AMC Theatres Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 1 848 értékelés megmutatása
Not Worth It
Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Asheville, NC2017, december 5.
They fired the janitors and expect their employees to stay until 3 AM and pick up the slack while giving no pay raises. They don't even recycle and we throw away multiple cardboard boxes a day. Overall the management is nice and understands we our underpaid and overworked but the owners don't care about the employees.
Pro érvek
Free movies popcorn and drinks
too many to list
Amc
Crew Member (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Burbank, CA2017, december 5.
Fun, temporary work environment for college and high school students.
Little chance for advancement unless you know someone.
As much as people complain about the managers at AMC, with the exception of one or two, the management at AMC is quite good, albeit, temporary. It seems that they have little say in what AMC will and will not do and they do the best that they can with what they receive.
My biggest concern is that even though we are the busiest in the nation, there is little interest from corporate to help fix many issues that could be resolved if AMC was more willing to spend for the overall upkeep of the busiest theatre in the nation.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good first job for a teenager
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2017, december 5.
I was able to learn a lot of thing in this job, that set the foundation for the real world based on the management crew and other peers, was able to watch as many free movie, free popcorn an soda, discounted hotdogs and nachos.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Literally hated this place
Film Crew (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2017, december 4.
management was literally the worst. they pick favorites and let's just say if you're not one of them you'll be an usher for every single shift, while people they like will repeatedly be greeter and box. super underpaid and overworked for the amount of stuff you have to deal with. And you will work every single holiday no ifs ands or buts
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Fun
Crew Leader (Volt alkalmazott) –  Glendale, AZ2017, december 4.
Definitely a good job with good energy. The job is super easy and the people you work with are awesome. Definitely recommend this job to someone looking for their first job
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
stuck
Film Crew (Volt alkalmazott) –  Evansville, IN2017, december 4.
Stuck is the best way to describe the working environment at AMC. To utilize the idea of a ladder, one is stuck on the second rung, and that is the extend that one is able to move up.
Eh.
Film Crew (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2017, december 4.
The job is fun, but only for a short time. It is pretty much exactly what you'd expect. The hours are exhausting - movie theaters are open late. You're expected to sell memberships and get reprimanded if you don't. The job is all about up-selling. You have to have at least two weekend days and one week day fully available (weekends at AMC start on Friday morning and end Sunday night). This is a high stress job.
free movies
weird hours, weekends required
Munkahelyi kultúra
Too Many hours, not enough pay
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2017, december 4.
I was one of the only people that was trained in every aspect of the theatre, yet I was never recognized. I was a supervisor making 9.50 an hour. Now I make $13 an hour as an unexperienced line cook. The job would've been way worth the BS if the pay was better.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ideal for teenagers or a second job
Box Office Attendant/Bartender (Volt alkalmazott) –  South Bend, IN2017, december 2.
I took this position as a way to make additional income. It served its purpose and I left on good terms. The normal pace is high, but there are lower points. The pay is just minimum wage, so I wouldn't suggest this as a way to make your primary income unless you are a teenager who needs money for a car, gas, etc.
fun and compeditive
Server (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mesquite, TX2017, december 2.
when you come in i would sign in to the computer then i would start to put my work outfit on get a hand held for order taking and then get given a theater that i would have to take until it ended.
Pro érvek
half price lunch and free drinks
rude custermers low tips
Munkahelyi kultúra
Challenging with occasional long hours
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hammond, LA2017, december 1.
The typical day is pretty routine making sure that all aspects of the theater are ready for business. I've learned a lot about running a business, ordering supplies, counting money, inventory, managing people, dealing with the public etc.. The shift work and distance I have to travel are reasons that make this job difficult. The people I work with are what make this job enjoyable because they both friendly and helpful.
Free movie viewing
Dealing with irrational people
i hate this job
Ticket Agent (Volt alkalmazott) –  Clifton, NJ2017, november 30.
i was discriminated for my orientation. made me feel unwanted and very uncomfortable. they were very fake and sneaky. i dont not recommend this place to anyone
protective
Team Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Springfield, PA2017, november 29.
Everyday i would clean greet the guest and be a cashier or clean the auditorium. A typical day i learned how to connect with guest on a regular. The management was really good they were very understanding when it was times people had to call out last minute , but was really bad with communicating. The work place culture was very nice and settle. The hardest part fro me was the advertising. The most enjoying was watching free movies.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Exploits workers, like many other large companies
CREW MEMBER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2017, november 28.
You get paid as low as possible while they are constantly increasing your workload and trying to cut budgets. Be prepared to work every night, weekend and holiday. Kiss any chance of a social life good-bye. They tell ever new hire that they will receive a raise every six months, you will never get them. You will always be tired from all of the physical labor, this job truly consumes every fiber of your being.
Free movies
Low pay, No breaks, Bad hours, Physical labor
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
high paced work environment with tough management
Server (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL2017, november 28.
The pay at AMC as a server is pretty good . But with the new management came stricter policies, longer hours, and poor morale amongst the employees. Overall I liked and appreciate the AMC the opportunities it gave me and I would urge anybody to give it a shot and see how it turns out for you.
Underpaid
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2017, november 27.
It's not a bad place to work. The management is okay, and the work itself is alright, but expect to be sorely underpaid until you get a salaried position.
Pay
where to start
Team Captain (Volt alkalmazott) –  Baton Rouge, LA2017, november 27.
AMC was my first job, i did enjoy the opportunity to get experience and then they gave me more than enough customer service experience to last a lifetime i learned how to deal with a variety of people in very different situations.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Good first job
Crew Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Jersey2017, november 27.
Good for a first job. Made some good friends and most of the lower management is nice. It's a lot of hard, physical work though and you don't get paid a decent wage. Customers also tend to treat you quite horribly, but upper management won't ever stand up for you. Really fast paced and stressful, you get mobbed by customers almost everyday.
Pro érvek
Breaks, food discounts, free movies
Bad pay, stressful
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 1Jelentés
Slow paced work
Box Office, Concession , Usher (Volt alkalmazott) –  East Hanover, NJ2017, november 26.
a typical day at work would be for me clean the bathrooms and theatres, serve food and drinks to the guests, and also sell tickets to the guests.
I have learned about upselling and a little about the movie business.
Management was very good, they treated their employees with respect and helped us out any time they can.
Their really was no hard part of the job except when a bunch of people would come in all at once and it would get a little stressful.
Most enjoyable part was the free movies we would be allowed o watch on our breaks.
Pro érvek
free movies, concession stand discounts.
Kontra érvek
Not enough money or hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fine for a temporary part time job
Film Crew (Volt alkalmazott) –  Edina, MN2017, november 26.
I worked there as an in-between job to make easy money while I looked for other jobs. I enjoyed the atmosphere and people I worked with. Pretty simple to work your way up if you show initiative and competence. Ultimately left becauseI I found a full time job that paid me much better.

Átfogó minősítés