Aetna, a CVS Health Company

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 6 069 értékelés megmutatása

Corporate Environment

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Although I enjoyed my work I felt like more hands on training at the beginning would have been helpful, all training wasvirtual. Office environment was pleasant and relaxing.

Relaxing Environment

Total Virtual Training

Disability accommodation

There are procedures in place on how to get accommodations for disabilities. However, they make the employee jump through tons of hoops and usually deny their requests. I was practically forced to quit due to not being able to get any accommodations and having to be berated daily for my limitations. My mental health took a massive hit while I tried for months to get accommodations. My doctor notes were not good enough and even when all their forms were completed they said there was not enough information and denied my request. The Aetna part of the company I would not recommend. However the parts handled by CVS were good.

Pro érvek

Great extra benefits, they provide the physical equipmentfor remote work & sign on bonus usually available

Kontra érvek

They do not provide the internet for remote, they have multiple issues with the functionality of their VPN connections

Remote work from home

Job training is very thorough. Didn't know much about medical claims and insurance but after training I can help members understand deductibles and coinsurance and how it works. Great place to work!

Work Life Balance

Kontra érvek

Only 30 minutes for lunch.

productive and learning

Company was productive and learned at lot regarding medical health insurance. enjoyed helping callers and when I needed assistance was grateful to have a supv that was always willing to help.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Not a bad place to start

Aetna was not a bad place to start my sales career at home. It is work from home, which was the only reason I left. I was looking for a better opportunity but overall not a bad place.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Case Management

Meaningful work but too much emphasis on data collection. Limited opportunity for advancement but excellent opportunity to further one’s education. Good chance to build relationships with community partners. Decent salary. Benefits too expensive for an insurance company. You wouldn’t be miserable here but you might become dissatisfied down the road. The company could do more to diversify its upper management team. They talk a good diversity game but most POC are found in the bottom third of the corporate structure.

Misleading

When I applied to this job, I was unaware it was a call center. I thought I was working for corporate, but nope, just the switchboard. Even members thought they were calling corporate, so we got people screaming all day demanding corporate. Not only that, no training and favoritism.

Supervisor Lacks Professionalism and Managing Skills

High turnover rate due to the supervisor failing to join forces and inspire a level of trust for those on the team. There seems to be an irrational fear-based leadership style within the company. The compensation was on the higher end; however, the workload never let up. No positive reinforcement for going above and beyond and exceeding company standards.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good pay, work at home...the rest not so great

Have worked at Aetna for 6 years, first as a CM, now a UM. The culture of this place is just weird, secretive and honestly feels like no one actually has the answer to questions. It seems like everyone is winging it. Ask ten people the same work-related question and you'll get ten different answers. Pay is good, time off is very good (about 5 weeks PTO after 3 years), work from home is great, some ability to flex time for appointments. The work itself is okay (I don't mind actual UM work) but wildly unfulfilling. Hard to find a good team where the workload isn't absurd and then when you do you can be moved to another team without any say in the matter. If you're comfortable with a lack of concrete answers and good at going with the flow and not wondering why they don't do things to make the job easier instead of harder, this might be an okay place for you. If you are type A and want a concrete answer about how to do things correctly, it can be very frustrating to work here.

Love it

its nice, i love it. management is awesome. there is great work life balance not to mention the nice support that you get from upper management. I hope to stay here for a long time.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Monotonous job, unrealistic work metrics

Job consisted of managing caseload of 60-100 members at a time, made calls for preadmission/post discharge/etc. difficult to meet metrics, as many members did not answer or declined to participate. Flex time available depending on your supervisor and team. No holidays, no weekends.

Former employee

Aetna is overall a great company. I really think that they have their employees best interests in mind. They had some great flexibility as well coming from a working parent.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Compensation and work life balance could be better

There are major improvements that can happen with this company. They expect you wear many hats and do trainings, but you aren't compensated for them. Also, OT is mandatory and most of the time they only give a few days notice before reinstating the OT.

Pro érvek

Supervisor tries to understand, but their hands be tied in certain aspects.

Compensation is horrible

Overworked and underpaid

Overall, I enjoyed working from home during a pandemic. However, they want us now to return to field (home visits.) There is ALWAYS a new weekly updated with new tasks to be implemented.

Stressful work environment

High turn over,burnout, unrealistic work expectations. Unsupportive management, culture is not supportive to staff advancement,favoritism. This is a start up,funded through an RFP,it mimics social service,but the work does not align with social work and can be seen as plain ridiculous. It does not support social workers development.

Work from Home

Kontra érvek

Over worked, high caseloads, frequent changes
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The pay does not compensate for the stress

The management at Aetna is phenomenal, there are a lot of good people who work for the company. However, the overall stress you feel on the job is overwhelming compared to the pay. 17.00 an hour to be verbally abused by hateful people everyday, to show up and take back to back to back calls with little down time to do the work that is required to give each customer. Dealing with angry providers. Now the company is outsourcing agents (off shore) to do the job they do not want to pay direct hires to do. The vision benefits are great but the medical insurance has EXTREMELY high deductibles. We work for a health insurance company and receive terrible coverage. The management tries to make the work life balance tolerable, but it is absolutely dreadful knowing you have to go into work each day and not get paid your worth. I do not think people should be paid 30.00 an hour right off the bat, but they should be paid a liveable wage to make waking up to this job worth while each day. I can't imagine the higher ups making 17.00 an hour thinking this is okay. Especially the cost of living right now. People need to pay 1500.00 or more a month in rent. One singular paycheck doesn't even cover that. They need to think more about their employees and how these wages compare to the ultimate stress people feel doing this job. There are other healthcare providers hiring in at 22.00 an hour or more. CVS should take a harder look.

Great Company to work for

The Work from home opportunity that was available was perfect for my family when I transitioned over. Management was kind and helpful—excellent training and coworkers.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Too large to respect individuals

It could be a good job but the way the place operates destroys morale. You can do an excellent job and they just pick your calls apart. Management is clueless, they use workers and encourage them to pick one another apart, they also expect us to train one another. There are various other departments, and you never know when someone is telling you the truth or not until you get called to the side for doing something wrong. Difficult transfers, no one wants to take their calls. The systems don't work and as soon as the systems fail (not unusual at all), management is badgering you. This place is not going to get better unless they develop the 'empathy' they always tell workers they need to have. There are so many things that they don't tell you until you have committed, then they tell you that there is mandatory OT, in other words, they want to have control over your personal time at their convenience. They don't tell you these things on purpose. There's no respect, they will decide to change your schedule at any given moment. No support from management whatsoever. Very disappointed and disgusted with this place.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

I learned a lot and would consider returning if on a different team.

The company itself was a great place to work as far as benefits, pay was just below average. The team I worked with had very high turnover and we were often short staffed due to the number of people out on leave. Training was lacking and didn’t prepare you for a typical day with consistently heavy caseloads.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Not a good environment for Americans

They are slowly migrating all work to India offshore workers and the and product is becoming very bad. The American recruiters and implementers that provide quality resources and development are being pushed out for low rates and low quality development.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Long training schedule, yet set you up for failure

From the start, they will warn you that training is 21 weeks long and there will be no time off allowed period! Yeah, that’s not accurate, we’ve had several people in our class miss several days and they are still here. Training is so long because there is so much to learn, and yet you will still feel unprepared come soft landing, first weeks on the phones. There are roughly 40+ different systems that you will need to know and remember how to navigate on any given day and their motto is, “you don’t have to know the right answer, you just have to know where to find it”. While there is some truth to that, watch your metrics! Calls can’t be too long, hold times can’t be too long, time in auxiliary is frowned upon, and while the company is all about keeping the commitment to the member, they don’t really give you much time to honor that commitment between back to back calls. Turnover is high for a reason, just be prepared for a grueling and frustrating process.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Aetna, a CVS Health Company? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés