Alaska Airlines

3,4Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 624 értékelés megmutatása

Great company to work for!

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
We’re celebrating 90 years of flying at Alaska Airlines! I’ve been with Alaska/Horizon for ___ years. I love working here because of the incredible people and the places I get to travel.At Alaska Airlines, we’ve been flying since 1932. I’m so proud to be a part of this incredible company! My favorite part of job is the benefits and the attempt to work with school schedules!

Productive and fun workplace

I'm overall satisfied with this company. the flight benefit is great and the pay is reasonable. nice people and flexible schedule. you will love it this company.

Hectic but can be fun

Loved working here! It was sometimes hectic but working with the right people made it fun. Everyone was very helpful. It is union so scheduling wasn’t great but not bad.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive and friendly work environment.

I loved going to work every day. I had and still have many friends that work at Alaska Airlines. The management staff can be a bit harsh at times, on one- on -one employee's reviews. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the new ways of doing things. I loved the companionship of my fellow workers and the many customers I helped with their flight plans.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great Benefits but low pay and stressful job

The company has great benefits especially flight benefits but our schedule is through bidding and if your new it’s impossible to get vacation awarded because it’s based on seniority. They also have policy about mandatory overtime and you will get calls even on your day off. My co workers are friendly and supportive but supervisors micro manage. Pay is also far to low from what the management expects from you.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

No work/life balance, low pay, inept management

For a co whose mission statement includes, caring, empathy, and kindness, their employees are treated with everything but. Mandatory OT, inflexible work schedule, no PTO allowed until after 52 weeks…not even 1 day, no sick time allowed (got Covid and was hospitalized, and was given an “occurrence” for missing shifts), poorly designed IT systems which regularly “crash”negatively impacting your “stats” and performance metrics, management that rules with an “iron fist” doling out frequent threats of termination for arbitrary and illogical “infractions”. Oh, but you get “free unlimited flights”. Good luck using them on oversold flights, and zero days off.

Struggling

They need to listen more when discipline is in order. They focus on the wrong things when it comes to front line employees. There is something going on within the company, which makes it difficult for everyone.

Pro érvek

Job itself, travel benefit, healthcare

Kontra érvek

They set standards and rules but they don’t inforce them. Non-flexible in every situation.

Crazy

The airlines industry as a whole right now is crazy stressful after the pandemic. All airlines are short staffed and underpaid. People traveling are also stressed which in turn stress the workers.

It's a job

Had fun days but most were just long and exhausting. It was nice knowing that we helped keep the outlying towns and villages stocked with their day to day necesseties.

Flight benefits, Shift trades

Kontra érvek

Be prepared to have a relief shift

Alaska Airlines - Fairbanks Management is terrible

Terrible work culture and management plays favoritism. They are always hiring and offering bonuses to retain staff, but it's not enough to keep them from quitting. That should tell you enough about this place.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It was fun for a while, now a horror show

The first few months was fun and got to learn a lot. The travel was alright, get bumped off a lot. Too many favorites at play and its toxic. They recently fired a deaf employee, stood for equal access, got shown out of the company instantly. Its too corporate and get pushed out faster than they hire.

Pro érvek

Free food, flights, health insurance

Toxic employees, low pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Don’t. Work. For. Airlines.

You want to be exhausted out of your mind? Working for barely above minimum wage? Having to get up at 2 in the morning to be there until 6pm at night and do it all over again the next day? Don’t. Work. For. Airlines. It’s a horrible job. You’re stressed constantly. You’re overworked by mandatory overtime. If you have plans after work, sorry you have to stay because the plane is delayed. You have to call out because you’re sick, actually sick and in the ER, but you’re on probation for 700+ hours when you first get hired? Sorry, your job is threatened at that point.

Kontra érvek

Horrible, short breaks, on your feet all day, lack of management communication, bad hours, no life work balance

Good benefits, low pay.

A typical work day would be helping guests check in and get them on there flights. Some days its hard because of low on staffing but management still claims we are well staffed. Management will harass asking what is going on when really we were short on people. Management didn't take into account of sick calls, and if you did call in sick they would still ask you why? If you are single and have no bills this is the job for you. They expect all employees to drop everything they are doing and come into work everyday. Especially when it comes to mandatory overtime, meaning possible 12-16 hour day shifts. Or they will have you work your scheduled shift and come back to work another shift later or early next day. Basically you have no life when you start the job because they expect you to finish probation (1,040 hours) six months in total with no call outs. They have a zero toleration for new hires to call out and you pay union dues within those first six months but are not union protected.

Flight Benefits, flexibility

Kontra érvek

Pay, management, mandatory overtime.

Great work environment

With my time working for Alaska Airlines it has been fun and great I’ve never had so much fun coming to work and the people there always included you! I wake up excited to go to work and get to work around airplanes ✈️

Mandatory overtime and LOW pay

This job is draining. Any call center job is hard but the mandatory overtime is ridiculous. If you have no life and no bills this job is a good fit. I watched co workers be at the office from 7am to 7:30 pm, yeah no thanks..I have a life. The training is poor because they don't have enough staff they rush you through to get you on the phones. There is always 200-500 people waiting on hold so there is no time to breathe. The amount of work they expect you to do for minimum wage is insane. There are better paying jobs that are way less stressful. Free flights are cool but you work so much there is no time to use them. You spend so much time away from your family and the paychecks are pathetic so it's not worth it. Zero work/life balance. They don't value your personal life.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

If you want to “travel” for free, this is for you.

Can’t really speak for the whole company but depending on the station/airport you work at, work can be dreadful… it depends on management really... You get assigned mandatory overtime per “operational needs” and that can be really stressful. Feels like union isn’t on our side.

Unlimited stand by travel

Pay

easy but stressful

answer phones to unhappy people with lost items. everyday same thing. i hate going to work and i feel like its because of customers being so unhappy and immature towards others

Discriminatory Employer

Biased and discriminatory, If you review their policy/ application process, its discriminatory. You would have to lie on an application just to be even considered. I am shocked they haven't been sued over this yet.

the entire company

Fun to work for.

Great benefits!!! Your co workers become your family. Great leaders and very inclusive. We are growing in number as well. The best company to work for.

San Diego Alaska customer service

Customer service roll you have to pass a probation period which is typically at most job but this job it’s 1,040 hr which is about 6months you pay union but the union contract can’t protect while under probation which is unfair to have us pay then. Also this company has very poor management team and they have to have 3 different groups trainers that some can just be off of there 6month training or been there a while and they don’t have a lesson on how to properly train then manage when you ask them if your doing good sometimes they tell you to ask a your trainer because they don’t know much but they are the ones that keep your roll. Then there are leads here that don’t like the new hires because they never last and might be because managers don’t let them and there is a lot of bullying at this place. Trying to contact HR for now 2 days since let go

Bring back the old Alaska

Legacy Alaska, pre-merger, was one of the best airlines you could. have ever worked for. The culture was awesome and the airline ran like clockwork. It was time to leave after I didn't recognize the place anymore following the merger with VX. I'll be forever grateful for the lessons I learned at Alaska, though. Some of the best people -family- you could have ever asked to work for.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Alaska Airlines? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés