far as movies and rewards to provoke initiative. I enjoyed it.
Temp Job
Theater Crew (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fitchburg, WI2018, január 29.
The schedule manager wasn't great but she was later fired after I left. The main manager was great. The place completely changed after I left so I'm sure it's alright. I just didn't enjoy it. Movies were nice though.
Poor pay
High-traffic, fast-paced
Crew (Volt alkalmazott) –  Murfreesboro, TN 371282018, január 21.
With everyone in school or at work, expect the week days to be light. That means weekends are going to be packed for the most part. I liked it because enjoyed my co-workers, making the job much easier.
Must work holidays
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Good entry level job
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kansas City, MO2018, január 20.
This job would be great for anyone looking for there first job. The pay accurately reflects the position & responsibilities of the job. If you don't mind a fast paced, customer service based job, than this is for you.
free movies & popcorn
Munkahelyi kultúra
Only good for high schoolers
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hiram, GA2018, január 17.
I worked for amc over a year. Management did not communicate with workers unless you were their friend from school. If you didn't got to school with the managers or are attending the same school then dont get a job there. They treat you like an outcast and they play favorites. Favorites get all the good hours and your stuck with bad hours. Oh and do you want a break? Well unless you're under 18 you probably won't get one unless we are slow.

The only positive were some of my coworkers. They were really nice, fun to be around and always made a bad work day better.
No hours, No breaks, Have to work every holiday
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 2Jelentés
fun job
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2018, január 17.
fun job but low pay. great co workers and management. I have nothing else to say about this job. Daughter worked there so that was fun. great job for high schoolers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace but not paid enough for what you have to do
Crew Member and Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Conyers, GA2018, január 12.
AMC was a good place to work and I had fun with my coworkers and managers. The pay sucked (minimum wage), you didn't get paid enough for what they have you do. Crew members basically ran the whole theater, managers had to deal with run time and putting movies in the correct theater and time slot. They were mostly in the office and only came out to the concessions when there was an issue with a register or a customer. I was told that a raise wasn't an option unless I got promoted. Employees are placed in one of two areas: concessions/box office or ushers. I figured they go based off of personality, I noticed many of the bubbly, outgoing employees were placed where customer interaction was inevitable (concessions/box office) and the more laid back or introverted employees were placed as ushers. The overnight cleaning company was horrible, they always left entire trash carts out by the dumpster and leaving them there instead of emptying the carts and bringing it back in like they're supposed to.
Fun work place environment
Kontra érvek
Scheduling sucked, understaff due to cutting off shifts, not enough pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amc allows you to meet some great people
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Texas2018, január 11.
You must find someone to cover your shift! If not, then you get a write up. The management cares more that the job is done, rather the person. You don't get time and a half for working on the holidays and you'll most likely have to work all of them. They pay minimum wage but require a lot of your time.
Free popcorn & drinks
Scheduling, overpriced, overworked
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a nice place to work as it was a fun work environment.
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Olathe, KS2018, január 9.
It just wasn't the right fit for me as I didn't like there scheduling format and the way shifts were handled for under 18 year old. I thought the leadership was very good.
Free movies
Crew Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mesa, AZ2018, január 6.
A great first job for a high school student. If you shine enough you may even go manager. Free popcorn, soda, and movies are the perks along with flexible hours.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
A really cool job for teen 16 to 18
Theater Crew (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2018, január 3.
watching the movie for was really cool but the cleaning is the hard part and its a really cool job for teen 16 to18 to work at. and you get to meet a whole of people
watch movie for free