AMC Theatres Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 2 569 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
fun place
Film crew (Volt alkalmazott) –  Plainville, CT2018, június 22.
i enjoyed working at amc theaters .the management team was very understanding and flexable with my schedule. the crew team was even better . only issue was lack of hrs some weeks and overload of hrs another
discounted movie tickets
A very obvious job
Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, június 21.
It is what you expect it to be.The job can be pretty hectic and there are a bit of flaws with the company like constant policy changes, new promotions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work at
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ontario, CA2018, június 21.
It was an awesome place to work at! I learned manly skills that I was able to apply with guests and outside of work as well. I was always treated equally.
Free movies
No cons
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place for a first job
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Disney springs2018, június 20.
Amc was my first job I loved it at first but then realized how much gossip was going on and managers favorited people. Unfortunately I got fired for the dumbest reason because this co worker decided to lie to managers and when they brought me in my statement didn’t match hers and we parted ways . The pay is low but I received a lot hours it was a fun environment .
Free movies
Managers
Productive workplace
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Platte, NE2018, június 20.
AMC theatre is a great place to relax and watch movies. It has a comfortable and friendly atmosphere. The theaters are kept clean by hard working employees. A typical day when I walked in the door would be busy. After everyone got to their movie we would clean the lobby and bathrooms then go on a break till the movies were over. We would then clean the theaters for the next rush. I learn how to clean at a fast pace while doing a good job. The management kept the employees in their place by being hard on them. The hardest part of the job was recovering from mistakes during a rush. The most enjoyable was getting to learn lots and eat free popcorn.
Pro érvek
Free movies, free popcorn, challenging bosses, hardworking coworkers
Kontra érvek
long breaks that cut hours, minimum wage
not that great
Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Methuen, MA2018, június 20.
great place to work, great benefits only thing wish the management functioned better, only issue working here. the guest didnt like the prices but a good experience replaces that
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun and enjoyable place to work
Guest Services Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Midlothian, VA2018, június 19.
Amc was an enjoyable job as a teenager. I dont think its a job that can support a family but defintely a good job for a younger crowd for after school and weekend
Good Place for High School teens to work
Team Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Camp Hill, PA2018, június 19.
The theater I worked at was recently changed to AMC so my whole time there we were in the process of changing everything over so I had to pick up stuff quick and learn on the fly. It's only busy on weekends and when blockbusters come out.
Low pay
Film Crew Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mesquite, TX2018, június 18.
Working for minimum wage there is no way to live off of that at all. No real option for movement up management. The supervisors also cannot do much to help without a managers approval.
Munkahelyi kultúra
que sea un ambiente donde podamos compartir con nuestros compañeros
Pailero (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cartagena, Bolívar2018, június 18.
Trabajar y hacer las cosas bien . aprender a compartir con mis compañeros, que entre nuestros jefes tengamos una armonía muy buena ya sea en lo cultural en lo deportivo y en lo laboral.La parte mas difícil del trabajo es que no tengamos comunicación con los compañeros . Lo que mas me gusta es que el trabajo que este realizando me salga bien y nuestros jefes estén contentos, y la empresa salga adelante.
Pro érvek
que tengamos un seguro que nos cobije todo
Kontra érvek
que tengamos pausas en tiempos determinados
Could be better
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Plymouth Meeting, PA2018, június 18.
Managers at the time were very selfish centered and couldn't properly approach and employee without attitude. And took almost a month to send my check.
Short breaks
great place to work
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Paramus, NJ2018, június 17.
for the most part managers were very nice and understanding. great starting job for thise who need a gig just for the summer or during the holidays. juwanda was the absolute best . the owner was very stern but suportive
Good first Job
AMC Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cleveland, OH2018, június 17.
The coworkers made it bearable and the hours are flexible, but you do not get paid a livable wage. The managers can get away with everything they like and at some points it is a popularity contest. A lot of immature minors.
Munkahelyi kultúra
AMC We make Smiles Happen (Not for your employees)
Box Office Cashier, Concessions, Usher, Crew Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Thousand Oaks, CA2018, június 16.
I've worked at a theater location since 2015, I am speaking from many years of experience. When I started working here we weren't know as AMC Theaters, it was Carmike Cinemas. Carmike got bought out and switched to AMC brand in April of 2017. AMC has completely taken all fun out of what it's like to work at a theater. At AMC you will be known and graded for one thing. Selling Stubs, what's annoying is by company standards they think anyone will sign up for it. The truth is they won't and I'm going to explain why. AMC Insider, is a absolute joke of a rewards program. It's 100% but the benefits are almost 0. Basically you've got to spend $250 to get a $5 reward, it waves tickets online if you've got 3 or more people in your party which I guess is kinda useful for a family.

AMC Premier is the knight in shining armor. AMC is desperately trying to find new ways to brainwash the customer/guest into buying it. You will be worshiped as a God by among management for selling them and will constantly expected to sell them for every 10 guest you help. However depending on how your theater looks seat wise and or screen wise it might not be a place a guest would want to return. I came from an out dated theater and I wouldn't wanna go to a place I didn't find comfortable to sit and enjoy a movie in. This is all the cooperation cares about that's it. You could save someone from a burning projection booth and they'd still congratulate whoever sold the most Stubs that day over you.

You're expected to up-sell these to every guest. Out of town visiting family? Under the age of 12? Speak
  több... no English? Doesn't matter they expect you to 100% try to get them to sign up. This all would be fine if they took in to account how much time this takes to sign them up. They will say "It only takes a few moments" but that's a lie. With the computers from 2008 you're looking at something that takes around 3 minutes to do. Keep in mind you've still got a line of people waiting for you to finish. If you're the only one on register you should feel happy you signed someone up however the people it line couldn't be more impatient. I've had guest several times request "Is there anyone else who may be able to help us?" Even tho they've waited a solid 2 minutes or less.

There's good benefits to it and by that I mean only things that are available off the clock. Free movies with you +1 other, discounts applied to things you buy in concessions. Being able to see any movie at any AMC location.

I focused mainly on Box Office a large portion of my time here, I was very fast and it knew what to do and basically could answer any question that came my way. Box Office is by far one of the easiest positions for someone who knows what they are doing and is social. You might deal with guest who are a little unhappy with how the seats are and or pricing but I've never had anyone yell directly at me for a mistake I made, but that all depends on who the person you wronged is.

Greeter/Ticket Taker: You might as well watch paint dry consider this shift solitary confinement. You just rip tickets and answer peoples questions of where the bathroom is.

Usher: It completely an utter when it's busy. The would need 8 trash cans a theater. What use to be PAPER bags is now replaced with cardboard buckets that about of them will fill up a trash barrel.

Concessions: Expect as much suggestive selling and selling Stubs equal to and or more the Box Office.

Take in to account that there will never be an accurate of when you'll be scheduled you could be scheduled to close which could be even until midnight and have to open again at 9am.

AMC makes smiles happen for anyone who's not an employee.
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Free movie tickets and discounts
Kontra érvek
Expecting to sign up everyone for rewards.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good summer job for teens
Film Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Woodridge, IL2018, június 15.
Working on the Film Crew at an AMC Theater is a great first job for teens over the summer or after school, but beyond that the company isn't some place I'd like to start a career. The benefits are decent for full time employees but you have to sink in a few years as a Film Crew Member before that's an option.
Amc,singareni power plant, warangal
Quality Control Engineer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Singareni, Andhra Pradesh2018, június 15.
I felt happy working under this company, but the working hours has to be changed or else the salaries must be increased according to the working hours
Great part time job
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  North Wales, PA 194542018, június 15.
I started at AMC just working concessions. They saw the potential in me. From there I learned ticketing, opening, closing, and how to run the projectors. I just recently was promoted to manager. If you are conscientious and are good at your job, you can move up in the company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Awesome place to work, fun environment; Depends a lot on who your managers are
Crew Leader (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Newark, CA2018, június 15.
AMC has always been a really great place to work. This was my first job. I'd highly recommend the place as an entry-level job or for someone who is looking to make a little bit of extra money. They give you free tickets! It's you plus one and some theaters change it during the summers, you plus two. Also depends on the level you are at. Supervisors and managers get to bring more.
Quality of management depends highly on how they are as people, I believe. Most of the managers were awesome, some are sub-par and it is hard to get them to do anything. For the most part, they are very good about scheduling you correctly, but during busy releases (for example Jurassic World, Incredibles 2, etc) you will want to put in your request for days off as soon as possible.
In my experience, the crew is awesome and it is always a good time. The job title attracts a lot of laid-back people and they create a good, friendly environment.
The hardest part of the job is if you're over 18 (maybe younger, depending on your school status and state laws), closing can keep you at work as late as 3 am. This is good, however, if you need overtime pay or more hours.
Pro érvek
Free movies, free popcorn during your shift, discounted food during shifts, friendly environment, lots of space to advance (it is highly encouraged)
Kontra érvek
Might stay late depending your availability
Employees who don't care
Bartender (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, június 14.
From the bottom with bussers to the top managers, employees at AMC dine-in theaters do not care about their job or making the company a better place to work. Managers who do not know how to lead, care about all the wrong things, and choose to encourage mediocrity create an atmosphere of uncaring in the work place.
Pro érvek
The job is easy, money is decent
Kontra érvek
Motivation to do well is non-existent.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I can make life work with this job
CREW MEMBER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, június 13.
Being that I was college student majority of my time here the pay was ok because I didn't have that many expenses however the pay was not enough for all we had to do and endure.
Pro érvek
they were flexible with my schedule
the pay wasn't enough
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: AMC Theatres? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van