ACD Direct

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 75 értékelés megmutatása

Great remote job!

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Great job. The only negative is working and not knowing if you will get any calls. You get paid .25 cents a minute. Have not worked through the busy season, so I will find out later how the call flow is then Overall, the calls and work is not stressful.

The help

They don't really help you. They just want you to make their money, which I promise won't be much because you only get paid per call you get. So, I wouldn't recommend it. They do acknowledge when you do right but if you want steady pay without stress from callers don't work here.

Working from home

everything else

Very easy work

Something that stands out to me about this job is that you literally sit at home on a computer take calls read the script verbatim on every single call and everything is the same every single day. You also get to pick your own schedule and it goes by 30 minute increments

Pro érvek

Flexible schedule, easy work.

Kontra érvek

You're only guaranteed a job by the month, It is very hard to get any help when you need it on a call or outside of a call.

Worse WAHM Place Ever

You literally sit for hours without calls and minutes are the only way you get paid. I sat for 5 hours one day and only made 24 dollars the entire time. I think this is a federal offense. Then they expect you to be there when their supposed drive times come up after you have said for 2 or 3 months with no consistent calls. They call folks like why haven't you worked the drive, well you haven't provided consistent work before the drive. The management blames everything on the agents. They threaten agents that if they don't do this right then they will be removed, however, the training process is lack luster. There is never positive encouragement, but negative feedbacks are the culture. The salaried workers which are mostly management will do anything to pay less to the agents. Run for the hills. Management is the only people that benefit from this job. The tier 2 management celebrate in degrading the agents.

Flexible Work Hours But Weird Pay System That Favors the Company

I just recently started with ACD Direct and the best thing about the job is it offers you the ability to work from home for prominent clients like PBS and ASPCA. You can choose your own shifts and how much you want to work, although they "encourage" you to work at least 40 hours per month. I also love that shifts are only 30 minutes, so I have a lot of flexibly in scheduling work around my own schedule. That said, there are some cons about working with ACD Direct that greatly diminish the positives. While some shifts pay a flat rate around $5 per half hour shift (called shift insurance) most shift don't do this. For these shifts, instead of an hourly rate for your work and time, you only get compensated .25 cents for every minute you're on a call. This is fine if you can get a peak-hour shift, but not so great on a late-night shift where you might not even get one call. This is going to be a deal breaker for me. I'm almost fulltime in college so my time is limited, and the goal in working a job is to get paid. If I commit to working the phones for your business, I should be compensated for that time regardless of call volume. Naturally, with a pay system like this, they really really don't like when your calls run long (beyond seven minutes), and they'll demand you notify the manager in chat when one does go beyond six or seven minutes. Again, this is fine when you have high call volume but feels like they don't want you getting paid at all when call volume is light. On top of that, they charge YOU like $30 for job training, which they call "certification" and take -

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Great for a first remote job

This job is great if you are just starting customer service and need some practice your communication and people skills. And you are complete in charge of your schedule.

Super low pay.

You definitely do not get paid what they are advertising during enrollment. You are paid per talking minute and you are rushed off of the phones at that. It is definitely a “Hurry up and wait” atmosphere. Unless you are working during a peek season, you are lookin at a $2-$4 an hour average. They say you can raise your call volume by getting more certifications but they take their time with that as well. I would only work peek seasons if I were any new person coming on board.

Flexible schedule

Kontra érvek

Pay is disrespectful to your time at best.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

A decent fun job where you get to talk to happy people.

This is a pay by the minute business model which SUCKS! You can make some money during the busy drives, but when it gets slow forget it and you will be sitting there not making any money, but be expected to be there or they will get rid of you. I actually was ripped off by one of the managers cause I worked shifts for points to use to work during the busy Christmas drive so I picked up working shifts nobody wanted to work. Strictly for points that I was never paid or compensated at all for a lot of hours. I later received an email out of nowhere saying I was no longer needed even though I had nothing but above 90% testing and great call reviews from monitors consistently.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good for work life balance but management needs major work

Initially, I really enjoyed working for ACD. However, I progressively learned how poor the management team is. The loyalty that they have for clients supersedes their loyalty and care for employees by a long shot. Their commendation is superficial and most of the managers who assist during calls respond too slowly and project a condescending tone. On top of all of that, pay is not very good and can go down without any warning for unreasonable reasons.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

No Steady Work, Low Pay, Poor Communication with Management, Work Hard for Very Little Reward...

My first long run with the company went okay and at the time I completed 15 of their 16 certifications to take calls for their various non-profit organizations and public tv/radio stations.Everything took a nosedive for the worst when I had a bunch of obligations in my world as a new mother. As a 1099 contractor, we were promised that we can schedule ourselves to work when we desire. One pay period, I was finally able to log in and work the last three days of the period; went to log in and was locked out of Gateway. I sent emails to management to regain access to Gateway. After weeks of silent treatment from management, they finally allowed me back into Gateway, only for me to find out that they had taken away all of my certifications. I pretty much gave up on the company after that.The following Spring, they were having a busy drive and asked me to come back, and told me that I would have to re-earn my certifications. They pretty much made it impossible for me to regain my certs back past the first three. Therefore, after that epic drive, my phone was dead after that and there were almost no shifts available to pick up. Why is it that my phone was barely ringing even if I sat on the line for 2 hours straight, yet certain agents were able to get thousands of minutes worth of calls in a week??? I believe they are routing the bulk of their calls to their favorite agents while the rest of us sit on a dead phone line.Apparently, when you get locked out of Gateway, you are going to have a hard time accessing your 1099 form for filing taxes. You can email them several -

Pro érvek

Freedom to work from home WHEN there is work.

Kontra érvek

Little pay, unprofessional management, unfair workplace politics, unethical treatment at times, no steady work, unreliable income.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great company I’d you are looking for at home work.

ACD Direct is a great side job if you want to occupy your time. I just started so I will update after I put in a few weeks. Won’t pay the bills I’d this is your only income

Flexibility

Low pay Slow system

Great so far

Don’t have any issues at this time but I just started will edit when I have worked for a bit to see how it goes. So far all the people have been very helpful.

Work from home

Low Pay, Poor Management

This is a very low paying job with low call volume. Every year spent with this company resulted in less pay while expectations of contractors grew more demanding and unreasonable through aggressive micro management. I loved this company many years ago but would not recommend it to anyone today.

Pro érvek

Work from home and make your own schedule.

Kontra érvek

Low pay and micromanagement of contractors as though they are employees.

Awesome company

ACD is a great company with fantastic employees that are always available to help answer questions and assist in any circumstance. I would not give up my position for any other work from home company. You are given the ability to climb the ladder and advance by certifying with many clients and positions. I am extremely satisfied here.

Pro érvek

Awesome workplace and team!

Kontra érvek

Hours may be less between drives

Good Call center

I did love working with different organizations. I worked with PBS and loved doing that. I only got paid per min of talk time so did not make a lot. It always depending on how busy we were.

Perfect Independent Agent Work

Have worked with ACD remotely for about 9 months as an independent contractor taking customer service calls for folks who listen to/watch non profit stations. There is little to no stress in this position. Management is always quick to respond to assist with calls or any aspect of the work. Since there is not the pressure to contract to a large block of time in a given month there is a pleasing level of work-life balance. However, you can work as much as you are able. Overall, I am very glad to be working with ACD and enjoy the quality of the work and the relationship between the management and agents.

Good causes, Schedulng, Communication

Software glitches
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

You mak e your own hours, but no guaranteed pay

If you are comfortable following a script and answering random phone calls from around the country, this is a useful filler job. However, if taking credit card information from mostly older folks and not being sure of how much you will get paid each 30minute session you make yourself available is not something you are willing to live with, then don't even try it.

Make your own schedule

Kontra érvek

Few quaranteed paid work schedules
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Flexible hours with great pay and incentives.

It's been a great place to work. Flexible hours, wonderful training, wonderful support and so much more to say I just love the work-life balance that it's created in my life I wouldn't give it up for nothing.It has made my life much more stress free and enabled me to be able to be my mother's caregiver.

Pro érvek

Flexible hours, pay, people, remote

No benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

You are self employed. You make your own schedule.

It is one of the best self employed opportunities I have experienced. Zero benefits, but that's all you can expect from a self-employed business. You don't have to leave you home.

Self schedule

Kontra érvek

No benefits, you have to take out your own taxes, you only get paid if you are receiving a call.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

A good company that respects its employees

I am happy that I work in this company, we are having a good time. I hope that it will continue in the way it works. I thank all the employees, thanks to whom the company continues
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Low paying, with HIGH expectations.

You're paid BY THE MINUTE for time spent on calls with people wanting to donate to a slew of non-profits. The per-minute rate generally is $0.20. Although you can boost your hourly wage with shifts that have a minimum rate that you make (say, you'll be promised to make the equivalent of 12 mins of talk time on a 30-minute shift), the expectations for quality of work and strict script adherence really help you realize that this is a gig, not a job -- and more of a last resort, at that.You might consider this company if you're transitioning to working from home for the first time, or want experience handling callers using a script.

Pro érvek

Helps you learn how to work from home

Kontra érvek

pay, shift availability, lack of communication during on-boarding, very little support for issues that are on "their" end.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: ACD Direct? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés